3. Henderson

4. Argyle

5. Carthage

6. Coldspring

7. Snyder

8. Celina

9. Gilmer

10. West Orange Stark

Others: Alvarado, Athens, Lovejoy, Navasota, Sanger, Cuero, Liberty Hill , Abilene Wylie, Brownwood

I tell everyone..watch out for Sanger..they are my darkhorse

wimbo_pro
07-26-2011, 10:41 AM
Just out of curiosity...what was your prediction for the Top 10 this time last year?

Txbroadcaster
07-26-2011, 10:43 AM
Just out of curiosity...what was your prediction for the Top 10 this time last year?

uhh dont remember lol..we did it on the show last year..I think we had Bwood at one(duh)..but really cant remeber the rest

Gsquared
07-26-2011, 10:46 AM
uhh dont remember lol..we did it on the show last year..I think we had Bwood at one(duh)..but really cant remeber the rest
Lol, I found our notes for our preseason top 10 from last year. We had Lovejoy one and Brownwood two

Txbroadcaster
07-26-2011, 10:47 AM
Lol, I found our notes for our preseason top 10 from last year. We had Lovejoy one and Brownwood two

oh yea lol..but if I remember we said LL at #1 was not a strong #1

Gsquared
07-26-2011, 10:50 AM
oh yea lol..but if I remember we said LL at #1 was not a strong #1
Yeah, I do remember that and we said it was going to come down to a battle between Brownwood and Carthage.

Txbroadcaster
07-26-2011, 10:51 AM
Yeah, I do remember that and we said it was going to come down to a battle between Brownwood and Carthage.

amd that CH and Henderson would shock everyone lol..but I do remember telling the LL PbP guy they would not win state and he got pissed at us LOL

wimbo_pro
07-26-2011, 11:04 AM
Interesting! So...Chapel Hill (refresh my memory)...are they a DI or DII prospect, or is it up in the air? Cuz if they are a lock on DI, and knowing that Wimberley is a lock on DII no matter what happens in our district....are you predicting Wimberley to win state?

Txbroadcaster
07-26-2011, 11:06 AM
Interesting! So...Chapel Hill (refresh my memory)...are they a DI or DII prospect, or is it up in the air? Cuz if they are a lock on DI, and knowing that Wimberley is a lock on DII no matter what happens in our district....are you predicting Wimberley to win state?

no..our pre season top 10 is not predicting who wins state..it is saying going INTO season this is who we think are best..it can change

wimbo_pro
07-26-2011, 12:11 PM
no..our pre season top 10 is not predicting who wins state..it is saying going INTO season this is who we think are best..it can change

Understood. So then the question begs...who do YOU predict to win state? I know its forever until the end of the season, but it would be interesting to see your prediction.

trojandad
07-26-2011, 01:01 PM
Understood. So then the question begs...who do YOU predict to win state? I know its forever until the end of the season, but it would be interesting to see your prediction.

didnt somebody on here do a thread once long ago about the percentage of preseason number 1's that ended up winning it all? maybe it was another board....it was a very low number (ask b'wood)......wimbo, you dont want that curse, just win it....(or lose to us, either one....lol)

ogg
07-26-2011, 01:11 PM
Yup, top ten ranking is bad enough but number one, you're a target.

wimbo_pro
07-26-2011, 01:13 PM
didnt somebody on here do a thread once long ago about the percentage of preseason number 1's that ended up winning it all? maybe it was another board....it was a very low number (ask b'wood)......wimbo, you dont want that curse, just win it....(or lose to us, either one....lol)

LOL..I hear ya~! Actually, I know well how accurate pre-season polling can be at all levels of sports. It's just I respect these guys knowledge and in-depth analysis of 3a football, was just wondering. It matters not to me whether we are picked by them or not, just curious. I see us ranked anywhere from 3rd to 10th...all good enough for me at this juncture. Hell...even if ranked higher, I am good with it...though I may question that persons judgement!LOL

trojandad
07-26-2011, 01:23 PM
LOL..I hear ya~! Actually, I know well how accurate pre-season polling can be at all levels of sports. It's just I respect these guys knowledge and in-depth analysis of 3a football, was just wondering. It matters not to me whether we are picked by them or not, just curious. I see us ranked anywhere from 3rd to 10th...all good enough for me at this juncture. Hell...even if ranked higher, I am good with it...though I may question that persons judgement!LOL

i see you guys gettin stuck replaying a good team from your regular season, either sealy or cuero.....kinda like we had to last year against k'ville....repeat customers are the most dangerous.....

Gsquared
07-26-2011, 01:24 PM
Wimpy, you set your standards low with us! Thats what I usually look for in a woman! :inlove:

wimbo_pro
07-26-2011, 01:46 PM
Wimpy, you set your standards low with us! Thats what I usually look for in a woman! :inlove:

Oh my!!!!

wimbo_pro
07-26-2011, 01:47 PM
i see you guys gettin stuck replaying a good team from your regular season, either sealy or cuero.....kinda like we had to last year against k'ville....repeat customers are the most dangerous.....

Good points agian, TD. Thats why I would not be surprised if we are 9-1...or even 8-2 come the end of regular season.

Tejastrue
07-26-2011, 08:18 PM

Yes indeed TD. Exactly what happened to us last year facing both Cuero and Navarro (our Liberty Hill fix) twice. Same thing could happen again this time around.

Tejastrue
07-26-2011, 08:24 PM
Care to share why you rank Wimberley that high or do I need to wait for the talk show? :)

bigwood33
07-26-2011, 09:14 PM
I tell everyone..watch out for Sanger..they are my darkhorse
Won't get past the 1st round. They have a really bad matchup in the 1st round with Celina and I think they were better last year than they will be this year.

Txbroadcaster
07-26-2011, 09:32 PM
Care to share why you rank Wimberley that high or do I need to wait for the talk show? :)

I think Lambert is a hoss simple as that..love what they have coming back in total...will go more in depth after I am done eating lol

Txbroadcaster
07-31-2011, 05:03 AM
bump

wimbo_pro
07-31-2011, 08:57 AM
I think Lambert is a hoss simple as that..love what they have coming back in total...will go more in depth after I am done eating lol

Waiting for you to go into details!

Tejastrue
07-31-2011, 11:57 AM
I think he's still waiting for something to eat. Must be starving by now. :)

trojandad
07-31-2011, 12:26 PM
I think he's still waiting for something to eat. Must be starving by now. :)

yea, i woulda loved to have seen pics of THAT meal.....lol

LH Panther Mom
07-31-2011, 01:59 PM
Wimpy is a chick?!?!?! :1omg!: :1omg!: Well, that explains a couple of things. ;)

Txbroadcaster
08-01-2011, 07:40 AM
LOL I friggin forgot I had said that lol

I like them because the amount of starters coming back..when u have around 16 starters coming back and they are spread evely on both sides of the ball that is big...especially for a team that won so much last year. Having Blackemore back for the whole season is huge on both sides of the ball.

I like both sides of the ball line wise..good depth and talent..again this team like CH and Henderson in alot of years would be clear cut #1, but the depth of 3A this year is amazing

wimbo_pro
08-01-2011, 05:13 PM
Wimpy is a chick?!?!?! :1omg!: :1omg!: Well, that explains a couple of things. ;)

Hey now! Don't get me raggin' on LH so early in the season!