PDA

View Full Version : anyone with better access to stats know if....

trojandad
07-26-2011, 07:02 AM
a h/s team has had 4 backs with 1,000+ yds rushing AND a qb with 1,000+ yds passing, all in the same season?

LH Panther Mom
07-26-2011, 07:36 PM
I'd almost bet money that we've had 4 backs with 1,000+ yds rushing. But, if I were guessing, I'd say us having a QB with 1,000+ yds passing might be a stretch. :D

wimbo_pro
07-26-2011, 07:42 PM
I'd almost bet money that we've had 4 backs with 1,000+ yds rushing. But, if I were guessing, I'd say us having a QB with 1,000+ yds passing might be a stretch. :D

Not if you count all the years the LH QB started!!!

LH Panther Mom
07-26-2011, 07:52 PM
Not if you count all the years the LH QB started!!!
:D Good point!

bigwood33
07-26-2011, 08:12 PM
a h/s team has had 4 backs with 1,000+ yds rushing AND a qb with 1,000+ yds passing, all in the same season?
I don't know but if anyone would know it would probably be WOS87....he knows everything! :)

buckeyebob
07-27-2011, 06:44 AM

DARIAN GODFREY, Gilmer, Sr. -- 187-of-256 passing, 2,772 yards, 35 TDs, 5 INT; 382 rushing yards, 13 TDs...2009 Season...was alot of fun to watch...& he could run the ball!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyqUGFkS2lI&feature=related

trojandad
07-27-2011, 08:19 AM
DARIAN GODFREY, Gilmer, Sr. -- 187-of-256 passing, 2,772 yards, 35 TDs, 5 INT; 382 rushing yards, 13 TDs...2009 Season...was alot of fun to watch...& he could run the ball!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyqUGFkS2lI&feature=related

ok, good numbers, but the question was to determine if there was a backfield with 4 - 1,000 yd runners AND a 1,000 yd passer....

trojandad
07-27-2011, 09:22 AM
and while were looking for stats, how about what pair of rbs in the same backfield had the most yards? cummings had 2,526 last year and gilbert had 1,998.....and would that make gilberts numbers the highest for a number 2 back in a backfield?

BEAST
07-27-2011, 09:33 AM
I know back in the late 90s Brownwood always had 2 backs for over 1000 and the Qb would have 1000 rushing and passing.

BEAST

trojandad
07-27-2011, 09:37 AM
I know back in the late 90s Brownwood always had 2 backs for over 1000 and the Qb would have 1000 rushing and passing.

BEAST

yea, i found a streak of your guys, its that 4th guy in the backfield with 1,000 i havent found....the reason i ask is we did that in 2002.....we actually had better offensive numbers that year than we did going to state last year, and that was with 4 fewer games.....sure hate that that team is forgotten....

BEAST
07-27-2011, 09:49 AM
yea, i found a streak of your guys, its that 4th guy in the backfield with 1,000 i havent found....the reason i ask is we did that in 2002.....we actually had better offensive numbers that year than we did going to state last year, and that was with 4 fewer games.....sure hate that that team is forgotten....

We ran out of the bone then. But we could still pass the ball. I think either 97 or 98 we wouldve come really close to getting the 4th guy. Dont think it ever happened though.

BEAST

RoyceTTU
07-27-2011, 10:10 AM
We ran out of the bone then. But we could still pass the ball. I think either 97 or 98 we wouldve come really close to getting the 4th guy. Dont think it ever happened though.

BEAST

qb - FREEMAN

RBs - Johnson,Barron,George?

I can't remember, I know I was there

BEAST
07-27-2011, 10:30 AM
qb - FREEMAN

RBs - Johnson,Barron,George?

I can't remember, I know I was there

Qb Freeman
RBs Deacon Burns, Shay Ratliff, Jason Baron

BEAST

RoyceTTU
07-27-2011, 10:33 AM
Qb Freeman
RBs Deacon Burns, Shay Ratliff, Jason Baron

BEAST

To have Deacon would of had to been 99.

Me, Freeman and Baron would of seniors and Deacon would of been soph. Unless Deacon started as a freshman but I can't remember. If that's the year Jason George woudl of been the 4th but he blew his knee out mid year.

BEAST
07-27-2011, 10:36 AM
To have Deacon would of had to been 99.

Me, Freeman and Baron would of seniors and Deacon would of been soph. Unless Deacon started as a freshman but I can't remember. If that's the year Jason George woudl of been the 4th but he blew his knee out mid year.

Ok, help me out then. I thought when George blew his knee they brought Burns up. I could be wrong. Weve had so many hoss Rbs over the years. Gets hard to keep them straight. What about 97? Mitchell, Johnson, and Barron?

BEAST

MGAR
07-27-2011, 10:50 AM
Saw a team in the early 90s that had two 2,000 yard rushers and another 1,000 yard rusher...

So I can only imagine how tough it would be to have four backs with 1,000+ yds rushing and a QB with 1,000+ yds passing.

RoyceTTU
07-27-2011, 10:58 AM
Ok, help me out then. I thought when George blew his knee they brought Burns up. I could be wrong. Weve had so many hoss Rbs over the years. Gets hard to keep them straight. What about 97? Mitchell, Johnson, and Barron?

BEAST

This is probably more likely. And here again George would of been close but at this point he was really the 4th RB probably getting little playing time or splitting with Barron. If I remember correctly George had a couple of knee injuries but only one I remember was his senior year because it really cost him a scholorship to play football.

Now I think about it. Someone in the mix would of been Jessie Sams during this year, maybe it was Sams instead of Barron or George. I'm like you, they all start running together.

BEAST
07-27-2011, 11:06 AM
This is probably more likely. And here again George would of been close but at this point he was really the 4th RB probably getting little playing time or splitting with Barron. If I remember correctly George had a couple of knee injuries but only one I remember was his senior year because it really cost him a scholorship to play football.

Now I think about it. Someone in the mix would of been Jessie Sams during this year, maybe it was Sams instead of Barron or George. I'm like you, they all start running together.

I know Sams got some touches but I really thought he played more on D?

Anyway, I know there was 1 year that Deacon and Shay were in the backfield together. Whatever year that was was a fun thing to watch.

BEAST

mwynn05
07-27-2011, 11:27 AM
trojandad how far are yall from kingwood?

trojandad
07-28-2011, 06:40 AM
trojandad how far are yall from kingwood?

less than an hour....straight up us59 to cleveland, take the fm 2025 exit, go nrth another 20 min, dead ends into sh 150, make a right and the stadium and school are a mile down on the right....

fair warning, tho, when i say we shouldnt be a 3a team its true, the town has 2 small cafes, a mexican restaurant and a subway and thats it for eating (well, a small bbq shack that does take out only, but whether they are open would be a coin flip), so be sure to fill up the tummy before leaving kingwood, cause those few places are maxed out before a game....

mwynn05
07-28-2011, 10:47 AM
I might just wait and go to the huffman game... nice and close

trojandad
07-31-2011, 01:21 PM
I might just wait and go to the huffman game... nice and close

i REALLY like huffmans coach, he got that team from a cloud of dust team to a progression passing offense....i know they lose a good one in deberry this year but that type of offense is a good one for high school, deberry would throw while looking at the defensive man, not his receiver....they overload one side or the other with the two rb's to one side, then go back to the offside wr when the defense starts cheating...if they have any decent arm to throw the ball tey have a system that is an easy one to pick up, the tough part is being patient.....deberry had us last year if he hadnt gotten impatient...

huffman scored last year to trail us 22 - 20 with 4 minutes left, they set up their onside kick to the right but inexplicably the huffman kicker kicked the ball staright down the middle of the field....it one hopped to gilbert running full guns and nobody on huffmans kickoff team was fast enough to catch him with a full head of steam and all being on the right side of the field....that put us up 9....

but even with that, huffman drove down the length of the field with strictly short passes, but deberry got greedy, went down field and was intercepted at our 1, where time ran out....hemotoxic was there with me and we both agreed huffman gave it away....they showed that they were pretty darn good in beating silsbee the 1st round last year and playing navasota a lot tougher the first 3 qtrs last year than anyone expcted.....im sure theyll have growing pains with a new qb (and they lose an all state honorable mention wr in julian) but the 1st qb they have sit in that system for 3 yrs will be one tough son of a gun.....it will be a good game, for sure.....hope to see you there when time gets closer.....

trojandad
07-31-2011, 01:29 PM
and wos-87, do you have an answer to my initial question?

trojandad
07-31-2011, 03:13 PM
Saw a team in the early 90s that had two 2,000 yard rushers and another 1,000 yard rusher...

So I can only imagine how tough it would be to have four backs with 1,000+ yds rushing and a QB with 1,000+ yds passing.

in our case it was a wishbone offense with three backs over 1,000 yds rushing, and the qb had 1,000+ rushing and 1,000+ passing....

who was the team you saw with 2 - 2,000 yd rushers the same year?.....we were two yards for gilbert having 2 - 2,000 yd rushers in the same backfield....

MGAR
07-31-2011, 08:32 PM
in our case it was a wishbone offense with three backs over 1,000 yds rushing, and the qb had 1,000+ rushing and 1,000+ passing....

who was the team you saw with 2 - 2,000 yd rushers the same year?.....we were two yards for gilbert having 2 - 2,000 yd rushers in the same backfield....

Tatum... back in 93'....

Running backs were Anthony Hodge(Overstreet) and Travian Smith. QB was Charles Sammons. Running the veer is what they did. Got knocked out of the playoffs by SLC in the state semi-finals. Southlake was lead by QB Chris Brown and RB Dane Johnson.

trojandad
07-31-2011, 09:46 PM
Tatum... back in 93'....

Running backs were Anthony Hodge(Overstreet) and Travian Smith. QB was Charles Sammons. Running the veer is what they did. Got knocked out of the playoffs by SLC in the state semi-finals. Southlake was lead by QB Chris Brown and RB Dane Johnson.

that same SLC team beat us in the finals the year before, brown had a great game against us.....thanks for the heads up, didnt know tatum had two that good back then....

MGAR
07-31-2011, 09:49 PM
that same SLC team beat us in the finals the year before, brown had a great game against us.....thanks for the heads up, didnt know tatum had two that good back then....

They were two of the best to ever go through Tatum and that say's a lot. Smith went to OU and ended up playing linebacker for the Raiders and Hodge(Overstreet) went to Baylor.

trojandad
07-31-2011, 10:08 PM
They were two of the best to ever go through Tatum and that say's a lot. Smith went to OU and ended up playing linebacker for the Raiders and Hodge(Overstreet) went to Baylor.

gilbert may end up being that good (older brother started last year at OSU), but i havent heard of any D1 schools going after cummings....nobody that saw the two really believed cummings was on gilberts level, even though he had 400+ yds more than gilbert did.....