PDA

View Full Version : This is going to be a crazy/great year in 3A

Txbroadcaster
07-25-2011, 09:18 AM
In most years a team like chapel hill with 14 starters coming back from a 13-2 season and finals apperance would be considered far and away the top dog( no pun intended) of 3A..but this year with the depth in 3A you cannot even guarantee they make it out of their own region....

Last year was fun as it seemed to be Bwood and everyone else and it was great to see the crazy stats Bwood put up week in and week out..but IMO this year is going to be better because so many teams truly are in play when it comes to the State Title chase

oldtownag
07-25-2011, 09:23 AM
I just want to point out that Brownwood was delusional. They were never the favorite last year! :1popcorn:

95mustang
07-25-2011, 09:52 AM
I just want to point out that Brownwood was delusional. They were never the favorite last year! :1popcorn:

...and your entitled to your opinion. I am not taking anything away from Carthage or the semi-final game it was one of the better games I have ever seen. I know you are wanting a rise out of us Brownwood folks with your comment, but nothing but respect for the Carthage bunch from me.

Roughneck93
07-25-2011, 10:13 AM
In most years a team like chapel hill with 14 starters coming back from a 13-2 season and finals apperance would be considered far and away the top dog( no pun intended) of 3A..but this year with the depth in 3A you cannot even guarantee they make it out of their own region....Last year was fun as it seemed to be Bwood and everyone else and it was great to see the crazy stats Bwood put up week in and week out..but IMO this year is going to be better because so many teams truly are in play when it comes to the State Title chaseYep. So many good teams this year. It will certainly be fun week in week out watching how this season plays out.

MGAR
07-25-2011, 11:49 AM
In most years a team like chapel hill with 14 starters coming back from a 13-2 season and finals apperance would be considered far and away the top dog( no pun intended) of 3A..but this year with the depth in 3A you cannot even guarantee they make it out of their own region....

Last year was fun as it seemed to be Bwood and everyone else and it was great to see the crazy stats Bwood put up week in and week out..but IMO this year is going to be better because so many teams truly are in play when it comes to the State Title chase

Speaking of Chapel Hill... Check yo email.

garciap77
07-25-2011, 11:53 AM

:lies:

Chillfan
07-25-2011, 03:47 PM
Chapel Hill should have the depth, size, and speed to hopefully make another run. Last year we didnt have much depth in the trenches but its looking like some kids will be fighting for positions. I am hearing that CH has 3 players that have verbally committed to go to North Texas (RB/LB Andrew Tucker, RB Rex Rollins, and DT Sir Calvin Wallace). WR Nelson Onswu has committed to the Air Force. QB Saenz, DT Morehead, and Saftey Dean should get some good looks as well. They will have some tough games in predistrict and district that will help them prepare. Carthage, Whitehouse, Lindale, and Athens will be great ones too watch.

MGAR
07-25-2011, 05:56 PM
Athens is a team to watch as well. Gave CH all they wanted and then some last season....

Tinkering with the offense this year I'm hearing.. Sanders is a beast on both sides of the ball. Some say he is the best overall football player in that district..

Got Jefferson's old coach on the staff as well(Coach Hale).. Wonder if coach is bringing his 6'3 270 pound son with him. He was one of the better lineman in district 9-2A last season.

Sweetwater Red
07-25-2011, 06:04 PM
...and your entitled to your opinion. I am not taking anything away from Carthage or the semi-final game it was one of the better games I have ever seen. I know you are wanting a rise out of us Brownwood folks with your comment, but nothing but respect for the Carthage bunch from me.

Stay classy my friend.

Sweetwater Red
07-25-2011, 06:10 PM
Snyder is the clear favorite DII rep as far as Region I goes. But, DI should be wide open. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

hollywood
08-05-2011, 11:38 AM
The teams returning good numbers are what most look at for the obvious favorites. I think this season we're going to have some surprises make good runs. Teams that were on the bubble last year, rebuilding, and even teams that lost a lot will make some noise this year as well. Athens, Gilmer, Alvarado, Wimberley, Argyle, Snyder, Monahans, and even Brownwood.