PDA

View Full Version : Burnet v. Liberty Hill

BurnetBulldog
11-01-2003, 08:41 AM
Yes it's part deux of the undefeated teams. And the result will be no different than last years. The hype again is the undefeated teams vying for #1 in district. However, the game will not live up to the hype.

LH has a nice 9 - 0 record however with a close win against Llano (20 - 19) and a come from behind win against Ingram (24 - 10) it's hard to say they will give Burnet a challenge. Burnet has man handled the district scoring 198 - 7. Yes the offense is the main show but having your defense limit all district teams to 7 total pts is impressive. LH is truly a one dimensional running team. They have compiled huge numbers against suspect defenses at best. I see multiple sacks/fumbles from LH and when they move to throwing the ball expect Shipley to return an int. for a TD.

This game will be over by half time. I give Burnet a +40 pt edge in this game.

3afan
11-01-2003, 08:43 AM
Burnet 49, LH 14 (2nd half points for LH)

<small>[ November 01, 2003, 07:44 AM: Message edited by: 3afan ]</small>

laserbeam
11-01-2003, 09:32 AM
BurnetBulldog:
Yes it's part deux of the undefeated teams. And the result will be no different than last years. The hype again is the undefeated teams vying for #1 in district. However, the game will not live up to the hype.

LH has a nice 9 - 0 record however with a close win against Llano (20 - 19) and a come from behind win against Ingram (24 - 10) it's hard to say they will give Burnet a challenge. Burnet has man handled the district scoring 198 - 7. Yes the offense is the main show but having your defense limit all district teams to 7 total pts is impressive. LH is truly a one dimensional running team. They have compiled huge numbers against suspect defenses at best. I see multiple sacks/fumbles from LH and when they move to throwing the ball expect Shipley to return an int. for a TD.

This game will be over by half time. I give Burnet a +40 pt edge in this game.Arrogance

BurnetBulldog
11-01-2003, 10:23 AM
Hmmm...is it really arrogance or just confidence based on fact? You be the judge. wink

arrogance definition:

\Ar"ro*gance\, n. [F., fr. L. arrogantia, fr. arrogans.] Overbearing pride evidenced by a superior manner toward inferiors.

confidence definition

\Con"fi*dence\, n. [L. confidentia firm trust in, self-confidence: cf. F. confidence.] 1. The act of confiding, trusting, or putting faith in; trust; reliance; belief; The state or quality of being certain: I have every confidence in your ability to succeed.

fact definition:

\Fact\, n. [L. factum, fr. facere to make or do. Cf. Feat, Affair, Benefit, Defect, Fashion, and -fy.] 1. A doing, making, or preparing. [Obs.] Knowledge or information based on real occurrences: an account based on fact;

espn1
11-01-2003, 11:25 AM
laserbeam:

BurnetBulldog:

This game will be over by half time. I give Burnet a +40 pt edge in this game.ArroganceYeah! I love it. Get some self esteem.

PAINTBALL
11-01-2003, 12:01 PM
"They(Burnet) throw the ball all over the place and they have incredible athletes. We just have a bunch of itty bittie kids. It's certainly going to be very difficult."
Coach Jerry Vance
Austin American Statesman 11/01/03

An understatement if you ask me.

<small>[ November 01, 2003, 11:07 AM: Message edited by: PAINTBALL ]</small>

Matthew328
11-01-2003, 12:03 PM
Burnet by 50

Rabbit'93
11-01-2003, 12:06 PM
hum·ble ( P ) Pronunciation Key (hmbl)
adj. hum·bler, hum·blest
-Marked by meekness or modesty in behavior, attitude, or spirit; not arrogant or prideful.
-Showing deferential or submissive respect: a humble apology.
-Low in rank, quality, or station; unpretentious or lowly: a humble cottage.

GreatBigBurnetFan
11-01-2003, 12:29 PM
Dear Rabbit,
You folks demonstrate these characteristics how?
Aren't you the ones saying you going to beat us?
Is this a case of the pot calling the kettle black or what?
Regards,
GreatBigBurnetFan

LH Panther Mom
11-01-2003, 12:30 PM
PAINTBALL:
"They(Burnet) throw the ball all over the place and they have incredible athletes. We just have a bunch of itty bittie kids. It's certainly going to be very difficult."
Coach Jerry Vance
Austin American States 11/01/03

An understatement if you ask me.Paintball, everyone in Liberty Hill is aware that next Friday's game is going to be difficult, at best, for us. To us, it is the game of the year. To Burnet, it's one more game on the road to the hopeful state championship.

My oldest son graduated last year, so this year, other than support for all LH players, it is not "personal" for me. Last year, there was a lot of hype and trash talk on both sides going into week 10. Our players, the seniors particularly, took much of this to heart, but let it go to their heads. The first half, they allowed this to overtake them, and by the time they got their heads back in the game, it was too late.

To all Burnet fans and players, you have shown us for years that you have great teams. While I am not unrealistic in my thinking, I personally would like nothing better than to have us win. That being said, I hope that Coach Vance has the forethought to warn the players (and parents) not to allow the hype and trash talk to overwhelm them again this year.

Good luck Burnet, in the playoffs.

PAINTBALL
11-01-2003, 01:26 PM
LH Pnanther Mom

I don't know if you have noticied or not, but I'm a realist. I realize that usually when teams are mismatched talent wise, the team with the superior talent wins. I realize that upsets do happen, but not too often. That's why they are called upsets. Your son has nothing to be ashamed of. Last year's Liberty Hill team had an awesome season. Something your son should be proud of for the rest of his life. I have had three sons play football for Burnet. All three have started for varsity for three years, although none were super stars. I feel they gave their best up to their ability, which is all anyone should ask of them. I am proud of all three. One's senior year ended in a 2-8 season and I'm just as proud of him as the other 2. The kids learn valuable leasons in playing the game of football which benefits them for the rest of their lives.

That said, I am really impressed with all the teams we have seen so far in 25 3A and I'm certain I will be impressed with Liberty Hill this Friday. I look for both our Div. 2 teams to do good in the playoff's again this year. Burnet should beat Liberty Hill this Friday based on the talent. If Liberty Hill wins they will have pulled off a major upset. Good luck to Liberty Hill in the playoffs. Let's all show the State that District 25 3A is THE BEST.

LH Panther Mom
11-01-2003, 01:51 PM
Yes, Paintball, I have noticed you are realistic. So am I, and you are right - IF we were to beat Burnet, it would most likely be THE 3A upset of the year. I have also noticed that you are very supportive of LH and all other teams in our district and are not one to talk trash. We appreciate it.

My son, and our entire family, is very proud of the accomplishments both he and our team had last year. I also know that he allowed good-natured (generally) trashing to affect his mental preparedness for the game with Burnet, which is why I hope our players are able to ignore it. It may not help the overall score, but might help them focus on the task at hand, instead of all the hype.

I told my husband that, while we do not have a varsity player, that regardless of the score, we were not walking out of the game early. It was appalling the way half of our fans had a mass exodus last year - it made us parents feel that they were only there when we were winning, and couldn't stand to stick around for a beating. Last night at the game, probably 25% of the fans in the main stands left around half-time, because we were losing. Leaving made them miss the best 3 minutes of the game.

<small>[ November 01, 2003, 12:53 PM: Message edited by: LH Panther Mom ]</small>

BurnetBulldog
11-01-2003, 03:15 PM
You were right, now that I think about it, I was being arrogant. Just not sure how I would go about saying Liberty Hill doesn't have a chance unless Burnet puts in the JV team. wink

PAINTBALL
11-01-2003, 03:15 PM
LH Panther Mom:
Yes, Paintball, I have noticed you are realistic. So am I, and you are right - IF we were to beat Burnet, it would most likely be THE 3A upset of the year. I have also noticed that you are very supportive of LH and all other teams in our district and are not one to talk trash. We appreciate it.

My son, and our entire family, is very proud of the accomplishments both he and our team had last year. I also know that he allowed good-natured (generally) trashing to affect his mental preparedness for the game with Burnet, which is why I hope our players are able to ignore it. It may not help the overall score, but might help them focus on the task at hand, instead of all the hype.

I told my husband that, while we do not have a varsity player, that regardless of the score, we were not walking out of the game early. It was appalling the way half of our fans had a mass exodus last year - it made us parents feel that they were only there when we were winning, and couldn't stand to stick around for a beating. Last night at the game, probably 25% of the fans in the main stands left around half-time, because we were losing. Leaving made them miss the best 3 minutes of the game.Check you PM

LH Panther Mom
11-01-2003, 03:23 PM
back at ya

Chief Woodman
11-01-2003, 04:00 PM
BurnetBulldog:

LH has a nice 9 - 0 record however with a close win against Llano (20 - 19) and a come from behind win against Ingram (24 - 10) it's hard to say they will give Burnet a challenge. Burnet has man handled the district scoring 198 - 7. Yes the offense is the main show but having your defense limit all district teams to 7 total pts is impressive. LH is truly a one dimensional running team. They have compiled huge numbers against suspect defenses at best. Just an observation....If LH has been getting offensive numbers against suspect defenses at best.....are these not the same defenses that Burnett has faced in district? If this is true, then the only logical conclusion that can be reached is that Burnett numbers are bogus as well.
I for one do not believe that Burnett's numbers are bogus, therefore LHG's numbers cannot be as suspect as you state. It seems you are trying to overstate one teams accomplishments or understating the other teams.
I am not knocking Burnett at all...I find them awesome. But confidence in your team does not mean you have to downplay your opponents accomplishments. Just food for thought.

LH Panther Mom
11-01-2003, 04:15 PM
BurnetBulldog:

LH has a nice 9 - 0 record Gosh - and I thought our 9-0 record was naughty; I'm glad to know that it was nice. wink

next generation
11-01-2003, 04:27 PM
Burnet 35-10

PAINTBALL
11-01-2003, 04:37 PM
Chief Woodman:

BurnetBulldog:

LH has a nice 9 - 0 record however with a close win against Llano (20 - 19) and a come from behind win against Ingram (24 - 10) it's hard to say they will give Burnet a challenge. Burnet has man handled the district scoring 198 - 7. Yes the offense is the main show but having your defense limit all district teams to 7 total pts is impressive. LH is truly a one dimensional running team. They have compiled huge numbers against suspect defenses at best. Just an observation....If LH has been getting offensive numbers against suspect defenses at best.....are these not the same defenses that Burnett has faced in district? If this is true, then the only logical conclusion that can be reached is that Burnett numbers are bogus as well.
I for one do not believe that Burnett's numbers are bogus, therefore LHG's numbers cannot be as suspect as you state. It seems you are trying to overstate one teams accomplishments or understating the other teams.
I am not knocking Burnett at all...I find them awesome. But confidence in your team does not mean you have to downplay your opponents accomplishments. Just food for thought.You misread Burnetbulldog. He is making a very valid point that Liberty Hill appears to be equal talent wise with Llano, Wimberly, Bandara, and Ingram, while Burnet had no trouble beating any of these teams. Liberty Hill did not put up their predistrict numbers against these teams. This is not to downplay Liberty Hill, because I believe 25 3A is a very good District and both of our Div. 2 schools should do very well in the playoffs. It does illustrate, however, that Burnet is several Tiers higher then the other schools in our district and a win by Liberty Hill would be a major upset. Burnet should easily win this game, just like the other district games. That's what I believe he was saying.

GreatBigBurnetFan
11-01-2003, 04:37 PM
Hey Chief,
I never dreamed you'd be the one buttin'in. He
was referring to LH playing weak and weaker 2A
teams in predistrict. Burnet plays strong/rated
3A and strong 4A teams, BIG DIFFERENCE BUDDY. That's the reason LH is SO LIGHTLY regarded in the polls.
Regards,
GreatBigBurnetFan

1team1dream
11-01-2003, 06:44 PM
there is no doubt about it,....burnet 03 district champions...liberty hill will come to play however their run is not by any means goin to be very effective agains burnets wall of a defensive line.. look for burnets depth to come in and get some well deserved playing time...sorry LH not this time! :D

BigChamp05
11-01-2003, 06:49 PM
I gotta take Burnet, big, by at least 28. Sorry LH. They are too overpowering. Too many weapons.

Bulldog_fan_9
11-01-2003, 08:27 PM
BurnetBulldog:
You were right, now that I think about it, I was being arrogant. Just not sure how I would go about saying Liberty Hill doesn't have a chance unless Burnet puts in the JV team. wink I think Burnet's JV could give them at least a really good run for their money. Burnet by 45.

b-townhottie06
11-01-2003, 11:21 PM
I think this game( Burnet vs. Liberty Hill) is going the be the best game. This is actually the ONLY game i have been LOOKING FORWARD to go to. I want to actually have to worry some about whos gonna win. We really haven't had to and im not trying to dis some other schools. it just that they are undefeated like we are and so im actually a little worried! But i think we will win but atleast 20-30 points. GOOD LUCK PANTHERS!

b-townhottie06
11-01-2003, 11:22 PM
I think this game( Burnet vs. Liberty Hill) is going the be the best game. This is actually the ONLY game i have been LOOKING FORWARD to go to. I want to actually have to worry some about whos gonna win. We really haven't had to and im not trying to dis some other schools. it just that they are undefeated like we are and so im actually a little worried! But i think we will win but atleast 20-30 points. GOOD LUCK PANTHERS!

BHS#1
11-02-2003, 09:50 AM
btownhottie06 are you in the band? And aren't you Phillip Fox's cousin?

<small>[ November 02, 2003, 08:52 AM: Message edited by: BHS#1 ]</small>

b-townhottie06
11-02-2003, 04:41 PM
yes and yes im his cuz!

b-townhottie06
11-02-2003, 04:42 PM
WHO R U???????