18) Abilene Wylie
19) Athens
20) Sealy
21) La Vega
22) Lovejoy
23) Sanger
24) Pleasant Grove
25) Seminole

http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-sign-smileys-1010.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/facebook-smileys.html) ...And how do you forget about Gilmer? http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-think005.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php) We have the Bulldogs at home this year and we have their number.

Matthew328
08-01-2011, 01:47 PM
Matt328's poll sucks

LIONS#1
08-01-2011, 02:28 PM
:iagree:

RoyceTTU
08-01-2011, 02:42 PM
Matt328's sucks poll

FIFY

:eek:

j/k :taunt:

hookandladder
08-02-2011, 03:15 PM
1) Henderson
2) Tyler Chapel Hill
3) Argyle
4) Carthage
5) Wimberley
6) Coldspring
7) Celina
8) Gilmer
9) West Orange-Stark
10) Alvarado
11) Athens
12) Snyder
13) Lovejoy
14) Giddings
15) Monahans
16) Sealy
17) Texarkana Liberty-Eylau
18) Prosper
19) West Columbia
20) Seminole
21) Kennedale
22) Sinton
23) Burnet
24) Graham
25) Lindale

Giddings at #14 , that is interesting with the Old Coach magizine they are not even picked to make the playoffs.

SintonFan
08-02-2011, 08:16 PM
1) Henderson
2) Tyler Chapel Hill
3) Argyle
4) Carthage
5) Wimberley
6) Coldspring
7) Celina
8) Gilmer
9) West Orange-Stark
10) Alvarado
11) Athens
12) Snyder
13) Lovejoy
14) Giddings
15) Monahans
16) Sealy
17) Texarkana Liberty-Eylau
18) Prosper
19) West Columbia
20) Seminole
21) Kennedale
22) Sinton
23) Burnet
24) Graham
25) Lindale

Aaaaaaawe man!
Got some love for Sinton! :clap: :)

coach
08-05-2011, 12:29 PM
no love for Fairfield? WTH?

Saggy Aggie
08-06-2011, 12:32 PM
youve just never been a believer in us.....might as well throw centerville and tarkington above us too.....

1. chapel hill
2. henderson
3. argyle
4. wimbo
5. coldspring
6. gilmer
7. celina
8. west orange
9. athens
10. abilene wiley
11. alvarado
12. lovejoy
13. liberty-eylau
14. monohans
15. sinton
16. sealy
17. brownwood
18. la vega
19. navasota
20. madison
21. sealy
22. burnet
23. prosper
24. cuero
25. bridge city LOL, coming from the same guy who doesn't even rank Wc in his top 25. you're talking about a semi final team that returns nearly everyone.

I saw Coldspring play once last year and wasn't all that impressed. I mean, a pretty good team, but IMO, WC would have beaten them. I believe WC should be in the 15-16 range, so I put Coldspring as high as I could without being ranked ahead of a team that I thought could beat them.

I just don't see them being a top 5 team like a lot of people.

trojandad
08-06-2011, 03:23 PM
LOL, coming from the same guy who doesn't even rank Wc in his top 25. you're talking about a semi final team that returns nearly everyone.

I saw Coldspring play once last year and wasn't all that impressed. I mean, a pretty good team, but IMO, WC would have beaten them. I believe WC should be in the 15-16 range, so I put Coldspring as high as I could without being ranked ahead of a team that I thought could beat them.

I just don't see them being a top 5 team like a lot of people.

im probably wrong selling wc so short, i felt like they squeaked by a couple of playoff games they shouldnt have won, and they were dismantled by a chapel hill team that sqeaked by athens, who we beat handily....i have a friend on their coaching staff that i asked last year about how real he felt they were and he was happy with the success but privately didnt know how a couple of wins happened.....

we have that same thing, i dont think we would have beaten kirbyville the second time if alvarez hadnt turned the game into a "who has the best running game" challenge and wimberley couldnt have played a worse game if they tried, but the simple facts are we went two games further in the playoffs than wc (dI vs dII), had the far better end on common opponents and on a whole handled playoff teams better than wc....

i saw several games of coldspring last year that i wasnt impressed (lol) but the stat that matters is the score.....they turned the numbers they did with defense and offense (no kicking game at all) and once those are addressed many of the closer games will be helped, as our offense has included a grand total of one field goal and 10 extra points....we won all those games going for two almost every td, a 50% or less scenario....

and we dont have to worry about you putting us in a top 5, we cant even break top 15 with you, and behind some teams that barely got out of bi-dist and are going thru coaching changes......like i said, the teams you have in front of us made me look to see if we were playing our jv...lol....we have one or two bench players coming back too, and ours went further than the wc stars did.....:)

bigwood33
08-06-2011, 08:25 PM
http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-sign-smileys-1010.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/facebook-smileys.html) ...And how do you forget about Gilmer? http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-think005.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php) We have the Bulldogs at home this year and we have their number.
Just an oversight. If I could edit my poll, I would put the Buckeyes at about 10 and push everyone else down one.

cowboyandchrist
08-06-2011, 11:03 PM
What planet is this person from. The back to back to back champs not on his list. Oh well it does take all kinds, other than the brain xxxx his list looks ok.

bigwood33
08-07-2011, 08:12 AM
What planet is this person from. The back to back to back champs not on his list. Oh well it does take all kinds, other than the brain xxxx his list looks ok.I suppose that you have never made a mistake...

SintonFan
08-07-2011, 11:22 AM
Aaaaaaawe man!
Got some love for Sinton! :clap: :)

I've been randomerized! sweet Thanks Deb! ;)

HEMOTOXIC
08-07-2011, 12:38 PM
New year same disrespect for the Navasota Rattlers. Each year, the Rattlers reload.

Besides Carthage and maybe a few others, who, other than Navasota, has made it to the Regional final four consecutive years??

Respect is earned, not given. I do believe Navasota has earned that respect.

2007- Lost to eventual champion Liberty Hill. That 2007 Panther team was one of the best 3A teams that I have seen in a very long time.

2008- Lost to Waco La Vega in overtime. We had 3 turnovers inside the Pirates' 20. La Vega goes on to blow by Cuero and loses in the championship game
2009- Gilmer 42- Navasota 35. Gilmer was good but Navasota gave them all they wanted. The Buckeyes go on to win the Division I championship.

2010- Lost to Chapel Hill- It was ugly from the start. We had no solution for the Bulldogs. BTW, Chapel Hill lost in the championship.

What will 2011 bring? Who knows. Then again, that holds true for the rest of the state. But, I will say it again, no respect for the Rattlers once again.

1st and goal
08-07-2011, 05:26 PM
Trojandad, you have room for Wc if you want to since you have sealy twice..
:)

trojandad
08-07-2011, 05:59 PM
Trojandad, you have room for Wc if you want to since you have sealy twice..
:)

i should quit trying....thanks....

trojandad
08-09-2011, 12:03 AM
now were barely a top 25 team?......

buckeyebob
08-09-2011, 05:59 AM
Just an oversight. If I could edit my poll, I would put the Buckeyes at about 10 and push everyone else down one.

All is forgiven...I thought maybe oldtownag had hacked your post. They are starting their tricks @ Carthage already...they have to meet the Bucks in our home this year. It will be SRO for the game.

buckeyebob
08-09-2011, 06:03 AM
New year same disrespect for the Navasota Rattlers. Each year, the Rattlers reload.

Besides Carthage and maybe a few others, who, other than Navasota, has made it to the Regional final four consecutive years??

2007- Lost to eventual champion Liberty Hill. That 2007 Panther team was one of the best 3A teams that I have seen in a very long time.

2008- Lost to Waco La Vega in overtime. We had 3 turnovers inside the Pirates' 20. La Vega goes on to blow by Cuero and loses in the championship game
2009- Gilmer 42- Navasota 35. Gilmer was good but Navasota gave them all they wanted. The Buckeyes go on to win the Division I championship.

2010- Lost to Chapel Hill- It was ugly from the start. We had no solution for the Bulldogs. BTW, Chapel Hill lost in the championship.

What will 2011 bring? Who knows. Then again, that holds true for the rest of the state. But, I will say it again, no respect for the Rattlers once again.

You will have to get by 17-3A...I will predict that at least one SC will come from 17-3A again this year...maybe both...health will be the deciding factor.

trojandad
08-09-2011, 07:11 AM
You will have to get by 17-3A...I will predict that at least one SC will come from 17-3A again this year...maybe both...health will be the deciding factor.

it IS incredible the teams they have there....i bet those other teams in that district get discouraged even before the pads go on in august.....

i do the same, tho......overlooking navasota, that is.....turns out they beat a huffman team last year a lot more handily (??) than we did, a huffman team that had 6 guys get scholarships for this year.....many more than we did......the rattlers were probably a better team than us last year, we just got the recognition by handling athens running game better than chapel hill did....

HEMOTOXIC
08-09-2011, 08:47 AM

No argument there.:iagree:

HEMOTOXIC
08-09-2011, 08:50 AM
it IS incredible the teams they have there....i bet those other teams in that district get discouraged even before the pads go on in august.....

i do the same, tho......overlooking navasota, that is.....turns out they beat a huffman team last year a lot more handily (??) than we did, a huffman team that had 6 guys get scholarships for this year.....many more than we did......the rattlers were probably a better team than us last year, we just got the recognition by handling athens running game better than chapel hill did....

We beat them 43-26; however, it was a much closer game than the score would indicate. I think you guys beat them 29-20.

trojandad
08-09-2011, 09:00 AM
We beat them 43-26; however, it was a much closer game than the score would indicate. I think you guys beat them 29-20.

yea, but you and i saw our game, if they had not gotten out of their game plan, they had a good shot to beat us.....i didnt see their game against you but i knew you were nervous that night....

i dont ever mean to overlook the rattlers, i just have it in my head that you guys are just gonna run into one buzzsaw somewhere in the playoffs that makes you guys look so much worse than you probably are.....kinda like the list you put up.....

or look a couple of years ago in that jasper game we talked about, you guys came within a hair of losing to a team that that year (sorry jdog) probably wouldnt have showed well the next round, yet the snakes almost blew it with them....that just seems to be the kind of games that shows up in your playoff runs....i guess im making lousy excuses for not ranking you guys better, huh?

HEMOTOXIC
08-09-2011, 10:08 AM
yea, but you and i saw our game, if they had not gotten out of their game plan, they had a good shot to beat us.....i didnt see their game against you but i knew you were nervous that night....

i dont ever mean to overlook the rattlers, i just have it in my head that you guys are just gonna run into one buzzsaw somewhere in the playoffs that makes you guys look so much worse than you probably are.....kinda like the list you put up.....

or look a couple of years ago in that jasper game we talked about, you guys came within a hair of losing to a team that that year (sorry jdog) probably wouldnt have showed well the next round, yet the snakes almost blew it with them....that just seems to be the kind of games that shows up in your playoff runs....i guess im making lousy excuses for not ranking you guys better, huh?

No, rankings don't matter. Just seems to me that the Rattlers have proven that they have been and will be a force to contend with after four straight Region III finals appearances.

trojandad
08-09-2011, 10:11 AM
No, rankings don't matter. Just seems to me that the Rattlers have proven that they have been and will be a force to contend with after four straight Region III finals appearances.

have you seen your guys practice yet? how do you think they look??

HEMOTOXIC
08-09-2011, 10:25 AM
have you seen your guys practice yet? how do you think they look??

No, not yet. I will be at the scrimmage against Sealy on Saturday.

Saggy Aggie
08-09-2011, 11:25 AM
im probably wrong selling wc so short, i felt like they squeaked by a couple of playoff games they shouldnt have won, and they were dismantled by a chapel hill team that sqeaked by athens, who we beat handily....i have a friend on their coaching staff that i asked last year about how real he felt they were and he was happy with the success but privately didnt know how a couple of wins happened.....

we have that same thing, i dont think we would have beaten kirbyville the second time if alvarez hadnt turned the game into a "who has the best running game" challenge and wimberley couldnt have played a worse game if they tried, but the simple facts are we went two games further in the playoffs than wc (dI vs dII), had the far better end on common opponents and on a whole handled playoff teams better than wc....

i saw several games of coldspring last year that i wasnt impressed (lol) but the stat that matters is the score.....they turned the numbers they did with defense and offense (no kicking game at all) and once those are addressed many of the closer games will be helped, as our offense has included a grand total of one field goal and 10 extra points....we won all those games going for two almost every td, a 50% or less scenario....

and we dont have to worry about you putting us in a top 5, we cant even break top 15 with you, and behind some teams that barely got out of bi-dist and are going thru coaching changes......like i said, the teams you have in front of us made me look to see if we were playing our jv...lol....we have one or two bench players coming back too, and ours went further than the wc stars did.....:)You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but I'm curious about the 'Squeaked by a couple playoff games they shouldn't have won?'

The only close playoff game we had before CH was Sinton, which WC won 28-21. If you recall, Sinton was undefeated and a top 10 ranked team AND the game was played IN SINTON. WC jumped out to a 21-0 lead and although Sinton made it interesting in the second half, WC had this game won in the 1st qt. The next 2 games weren't even close. We beat CC miller by like 40 and we were beating Somerset by like 25 in the 1st Qt.

Sure Wc got hammered by CH (41-14), BUT so did Carthage (and they beat the ever loving crap outta Coldspring- in case you forgot). Point is, the team that beat WC, beat the crap outta the team that beat Coldspring (since you like to compare common opponents, ie Athens).

And I'm not sure about common opponents thing. WC had 2 losses last year (the very first game of the season to a 4A school, and in the semi's to Chapel Hill. I'm not saying WC is a top 10 team right now, because they have to replace their all everything QB, BUT the defense is gonna be nasty and Floyd Bess is gonna run all through 3A.

Sure, you are entitled to your opinion of the 2 teams, but I am the one who saw both teams play last year. I think both were very good, and both will be very good again. I think they're 2 very evenly matched teams (hence why i have coldspring directly behind WC in my poll).

Just thought I'd clarify a bit. No disrespect intended towards you or Coldspring.

Saggy Aggie
08-09-2011, 11:27 AM

What will 2011 bring? Who knows. Then again, that holds true for the rest of the state. But, I will say it again, no respect for the Rattlers once again.Just an oversight on my part, Hemo, but I feel like they should be ranked and they were every bit as good or better than WC last year, just had the unfortunate luck of drawing CH a round earlier. Neither of us really had a chance against Chill lol

trojandad
08-09-2011, 11:52 AM
You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but I'm curious about the 'Squeaked by a couple playoff games they shouldn't have won?'

The only close playoff game we had before CH was Sinton, which WC won 28-21. If you recall, Sinton was undefeated and a top 10 ranked team AND the game was played IN SINTON. WC jumped out to a 21-0 lead and although Sinton made it interesting in the second half, WC had this game won in the 1st qt. The next 2 games weren't even close. We beat CC miller by like 40 and we were beating Somerset by like 25 in the 1st Qt.

Sure Wc got hammered by CH (41-14), BUT so did Carthage (and they beat the ever loving crap outta Coldspring- in case you forgot). Point is, the team that beat WC, beat the crap outta the team that beat Coldspring (since you like to compare common opponents, ie Athens).

And I'm not sure about common opponents thing. WC had 2 losses last year (the very first game of the season to a 4A school, and in the semi's to Chapel Hill. I'm not saying WC is a top 10 team right now, because they have to replace their all everything QB, BUT the defense is gonna be nasty and Floyd Bess is gonna run all through 3A.

Sure, you are entitled to your opinion of the 2 teams, but I am the one who saw both teams play last year. I think both were very good, and both will be very good again. I think they're 2 very evenly matched teams (hence why i have coldspring directly behind WC in my poll).

Just thought I'd clarify a bit. No disrespect intended towards you or Coldspring.

the difference between you and i, sir, is i began my evaluation with the premise "im probably wrong by selling wc so short".....i have only heard from you how we arent deserving.....big difference in our beginning premises....

secondly, i wouldnt ever describe your loss as "getting the crap beat out of you"....likewise, its your memory that is short, because for the lack of two hands slapping at balls and two feet getting tangled on the first play, we go into the half up two tds rather than down 1....

and yes, you need to reevaluated your definition of "no disrespect" with your descriptive process.....your only fooling you.....

Dieselsmoke
09-07-2011, 11:32 AM
0-2 PG on the list but no Paris or Atlanta???