PDA

View Full Version : Fat kids

Emerson1
07-22-2011, 02:06 PM
Good article on why kids are fat

http://m.yahoo.com/w/ygo-frontpage/lp/story/us/345849/coke.bp%3B_ylt=AiDMld2Do0Sa5GZSHruxS4ux.tw4%3B_ylu =X3oDMTF0M21vY3BzBGNwb3MDMjcEY3NlYwNtb2JpbGUtdGQEa W50bAN1cwRwa2cDaWQtMzQ1ODQ5BHBvcwMyNwRzbGsDaW1hZ2U-?ref_w=frontdoors&view=today&.intl=US&.lang=en&.tsrc=yahoo

About halfway it points out that a South Florida district banned RUNNING on the play. I remember in 6th grade we still had a 3 story wooden castle thing. It was a vertical climb to get up. Of course has been demoished.

Txbroadcaster
07-22-2011, 02:10 PM
I have said all along..when adults complain about kids being inside all day, lazy, on computer and playing video games...they are that way because the parent created that enviroment..kids are not born lazy but whne they are restricted from playing outside they are going to turn to things to do inside

Roughneck93
07-22-2011, 02:14 PM
Banning running on on the playground? And dodge ball as well? That's just crazy.

Ranger Mom
07-22-2011, 02:28 PM
I bought a big swing set for my grandkids and everyone is always freaking out because my 4 y/o granddaughter crawls all over it, from one end to the other, and never touches the ground. Heck, if they don't take chances how are they going to learn anything??

Roughneck93
07-22-2011, 02:38 PM
I bought a big swing set for my grandkids and everyone is always freaking out because my 4 y/o granddaughter crawls all over it, from one end to the other, and never touches the ground. Heck, if they don't take chances how are they going to learn anything??Exactly. My 3 y/o niece busted her butt falling off the monkey bars in my back yard. She cried, I think even her momma wanted to cry. But she dusted herself off and was back on those bars in no time.

Old LB
07-22-2011, 02:43 PM
Fat kids??? How about fat people period. How can you expect to raise healthy kids if you do not make your health a priority. Children should not have to get all their values and life experience from school, schools are not there to raise children only to provide education. While there are a lot of great schools and teachers out there and one can learn a lot of life skills while there it is still the responsibility of the parent to raise children.

Get off your butt and do something constructive, that's what daddy always said. :)

eagles_victory
07-22-2011, 09:11 PM
Good article on why kids are fat

http://m.yahoo.com/w/ygo-frontpage/lp/story/us/345849/coke.bp%3B_ylt=AiDMld2Do0Sa5GZSHruxS4ux.tw4%3B_ylu =X3oDMTF0M21vY3BzBGNwb3MDMjcEY3NlYwNtb2JpbGUtdGQEa W50bAN1cwRwa2cDaWQtMzQ1ODQ5BHBvcwMyNwRzbGsDaW1hZ2U-?ref_w=frontdoors&view=today&.intl=US&.lang=en&.tsrc=yahoo

About halfway it points out that a South Florida district banned RUNNING on the play. I remember in 6th grade we still had a 3 story wooden castle thing. It was a vertical climb to get up. Of course has been demoished. Now we need an article on why Jason is fat lol

Looking4number8
07-23-2011, 12:10 PM
I bought a big swing set for my grandkids and everyone is always freaking out because my 4 y/o granddaughter crawls all over it, from one end to the other, and never touches the ground. Heck, if they don't take chances how are they going to learn anything??

I bought my Granddaughter a rainbow play system. It's huge but Daisy is 2 and climbs all over it... loves being outside and on the swings and in the sandbox. She slipped thru the climbing bars the other day and it amazed me that the knew to hang on with her hands. Like you said, they have to take chances to learn. Kids need to be outside, shoot if they dont high school football will suck in about 15 years!