PDA

View Full Version : People shouldn't schedule weddings during football season

bwdlionfan
07-22-2011, 10:00 AM
My wife just RSVPed for both of us to attend her friend's wedding on Saturday 1:00 PM, August 27th out east of Dallas. Brownwood plays Gatesville the night before in Brownwood so I hadn't planned on being anywhere near east of Dallas by 1:00 PM the next day. Heck I've only met this friend once (at our wedding a year ago).

Matthew328
07-22-2011, 10:08 AM
My wife just RSVPed for both of us to attend her friend's wedding on Saturday 1:00 PM, August 27th out east of Dallas. Brownwood plays Gatesville the night before in Brownwood so I hadn't planned on being anywhere near east of Dallas by 1:00 PM the next day. Heck I've only met this friend once (at our wedding a year ago).

I agree 100%

eagles_victory
07-22-2011, 10:09 AM
I've got a friend getting married December 17th

jason
07-22-2011, 10:12 AM
ours was last year the day texas played nebraska...

i am in one on texas/ou weekend this october...

bwdlionfan
07-22-2011, 10:14 AM
There aren't any college games that Saturday are there? I'm thinking college gets going a week or two later don't they?

Roughneck93
07-22-2011, 10:21 AM
There aren't any college games that Saturday are there? I'm thinking college gets going a week or two later don't they?Yeah I believe the college football season start Sept.1st so you're safe there.

Emerson1
07-22-2011, 10:29 AM
I've got a friend getting married December 17th
I would have skipped jasons wedding if he had it then. Get out of it. You and coach can get a hotel room and come pre-game with me and Jason.

jason
07-22-2011, 10:38 AM
I would have skipped jasons wedding if he had it then. Get out of it. You and coach can get a hotel room and come pre-game with me and Jason.
there were a few dates that i vetoed...main ones being masters weekend and state championship weekend...

Gsquared
07-22-2011, 10:57 AM
Love shouldnt have to wait for any season. Love is gentle, love is kind, love shouldnt have to wait untill basketball season starts. Love is all we have. I love love and I love it more than I love football. Love is great. Weddings are the Superbowl of love. Weddings bind two loves together. See how these baby Lygers love the momma dog? This is love and it shouldnt take a backseat to football.
http://theworldweshare.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/dog-nurses-2-liger-cubs.jpg

Pendragon13
07-22-2011, 11:01 AM
The state of Texas should refuse to issue marriage licenses during or near football season..

poisoned10
07-22-2011, 11:25 AM
My father-in-law is going to skip his niece's wedding because it's on a Friday during football season.

They also skipped one in 2004 that was the same day Gilmer and Snyder played at Cowboy's Stadium.

44INAROW
07-22-2011, 11:49 AM
Thanks MRS G :)

We'll be in Dripping Springs for a wedding on Dec 17th......

Back in 1993 - Cuero played Southlake Carroll in Waco for the SC - we had an asst coach who's wedding was supposed to be that day - it was changed to the next day - :) and to take this a step further - my dearly departed daddy passed away unexpectedly in Nov 1993 - - The memorial service was at 9:00AM - we had a 2 PM playoff game in San Marcos the same day for heaven's sake - Majority of the coaches and players were there @ the church - in full Gobbler Travel Gear.. I know daddy was smiling about that.. (my oldest was a senior) and yes, we went to the game (and we won :) )

eagles_victory
07-22-2011, 11:58 AM
I would have skipped jasons wedding if he had it then. Get out of it. You and coach can get a hotel room and come pre-game with me and Jason. Im not going lol

Ranger Mom
07-22-2011, 01:34 PM
Im not going lol

I had to miss Celina and Liberty Hill's semi final game a couple of years ago because my son and his wife got married that day!! Kinda hard to make them change the date since my husband and I are the only one's in the family who like football...where did we go wrong??:eek:

Old LB
07-22-2011, 01:46 PM
I had to miss Celina and Liberty Hill's semi final game a couple of years ago because my son and his wife got married that day!! Kinda hard to make them change the date since my husband and I are the only one's in the family who like football...where did we go wrong??:eek:

You did not HAVE to miss it, you CHOOSE to miss it. :thinking:

eagles31
07-22-2011, 04:28 PM
agree

eagles_victory
07-22-2011, 04:42 PM
I had to miss Celina and Liberty Hill's semi final game a couple of years ago because my son and his wife got married that day!! Kinda hard to make them change the date since my husband and I are the only one's in the family who like football...where did we go wrong??:eek: Is it too late for adoption?

I_DONT_CARE
07-22-2011, 09:00 PM
love shouldnt have to wait for any season. Love is gentle, love is kind, love shouldnt have to wait untill basketball season starts. Love is all we have. I love love and i love it more than i love football. Love is great. Weddings are the superbowl of love. Weddings bind two loves together. See how these baby lygers love the momma dog? This is love and it shouldnt take a backseat to football.
http://theworldweshare.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/dog-nurses-2-liger-cubs.jpg
you are whupped.

Looking4number8
07-22-2011, 10:55 PM
My oldest daughter got married on opening weekend in 08. She got married on the Saturday we played Burnet in the Alamo Dome. My youngest daughter did not attend the wedding, she cheered at the game instead since it was her senior year. (I raised that one right.. lol)

LionKing
07-23-2011, 01:44 PM
My oldest daughter got married on opening weekend in 08. She got married on the Saturday we played Burnet in the Alamo Dome. My youngest daughter did not attend the wedding, she cheered at the game instead since it was her senior year. (I raised that one right.. lol)Oh yea, I remember that eventful night, you missed the game, I didn't, but then had to drive 600 miles from San Antonio to northeastern oklahoma for my father-in-laws surprise birthday party. I've told my kids and everyone else no weddings or birthday parties on any football weekend from now on.

bigwood33
07-25-2011, 05:32 PM
ours was last year the day texas played nebraska...

i am in one on texas/ou weekend this october...
Poor planning on "your" part does not a "must attend" make on my part :stirpot:

I won't put anyone through the whole boring story but I have twins from my first marriage and one of them is getting married Sept 3rd. My youngest daughter (2nd marriage) made cheerleader at Howard Payne this year and her 1st game is that day...she will be going to the game. It is not sitting well with her sister but. in my opinion, the correct call.

garciap77
07-25-2011, 05:45 PM

:iagree:

garciap77
07-25-2011, 05:47 PM
Love shouldnt have to wait for any season. Love is gentle, love is kind, love shouldnt have to wait untill basketball season starts. Love is all we have. I love love and I love it more than I love football. Love is great. Weddings are the Superbowl of love. Weddings bind two loves together. See how these baby Lygers love the momma dog? This is love and it shouldnt take a backseat to football.

you are whupped.

:eek::eek::eek: