PDA

View Full Version : So..with NFL CLOSE to coming back

Txbroadcaster
07-21-2011, 12:11 PM
Predictions on Dallas and Houston?

I am saying Dallas 10-6..Houston 9-7

CelinaCatFan
07-21-2011, 12:25 PM
I think Dallas goes 8-8 this year. Too many new members on the coaching staff and no Camp Cupcake to get ready! :1popcorn:

Roughneck93
07-21-2011, 12:34 PM
I see Dallas at 10-6. Houston...8-8.

bobcat1
07-21-2011, 01:06 PM
I'm going out on a limb. Dallas 12-4. I don't really care about the Houston team but for the sake of argument 7-9

coach
07-21-2011, 01:38 PM
Dallas will be an offensive juggarnaut. There schedule is pretty favorable compared to last year. Im going to say 11-5 and they will make it to the NFC Championship game.

Houston will either go 7-9 or 8-8.

Arian Foster will have a down year much like Chris Johnson did this past year.

Farmersfan
07-21-2011, 02:38 PM
This season plays perfectly into the Cowboys hands. They have a very easy schedule and everyone knows last years flop of a season was a complete mental breakdown with the coaching changes, Romo getting hurt and all the preseason hype. But the preseason hype was there for a reason even if the players didn't get it done on the field. They will this season. This is still a 11-5 team (or better) talent wise and with the cushey schedule I will predict a 12-4 season and a NFC East Championship.

Trashman
07-21-2011, 02:41 PM
This season plays perfectly into the Cowboys hands. They have a very easy schedule and everyone knows last years flop of a season was a complete mental breakdown with the coaching changes, Romo getting hurt and all the preseason hype. But the preseason hype was there for a reason even if the players didn't get it done on the field. They will this season. This is still a 11-5 team (or better) talent wise and with the cushey schedule I will predict a 12-4 season and a NFC East Championship.

Okay.....who killed Farmer and assumed his identity?

Farmersfan
07-21-2011, 03:09 PM
Okay.....who killed Farmer and assumed his identity?

This is nothing different than I always say trashman. I'm the one that expect the boys to perform. Some of the others on here give them a pass for playing way below their talent level....................

Txbroadcaster
07-25-2011, 07:37 AM
big Q for Dallas is can they resign Free..if not huge hole in an already weak OL

Roughneck93
07-25-2011, 07:51 AM
big Q for Dallas is can they resign Free..if not huge hole in an already weak OLThis has to be their top priority in my opinion. They better work something out. How about Sensabaugh? I think this would be their next priority. I'm hearing $120 million cap though. Isn't Dallas over that? If so, they better restructure some deals.

Txbroadcaster
07-25-2011, 07:57 AM
This has to be their top priority in my opinion. They better work something out. How about Sensabaugh? I think this would be their next priority. I'm hearing $120 million cap though. Isn't Dallas over that? If so, they better restructure some deals.

they can restructure and cut and could be as much as 10 mil under..I am hoping they dont resign Gerald unless for a really cheap one year deal..he is just a guy IMO

Roughneck93
07-25-2011, 08:11 AM
they can restructure and cut and could be as much as 10 mil under..I am hoping they dont resign Gerald unless for a really cheap one year deal..he is just a guy IMOTrue. But Alan Ball isn't the answer either. Free agent wise, maybe Eric Weddle, Quintin Mikell, Danieal Manning? The last two are strong safties though. I know Huff is out there, as well as that Goldson kid from SF. In the end though, I think Sensabaugh gets resigned.

Txbroadcaster
07-25-2011, 08:14 AM
True. But Alan Ball isn't the answer either. Free agent wise, maybe Eric Weddle, Quintin Mikell, Danieal Manning? The last two are strong safties though. I know Huff is out there, as well as that Goldson kid from SF. In the end though, I think Sensabaugh gets resigned.

I dont know..Gerald recently said he thinks he is a 5 mil a year player...I would rather Ball get a chance than Gerald.

Roughneck93
07-25-2011, 08:28 AM
I dont know..Gerald recently said he thinks he is a 5 mil a year player...I would rather Ball get a chance than Gerald.It's going to be interesting. Gerald may not be a 5 mil a year safety. Everything's going to be so rapid fire regarding signing and resigning players this year. I hope Dallas doesn't let one fall thru the cracks.

Farmersfan
07-25-2011, 10:00 AM
big Q for Dallas is can they resign Free..if not huge hole in an already weak OL

In my opinion Dallas has already addressed their biggest weakness! They fired Wade. The OL is not perfect but it's as good as most. Finished the season in 09' ranked #2 and finished last season ranked #7 in the entire league with Moses taking the snaps. Projected by most to be a top 10 OL this season. Top priority for this team in my opinion is DL and Safety. Then signing Free and getting some depth on the OL. How do you project the RB position playing out this season? Will Murray be a big contributor?

http://football.about.com/od/fantasyfootball/a/Offensive_Line.htm

Notice the Superbowl champs are ranked #15 at O-line.

Roughneck93
07-25-2011, 10:17 AM
In my opinion Dallas has already addressed their biggest weakness! They fired Wade. The OL is not perfect but it's as good as most. Finished the season in 09' ranked #2 and finished last season ranked #7 in the entire league with Moses taking the snaps. Projected by most to be a top 10 OL this season. Top priority for this team in my opinion is DL and Safety. Then signing Free and getting some depth on the OL. How do you project the RB position playing out this season? Will Murray be a big contributor?http://football.about.com/od/fantasyfootball/a/Offensive_Line.htmNotice the Superbowl champs are ranked #15 at O-line.I see Murray being used in the return game. I think Dez is done doing that. My question is Marion. Do they keep him, trade him, release him? What kind of a cap hit would that be, if any, should they release him?

Txbroadcaster
07-25-2011, 10:18 AM
In my opinion Dallas has already addressed their biggest weakness! They fired Wade. The OL is not perfect but it's as good as most. Finished the season in 09' ranked #2 and finished last season ranked #7 in the entire league with Moses taking the snaps. Projected by most to be a top 10 OL this season. Top priority for this team in my opinion is DL and Safety. Then signing Free and getting some depth on the OL. How do you project the RB position playing out this season? Will Murray be a big contributor?

http://football.about.com/od/fantasyfootball/a/Offensive_Line.htm

Notice the Superbowl champs are ranked #15 at O-line.

yes I think Murrary will get some carries( the whole lock out will hurt him)..I dont care about fantasy football ratings..the Dallas OL is a weakness

yes GB O line appears to be bad, but alot of that is because they did not have alot of quality at RB( leading rusher had 703 yards) those stats u linked are runnning and passing..Felix Jones had almost 100 more yards and yet Dallas was concerned enough about the running game to draft another RB

and for the record..I am not saying the Dallas OL is worst in league or anything..I just think when you look at the positions on the O, the line is the weakest and will decide how good this offense will be.

Farmersfan
07-25-2011, 11:00 AM
yes I think Murrary will get some carries( the whole lock out will hurt him)..I dont care about fantasy football ratings..the Dallas OL is a weakness

yes GB O line appears to be bad, but alot of that is because they did not have alot of quality at RB( leading rusher had 703 yards) those stats u linked are runnning and passing..Felix Jones had almost 100 more yards and yet Dallas was concerned enough about the running game to draft another RB

and for the record..I am not saying the Dallas OL is worst in league or anything..I just think when you look at the positions on the O, the line is the weakest and will decide how good this offense will be.

The differences between the offenses of the Dallas Cowboys and the Superbowl champ Green Bay Packers was miniscule. They averaged 11 fewer rushing yards per game but threw for 5 more passing yards per game. And Dallas scored more points per game and played a much, much tougher schedule. The Dallas OL was (and still is) rated higher than the Packers OL. The difference is that in Green Bay the players are expected to get it done but in Dallas we make excuses for the lack of performance. Everyone has seemed to latch on to the OL as the reason the team can't perform. But I've shown enough times that the OL is still top 10 in the league. I guess Dallas will need to get a #1 OL in place before people start realizing the problems lie elsewhere. Carry on!

Txbroadcaster
07-25-2011, 11:12 AM
The differences between the offenses of the Dallas Cowboys and the Superbowl champ Green Bay Packers was miniscule. They averaged 11 fewer rushing yards per game but threw for 5 more passing yards per game. And Dallas scored more points per game and played a much, much tougher schedule. The Dallas OL was (and still is) rated higher than the Packers OL. The difference is that in Green Bay the players are expected to get it done but in Dallas we make excuses for the lack of performance. Everyone has seemed to latch on to the OL as the reason the team can't perform. But I've shown enough times that the OL is still top 10 in the league. I guess Dallas will need to get a #1 OL in place before people start realizing the problems lie elsewhere. Carry on!

What excuse was made for the Dallas OL? They dd not play great last year..they gave up more hits to the QB than GB..the rushing game averaged 4.2( 15th in league so average)...on the left side they gave up the 6 most negative rushing yard..on the right side gave up the 5th most negative rush yards...center they were average giving up the 14th most negative rush yards( and that was as we all know basically the lead draw)

They were 23rd in rushing TDs..16th in first downs rushing to left..18th to the right

so again I ask,..what is top 10 about the Dallas OL? are they the worst? no..but they are not a great or even good OL..they are an average to below average that is paid like a top 5 OL

Farmersfan
07-25-2011, 02:33 PM
GB O line appears to be bad, but alot of that is because they did not have alot of quality at RB( leading rusher had 703 yards)

I really can't argue with that kind of thinking TXB. Dallas and Creen Bay had basically the exact same offensive numbers (In all categories) but according to you Dallas has a terrible OL and Green Bay doesn't? Maybe you need to understand that if Dallas was bad in one area they had to be really good in another to get the average evened out. That's how averages work. You said they were 23rd in rushing TDs (really it was 21st with 10) but they were also #6 in passing TDs. And if the Dallas OL is not good with 10 rushing TDs then why isn't the Green Bay OL also bad with only 11 rushing TDs? Now you will claim GB had bad RBs and Dallas didn't. Well the Dallas RBs totaled just 11 more yards a game than those terrible backs for GB did. Basically there is not a single stat where the Green Bay offense outshines the Dallas offense and yet you claim the Green Bay offensesive Line is better. BTW: The GB OL gave up 38 sacks last season with the Superbowl MVP taking snaps and the Cowboys gave up 31 with a senior citizen in a wheel chair taking the snaps.

GB Dal

Rushing attempts: 421 428
Rushing Yards: 1606 1786
YPA: 3.8 4.2
Touchdowns: 11 10
Turnovers: 4 5
Sacks allowed: 38 31

Farmersfan
07-25-2011, 02:42 PM
GB O line appears to be bad, but alot of that is because they did not have alot of quality at RB( leading rusher had 703 yards)

I really can't argue with that kind of thinking TXB. Dallas and Creen Bay had basically the exact same offensive numbers (In all categories) but according to you Dallas has a terrible OL and Green Bay doesn't? Maybe you need to understand that if Dallas was bad in one area they had to be really good in another to get the average evened out. That's how averages work. You said they were 23rd in rushing TDs (really it was 21st with 10) but they were also #6 in passing TDs. And if the Dallas OL is not good with 10 rushing TDs then why isn't the Green Bay OL also bad with only 11 rushing TDs? Now you will claim GB had bad RBs and Dallas didn't. Well the Dallas RBs totaled just 11 more yards a game than those terrible backs for GB did. Basically there is not a single stat where the Green Bay offense outshines the Dallas offense and yet you claim the Green Bay offensesive Line is better. BTW: The GB OL gave up 38 sacks last season with the Superbowl MVP taking snaps and the Cowboys gave up 31 with a senior citizen in a wheel chair taking the snaps.

GB Dal

Farmersfan
07-25-2011, 02:53 PM
[QUOTE=Txbroadcaster;1594956]What excuse was made for the Dallas OL? They dd not play great last year..they gave up more hits to the QB than GB..the rushing game averaged 4.2( 15th in league so average)...on the left side they gave up the 6 most negative rushing yard..on the right side gave up the 5th most negative rush yards...center they were average giving up the 14th most negative rush yards( and that was as we all know basically the lead draw)

They were 23rd in rushing TDs..16th in first downs rushing to left..18th to the right

And your numbers were not correct TXB. Dallas gave up 10 negative plays rushing on the left, 10 up the middle and 10 to the right. That was a #5 ranking left, #19 up the middle and #7 to the right in negative plays. They had a miserable power ranking rushing because they did very poorly of rushing for 1st downs. But again, they did very well passing for 1st downs in order to get the average up. Ranked #8 in the league in passing 1st downs.

Txbroadcaster
07-25-2011, 04:47 PM

GB Dal

No I did not mean for you to think that GBs O-line was better sorry for the confusion.Both GB and Dallas's biggest weakness was their O-line..only positive for GB is if I am not mistaken they are younger.

My point is..going into this season IMO OL is the weakness of the Dallas O, especially if they dont resign Free

MGAR
07-26-2011, 11:32 AM
Cowboys plan on releasing Leonard Davis and Marc Colombo.....

Roughneck93
07-26-2011, 11:42 AM
Cowboys plan on releasing Leonard Davis and Marc Colombo.....An attempt to make room for Nnamdi?

MGAR
07-26-2011, 11:45 AM
An attempt to make room for Nnamdi?

Who knows what their thought process is...

Roughneck93
07-26-2011, 11:50 AM
Who knows what their thought process is...Yeah, sounds more like they were cap casualties.

MGAR
07-26-2011, 12:05 PM
Yeah, sounds more like they were cap casualties.

Seems that way.. Nnamdi is pretty much the only "great" player out there.. He would for sure help out either Texas team. Im hoping he goes to Texans though.

Roughneck93
07-26-2011, 12:15 PM
Seems that way.. Nnamdi is pretty much the only "great" player out there.. He would for sure help out either Texas team. Im hoping he goes to Texans though.I think Dallas is out of Nnamdi sweepstakes. Doug Free and safety is where they need to concentrate. I'm thinking they let Sensabaugh leave, sign a FA safety. Or just give the safety position to Barry Church?

MGAR
07-26-2011, 12:26 PM
I think Dallas is out of Nnamdi sweepstakes. Doug Free and safety is where they need to concentrate. I'm thinking they let Sensabaugh leave, sign a FA safety. Or just give the safety position to Barry Church?

lol They also kicked their kicker to the curb... and maybe Marion Barber..

This is a fun soap to watch.

Roughneck93
07-26-2011, 01:04 PM
lol They also kicked their kicker to the curb... and maybe Marion Barber..

This is a fun soap to watch.

Yeah Barber's days in Dallas are done. Free up cap space in the process.
Kicking wise, I bet they are hoping rookie Dan Bailey wins that position. He had a good career at OK State.

MGAR
07-26-2011, 01:11 PM
Roy Williams could be gone...

yoefan23
07-26-2011, 01:15 PM
Roy Williams is gone...

RoyceTTU
07-26-2011, 01:18 PM
Roy Williams could be gone...

maybe they will drop Roy and hopefully Lyle Leong from Abilene/TTU can step up. He is going to need help to make the team

RoyceTTU
07-26-2011, 01:21 PM
Roy Williams is gone...

Lose your job and girlfiend all in the same month. :eek:

Roughneck93
07-26-2011, 01:30 PM
With all these cuts, they will be able to go get anyone they want.

RoyceTTU
07-26-2011, 01:31 PM
With all these cuts, they will be able to go get anyone they want.

I would bet these are formalities for something that was already in the works. IMO

Roughneck93
07-26-2011, 01:33 PM
I would bet these are formalities for something that was already in the works. IMO

The way they are moving, it sure does seem like it.

RoyceTTU
07-26-2011, 01:37 PM
Twitter is funny right now.......

"Did they cut RW through mail"
"who will carry his pads out the door"
"Cowboys won't have to worry about mailing him a ring"
"cowboys cutting players faster than the old players cut coke"
"Cowboys just cut me as a fan"

RoyceTTU
07-26-2011, 01:39 PM
Twitter is funny right now.......

"Did they cut RW through mail"
"who will carry his pads out the door"
"Cowboys won't have to worry about mailing him a ring"
"cowboys cutting players faster than the old players cut coke"
"Cowboys just cut me as a fan"

"i was told he dropped his pink slip" :clap:

RoyceTTU
07-26-2011, 01:53 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4680660/potential-cuts-for-cowboys

Sounds like maybe they had to do this just to get under the salary cap?

Roughneck93
07-26-2011, 01:56 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4680660/potential-cuts-for-cowboys

Sounds like maybe they had to do this just to get under the salary cap?

Believe they were the second highest over the cap behind the Raiders.