PDA

View Full Version : Atlantis final landing

orange machine
07-21-2011, 05:14 AM
That was an Awsome site, beautiful and very sad the two sonic booms were really cool. I hope our next president will bring back the NASA program it's ashame that this president has shut it down. I've never cared about the NASA program but now that it's over I have alot of pride and thankful for the astronauts and that I'm an American.

bigwood33
07-21-2011, 06:48 AM
I remember as a kid watching Walter Cronkite on the Evening News talking about whichever Apollo flight was either launching or returning and it was always very exciting to me. Seeing the rocket take off or seeing the astronauts getting picked up by the Navy was a family "must watch". Some of the things that the space program has given us items are: Tang (although not invented by NASA was made popular because it was used in space), Velcro, Memory Foam, the ear thermometer, and cordless power tools. What we may not be privy to are scientific breakthroughs that are a direct result of the space program.

jason
07-21-2011, 08:09 AM
a money-pit of a program finally ending....

Farmersfan
07-21-2011, 08:40 AM
I hate to see the program end also. But in reality how can it be justified to continue to dump billions into the program when our country is trillions in debt?

Cam
07-21-2011, 02:30 PM
I wonder if any astronauts ever got their astronuts fondled up in space and if they ever "did it" with an astro-woman.......now that, would be something to brag about!.....wonder how hard it is to "do it" in zero gravity???.... :eek:

Emerson1
07-21-2011, 03:09 PM
I don't get why they needed to keep going up in space after they found the Autobot's Ark.

BaseballUmp
07-21-2011, 04:39 PM
I don't get why they needed to keep going up in space after they found the Autobot's Ark.

This hahaha

LH Panther Mom
07-21-2011, 07:13 PM
My dear husband decided at the last minute, literally, that he must go to Cape Canaveral to watch the launch. He tried many years ago to watch it land at White Sands, but there was some problem. Then in the 90's, maybe 96 or 97, he flew with the 2 older boys to Florida to try to watch the launch. That time it was too windy, so he missed it again.

30-years later, he finally got to cross this off his bucket list. :) (Now he owes me!!!!! :devil: )

turbostud
07-21-2011, 08:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_aHEit-SqA

I was lucky enough to see numerous shuttle launches when I lived in cape canaveral. Even saw a Delta II rocket explode over port canaveral and rain debris and rocket juice all over cape canaveral. was quite the fireworks show. Here is video.