PDA

View Full Version : The Old Coach Magazine

hookandladder
07-19-2011, 10:12 AM
The Old Coach did not show much love for La Grange and Giddings this year, they have Navasota, Rockdale and Caldwell to win playoff spots. Bet they might change their perdiction had they knew what Rockdale lost and do not really know what Caldwell brings back, know they lost some key players on offense. Nothing like being the underdog, should be a good District race.

Gsquared
07-19-2011, 11:01 AM
The Old Coach did not show much love for La Grange and Giddings this year, they have Navasota, Rockdale and Caldwell to win playoff spots. Bet they might change their perdiction had they knew what Rockdale lost and do not really know what Caldwell brings back, know they lost some key players on offense. Nothing like being the underdog, should be a good District race.
These are the kinds of atrocities that cannot be ingnored. Absolutly horrific turn of events. Prayers go out to LaGrange and Giddings.

Matthew328
07-19-2011, 11:18 AM
The shame!!!!

Old Tiger
07-19-2011, 11:20 AM
Doooomed!

poisoned10
07-19-2011, 11:38 AM
These are the kinds of atrocities that cannot be ingnored. Absolutly horrific turn of events. Prayers go out to LaGrange and Giddings.
:fnypost:

LIONS#1
07-19-2011, 11:41 AM
Mortified....simply mortified!!

Gsquared
07-19-2011, 11:52 AM
I have set up a Giddings/LaGrange relief fund at my bank. Well, its my checking account because I didnt have the 10 bucks to open the new account but if anyone wants to donate then PM me and ill give you the info you need to deposit your donation into the "relief fund" Please, write off the car, not the kid. or giddings or LaGrange.

Roughneck93
07-19-2011, 11:55 AM
I have set up a Giddings/LaGrange relief fund at my bank. Well, its my checking account because I didnt have the 10 bucks to open the new account but if anyone wants to donate then PM me and ill give you the info you need to deposit your donation into the "relief fund" Please, write off the car, not the kid. or giddings or LaGrange.Lol! :clap:

Old Tiger
07-19-2011, 12:00 PM
I have set up a Giddings/LaGrange relief fund at my bank. Well, its my checking account because I didnt have the 10 bucks to open the new account but if anyone wants to donate then PM me and ill give you the info you need to deposit your donation into the "relief fund" Please, write off the car, not the kid. or giddings or LaGrange.Will it provide a pre-game catfish meal with Captain Ron as our server?

fanofthegame
07-19-2011, 12:17 PM
what i going on in lagrange and caldwell and giddings....friends grandson plays for lagrange and is excited for this year. caldwell people and giddings people are awfully quite right now.

BaseballUmp
07-19-2011, 12:18 PM
Caldwell and Giddings are both going through coaching changes

fanofthegame
07-19-2011, 12:33 PM
oh, okay, i see now.....any news from the towns people,

hookandladder
07-19-2011, 01:41 PM

Wow, just saying Texas Football has Caldwell picked 5th in our District and Old Coach has them 2nd or 3rd, also Rockdale lost 2 D-1 players RB and LB and picked for one of the playoff spot. You must be really loyal to the Old Coach , just saying big difference in the 2 magazines. Think the Old Coach Magazine is more in tune with the bigger schools, seen quite a few small and private school not have anything listed about their team. Don't be so sensitive, it will all workout in the end.

Gsquared
07-19-2011, 01:44 PM
Wow, just saying Texas Football has Caldwell picked 5th in our District and Old Coach has them 2nd or 3rd, also Rockdale lost 2 D-1 players RB and LB and picked for one of the playoff spot. You must be really loyal to the Old Coach , just saying big difference in the 2 magazines. Think the Old Coach Magazine is more in tune with the bigger schools, seen quite a few small and private school not have anything listed about their team. Don't be so sensitive, it will all workout in the end.
True, I do need to quit being so sensative and quit letting what others write about me or some football team bother me. I see the light now.

Matthew328
07-19-2011, 01:45 PM
Sounds to me like the district is pretty evenly matched across the board. I wouldn't call DCTF "in tune" with the smaller schools, that 20 word write up on the teams really doesn't tell you much. As for being loyal to TheOldCoach...I would resemble that remark.

Which small schools had nothing listed about their teams? There were some private schools who weren't listed/

MGAR
07-19-2011, 01:56 PM

More in tune with the bigger schools? lol Ok...

Open it up and look at East Texas 2A..

Better yet... Open up both... Look at Tatum.. Which mag gives you more info???

As far as the schools missing.. Sometimes, which was this case, coaches don't respond to emails by the staff or even return phone calls and there is nothing on the web about team..

hookandladder
07-19-2011, 01:59 PM
Sounds to me like the district is pretty evenly matched across the board. I wouldn't call DCTF "in tune" with the smaller schools, that 20 word write up on the teams really doesn't tell you much. As for being loyal to TheOldCoach...I would resemble that remark.

Which small schools had nothing listed about their teams? There were some private schools who weren't listed/

I know you are loyal to The OC Matt, heard your interview on the radio. Was talking about G , which is all good just saying. The OC magazine still had Brooks and David at Rockdale even though they are not , so just saying that will definitely hurt them as a team. They still have some good looking athlete's and Caldwell lost some key offensive players off last years team. Not trying to knock your magazine, it has some good stuff for only being out for 2 years. I am sure it will get better and better, with time.

Matthew328
07-19-2011, 02:06 PM
The Brooks thing went down a little too late for it to be edited out. The David thing was a mistake it should have been edited out.

Gsquared
07-19-2011, 02:13 PM
I know you are loyal to The OC Matt, heard your interview on the radio. Was talking about G , which is all good just saying. The OC magazine still had Brooks and David at Rockdale even though they are not , so just saying that will definitely hurt them as a team. They still have some good looking athlete's and Caldwell lost some key offensive players off last years team. Not trying to knock your magazine, it has some good stuff for only being out for 2 years. I am sure it will get better and better, with time.
Im not really loyal to Matt , it was a big mistake one night, he was wearin a wig that halloween and we both had way to much to drink, just a big mistake. In my drunken stooper I mistook him for a female but that doesnt mean he owns me, even though after that night he will always hold a special place in my heart. And in a round about way, my medicine cabinet.

hookandladder
07-19-2011, 02:17 PM
Im not really loyal to Matt , it was a big mistake one night, he was wearin a wig that halloween and we both had way to much to drink, just a big mistake. In my drunken stooper I mistook him for a female but that doesnt mean he owns me, even though after that night he will always hold a special place in my heart. And in a round about way, my medicine cabinet.

That may be a little more info. then anyone needed to hear, good luck with that.

Matthew328
07-19-2011, 02:34 PM

LOL good Lord that's creepy

Gsquared
07-19-2011, 02:37 PM
Tell me about it. You know how awkward I feel around Matt now? I can hardly look the dude in the eye.

bigwood33
07-19-2011, 02:42 PM
Which is to say "good lord, that's "G" and man is HE creepy":)

Gsquared
07-19-2011, 02:44 PM
Which is to say "good lord, that's "G" and man is HE creepy":)
:eek:

bigwood33
07-19-2011, 02:57 PM
:eek:
I didn't say that you weren't funny!

buckeyebob
07-20-2011, 08:10 AM
Don't know...still waiting on the mag to arrive at Buckeyeland WalMart...if they don't have them this AM, making a special trip to Longview for a copy.

poisoned10
07-20-2011, 08:21 AM
Still checking the Walmarts here in Kentucky too. No luck at all for me. :crying:

UPanIN
07-20-2011, 08:23 AM
They only picked three??? What ever happened to everyone getting a trophy?

hookandladder
07-20-2011, 10:40 AM
They only picked three??? What ever happened to everyone getting a trophy?

No one getting a trophy til after the season, just like baseball and other sports.

1st and goal
07-20-2011, 09:13 PM
I'm really anxious about this year's Giddings Team. I believe the paper stated that something like 15 or 16 starters are returning. I know we lost some good linemen but we still have some good ones with some big young'uns to fill in. The coach has stated that he will decide what type of offense we'll run after analyzing and taking inventory. He has history of running and passing offenses. This year, the games against Navasota and Caldwell will be here in Giddings. I believe Lagrange will be the dark horse this year. It'll be tough to get a win there but I believe we'll have the team to do it!
I'm waiting for BOCEPHUS to chime in.

zebrablue2
07-20-2011, 09:31 PM
I'm really anxious about this year's Giddings Team. I believe the paper stated that something like 15 or 16 starters are returning. I know we lost some good linemen but we still have some good ones with some big young'uns to fill in. The coach has stated that he will decide what type of offense we'll run after analyzing and taking inventory. He has history of running and passing offenses. This year, the games against Navasota and Caldwell will be here in Giddings. I believe Lagrange will be the dark horse this year. It'll be tough to get a win there but I believe we'll have the team to do it!
I'm waiting for BOCEPHUS to chime in.

Ole Bo prob. dwn thar catchin some yeller kats fore the seson start up u no! I really cannot speak his slang though!!! The Leps will make some noise this yr. Will be a fun district!!!

buckeyebob
07-21-2011, 05:26 AM
Got mine yesterday from CVS - Longview Hwy. 80. It was weird...they had them in the back & you had to ask for them.

MustangFootball
07-21-2011, 11:04 AM
FNF predictions for 30-3A

Mathis
Sinton
Ingleside
Rockport-Fulton
Aransas Pass
Mathis
Goliad

WOW...that's really their picks for 30-3A man they are so off base its not even funny, I think Mathis is losing the most players in the district I don't even have them making the playoffs.

here's how i see it.

Ingleside
Rockport-Fulton
Sinton
Aransas Pass
Mathis
Goliad

Ingleside and Rockport-Fulton could switch spots
Sinton and Aransas Pass could switch spots
Mathis and Goliad could switch spots

I think its gonna come down to Sinton and Aransas Pass for that final playoff spot.

poisoned10
07-21-2011, 11:11 AM
FNF predictions for 30-3A

Mathis
Sinton
Ingleside
Rockport-Fulton
Aransas Pass
Mathis
Goliad

WOW...that's really their picks for 30-3A man they are so off base its not even funny, I think Mathis is losing the most players in the district I don't even have them making the playoffs.

here's how i see it.

Ingleside
Rockport-Fulton
Sinton
Aransas Pass
Mathis
Goliad

Ingleside and Rockport-Fulton could switch spots
Sinton and Aransas Pass could switch spots
Mathis and Goliad could switch spots

I think its gonna come down to Sinton and Aransas Pass for that final playoff spot.

So because you don't agree with them, they are off base? Maybe you are the one that's off base?

Just because you lose a lot, doesn't mean they will be bad. In 2004, Gilmer returned 2 offensive and 2 defensive starters and one of the offensive starters switched positions. Gilmer went on to win the state championship that year.

MUSTANG69
07-21-2011, 11:48 AM
So because you don't agree with them, they are off base? Maybe you are the one that's off base?

Just because you lose a lot, doesn't mean they will be bad. In 2004, Gilmer returned 2 offensive and 2 defensive starters and one of the offensive starters switched positions. Gilmer went on to win the state championship that year.

So if Mustang Football doesn't agree, he is supposed to keep his mouth shut and not have an opinion.

99IHSMustang
07-21-2011, 01:09 PM
So if Mustang Football doesn't agree, he is supposed to keep his mouth shut and not have an opinion.

I don't understand why poisened10 got his feathers ruffled either.

waterboy
07-21-2011, 01:17 PM
It's just somebody's opinion either way. No need to fret over it. The only thing that really matters is how your team finishes. I'd rather not get any recognition before the season and win it all, than to get a lot of recognition before the season and not win it all. I haven't read TOC FNF magazine yet, but I think they picked Gilmer to finish 3rd in District 17-3A. I don't agree with them, but I'm not going to fuss about it. I actually think Gilmer will WIN district, but that's just my opinion, and I can see why their opinion is different.

MustangFootball
07-21-2011, 02:02 PM

I'm not saying that id the sole reason, Ingleside was not predicted to make the playoffs last-year after graduating the house the year before, and finished 2nd in district..... all I'm saying is on top of taking the biggest hit in district due to graduation, they lost their coach they will be learning a new system....they lost to Ingleside and Sinton both last-year as they do almost every year.....how do they expect Mathis to beat a Ingleside team that's coming back loaded and a Sinton team that's gonna have a stout defense, i don't see it...I might just be being a homer.

poisoned10
07-21-2011, 04:50 PM

I wasn't saying that at all. Just saying that because TOC had a different view on the distric doesn't make them "way off base."

I don't understand why poisened10 got his feathers ruffled either.

My "feathers" weren't "ruffled." I was just saying that because they have different views on the outcome doesn't make the other "off base." It doesn't mean they're not off base either.

The last posts makes a lot of sense as to why you would think the district would finish the way they will. And I wasn't trying to argue one way or the other. And I certainly wasn't trying to make anyone upset.

buckeyebob
07-24-2011, 10:05 AM

When the switch happened, I thought that Traylor was insane...Manual Johnson...who would have thought?

poisoned10
07-24-2011, 12:24 PM
When the switch happened, I thought that Traylor was insane...Manual Johnson...who would have thought?

And he re-wrote Gilmer's record books also.

hookandladder
07-24-2011, 05:58 PM
It's just somebody's opinion either way. No need to fret over it. The only thing that really matters is how your team finishes. I'd rather not get any recognition before the season and win it all, than to get a lot of recognition before the season and not win it all. I haven't read TOC FNF magazine yet, but I think they picked Gilmer to finish 3rd in District 17-3A. I don't agree with them, but I'm not going to fuss about it. I actually think Gilmer will WIN district, but that's just my opinion, and I can see why their opinion is different.

Now that there are two high school football magazine's , I think it will be interesting to see who was more acurate in predicting playoff teams from each District. In 3A down to 1A , it should be very interesting since there are some pretty big difference in opinion on who will make the playoffs. In 4A and 5A it is not as easy to pick playoffs since 4 teams go and some District's only have 5 schools, seems like they should just let them all go.Back in my day , one team only made the playoffs but don't think that would sit to will with most mommy and daddy's.