PDA

View Full Version : Texas Rangers

Txbroadcaster
07-19-2011, 09:15 AM
Nice 11 game winning streak..big( but not HUGE) Series with Angels begin tonight

waterboy
07-19-2011, 04:12 PM
I think this is the best chance for the Rangers to increase their lead in the West. The only thing is the Angels are playing pretty good right now, too. The head-to-head matchup is important, but it's not going to break either team this early..........although..........if the Rangers swept the Angels......their lead could swell to seven games. This series is much more important for the Angels than it is for the Rangers, in my opinion.

SintonFan_inAustin
07-19-2011, 04:48 PM
possible deal between the Rangers and Padres for ex Sinton pitcher Mike Adams? hope it happens, he has been pitching great this year. just rumors but could happen soon :)

eagles_victory
07-19-2011, 04:50 PM
I think this is the best chance for the Rangers to increase their lead in the West. The only thing is the Angels are playing pretty good right now, too. The head-to-head matchup is important, but it's not going to break either team this early..........although..........if the Rangers swept the Angels......their lead could swell to seven games. This series is much more important for the Angels than it is for the Rangers, in my opinion. The Halos did just lose 3 of 4 to the Athletics

SintonFan_inAustin
07-19-2011, 04:53 PM
Nice 11 game winning streak..big( but not HUGE) Series with Angels begin tonight Took a vacation day for Thursday day game.

waterboy
07-19-2011, 05:08 PM
True, but they have played pretty well over an extended period of time preventing the Rangers from opening their lead even more. I hope the Angels are still on the downswing when they play the Rangers. The Angels seem to be pretty streaky, too. They will definitely be a test for the Rangers because the Angels know who the division leader is, and would love nothing more than to make up ground head-to-head. Will they be able to overcome the obvious talent difference is the question. The Rangers will definitely try to put a little more space between them and the Angels for the stretch run.

bwdlionfan
07-20-2011, 12:25 AM
True, but they have played pretty well over an extended period of time preventing the Rangers from opening their lead even more. I hope the Angels are still on the downswing when they play the Rangers. The Angels seem to be pretty streaky, too. They will definitely be a test for the Rangers because the Angels know who the division leader is, and would love nothing more than to make up ground head-to-head. Will they be able to overcome the obvious talent difference is the question. The Rangers will definitely try to put a little more space between them and the Angels for the stretch run.

Rangers up 7-0 with 2 outs to go in the 9th!

Txbroadcaster
07-20-2011, 12:35 AM
pitching staff has now given up 2 runs in 55 innings...that is amazing

Roughneck93
07-20-2011, 05:35 AM
Nice watching Texas flex their mucles lastnight against the Angles. Even better is both Seattle and Oakland losing as well.

GrTigers6
07-20-2011, 05:59 AM
This will be the best series to extend that winning streak to 14! Create some more distance in the division. Hopefully Holland can continue with his most recent success.

Farmersfan
07-20-2011, 08:06 AM
I have to admit that I am very impressed with the Rangers play right now. The pitchers are good, the bats are doing well and the defense is pretty good which hasn't happened a long time. If this team can put all three of those phases of the game together for a long period of time they will certainly compete for another run at a Championship. Based on the pitching the last 15 games or so what areas do you guys see as needing the most help now? Still another bullpen arm? Starting pitcher?

Roughneck93
07-20-2011, 08:23 AM
I have to admit that I am very impressed with the Rangers play right now. The pitchers are good, the bats are doing well and the defense is pretty good which hasn't happened a long time. If this team can put all three of those phases of the game together for a long period of time they will certainly compete for another run at a Championship. Based on the pitching the last 15 games or so what areas do you guys see as needing the most help now? Still another bullpen arm? Starting pitcher?I would suggest another bullpen arm. Both Heath Bell and Mike Adams of the Padres are rumored to be on the block.

waterboy
07-20-2011, 08:43 AM
The way the Rangers are playing right now I don't see any glaring weaknesses, but it hasn't always been that way this season. I still think they need to go out and get some bullpen help before the deadline.

eagleqb_14
07-20-2011, 12:03 PM
12 now! only giving up 2 runs in 56 innings!

SintonFan_inAustin
07-20-2011, 12:22 PM
12 now! only giving up 2 runs in 56 innings! and 0 unearned runs is impressive. They're not giving the other team extra outs to extend a inning.

eagles_victory
07-20-2011, 04:38 PM
If this team can put all three of those phases of the game together for a long period of time they will certainly compete for another run at a Championship.?Really? How has ESPN not hired you yet?

orange machine
07-20-2011, 11:09 PM
Why is Tommy Hunter in the bullpen?

bwdlionfan
07-20-2011, 11:25 PM
Why is Tommy Hunter in the bullpen?

He's been hurt and I think they are trying to slowly work him back in. I hope he moves to a starter soon and they can bump Holland to the bullpen.

eagles_victory
07-21-2011, 12:03 AM
He's been hurt and I think they are trying to slowly work him back in. I hope he moves to a starter soon and they can bump Holland to the bullpen. Holland to the bullpen before tonight he had thrown back to back shutouts? Hunter sucks

BaseballUmp
07-21-2011, 12:03 AM
12 now! only giving up 2 runs in 56 innings!

9 so far tonight...

Roughneck93
07-21-2011, 07:26 AM
I went to bed thinking Texas had this one wrapped up! Didn't realize they lost until now.Oh well, long as they take the series.

Farmersfan
07-21-2011, 08:20 AM
Really? How has ESPN not hired you yet?

They tried but since I didn't live in my mom's basement and constantly regurgitate useless sports propaganda like so many do they felt I didn't fit the company profile. I hear they will soon be offering you a job if you can break away from the constant masterbating with the Sears catalog and bitching about mom washing your Abercrombie & Fitch tee shirt too much. :crazy::crazy:

eagles_victory
07-21-2011, 09:19 AM
They tried but since I didn't live in my mom's basement and constantly regurgitate useless sports propaganda like so many do they felt I didn't fit the company profile. I hear they will soon be offering you a job if you can break away from the constant masterbating with the Sears catalog and bitching about mom washing your Abercrombie & Fitch tee shirt too much. :crazy::crazy: Abercrombie & Fitch what is this 2007?

Farmersfan
07-21-2011, 03:17 PM
Abercrombie & Fitch what is this 2007?

Don't know EV! According to my Ipod playlist it's 1978. :confused:

eagles_victory
07-21-2011, 03:55 PM
Don't know EV! According to my Ipod playlist it's 1978. :confused: According to mine it is 1998. Currently playing N'Sync

Farmersfan
07-22-2011, 08:14 AM
According to mine it is 1998. Currently playing N'Sync

I love their version of Bread's Everything I Own......

Tejastrue
07-23-2011, 10:29 PM
Nice comeback win tonight, especially for the Michael Young supporters.

Roughneck93
07-23-2011, 10:50 PM
Nice comeback win tonight, especially for the Michael Young supporters.

And in the process gaining another game up over the Angles. Great win tonight.

FB-fanatic
07-23-2011, 10:55 PM
So why is Murphy (Baylor Bear) always considered on the bubble with the Rangers? I,ve learned a lot about baseball over the last few years, but don't understand why he is not considered a solid starter. Does he get gigged for style points in the batters box?

Tejastrue
07-23-2011, 11:01 PM
So why is Murphy (Baylor Bear) always considered on the bubble with the Rangers? I,ve learned a lot about baseball over the last few years, but don't understand why he is not considered a solid starter. Does he get gigged for style points in the batters box?

This is not about Murphy tonight. This was a Ranger's team effort. If any one is on the bubble IMO, it would be Davis.

bwdlionfan
07-23-2011, 11:20 PM
Holland to the bullpen before tonight he had thrown back to back shutouts? Hunter sucks

Holland has the highest ERA of any of the starters and one of the highest on the entire team, he also has allowed the most hits of any pitcher on the team, has the second most walks (only 1 back of being the most), and has given up the most earned runs. I'm not saying Holland sucks, but if they were going to look in to upgrading the starting pitchers I'd say he's the one to move to the bullpen.

Source:
http://espn.go.com/mlb/team/stats/pitching/_/name/tex/texas-rangers

eagles_victory
07-24-2011, 11:29 AM
Holland has the highest ERA of any of the starters and one of the highest on the entire team, he also has allowed the most hits of any pitcher on the team, has the second most walks (only 1 back of being the most), and has given up the most earned runs. I'm not saying Holland sucks, but if they were going to look in to upgrading the starting pitchers I'd say he's the one to move to the bullpen.

Source:
http://espn.go.com/mlb/team/stats/pitching/_/name/tex/texas-rangers It isn't as if he is horrible. He struggles some nights but he can go get a complete game any given night. I would much rather have that than ole five and dive out there.

eagles_victory
07-24-2011, 11:31 AM
So why is Murphy (Baylor Bear) always considered on the bubble with the Rangers? I,ve learned a lot about baseball over the last few years, but don't understand why he is not considered a solid starter. Does he get gigged for style points in the batters box? He is a corner outfielder and Nelson Cruz and Josh Hamilton are also and they are better. When they decided they didn't want to play Josh everyday in Center David became a backup. Plus he is only hitting like .250 not as if he is killing the ball.

FB-fanatic
07-24-2011, 03:20 PM
This is not about Murphy tonight. This was a Ranger's team effort. If any one is on the bubble IMO, it would be Davis.

Wasn't commenting specifically about this game and Murphy, just a general question. In general he seems to always hit well and fields well. Was just wondering. And definitley wasn't a homer pick. Gig'em.

Txbroadcaster
07-24-2011, 07:43 PM
Wasn't commenting specifically about this game and Murphy, just a general question. In general he seems to always hit well and fields well. Was just wondering. And definitley wasn't a homer pick. Gig'em.

Murphy is a good 4th OF..I dont think much more than that..he has struggld this year at the plate

Txbroadcaster
07-26-2011, 10:23 AM
wow what an arse whooping..I think rangers could have scored 35 if they wanted to

trade season is here..curious to see what they do

great quote about the supposed weak AL west

In a perfect world, the rotation also could use an upgrade, even though the Rangers rank second in the AL with a 3.44 rotation ERA. (AL West clubs actually occupy the top four spots, so the Rangers, at least with their offense, effectively play a tougher schedule than the Red Sox and Yankees).

bwdlionfan
07-26-2011, 02:10 PM
wow what an arse whooping..I think rangers could have scored 35 if they wanted to.

I was at the game last night. I wonder how long they will give Chris Davis to do something before sending him back down? He was 0 for 6 last night, I haven't seen him get a hit since they pulled him up but someone told me he hit a homerun in an at bat I must have missed. Heck Quintanilla hit a triple last night and then scored in his only at bat last night (they put him in to replace Michael Young in the 6th or 7th).