PDA

View Full Version : Clarification for Burnet fans

GreatBigBurnetFan
11-10-2003, 11:16 AM
This morning I received a e-mail letter from Coach Shipley's office. It explained the mixup
in game info. There was still something that was not clear so I called and talked to Denise.

The game is at 6:00 PM NOT 5:00. The Austin American Statesman is WRONG!

Additionally, ONLY the Yellowish gold 25AAA District passes signed by Dean Andrews
of Liberty Hill ISD, are the ONLY passes that will be accepted!

See you all at the game, have a great safe trip!
Regards,
GreatBigBurnetFan

<small>[ November 10, 2003, 10:18 AM: Message edited by: GreatBigBurnetFan ]</small>

bd0707
11-10-2003, 11:36 AM
Thanks for the advisory GreatBigBurnetFan. This came out this morning:

Sent: Monday, November 10, 2003 7:33 AM
To: BCISD
Subject: Burnet vs. Somerset Bi-District FB Game

For the past 10 days or so I've been telling everyone that the Somerset coach and I have agreed to play our playoff game on Friday. Unfortunately, this past Friday (when he found out Bobcat Stadium would not be available Friday) he reneged and wanted to play on Saturday. UIL rules say that if both can't agree, a coin toss will be used to decided the day and location of the game. Since i wanted to play on Friday when had to flip. Obviously he won the toss and thus the Saturday evening game. I apologize for the inconveniences this may have caused. If there were any way to appeal it I would but that is the guidelines the UIL has established and, unless we want to forfeit, we have to abide by them. I always have tried and will contiune to be considerate of other events on the BCISD calandar. If we win, I would want to play the next game on Saturday (11-22). But as we've learned, it doesn't always matter what I want. I'll keep you posted!

Thanks,

Bob

Burnet vs. Somerset

Saturday, November 15th, 6:00 pm

Bobcat Stadium, San Marcos

Texas State University (SWT)

Tickets

Adult Tickets $6.00

Student Tickets $4.00

All tickets will be sold at the gate. No pre-sales.

Passes

District 25AAA and District 26AAA passes will be honored (These are not the employee passes or "Gold" cards but the cards issued and signed by the district chairman)
Texas High School Coaches Association Passes
Student groups in uniform and their sponsors