PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Been to Mississauga, Ontario?

Matthew328
07-18-2011, 12:28 PM
visiting in two weeks...any suggestions?

Old LB
07-18-2011, 12:37 PM
Skeeter Spray.

MGAR
07-18-2011, 12:42 PM
Practice saying "eh" after every sentence.. eh?

Gsquared
07-18-2011, 12:45 PM
Go see "Strange Brew" while your up there. Every theater shows it like our show Rocky Horror Picture Show.

greendawg84
07-18-2011, 01:23 PM
Take a coat ... went to Cleveland in August one year , left here 104 got there 58 bout froze to death.

LH Panther Mom
07-18-2011, 07:40 PM
How long will you be staying? Are you going alone?

Niagara Falls
London - Storybook Gardens

Hmmmm...I need to think about this more.

Blastoderm55
07-18-2011, 08:26 PM
I knew a guy who lived there. That's all.

LionFan72
07-19-2011, 08:30 PM
Grab you handfull of 'tunnies", gonna need them to purchase a cold brewski......

CenTexSports
07-20-2011, 06:59 PM
Been there quite a few times for business. Go play golf in Acton at the Canadian PGA course and Devil"s Pulpit is good. I also played the course where they used to always play the Canadian Open (the name escapes me). I have also been to several Bluejay games. The traffic in Toronto is amazing. 4 million people and they are all on the road at one time.

Have fun.

BTW: If you go to KFC and ask for potatos and gravy, you get fries with gravy. they don't sell mashed potatos.

Cam
07-21-2011, 04:35 PM
Been to Toronto & Richmond Hill area...but I'm afraid I can't suggest anything..it's been awhile....I do remember how clean Toronto is. And people are real friendly. It's one of those cities you can walk around at night and not be afraid. They were just building the Blue Jays stadium (whatever it's called) when I was there. I could live there if it wasn't so cold.....my knuckles start crackin' and bleedin' at 60 degrees....

Matthew328
07-21-2011, 04:38 PM
Been there quite a few times for business. Go play golf in Acton at the Canadian PGA course and Devil"s Pulpit is good. I also played the course where they used to always play the Canadian Open (the name escapes me). I have also been to several Bluejay games. The traffic in Toronto is amazing. 4 million people and they are all on the road at one time.

Have fun.

BTW: If you go to KFC and ask for potatos and gravy, you get fries with gravy. they don't sell mashed potatos.

Potatoes and Gravy there is Poutine.....my wife loves that crap

Cam
07-21-2011, 05:17 PM
Just remembered another thing...if you're going there for work, better check to see if a work permit is still required in Canada. Not sure if it's still this way, but as my two co-workers and I were leaving the baggage claim, there was a dude sitting at a desk and picking folks at random to go to another room. Of course, me being the youngest, handsomest, and most gullible looking of the three, I got chosen. My co-workers were not allowed to follow me. They had me in a room for almost an hour questioning my business there. They asked if I had permission to come to Canada and work. I said no. They tried to make me pay for a permit on the spot. I told them my company (TI...which stands for Tiny Income) did not give me any spending money....I was lyin'....So, then they asked me if I had any personal credit cards....course, I said no....I can't remember, but I think they were trying to charge me $300.00. Then they took me to another little room and made me wait more. Finally, a lady walked in and said they were gonna let me go this time.....Unbelievably bad experience...my co-workers thought I had been arrested or something as they were not told a thing....anyway..just sayin'....

Gsquared
07-22-2011, 08:31 AM

Have fun.

Thats Poutine

Matthew328
07-22-2011, 08:51 AM
Just remembered another thing...if you're going there for work, better check to see if a work permit is still required in Canada. Not sure if it's still this way, but as my two co-workers and I were leaving the baggage claim, there was a dude sitting at a desk and picking folks at random to go to another room. Of course, me being the youngest, handsomest, and most gullible looking of the three, I got chosen. My co-workers were not allowed to follow me. They had me in a room for almost an hour questioning my business there. They asked if I had permission to come to Canada and work. I said no. They tried to make me pay for a permit on the spot. I told them my company (TI...which stands for Tiny Income) did not give me any spending money....I was lyin'....So, then they asked me if I had any personal credit cards....course, I said no....I can't remember, but I think they were trying to charge me $300.00. Then they took me to another little room and made me wait more. Finally, a lady walked in and said they were gonna let me go this time.....Unbelievably bad experience...my co-workers thought I had been arrested or something as they were not told a thing....anyway..just sayin'....

No work, just visiting

Gsquared
07-22-2011, 08:56 AM
No work, just visiting
Is Mrs. Matt from there or something?

Matthew328
07-22-2011, 08:57 AM
Is Mrs. Matt from there or something?

She is...my in law's lives there...father in law is actually kind of a big deal...he won like 7 national championships in track at ACU and was on the 1992 Canadian Olympic team...he's got some pull up there so I better get the royal treatment...

Gsquared
07-22-2011, 09:03 AM
She is...my in law's lives there...father in law is actually kind of a big deal...he won like 7 national championships in track at ACU and was on the 1992 Canadian Olympic team...he's got some pull up there so I better get the royal treatment...
You should get the royal treatment! Wonder if they have a no touch law in the flops. :)

CenTexSports
07-22-2011, 09:09 AM
One of the guys I used to work with when I went to Canada was a boxer when he was younger. He boxed in the Pan AM games. One day I was at his house and he showed me a picture taken right after a match. It was of him, Teaflo (sp) Stevenson, and Fidel Castro. It was pretty cool.