PDA

View Full Version : Texas or A&M

CTownHardHitter07
11-05-2003, 03:58 PM
Who would you rather play in Football if you had to pick out of the Longhorns or the AggieS???
me ..Longhorns

shellman54
11-05-2003, 04:08 PM
play for, or play against?

the-O-fence
11-05-2003, 07:41 PM
I would pick the Longhorns or the Red Raiders before A&M anyday.

sharpie
11-05-2003, 08:19 PM
Definitley UT although TT is getting some good recruitment.

Sooner Fan
11-05-2003, 08:36 PM
i would play both of them before i would want to play the best team in the land (OU).

sharpie
11-05-2003, 08:45 PM
All of the OU skill players are from Texas and go to OU because they are underrated. I give OU props because they have the best coach in the land but anyone can coach a Texan and be a winner. Jason White sux, he is surrounded by great Texans that make him look good!

Sooner Fan
11-05-2003, 08:50 PM
Hey Sharpie the whole starting defense is from Oklahoma except for three. 65-13!

Sooner Fan
11-05-2003, 09:05 PM
Hey Sharpie your right anyone can coach a Texan to be a winner except for Mack Brown.

turbostud
11-05-2003, 09:06 PM
OUCH!

The Guru
11-05-2003, 09:13 PM
If I had to choose right now, I'd choose A&M based on what Fran has been able to do at other programs. When I look at Texas, I see a team that has been loaded with talent the past few years, but has not done anything. I'd like the opportunity to be a part of A&M's return. Might have a chance to play sooner at A&M, too.

sharpie
11-05-2003, 09:14 PM
those 3 are your most dominant defensive players too besides Lehman. Strait and Everage are the only reason no one can pass on you and Tommy boy Harris provides one hell of a rush. Not to mention your WR's are from Texas

sharpie
11-05-2003, 09:16 PM
get rid of Mack Brown and you will see a new team!

Sooner Fan
11-05-2003, 09:28 PM
Sharpie listen the athletic department will never get rid of Mack Brown. They are 11 and 1 or 10 and 2 every year. We all know they cannot win the big game. But hey I guess it is just like a Longhorn to be content with mediocracy.

JasperDog94
11-05-2003, 10:07 PM
Sooner Fan:
Sharpie listen the athletic department will never get rid of Mack Brown. They are 11 and 1 or 10 and 2 every year. We all know they cannot win the big game. But hey I guess it is just like a Longhorn to be content with mediocracy.Do you really consider 11-1 and 10-2 mediocracy? If so, then Oklahoma the past two years has been mediocre.

I, on the other hand, would consider those numbers to be pretty darn impressive. Hasn't won the big game yet. That's true. I'm not here to say that Mack Brown is a great coach, but to say that Texas has been mediocre is waaaaay off.

Bandera YaYa
11-05-2003, 10:19 PM
Sooner Fan:
Hey Sharpie your right anyone can coach a Texan to be a winner except for Mack Brown.HAHAHAHAHAHA.....now that's funny!!!

Bandera YaYa
11-05-2003, 10:21 PM
Well, if Texas is mediocre, what does that make A&M?? eek!

lepfan
11-05-2003, 10:22 PM
sharpie:
All of the OU skill players are from Texas and go to OU because they are underrated. I give OU props because they have the best coach in the land but anyone can coach a Texan and be a winner. Jason White sux, he is surrounded by great Texans that make him look good!sharpie...sounds like you need to step away from the crack pipe...LOL...a great coach must have skill players to win... by the way...Renaldo Works from Tulsa, Kejuan Jones from Tulsa, Mark Bradley from Arkansas, Dan Cody from Ada, OK, Teddy Lehmann from Fort Gibson, OK, JD Runnels is from Midwest City, OK, Jason White from Tuttle,OK...yes and the great Derrick Strait from AUSTIN...none of these guys were heavily recruited by a Texas college (and Strait was not even talked to by texas :) ...you are whining and seem to be a bit jealous sharpie...YOU NEED TO GET INFORMED BEFORE YOU RUN YOUR MOUTH...ignorance is not cool! I am really not sure of your point...I have been on both sides of the Red River and neither side has citizens or athletes that are any better than the other...have a nice day...

<small>[ November 05, 2003, 09:32 PM: Message edited by: lepfan ]</small>

lepfan
11-05-2003, 10:27 PM
JasperDog94:

Sooner Fan:
Sharpie listen the athletic department will never get rid of Mack Brown. They are 11 and 1 or 10 and 2 every year. We all know they cannot win the big game. But hey I guess it is just like a Longhorn to be content with mediocracy.Do you really consider 11-1 and 10-2 mediocracy? If so, then Oklahoma the past two years has been mediocre.

I, on the other hand, would consider those numbers to be pretty darn impressive. Hasn't won the big game yet. That's true. I'm not here to say that Mack Brown is a great coach, but to say that Texas has been mediocre is waaaaay off.Yes, Oklahoma has had mediocre teams in the past and I am sure there will be some more in the future...but this year they are the best team in the nation...The Rose Bowl win was nice... but the coaching staff, players, and fans were not happy with it...they wanted more...so they are reaching for the stars this year...
:D

turbostud
11-05-2003, 10:28 PM
Jason White is from Tuttle, OK on the outskirts of Norman.

lepfan
11-05-2003, 10:32 PM
turbostud:
Jason White is from Tuttle, OK on the outskirts of Norman.oops, I typed Tulsa instead...gotta fix that