PDA

View Full Version : Cedric Benson...

Roughneck93
07-17-2011, 12:56 PM
was arrested again. :dispntd:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6777620/cincinnati-bengals-cedric-benson-jailed-family-assault-charge

BEAST
07-18-2011, 11:49 AM
Why in the world do teams keep signing these thugs? Its one thing to have 1 infraction and then get your crap together, however, when you have a track record that goes on for years, I wish the teams would just throw these players out to pasture.

BEAST

MGAR
07-18-2011, 12:05 PM
Former Tatum Eagle and Dallas Cowboy Stephen Hodge was as well last night/this morning.

Sweetwater Red
07-18-2011, 12:18 PM
http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?s=espn

He wasn't the only one. But, their story sounds harmless.

Former Dallas Cowboys linebacker Stephen Hodge, Indianapolis Colts defensive end Jerry Hughes and former TCU defensive tackle Cory Grant were arrested early Sunday morning for public intoxication, according to television station WFAA.

The arrest took place at The Bank nightclub in Dallas at approximately 2:30 a.m. CT.

Police told WFAA that they noticed a disturbance at the nightclub and saw that it continued outside on the sidewalk.

Hodge, who was celebrating his 24th birthday Sunday, never appeared in a game for the Cowboys due to injuries after being drafted in 2009. He was released in November.

Hughes was a first-round pick of the Colts in 2010 and appeared in 12 games last season, making six tackles.

Grant was a senior at TCU last season, starting 13 games.

Hughes and Hodge also attended TCU.

Former Tatum Eagle and Dallas Cowboy Stephen Hodge was as well last night/this morning.

solocam
07-18-2011, 06:48 PM
Bengals are still wanting to resign Benson,go figure

bobcat1
07-18-2011, 07:25 PM
Why in the world do teams keep signing these thugs? Its one thing to have 1 infraction and then get your crap together, however, when you have a track record that goes on for years, I wish the teams would just throw these players out to pasture.

BEAST+1 You just can't fix stupid applies here. I wish I would have that kind of talent. I can assure you it would not have been thrown away.

Old Tiger
07-19-2011, 10:12 AM
I still don't get the over use of the word thugs when it comes to black players.

Cam
07-19-2011, 02:13 PM
I still don't get the over use of the word thugs when it comes to black players.

I don't know bout that....but I've been called worse....
Definition of THUG by Websters
: a brutal ruffian or assassin : gangster, tough
— thug·gery \ˈthə-g(ə-)rē\ noun
— thug·gish \ˈthə-gish\ adjective
See thug defined for English-language learners »
See thug defined for kids »
Examples of THUG
He was beaten and robbed by street thugs.
<the Mob boss regularly sent his thugs after people who were slow to pay their debts>
Origin of THUG
Hindi & Urdu ṭhag, literally, thief
First Known Use: 1810
Related to THUG
Synonyms: bully, gangbanger, gangsta, gangster, goon, gorilla, homeboy, homey (or homie), hood, hooligan, mobster, mug, plug-ugly, punk, roughneck, rowdy, ruffian, hoodlum, tough, toughie (also toughy), yob [British], yobbo

So, bout all I got out of this was that Benson was arrested, the Hindus started all the thuggery, & Roughneck93 started this thread and it so happens that the word "roughneck" is a synonym of "thug"!!!! There's some really weird stuff goin' on here......:eek:

Roughneck93
07-19-2011, 02:30 PM
I don't know bout that....but I've been called worse.... Definition of THUG by Websters: a brutal ruffian or assassin : gangster, tough — thug·gery \ˈthə-g(ə-)rē\ noun — thug·gish \ˈthə-gish\ adjective See thug defined for English-language learners »See thug defined for kids »Examples of THUGHe was beaten and robbed by street thugs.Origin of THUGHindi & Urdu ṭhag, literally, thief First Known Use: 1810Related to THUGSynonyms: bully, gangbanger, gangsta, gangster, goon, gorilla, homeboy, homey (or homie), hood, hooligan, mobster, mug, plug-ugly, punk, roughneck, rowdy, ruffian, hoodlum, tough, toughie (also toughy), yob [British], yobboSo, bout all I got out of this was that Benson was arrested, the Hindus started all the thuggery, & Roughneck93 started this thread and it so happens that the word "roughneck" is a synonym of "thug"!!!! There's some really weird stuff goin' on here......:eek:Lol! Can I change my name to Thug93?!

Cam
07-19-2011, 02:37 PM
On another Cedric note: When my nephew was a member of the team as a freshman, good ol' Cedric decided to come pick a fight with him in the weight room for no apparent reason other than to maybe intimidate a younger player. My nephew held his ground and nothing happened except for Cedric mouthing off.. From what I know of the story, I'm convinced Cedric is a jerk if not a thug!

Cam
07-19-2011, 02:38 PM
Lol! Can I change my name to Thug93?!

You may indeed! Kinda has a ring to it!!

Old LB
07-19-2011, 04:58 PM

This guy makes tons of money to play a game that millions would give anything to be able to play and he does not have enough sense to stay out of trouble. Black, White, or green doesn't matter, he is still an idiot.

ronwx5x
07-19-2011, 05:08 PM
And being black excuses him? I think not.

HSFB
07-19-2011, 05:26 PM
It seems like so many have a hard time adjusting to the real world once they leave the kumbaya environment of mamby pamby land…..

bobcat1
07-19-2011, 05:49 PM
This guy makes tons of money to play a game that millions would give anything to be able to play and he does not have enough sense to stay out of trouble. Black, White, or green doesn't matter, he is still an idiot.This!

Saggy Aggie
07-19-2011, 06:01 PM
I still don't get the over use of the word thugs when it comes to black players.What does being black have to do with it?

Multiple arrests = thug regardless of race

Old Tiger
07-20-2011, 01:46 PM
This guy makes tons of money to play a game that millions would give anything to be able to play and he does not have enough sense to stay out of trouble. Black, White, or green doesn't matter, he is still an idiot.How come when white players make mistakes and do the same thing certain people on here call them idiots or moron but when its a black player he's a thug. I've even seen the same certain posters on here calling LeBron James a thug but IDK why. I guess saying thug is better than calling the player the N word.

BaseballUmp
07-20-2011, 02:00 PM
Shut it honky

Saggy Aggie
07-20-2011, 03:27 PM
How come when white players make mistakes and do the same thing certain people on here call them idiots or moron but when its a black player he's a thug. I've even seen the same certain posters on here calling LeBron James a thug but IDK why. I guess saying thug is better than calling the player the N word. Can't prove it

RoyceTTU
07-20-2011, 03:32 PM
What does being black have to do with it?

Multiple arrests = thug regardless of race

pretty good comparison. I agree

Cam
07-20-2011, 04:13 PM
How come when white players make mistakes and do the same thing certain people on here call them idiots or moron but when its a black player he's a thug. I've even seen the same certain posters on here calling LeBron James a thug but IDK why. I guess saying thug is better than calling the player the N word.

Well, the way I see it, "idiot" and "moron" ain't much of a compliment either...lol....

HSFB
07-20-2011, 06:39 PM
How come when white players make mistakes and do the same thing certain people on here call them idiots or moron but when its a black player he's a thug. I've even seen the same certain posters on here calling LeBron James a thug but IDK why. I guess saying thug is better than calling the player the N word.

lets see...honky, thug, moron, cracker, idiot, etc.. Problem with today's society in general is that everyone is soooo sensitive. He said this and she said that and oh how my wittle feewings are hurt...well cry me a dang river. Do I feel it is right?...no....but grow a pair, sack-up, and move on. Gheesh...all the darn whining that goes on about this stuff is just maddening. It's like breaking up little kids on the grade school playground. Surely people have something more important to worry about than if someone called them a name. It is certainly not worth getting you joe boxers in a wad over something that you cannot control or change and is really so frivolous in general.

Bull Butter
07-20-2011, 07:04 PM

Running the wrong pass route is a mistake
Jumping offside is a mistake
Missing a block is a mistake
Beating someone up is not a mistake

Stop sticking up for the guy by saying "he made a mistake". Like Saggy said "Mulitple arrests= Thug, regardless of race"

Cam
07-21-2011, 11:09 AM
lets see...honky, thug, moron, cracker, idiot, etc.. Problem with today's society in general is that everyone is soooo sensitive. He said this and she said that and oh how my wittle feewings are hurt...well cry me a dang river. Do I feel it is right?...no....but grow a pair, sack-up, and move on. Gheesh...all the darn whining that goes on about this stuff is just maddening. It's like breaking up little kids on the grade school playground. Surely people have something more important to worry about than if someone called them a name. It is certainly not worth getting you joe boxers in a wad over something that you cannot control or change and is really so frivolous in general.

Whew!!...man HSFB, I'm sure glad you didn't let your fingers get ahead of your brain when you were typin'....I'm referrin' to the "joe boxers in a wad" line. It could've easily been "a wad in my joe boxers"...then we'd all be wonderin' what the hell you were talkin' about! Anyway, good points you no-good toe-jam-eatin' butt-sniffin' son bitch! :inlove:

bobcat1
07-21-2011, 01:29 PM

lets see...honky, thug, moron, cracker, idiot, etc.. Problem with today's society in general is that everyone is soooo sensitive. He said this and she said that and oh how my wittle feewings are hurt...well cry me a dang river. Do I feel it is right?...no....but grow a pair, sack-up, and move on. Gheesh...all the darn whining that goes on about this stuff is just maddening. It's like breaking up little kids on the grade school playground. Surely people have something more important to worry about than if someone called them a name. It is certainly not worth getting you joe boxers in a wad over something that you cannot control or change and is really so frivolous in general. Don't worry about him HSFB. He is one of those that wanted his participation ribbon.:D

garciap77
07-25-2011, 08:50 AM

Stop it! You Thug!!!! :evillol:

LH Panther Mom
07-25-2011, 08:27 PM
I still don't get why you continue to throw that out here. Race or skin color has nothing to do with it!

Eagle 1
07-25-2011, 08:38 PM
was arrested again. :dispntd:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6777620/cincinnati-bengals-cedric-benson-jailed-family-assault-charge

Cedric arrested. Wow that's weird.

bobcat1
07-25-2011, 10:18 PM
Cedric arrested. Wow that's weird.He did play at that college in Austin right?

Eagle 1
07-26-2011, 02:19 PM
He did play at that college in Austin right?

Yea.....turn up your sarcasm volume. :stirpot:

bobcat1
07-26-2011, 03:09 PM
Yea.....turn up your sarcasm volume. :stirpot:Not to worry. It's up. His teammate was given his walking papers today in Dallas and I bet the Great One gets his in Tennessee too.

Eagle 1
07-26-2011, 05:03 PM
I bet the Great One gets his in Tennessee too.

I think he has already been cut.