Txbroadcaster
07-13-2011, 10:33 AM
Just wanted to hear thoughts on what position or who Texas should go after

IMO all about back end bullpen

RoyceTTU
07-13-2011, 10:55 AM
Just wanted to hear thoughts on what position or who Texas should go after

IMO all about back end bullpen

Kinsler for somebody. Young can fill 2nd fine. Or trade Young etc.....

rholl
07-13-2011, 10:55 AM
Bullpen is looking alot less shaky since O'Day and Hunter have been inserted.
Still holding my breath about what they have in store for Feldman??? tradebait maybe???

eagles_victory
07-13-2011, 10:56 AM
Kinsler for somebody. Young can fill 2nd fine. Or trade Young etc..... Kinsler or Young traded? Go away.

Txbroadcaster
07-13-2011, 10:57 AM
Kinsler for somebody. Young can fill 2nd fine. Or trade Young etc.....

Have you seen the year Kinsler is putting up? Easy to say he might be the MVP of the team so far....not sure the hate for him

rholl
07-13-2011, 11:19 AM
ooops spoke too soon.....looks like Feldman placed on waivers

eagleqb_14
07-13-2011, 12:00 PM
i think kinsler helps out the rangers, i dont think he should be hitting lead off but other than that he helps them out,

RoyceTTU
07-13-2011, 12:16 PM
Have you seen the year Kinsler is putting up? Easy to say he might be the MVP of the team so far....not sure the hate for him

no hate, I like him and young both. You asked for options and that is the most glarring redundency in the defense. One or the other I'm sure could yield a top ranked pitcher.

Txbroadcaster
07-13-2011, 12:17 PM
i think kinsler helps out the rangers, i dont think he should be hitting lead off but other than that he helps them out,

I used to think that as well..but he is 14th in OBP and 6th in walks..4th in runs scored..10th in steals..he is doing what a lead off batter is supposed to do..get on base and score

Txbroadcaster
07-13-2011, 12:18 PM
no hate, I like him and young both. You asked for options and that is the most glarring redundency in the defense. One or the other I'm sure could yield a top ranked pitcher.

did not mean YOU hated him sorry for confusion..Kinsler is a polarizing player to the Ranger fanbase for some reason

RoyceTTU
07-13-2011, 12:32 PM
Sounds like Francisco Rodriguiz might be on the market but to resign him after a mid-year trade would hurt the pocket book.

Txbroadcaster
07-13-2011, 12:35 PM
Sounds like Francisco Rodriguiz might be on the market but to resign him after a mid-year trade would hurt the pocket book.

He was traded to Brewers last night

Farmersfan
07-13-2011, 12:39 PM
Kinsler is the future of this organization. I don't agree with trading the future for a stop-gap player this season only. If they trade any of their top players it has to be Young. But at this point I can't see them getting any real value for him. Let me re-phrase that: He is far more valuable to this team than anyone they could get for him...... He is the heartbeat of this team right now and even though he is labled as the DH he is capable of doing so much more.

RoyceTTU
07-13-2011, 12:50 PM
He was traded to Brewers last night

:doh::doh:

eagles_victory
07-13-2011, 12:55 PM
Kinsler is the future of this organization. I don't agree with trading the future for a stop-gap player this season only. If they trade any of their top players it has to be Young. But at this point I can't see them getting any real value for him. Let me re-phrase that: He is far more valuable to this team than anyone they could get for him...... He is the heartbeat of this team right now and even though he is labled as the DH he is capable of doing so much more. x2 lol didnt see us agreeing on this

Farmersfan
07-13-2011, 01:00 PM
x2 lol didnt see us agreeing on this

Do you want a mulligan? One of us really should re-think this.........

coach
07-13-2011, 01:00 PM

wow mvp of the team? lmao....he went on a month long slump that was awful. he flied out everyother atbat. myoung and beltre are the mvp's of the team.

I would like to see us go get a top notch starter. we could always move holland to a relief role. But i think the player that would help us out the most that is on the trade rumors is Heath Bell.

Farmersfan
07-13-2011, 01:08 PM
wow mvp of the team? lmao....he went on a month long slump that was awful. he flied out everyother atbat. myoung and beltre are the mvp's of the team.

I would like to see us go get a top notch starter. we could always move holland to a relief role. But i think the player that would help us out the most that is on the trade rumors is Heath Bell.

Kinsler is one of the most frusterating players on the team. It seems he can't keep the ball down when we need only a base hit. He uses the uppercut swing way, way, way too much and I have seen points where he has even gotten arrogant about it when questioned by the media. But the numbers don't lie. I felt just like you up until a few weeks ago when I saw his OnBase percentage and his walk to strikeout numbers. he is a team leader in these categories. And TXB is right, getting on base is all that matters for the leadoff man no matter how they do it. But I think he would be sooooo much better if he dumped that uppercut swing and stopped trying to hit it 10 miles.

SintonFan_inAustin
07-13-2011, 01:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6-ks_UP988

Glad Young didn't get traded, he has been the most consistant so far this season.

Txbroadcaster
07-13-2011, 01:53 PM

and Beltre and Young both went into long slumps..point is Kinsler has been alot better than people are giving him credit for..I did not say 100% he was MVP I said easy to say he MIGHT be

eagles_victory
07-13-2011, 05:20 PM
Ian is the most important player to this team look at the 7 game win streak Ian had his fingerprints all over it. As far as not being in the leadoff spot he leads the team in OBP and has 19 stolen bases in 21 attempts that screams leadoff hitter to me.

Txbroadcaster
07-13-2011, 06:13 PM
Ian is the most important player to this team look at the 7 game win streak Ian had his fingerprints all over it. As far as not being in the leadoff spot he leads the team in OBP and has 19 stolen bases in 21 attempts that screams leadoff hitter to me.

as much as I hated him in the lead off I agree..best OBP..leads team in runs, steals bases,walks a ton, still has some power..he has been a prototypical lead off hitter this year

coach
07-13-2011, 07:49 PM
josh hamilton is the most inportant player on this team...

eagles_victory
07-13-2011, 07:57 PM
josh hamilton is the most inportant player on this team... Ian takes the team to a different level because he adds dimensions that other guys on the team can't. Josh Hamilton is the best player but not the most important. When Ian is rolling he carries the offense and gives so many opportunities for MY, Nelly, Beltre, and Josh. Ian and Elvis almost play the x factor role on the team. The team can be good with them struggling but when they are playing really well it makes the Rangers offense great.

bigwood33
07-13-2011, 08:55 PM
Since the A's are 12 back I would love to see the Rangers make a run at either Gio Gonzalez or Trevor Cahill. Even dangling Holland and a top offensive prospect might not be enough but the A's NEED offensive help and Holland could drop right into their rotation. I know that trading within the division is very difficult but who knows what next season will look like so anything is possible.

Txbroadcaster
07-14-2011, 07:51 AM
Since the A's are 12 back I would love to see the Rangers make a run at either Gio Gonzalez or Trevor Cahill. Even dangling Holland and a top offensive prospect might not be enough but the A's NEED offensive help and Holland could drop right into their rotation. I know that trading within the division is very difficult but who knows what next season will look like so anything is possible.

A's wont trade either IMO..they are building their team around them

bigwood33
07-14-2011, 09:10 AM
A's wont trade either IMO..they are building their team around them
I agree but you have to make the call.

Daddy D 11
07-14-2011, 03:50 PM
Ian takes the team to a different level because he adds dimensions that other guys on the team can't. .

what dimensions?

personally i love kinsler, im just curious.

Daddy D 11
07-14-2011, 03:51 PM
heath bell is the answer

it bumps every other bullpen arm up an inning and helps the rotation out in the process

Roughneck93
07-14-2011, 04:00 PM
heath bell is the answerit bumps every other bullpen arm up an inning and helps the rotation out in the processYeah him or Mike Adams.

eagles_victory
07-14-2011, 04:18 PM
what dimensions?

personally i love kinsler, im just curious. He can hit 1-6 the only guy on the team that can hit at any of those spots in the lineup. He is the only 30-30 guy on the team Cruz and Josh have the talent but they don't use the speed the way Ian does. He has by far the best eye on the team. He can set the table but he can also eat from the table (get on base for the big guys, or be one of the big guys) When Ian is on he is a top 15 player in the league. Too bad he has the worst attention to detail and mental approach. of almost any athlete Ive ever seen.