PDA

View Full Version : Will people ever learn?

orange machine
07-12-2011, 08:59 AM
That a 2 dollar baseball is not worth dying for?

http://www.foxnews.mobi/quickPage.html?page=22995&external=1005188.proteus.fma

Gsquared
07-12-2011, 10:11 AM
That a 2 dollar baseball is not worth dying for?

http://www.foxnews.mobi/quickPage.html?page=22995&external=1005188.proteus.fma
When a ball is in the air its kind of like when a fire truck or police car is running code. People lose all thier common sense.

WildTexan972
07-12-2011, 11:18 AM
no one goes to the ballgame sayin 'I will get a ball or die tryin'....

it is like all of us when we were young...."Oh I could do that" was what we thought about EVERYTHING...even jumpin wide creeks on a motorcycle....or building Evil Knievel ramps for jumpin bikes....or driving fast in HS and thinkin we were made of steel....

it just happens....

and they are not $2 balls....been to Walmart lately to find the cheapest of the good balls? they ain't 2 bucks...a game played ball while at a game with your son is a lifetime memory for you and the kid....if you measure those as 2 buck memories you are missing out...

but I don't wanna die tryin, I admit....

ccmom
07-12-2011, 11:27 AM
When a ball is in the air its kind of like when a fire truck or police car is running code. People lose all thier common sense.

I kind of agree, but the home run derby incident was foolish long before the ball was hit. :dispntd:

Cam
07-12-2011, 12:54 PM
I used to shoot arrows straight up in the air at night and wait to hear the thump.......

RoyceTTU
07-12-2011, 01:00 PM
http://nbchardballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/keith-carmickle-2.jpg?w=610&h=405

http://nbchardballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/keith-carmickle-1.jpg?w=320

Roughneck93
07-12-2011, 01:02 PM
That first picture says it all. He was asking for disaster to happen and it almost did.:dispntd:

bobcat1
07-12-2011, 01:05 PM
Unbelievable

Emerson1
07-12-2011, 01:14 PM
I wonder why he is barefoot.

ronwx5x
07-12-2011, 01:23 PM
I wonder why he is barefoot.

Budweiser in 32 oz. cups.

Roughneck93
07-12-2011, 01:31 PM
Budweiser in 32 oz. cups.

Yes sir.:iagree:

Farmersfan
07-12-2011, 02:48 PM
no one goes to the ballgame sayin 'I will get a ball or die tryin'....

it is like all of us when we were young...."Oh I could do that" was what we thought about EVERYTHING...even jumpin wide creeks on a motorcycle....or building Evil Knievel ramps for jumpin bikes....or driving fast in HS and thinkin we were made of steel....

it just happens....

and they are not $2 balls....been to Walmart lately to find the cheapest of the good balls? they ain't 2 bucks...a game played ball while at a game with your son is a lifetime memory for you and the kid....if you measure those as 2 buck memories you are missing out...

but I don't wanna die tryin, I admit....

And of course we all know the memories won't be there without that game ball??????? So of course let's risk our lives to get those "Memories"!

eagles_victory
07-12-2011, 03:20 PM
There are way too many what I like to call " I was there guys" in America. You know the friend we all have who can't wait to tell you "I was there" when any sports story gets brought up that he or she was there for. I guess adding a caught ball (and alcoholism plays a role too) adds to their story telling down the road. For example "Remember Hamiltons walkoff versus the Tigers" friend responds "YEA I WAS THERE" in a voice tone that doesn't match the conversation. There are so many people out there looking for the slightest thing to brag about and I think they feel like catching a ball adds to that.

waterboy
07-12-2011, 04:14 PM
The stadium faculty is clamping down at the Ballpark. I was sitting on the front row, second deck (section 232) Sunday, and there was a little boy about 6 or 7-years-old that was constantly being told by a staff member "do not lean against the rail", or "get away from the rail", and "I don't want to have to tell you again." It's the first time I've seen that happen there, and it's about time, in my opinion.