PDA

View Full Version : 9/11 Shocker!

sinton66
09-11-2002, 04:01 PM
Wow, my mind is crumbling. Today of all days has gone awry in this area. An American Airlines plane enroute from Houston to Dallas, and then to Memphis was turned around and landed back at Bush Airport after some disturbance aboard. All we have heard is that the plane was boarded by the FBI and at least two people were removed from the plane under custody. On top of that, a bomb threat was called into Magnolia High School this morning, classes were assembled at the football stadium and then told to go home and do not return until advised to do so. We have unofficial reports that an "active" device was found. Even the local chamber of commerce is unable to get anything out of the local P.D. at this point. Hopefully this will turn out to be a "hoax", but the lack of info doesn't suggest that.
Man! There are enough crazies in this world, and they certainly don't need help from our own people! I simply shudder to think what might have happened had the "call" not been made. I'll let you know more when I do.

[This message has been edited by sinton66 (edited September 11, 2002).]

dodgegirl11
09-11-2002, 04:08 PM
WE HEARD ABOUT THE BOMB THREAT AND WERE WONDERING IF THERE WAS ANY TRUTH TO IT. GUESS THERE WAS. IT'S CRAZY!!! WHAT ARE PEOPLE THINKING? WILL YOU KEEP ME POSTED ON THE SITUATION OVER THERE IN MAGNOLIA?
THANKS

[This message has been edited by dodgegirl11 (edited September 11, 2002).]

Bulldog92
09-11-2002, 04:35 PM
I just read that the airline incident was a false alarm. They only found a comb. Keep us posted on the Magnolia situation. Here in Seattle, we've been keeping an eye on the Space Needle as it is a proven target of Al-Quada operatives. Hopefully the day will stay relatively quiet so that we can focus on remembering our fallen friends on the East Coast. I knew today was gonna be a surreal one, but it has been that and then some. Everyone stay safe....

eye of the tiger
09-11-2002, 04:48 PM
Keep us posted 66.

sinton66
09-11-2002, 06:06 PM
Update on the plane: flight attendants noticed odd behavior of two people one up front, one in back moving from seat to seat. Flight crew thought one had a knife. Notified Captain, he decided to return to Houston even though there was a sky marshal aboard. Both men were eventually released, the last one about 1/2 hour ago. Nothing more on the bomb threat yet.

sinton66
09-11-2002, 07:03 PM
There was absolutely nothing on the Houston news (NBC) about the bomb threat. Has anyone else heard anything?

[This message has been edited by sinton66 (edited September 11, 2002).]

eye of the tiger
09-11-2002, 08:19 PM
Nothing on the Dallas Ft Worth News either.

sinton66
09-11-2002, 09:25 PM
Holy hanna, what was that? Fox news reported a bomb scare at MHS after a custodian found a device in a hallway. No phone call. The device apparently wasn't armed, but demolition expert said the material was stuff that was "potentially dangerous", and that the bomb squad had conducted previous "experiments" on. Then they just said classes will resume tomorrow morning on schedule.