PDA

View Full Version : Off to Brownwood in the morning for the weekend....

Cam
07-08-2011, 10:40 AM
Taking my 11 yr. old son to compete in the two day 4H Outdoor Challenge. Will be representing Burnet County 4H. Is there still water in the lake? I'd like to sneak in some shoreline fishing if time permits.

Bosqueville
07-08-2011, 10:45 AM
You will be shocked at how low the lake is. It will be quite a walk to the water.

bwdlionfan
07-08-2011, 10:49 AM
Taking my 11 yr. old son to compete in the two day 4H Outdoor Challenge. Will be representing Burnet County 4H. Is there still water in the lake? I'd like to sneak in some shoreline fishing if time permits.

There is still some water, 47% full. I'm not sure if any public docks still have water under them... although I bet Kirkland's over by the dam would be the best shot if you want a dock to fish off of. Kirkland's charges a couple bucks per person.

Old LB
07-08-2011, 12:31 PM
http://www.brownwoodnews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5651:good-fishing-despite-low-lake-levels&catid=40:outdoors&Itemid=63

Here ya go Cam, might get lucky.

bwdlionfan
07-08-2011, 12:36 PM
http://www.brownwoodnews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5651:good-fishing-despite-low-lake-levels&catid=40:outdoors&Itemid=63

Here ya go Cam, might get lucky.

As the amount of water decreases, the fish have to get more concentrated, right?

LionKing
07-08-2011, 12:48 PM
Taking my 11 yr. old son to compete in the two day 4H Outdoor Challenge. Will be representing Burnet County 4H. Is there still water in the lake? I'd like to sneak in some shoreline fishing if time permits.I was on the lake over the 4th of July, the west side of the lake where the 4-H center is, is pretty low, as it is the more of the shallow part of the lake, however; there's still plenty of deep water for fishing and boating for about 2 thirds of what water is in the lake, I went out in my boat and was actually surprised I actually could still go most of the places I normally go anyways, with the exception of the hwy 279 bridge which is west of the 4-H center (lots of stumps sticking out of the water now), you should be able to go fishing either at or near the 4-H center.