Gsquared
07-08-2011, 10:01 AM
Have some of this just waitin for me to polish off. Good stuff

http://www.cajungrocer.com/images/Hog-Head-Cheese_D.jpg

nobogey72
07-08-2011, 10:59 AM
Have some of this just waitin for me to polish off. Good stuff

http://www.cajungrocer.com/images/Hog-Head-Cheese_D.jpg

It's especially good on a buiscit. And, it makes good trotline bait. It takes like chicken.

Gsquared
07-08-2011, 11:00 AM
It's especially good on a buiscit. And, it makes good trotline bait. It takes like chicken.
I eat on crackers, never had hog head cheese on a buiscit, bet it is good though!

nobogey72
07-08-2011, 11:25 AM
I eat on crackers, never had hog head cheese on a buiscit, bet it is good though!

Oh, it is good. Try mixin it in with some goose liver spread, and having a side of sardines, and a big ol glass of room temp buttermilk. mmmmgoood.

Gsquared
07-08-2011, 11:58 AM
Oh, it is good. Try mixin it in with some goose liver spread, and having a side of sardines, and a big ol glass of room temp buttermilk. mmmmgoood.
You lost me at Buttermilk

nobogey72
07-08-2011, 01:29 PM
You lost me at Buttermilk

????? What do you dip YOUR sardines in??

Old LB
07-08-2011, 01:32 PM

MUSTARD........what else?

Gsquared
07-08-2011, 01:34 PM
I dont dip em in anything. I get the top of the line Sardines at Dollar General, they are good enough to stand on thier own. I still have two cans left from the Dollar General in Henderson.

Phantom Stang
07-08-2011, 01:59 PM
This is some gourmet eat'n right here...

http://ihatemymessageboard.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/porkbrains1.jpg

nobogey72
07-08-2011, 02:13 PM
I dont dip em in anything. I get the top of the line Sardines at Dollar General, they are good enough to stand on thier own. I still have two cans left from the Dollar General in Henderson.

If you really want to get fancy you take a couple of cans of sardines and put em in the blender along with the horse head cheese and goose liver and blend it on high speed for a while. It kind of turns into a pinkish paste and is very good on waffles.

zebrablue2
07-08-2011, 06:46 PM
If you really want to get fancy you take a couple of cans of sardines and put em in the blender along with the horse head cheese and goose liver and blend it on high speed for a while. It kind of turns into a pinkish paste and is very good on waffles.

really good on a hot tortilla with some hot sauce a jalapeno!!!

bobcat1
07-08-2011, 08:13 PM
If you really want to get fancy you take a couple of cans of sardines and put em in the blender along with the horse head cheese and goose liver and blend it on high speed for a while. It kind of turns into a pinkish paste and is very good on waffles. I like it better on eggplant with hominy sprinkled over it along with beets. Don't forget to add pigsfeet for appetizers.

ExScoop
07-08-2011, 10:31 PM
Grew up on Hog Head's Cheese back in the 1950's and 60's-My grandfather made sausage with it at his store in Hungerford.Loved it with syrup and bread