coach
07-07-2011, 05:53 PM
Who's the better manager?

eagles_victory
07-07-2011, 06:09 PM
Who's the better manager? Wash... Johnny's dead

Roughneck93
07-07-2011, 06:09 PM
That's a tough one. Both are barely over .500 in their managerial careers. I think Oates was unjustly fired by the Orioles after the strike shortened season.Believe he had them going in the right direction. He did take the Rangers to three playoffappearances in six years.Ron of course led the Rangers to the WS. His first playoff appearance in four years with the club.Is it too early to tell? I don't know but I'll give Oates the slight advantage.

Roughneck93
07-07-2011, 06:10 PM
Wash... Johnny's deadLol! Got a point there.

eagles_victory
07-07-2011, 06:15 PM
Wash isnt the best x's and o's guy and his use of the bullpen can be downright frustrating. But the guys love to play for Ron Washington and you know a Ron Washington team is going to play hard and solid baseball. He fosters a great clubhouse and great team chemistry.

Roughneck93
07-07-2011, 06:22 PM
Wash isnt the best x's and o's guy and his use of the bullpen can be downright frustrating. But the guys love to play for Ron Washington and you know a Ron Washington team is going to play hard and solid baseball. He fosters a great clubhouse and great team chemistry.I agree with your take on Wash. I wouldn't have any problems playing for him. If he keeps the team in the playoffs as expected, he will end up as the best Rangers manager.

Snotbubbles
07-07-2011, 07:25 PM
Bobby V.

Tejastrue
07-08-2011, 01:22 PM
Pitching, Pitching, Pitching or the lack of and then Tom Hicks buying the team was the beginning of the end for Oates and the Ranger's short lived success. $252 million for A-Rod all but guaranteed the decline. One of the worst moves ever by a front office. Washington's support from present management and their committed focus on the team/farm system is a far better scenario than Oates ever had.
Oates brought that catcher (tough) mentality to the team yet could be a very humble person. I like Wash but I have to give my nod to Oates.