Old Tiger
07-07-2011, 02:04 PM
Mascot: Buckeye
Colors: Black and Orange
Enrollment: 628
Stadium: Buckeye Stadium
Capacity: 5,000
Surface: Field Turf
Stadium Address: N. Bradford St. @ Buffalo St.
Gilmer, TX 75644

Cam
07-07-2011, 02:11 PM
Mascot: Buckeye
Colors: Black and Orange
Enrollment: 628
Stadium: Buckeye Stadium
Capacity: 5,000
Surface: Field Turf
Stadium Address: N. Bradford St. @ Buffalo St.
Gilmer, TX 75644

Nice! What's with the secretive crap? This is about the team. Strengths? Weaknesses? Players to look forward to watching. I thought this was a football forum...hell, I'll just go back to jokin' around then.....the Downlow should be a better place to read about teams than Dave Campbell's Magazine...which was very disappointing this year in my opinion. DCTF concentrated on 5A you could tell....spit it out man!

MGAR
07-07-2011, 02:56 PM
Cam, you will love FNF. Good writing in lower classes..

Gilmer will be good no doubt. But I'm not to sure they will be better than last season.

waterboy
07-07-2011, 04:11 PM
Cam, you will love FNF. Good writing in lower classes..

Gilmer will be good no doubt. But I'm not to sure they will be better than last season.
I think Gilmer will be better than last year. They were decimated with injuries and turnovers last year, and with another year of experience at the QB position, Luke Turner will be running the offense like a well-oiled machine. The question mark for me is the defense. The defense took some heavy hits due to graduation. I do know they will have more speed and a little more size this season than last.

buckeyebob
07-08-2011, 11:47 AM
I want to see how they perform in College Station next week. It appears to me to be an "as usual" team....no big names, no big size, probably lucky to make the playoffs, then again, same boat with 2004 & 2009 team...what a pleasure. Still a little early for me...waiting for 2 A Days!!

MGAR
07-08-2011, 12:18 PM
No big names?... Didn't two guys commit to Rice a few weeks ago?

lol Both 04 and 09 Gilmer teams had big names..

Astrosdawg07
07-09-2011, 04:13 PM

Yea one of those '04 guys is employed by the Dallas Cowboys.

buckeyebob
07-12-2011, 12:53 AM

Yea one of those '04 guys is employed by the Dallas Cowboys.

'09 had the respect...like Brownwood, we were picked #1 by virtually everone from the get-go...only we finished 16-0 perfect season.

'04...we were picked to finish 3rd in district play and picked to loose every playoff game including State Championship. That year, Traylor took our Big Time Defensive Back and made him quarterback...what an idiot...I had to admit I was wrong with a perfect 16-0 season. Manual Johnson went on to be the Go-To receiver at OU & is now with the Cowboys. What a ride it was.

If we had any Rice commits, it slipped past me...I will have to check it out.

buckeyebob
07-14-2011, 05:13 AM
'09 had the respect...like Brownwood, we were picked #1 by virtually everone from the get-go...only we finished 16-0 perfect season.

'04...we were picked to finish 3rd in district play and picked to loose every playoff game including State Championship. That year, Traylor took our Big Time Defensive Back and made him quarterback...what an idiot...I had to admit I was wrong with a perfect 16-0 season. Manual Johnson went on to be the Go-To receiver at OU & is now with the Cowboys. What a ride it was.

If we had any Rice commits, it slipped past me...I will have to check it out.

Update: Turner, QB, has verbally commited to Rice...no word on a second one...will get the scoop as we are on the way to College Station today

poisoned10
07-14-2011, 02:40 PM
Update: Turner, QB, has verbally commited to Rice...no word on a second one...will get the scoop as we are on the way to College Station today

Luke Turner and Darian Pollard both committed to Rice.