PDA

View Full Version : This is my 5th day without....

Ranger Mom
07-06-2011, 07:11 PM
CABLE!!!!!!:mad:

It went out Saturday afternoon, the cable company was closed until Thursday...and I sent an email Saturday, but didn't call the "emergency" number, so they didn't even get my email until yesterday.

They have tried to locate the problem for 2 days now and can't find it. We are the ONLY one on this 12 mile stretch of road that uses them, so we are the only ones affected.

We have watched almost everything we have TIVO'ed....Thank goodness for Netflix...at least the internet is still working so I can stream some movies straight to my TV!!!

I followed the Casey Anthony case all the way up til Saturday...haven't got to watch a single bit of footage on it since then, other that what was streaming live on the computer during the trial.

I didn't think I was a big TV watcher.....but I hate not having that option. I listen to Good Morning America every morning while getting ready for work.....I haven't heard any news this week...I feel so out of the loop now!!!:crying:

bobcat4life
07-06-2011, 07:13 PM
Did you pay the bill?

Ranger Mom
07-06-2011, 07:16 PM
Did you pay the bill?

If I didn't, I don't see them being out here for 2 days with a backhoe!! They are going to try and give us a "quick fix" tomorrow. They are planning on running fiber optics up to our house. I love this cable company....everyone around us has gone to DirectTV or Dish, but I prefer to stay local if at all possible. To thank us for that....they give us all the cable channels for free. They are also outfitting us with the fiber optics for free too.

Anytime I have had a problem with my cable or internet, they are out here immediately....awesome customer service!!!

bobcat1
07-06-2011, 07:34 PM
If I didn't, I don't see them being out here for 2 days with a backhoe!! They are going to try and give us a "quick fix" tomorrow. They are planning on running fiber optics up to our house. I love this cable company....everyone around us has gone to DirectTV or Dish, but I prefer to stay local if at all possible. To thank us for that....they give us all the cable channels for free. They are also outfitting us with the fiber optics for free too.

Anytime I have had a problem with my cable or internet, they are out here immediately....awesome customer service!!!That's awesome service. You can't get that with Dish I know for a fact.

ExScoop
07-06-2011, 08:33 PM
That's awesome service. You can't get that with Dish I know for a fact.

I've been a satisfied DirecTV customer for over 11 years now-I would never switch to Dish Network unless it was for free and that will never happen.
We pay almost $80 for now with three receivers with two being for HD. We have the choice plus package wihout any of the movie options linke Cinemax or HBO

We don't have cable since we live way out here in the sticks. A long time ago when I lived in this house as a kid we only had a outdoor antena and reception from Houston channels was not that great- We finally upgraded to an expensive anteana

Ranger Mom
07-06-2011, 08:54 PM
We don't have any kind of cable box. We have cable to all 8 TV's in the house, and I pay $45 for that. Since there are no boxes, I had to buy 2 TIVO systems from TIVO so we could have some kind of DVR. I have that on my living room TV and the one in our bedroom. Even with the monthly charge for TIVO, I still don't pay anywhere near what my dad or my brother pay for DirectTV or Dish......but, they also get a few more channels than we do. I am still satisfied for what I get for $45 bucks a month!!

Old LB
07-06-2011, 08:58 PM
We don't have any kind of cable box. We have cable to all 8 TV's in the house, and I pay $45 for that. Since there are no boxes, I had to buy 2 TIVO systems from TIVO so we could have some kind of DVR. I have that on my living room TV and the one in our bedroom. Even with the monthly charge for TIVO, I still don't pay anywhere near what my dad or my brother pay for DirectTV or Dish......but, they also get a few more channels than we do. I am still satisfied for what I get for $45 bucks a month!!

8 TV's!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Old LB
07-06-2011, 09:03 PM
My mom has gotten hearing aids over the last year and I was visiting her this weekend, she bought a device that hooks up to her TV and will wirelessly play over her hearing aids. She says she can wonder the whole house and still hear whatever is on.

Ranger Mom
07-06-2011, 09:08 PM
8 TV's!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

I know....isn't that ridiculous?? A TV in each of 5 bedrooms, one in the living room, one in kitchen and one in my bathroom!!:)

bwdlionfan
07-06-2011, 09:31 PM
I have been with DirectTv for 23 months now (can't wait for one more month when I can look at other options). From day 1 I have been irritated with them. For starters, they didn't give me or my brother in law the $100 credit we were both supposed to get for him referring me. Second, they came out when I wasn't home and installed a second dish on my roof for some stupid reason so now I have two direct TV dishes. The bad thing is 2 years ago when I bought this house, the cable companies said their lines stopped 4 houses down from me so I had to get satellite. I'd love to have the option of cable.

Old LB
07-06-2011, 09:42 PM
I have been with DirectTv for 23 months now (can't wait for one more month when I can look at other options). From day 1 I have been irritated with them. For starters, they didn't give me or my brother in law the $100 credit we were both supposed to get for him referring me. Second, they came out when I wasn't home and installed a second dish on my roof for some stupid reason so now I have two direct TV dishes. The bad thing is 2 years ago when I bought this house, the cable companies said their lines stopped 4 houses down from me so I had to get satellite. I'd love to have the option of cable.

The second dish is so you can get the local channels ABC, NBC, CBS. I switched from Direct to DISH, we don't have any other options, I like DISH better.

nobogey72
07-07-2011, 10:14 AM
CABLE!!!!!!:mad:

It went out Saturday afternoon, the cable company was closed until Thursday...and I sent an email Saturday, but didn't call the "emergency" number, so they didn't even get my email until yesterday.

They have tried to locate the problem for 2 days now and can't find it. We are the ONLY one on this 12 mile stretch of road that uses them, so we are the only ones affected.

We have watched almost everything we have TIVO'ed....Thank goodness for Netflix...at least the internet is still working so I can stream some movies straight to my TV!!!

I followed the Casey Anthony case all the way up til Saturday...haven't got to watch a single bit of footage on it since then, other that what was streaming live on the computer during the trial.

I didn't think I was a big TV watcher.....but I hate not having that option. I listen to Good Morning America every morning while getting ready for work.....I haven't heard any news this week...I feel so out of the loop now!!!:crying:

Since you haven't seen the news in a while, the big news is that Brownwood boosters are saying that their 2011 team is gonna be good. Rocket opened up a new store that sells mostly "blow-up dolls" and all kinds of hair care products and skin lotions. Their most popular and best selling doll is one that is dressed in a maroon bikini but has a mustache, and a whistle around her neck.

BEAST
07-07-2011, 10:22 AM
Since you haven't seen the news in a while, the big news is that Brownwood boosters are saying that their 2011 team is gonna be good. Rocket opened up a new store that sells mostly "blow-up dolls" and all kinds of hair care products and skin lotions. Their most popular and best selling doll is one that is dressed in a maroon bikini but has a mustache, and a whistle around her neck.

And you know these things because you are the #1 customer. In fact, the strore ran out of the blow up dolls because of you. Now there is a limit of 3 per person.

BEAST

nobogey72
07-07-2011, 10:32 AM
And you know these things because you are the #1 customer. In fact, the strore ran out of the blow up dolls because of you. Now there is a limit of 3 per person.

BEAST

Yeah, that's true but I bought them for some "lonely" Brownwood friends. Did your's finally get there? You told me you'd let me know but I haven't heard from you. Your's was the "Siamese Sisters' wasn't it? That's pretty sick Beast!!!But tell me you at least blind-fold one while you're "getting to know' the other.

BEAST
07-07-2011, 10:38 AM
Yeah, that's true but I bought them for some "lonely" Brownwood friends. Did your's finally get there? You told me you'd let me know but I haven't heard from you. Your's was the "Siamese Sisters' wasn't it? That's pretty sick Beast!!!But tell me you at least blind-fold one while you're "getting to know' the other.

Yea, I got it. And, no blindfold here. I made her watch. :ack!:

BEAST

BwdLion73
07-07-2011, 10:47 AM
I hear they dont call him Beast for nothing.

P.S. Do you stock patch kits?

Cam
07-07-2011, 11:05 AM
I know....isn't that ridiculous?? A TV in each of 5 bedrooms, one in the living room, one in kitchen and one in my bathroom!!:)

one in the crapper is bad.....too much sittin' and them roids start a developin'....just sayin'....pos yo no se....

ccmom
07-07-2011, 11:11 AM

I love my tv in my bathroom. I have it mounted just at the right angle, so that I can watch tv, or turn on a music channel and soak in the tub...with a glass of wine, of course!!:thumbsup:

BEAST
07-07-2011, 11:12 AM
I hear they dont call him Beast for nothing.

P.S. Do you stock patch kits?

Multiple patch kits. LOL!

BEAST

Ranger Mom
07-07-2011, 11:14 AM
one in the crapper is bad.....too much sittin' and them roids start a developin'....just sayin'....pos yo no se....

My potty room is in it's own separate room. The TV just sits on the vanity where I can watch it in the morning.....although, as soon as I redo the tile in my bathroom it will hang on the wall above my bathtub so I can lay in the tub and watch it!! :)

BaseballUmp
07-07-2011, 11:21 AM
My potty room is in it's own separate room. The TV just sits on the vanity where I can watch it in the morning.....although, as soon as I redo the tile in my bathroom it will hang on the wall above my bathtub so I can lay in the tub and watch it!! :)

Mount it well lol

Cam
07-07-2011, 11:22 AM

dang...you sound sooo spoiled!....no wonder them terrorists wanna blow us up!....all they can do is sun bathe in a hot tub of sand....it's pure jealously I tell ya....

Old Tiger
07-07-2011, 11:26 AM
Sucks that you had to miss Franklin & Bash.

nobogey72
07-07-2011, 11:28 AM
Mount it well lol

That's what SHE said!!!!

Buckeye1980
07-07-2011, 12:12 PM
The second dish is so you can get the local channels ABC, NBC, CBS. I switched from Direct to DISH, we don't have any other options, I like DISH better.

I have had directv for over 3 years and I get local channels and HD all from one dish. The second dish may have been put up because a different dish is needed for HD. Service can be from one dish but they do not take old ones down. I have gotten the $100 referral credit six different times. Some people do not notice it because it is done at $10 a month for ten months. At one time I was getting $50 a month off on referrals.