PDA

View Full Version : new head baseball coach at gonzales

maestro
07-06-2011, 09:37 AM
we're seeing lots of these type posts. so figured i'd throw this one in also.

gonzales got a solid football guy and a baseball guy that will be dedicated to seeing the apaches fight for respectability in baseball.

HawkEye
07-06-2011, 09:40 AM
Are you saying they got one? or need one?

Where did Coach Wink go?

XMan
07-06-2011, 10:08 AM
Are you saying they got one? or need one?

Where did Coach Wink go?

Im sure relieved that they were able to find someone with a good football background. It will really help him with player development, bunt coverages, and teaching the fundamentals of baseball. Good luck to the Apaches and sad to see Wink leave. Once a Shiner Clipper, always a Shiner Clipper.

7 on 7= Legalized cheating

maestro
07-06-2011, 10:34 AM
xman

are you saying that it is not possible to be a great football coach and an outstanding baseball coach?

i was fortunate to work around a baseball coach for close to 30 years that was one of the best running back/offensive coord. i've ever seen. and in later years became a good solid press box defensive alignment coach.

i've also had close friends who were labeled football only guys by some even though they took basketball teams to regional tournaments. sadly, some of them were denied 5a coaching interviews because they were considered " too football".

just off the top of my head...bellville and rice consol. both have football/baseball and football/hoops guys that get their teams into the playoffs.

if you are going to have a solid coaching staff, it is sadly going to take guys that can handle friday nights. does not mean that they ignore their spring sports.

bigcat8
07-06-2011, 11:47 AM
If you are talking about Wuthrich, he is just a good coach period. He loves baseball and also does a good job coaching football! He has a tremendous work ethic...he will do a great job for Gonzales! Congrats to Coach Wuthrich!!

warpath
07-06-2011, 11:53 AM
Coach Wink took a teaching job at Shiner High School . He is a devout family man and wanted to spend more time wife his wife and children. Everyone respects that decision. Coach Wink was always loyal and dedicated to GISD. He will certainly be missed. Coach Wuthrich was named head baseball coach and has those same qualities! Good luck to both men!

HawkEye
07-06-2011, 02:44 PM
Coach Wuthrich is a good man. He ran a solid program when he was in Elgin.
God bless Coach Wink for putting family first.

Snotbubbles
07-07-2011, 10:00 AM
Great move Coach Wink. Your an awesome Coach and man and I'm 100% sure we'll see you on the diamond again soon.

Lombardi
07-07-2011, 10:30 AM
Known Wuthrich a long time... Great deal for the Apaches... Wuthrich knows a ton a baseball!!! Congrats Larry!