PDA

View Full Version : here's my obligatory casey anthony thread

Saggy Aggie
07-05-2011, 07:17 PM
Just 1 question: How do you get away with not reporting a child missing for 31 days? I feel like that should be a crime in itself.

Ranger Mom
07-05-2011, 07:20 PM
Just 1 question: How do you get away with not reporting a child missing for 31 days? I feel like that should be a crime in itself.

I guess you move to Florida!! IMO, that should have been aggravated child abuse right there!!

44INAROW
07-05-2011, 07:38 PM
I totally agree Saggie - that and the fact she was partying - in the days when Caylee was supposedly "missing" just can't wrap my head around all that.. I didn't follow the case too closely - but where is Caylee's father in all this?

Sweetwater Red
07-05-2011, 07:47 PM
JMO

I haven't followed this trial at all. The local folks around here are still wondering what happened to Hayley Dunn and what is going to become of the Angel trial.

As far as the Anthony trial, I'm not a deeply religous person. But, my facebook page blew up when the verdict was announced and ASUFrisbeeStud and theDoctordre had the best posts on their status'. Both of them are level headed. Unlike most that want to burn Anthony at the stake.

BaseballUmp
07-05-2011, 07:49 PM
I totally agree Saggie - that and the fact she was partying - in the days when Caylee was supposedly "missing" just can't wrap my head around all that.. I didn't follow the case too closely - but where is Caylee's father in all this?

They don't know who the father is

44INAROW
07-05-2011, 09:01 PM
figures.............. :twitch:

Ernest T Bass
07-05-2011, 09:42 PM
A few facts are coming to light. There was one prospective juror who said during the voir dire "I don't like to judge people while others are talking about them". When the prosecution tried to scratch her, the judge wouldn't allow it.
Im thinking that the jurors were tired and just wanted to go home. A guilty verdict would have kept them there another 2 weeks or more. So, they decided to let her walk so they could go home.

zebrablue2
07-05-2011, 09:51 PM
31 days deserves 31 yrs in the clink! i would panic if mine was missing in 31 seconds, but 31 days is just SICK!!!

Txbroadcaster
07-05-2011, 11:41 PM
A few facts are coming to light. There was one prospective juror who said during the voir dire "I don't like to judge people while others are talking about them". When the prosecution tried to scratch her, the judge wouldn't allow it.
Im thinking that the jurors were tired and just wanted to go home. A guilty verdict would have kept them there another 2 weeks or more. So, they decided to let her walk so they could go home.

ehh..that is a stretch to say all 12 were just tired and ready to go home..now if they had deliberated for 2 weeks or something I could see that..but it was 10 hours which is very short for a case like this.

eagles_victory
07-06-2011, 12:40 AM
ehh..that is a stretch to say all 12 were just tired and ready to go home..now if they had deliberated for 2 weeks or something I could see that..but it was 10 hours which is very short for a case like this. Hes back...

Txbroadcaster
07-06-2011, 06:35 AM
Hes back...

never went anywhere..and look who is becoming the FF jr of the board...so cute

LH_Tuff
07-06-2011, 11:08 AM

Casey actually did name a father a couple years a go. But she said he had died in a car wreck, or something like that. Of course, consider the source.

LH_Tuff
07-06-2011, 11:11 AM

I'm with you on this one ETB. I think they just wanted to get home. As far as the question about why she was not guilty of abuse - There was no evidence of abuse (sadly). Abuse is well defined. The State screwed up. They should have charged her with Child Neglect. If they would have done that, I don't think she would be walking out of that courthouse tomorrow.

95mustang
07-06-2011, 11:38 AM
This is my only post on the subject and I don't know if this has been said already or not. I am sick at the verdict, but I do not blame the jurors. This falls soley on the shoulders of the prosecution and their inability to prove their case. The prosecution left the door open for reasonable doubt and in America when their is reasonable doubt you see the results.