PDA

View Full Version : Brownwood vs. FW All Saints

Matthew328
07-05-2011, 04:30 PM
Is this game going to be on 9/30 in Brownwood?? I'm seeing a schedule showing where Mason and Olney are supposed to play in Brownwood that same week but obviously it won't be Friday night if the Lions are playing....anyone down in Brownwood land know where this game will be?

BEAST
07-05-2011, 04:45 PM
Is this game going to be on 9/30 in Brownwood?? I'm seeing a schedule showing where Mason and Olney are supposed to play in Brownwood that same week but obviously it won't be Friday night if the Lions are playing....anyone down in Brownwood land know where this game will be?

I dont have a schedule yet but last year we played them on Thursday. So, who knows, maybe we play them on Thursday again?

BEAST

bwdlionfan
07-06-2011, 12:31 AM

I wonder if that will be the weekend of the Gordon Wood Classic. There may be a handful of games. I think last year or the year before there were only two games, but in some years there have been four games (Thursday through Saturday). I doubt we'll play them on Thursday again, but who knows.

Bosqueville
07-06-2011, 08:11 AM
The game is on Friday night at 7:30.

RoyceTTU
07-06-2011, 08:16 AM
The game is on Friday night at 7:30.

The brownwood game is. It is Homecoming.

Mason vs. Olney is probably Saturday or it's a misprint and should be in Early next to the Whataburger.

hollywood
09-30-2011, 02:14 PM
Brownwood will hopefully have a few players back.

garciap77
09-30-2011, 04:12 PM
The brownwood game is. It is Homecoming.

Mason vs. Olney is probably Saturday or it's a misprint and should be in Early next to the Whataburger.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Tin Cup
09-30-2011, 07:41 PM
17-0 Saints

Brownwood has 3 turnovers, 2 on kickoffs...LOL WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Saints driving again!!!

Now 24-0

Tin Cup
09-30-2011, 07:48 PM
Make that 4 turnovers...

Yeehaw!!!

SintonFan
09-30-2011, 07:50 PM
17-0 Saints

Brownwood has 3 turnovers, 2 on kickoffs...LOL WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Saints driving again!!!

Now 24-0

Crazy! :eek:

LH Panther Mom
09-30-2011, 07:52 PM
24-0 now :eek:

BullBoy
09-30-2011, 08:26 PM
:eek:

WoW I thought Brownwood would dominate All Saints..

Tin Cup
09-30-2011, 08:29 PM
All Saints is good and we are banged up badly. our 2393 turnovers in the 1st Q havent helped

38-8 at the half

99IHSMustang
09-30-2011, 08:32 PM
All Saints is good and we are banged up badly. our 2393 turnovers in the 1st Q havent helped

That is no bueno

RoyceTTU
09-30-2011, 08:43 PM
Tj the all saints qb is as advertised. Absolute stud. Patient, perfect reads, and better passes. I see why he is a d1 pick.

BullBoy
09-30-2011, 09:12 PM
Tj the all saints qb is as advertised. Absolute stud. Patient, perfect reads, and better passes. I see why he is a d1 pick.

Is he the same one from last years All Saints team?

garciap77
09-30-2011, 09:43 PM

38-8 at the half

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

SintonFan
09-30-2011, 09:45 PM
That is no bueno

Have you tried Taco Bueno? I find that their fajitas are superior to Taco Bell.

bobcat1
09-30-2011, 10:15 PM
Ouch! That'll leave a mark!

Pendragon13
09-30-2011, 10:36 PM
wow :eek:

garciap77
09-30-2011, 10:40 PM
What was the final score?

95mustang
09-30-2011, 10:48 PM
38-15

LionFan72
09-30-2011, 10:48 PM
What was the final score?
38-15 All Saints, and it could've been 85-15 just as easy. Brownwood is banged up, and beat down. Very disappointing showing. Lost two turnovers before we ran 1 play, and fumbled that one. Lots of starters on the sidelines with injuries, but that is not a good excuse. We just did not play, were not ready to play. Not taking a thing away from All Saints, they have a very good team and exceptional QB. No excuses, we got our tails whipped!

95mustang
09-30-2011, 10:52 PM
This All Saints team is good. Their QB is outstanding. He was a man among boys tonight (both ability and size). Big kid

garciap77
09-30-2011, 10:54 PM
38-15 All Saints, and it could've been 85-15 just as easy. Brownwood is banged up, and beat down. Very disappointing showing. Lost two turnovers before we ran 1 play, and fumbled that one. Lots of starters on the sidelines with injuries, but that is not a good excuse. We just did not play, were not ready to play. Not taking a thing away from All Saints, they have a very good team and exceptional QB. No excuses, we got our tails whipped!

I hope you guys get better for district. It's going to be a toss-up in our district as to who the top three are going to be.

LionFan72
09-30-2011, 10:57 PM
I hope you guys get better for district. It's going to be a toss-up in our district as to who the top three are going to be.

I think the injury bug has slammed Wylie and Brownwood pretty hard, and we are struggling to find a cohesive unit. Should be better for district, but looking like it may be a real toss up for the final 3.

TheDOCTORdre
10-01-2011, 12:51 AM
It's going to be a toss-up in our district as to who the top three are going to be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DAgxGXWqZU

Emerson1
10-01-2011, 02:15 AM
Brownwood needs a new trainer or to get their young ones to drink some more milk. This is now two years in 3A where they were terrible because they lost half of the team to injuries.

bwdlionfan
10-01-2011, 07:21 AM

I agree, they could have put up as many points as they had wanted. Not to take anything away from All Saints, but our offense was vanilla before the QB got hurt, now it's elementary. I felt like we only had about 5 different plays last night (I know it was more than that, but it just seemed like we kept doing the same thing over and over). We also had turnovers over and over. All Saints had underneath routes open all night long, I really only remember seeing the All Saints QB throw deep once, he didn't have to, but geeze he was accurate on all that short stuff over the middle. I thought we had 3 first quarter turnovers, the radio said we had 4, and I didn't hear but someone told me 6 for the game. I don't care who we're playing, Big Spring (0-6) will beat us next week if we give them 6 turnovers.

bwdlionfan
10-01-2011, 08:33 AM
I agree, they could have put up as many points as they had wanted. Not to take anything away from All Saints, but our offense was vanilla before the QB got hurt, now it's elementary. I felt like we only had about 5 different plays last night (I know it was more than that, but it just seemed like we kept doing the same thing over and over). We also had turnovers over and over. All Saints had underneath routes open all night long, I really only remember seeing the All Saints QB throw deep once, he didn't have to, but geeze he was accurate on all that short stuff over the middle. I thought we had 3 first quarter turnovers, the radio said we had 4, and I didn't hear but someone told me 6 for the game. I don't care who we're playing, Big Spring (0-6) will beat us next week if we give them 6 turnovers.

Too late to edit the above, but the newspaper confirmed we had 4 turnovers, not the 6 I heard from someone. I really lost count once it got going. Do pooch kicks that are recovered by the opposing team count as a turnover if the receiving team never even touches the ball?

95mustang
10-01-2011, 08:38 AM
Brownwood needs a new trainer or to get their young ones to drink some more milk. This is now two years in 3A where they were terrible because they lost half of the team to injuries.

I wouldn't call us terrible yet. We have lost 2 games to 2 very good games. What other year would you be refering to? The last 2 years we were plenty good. The first year well that was a disaster, but I don't recall injuries playing a major roll in that one. That was more of having a potent O and a not so potent D (had to state it nicely).

garciap77
10-01-2011, 09:04 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DAgxGXWqZU

:wave: Yes! Sweetwater has a very good chance of making the playoffs! :wave:

wimbo_pro
10-01-2011, 09:18 AM
Well...hang in there guys. We all go through this at one time or another. It's high school ball after all! Wimberley is probably going through it next year and the year after with so many graduating. There is always "satisfaction" for some when they see a perinnial power house do terribly, but this is beyond that. I hope the injured heal quickly!

hollywood
10-01-2011, 09:45 AM
Well...hang in there guys. We all go through this at one time or another. It's high school ball after all! Wimberley is probably going through it next year and the year after with so many graduating. There is always "satisfaction" for some when they see a perinnial power house do terribly, but this is beyond that. I hope the injured heal quickly!

Thanks Wimbo! It's not pretty but we have faith it's going to get better. We experienced this same scenario back when I played so I know exactly what these kids and coaches are going through. Injuries and shallow roster don't mix well.

LionFan72
10-01-2011, 09:46 AM
Don't count the Lions as out yet boys, yes, we are way down from last year as a comparative, but we still will compete with the best of them. We had a horrible game against All Saints, turnovers and a lot of young talent filling in on both sides of the ball against a very talented D1 QB that picked us apart. Just from observation if All Saints was in 5-3A, they would probably end up as Reg 1 representative.

We are reloading, just a couple misfires along with injuries have slowed progress.

LionFan72
10-01-2011, 09:48 AM
:wave: Yes! Sweetwater has a very good chance of making the playoffs! :wave:

Wylie gonna stay HOME??

slingshot
10-01-2011, 09:56 AM
Wylie gonna stay HOME??

No... But good chance BWD will.

LionFan72
10-01-2011, 10:21 AM
Same good chance Wylie will. Why we line up and play'em.

Pendragon13
10-01-2011, 10:25 AM
Wylie gonna stay HOME??Not unless Tannehill discovers he has an extra year of eligibility at Big Spring and decides to abandon the Aggies.. ;)

And yes, I'm one of those people who think the D1/D2, 3 teams from each district thing waters down the playoffs..

LionFan72
10-01-2011, 10:31 AM
Not unless Tannehill discovers he has an extra year of eligibility at Big Spring and decides to abandon the Aggies.. ;)

And yes, I'm one of those people who think the D1/D2, 3 teams from each district thing waters down the playoffs..

Totally onboard with ya there!

LIONS#1
10-01-2011, 10:38 AM
Well we would have got our azz handed to us with no turnovers this game..I think I heard that several JV players were in the game at one pont. Well we got a long row to hoe to get ready for district play. Last night wasn't a purdy game at all. I heard that most of the teams in our district looked real bad last night...Oh Well we still love our guys!!! and will be pullin for them the rest of the way no matter what!!:1popcorn: Gotta love football season!!:wave:

Black_Magic
10-01-2011, 10:47 AM
Well we would have got our azz handed to us with no turnovers this game..I think I heard that several JV players were in the game at one pont. Well we got a long row to hoe to get ready for district play. Last night wasn't a purdy game at all. I heard that most of the teams in our district looked real bad last night...Oh Well we still love our guys!!! and will be pullin for them the rest of the way no matter what!!:1popcorn: Gotta love football season!!:wave:

This does not sound like the brownwood posters at all..:thinking: whats up fellas? Where is the confident attitudes.. Surely Brownwood can beat all these "Mediocre" programs left on the schedule...:kiss:

wimbo_pro
10-01-2011, 10:59 AM
This does not sound like the brownwood posters at all..:thinking: whats up fellas? Where is the confident attitudes.. Surely Brownwood can beat all these "Mediocre" programs left on the schedule...:kiss:

Now now, Blackmagic. It's written in Man Code that "Thy shall not rag on a team or a fan of said team when they are down"...unless they deserve it. I havent seen any of these BW posters "deserve it". Play nice!

Black_Magic
10-01-2011, 11:06 AM
. I havent seen any of these BW posters "deserve it". Play nice!
Rag on them?? nah.. Im just saying this does not sound like the same folks is all..

LionFan72
10-01-2011, 11:52 AM
Rag on them?? nah.. Im just saying this does not sound like the same folks is all..

What, when we are good, you throw a fit cause we tell you we are good, and when we are reloading, you can't stand yourself for trying to look down the barrel!

Guess the simple definition is you just can't handle success as you have not had any. Since Snyder got handed their loss via Monahans, kinda shook the confidence of you Snyder posters too. Just sayin, you got two weeks to get ready, we will line up and see what gives.

Black_Magic
10-03-2011, 07:59 AM
What, when we are good, you throw a fit cause we tell you we are good, and when we are reloading, you can't stand yourself for trying to look down the barrel!

Guess the simple definition is you just can't handle success as you have not had any. Since Snyder got handed their loss via Monahans, kinda shook the confidence of you Snyder posters too. Just sayin, you got two weeks to get ready, we will line up and see what gives.
Still dont know what your talking about in regards to snyder. I dont remember any statements by snyder posters before, or after ANY game this year that says one way or another. As for two weeks for now, A "Mediocre Program" like Snyder as rocket put it just hopes to go to Browndwood to make it a close game. Snyders 2 Semifinal and 4 quarterfinal apearances in the last 7 years is not much in comparison to yours in the same period of time but they will still show up and try anyway.

Old LB
10-03-2011, 10:57 AM
Braxton Kilgo scored at the end of the game thanks to an Ontrivos interception, bear in mind both these kids are sophmores. Crow and Stephens should be back next week and with these younger kids getting playing time they will contribute as well. As bad as it may have looked Friday, there is still a capable team in Brownwood, just have to bring it all together for district and beyond. Our leading tackler did not play Friday either and I expect him back out there soon.

Old Tiger
10-03-2011, 10:58 AM
Is the QB that good or is the Bwood secondary mixed with lack of pass rush not that good?

BEAST
10-03-2011, 11:05 AM
Is the QB that good or is the Bwood secondary mixed with lack of pass rush not that good?

That Qb is very, very good. 6'3" 230lbs and a rifle arm.

BEAST

Old Tiger
10-03-2011, 11:07 AM
That Qb is very, very good. 6'3" 230lbs and a rifle arm.

BEASTWell then my guess would be a combination of his skills with the lack of good pass D and pass rush.

jason
10-03-2011, 11:10 AM

3 star recruit headed to arizona state

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-TJ-Millweard-122988

LionFan72
10-03-2011, 03:51 PM
Still dont know what your talking about in regards to snyder. I dont remember any statements by snyder posters before, or after ANY game this year that says one way or another. As for two weeks for now, A "Mediocre Program" like Snyder as rocket put it just hopes to go to Browndwood to make it a close game. Snyders 2 Semifinal and 4 quarterfinal apearances in the last 7 years is not much in comparison to yours in the same period of time but they will still show up and try anyway.

Have to agree there, been pretty quite on Snyder homefront after Monahans. I do not have a problem with Snyder, just you taking your cheap underhand shots. Don't worry, we will line up what we have, and play you a game! You win, I'll pull for Snyder to win State, we win, dont give a damn if you support us or not!

pirate4state
10-03-2011, 04:26 PM
This does not sound like the brownwood posters at all..:thinking: whats up fellas? Where is the confident attitudes.. Surely Brownwood can beat all these "Mediocre" programs left on the schedule...:kiss: Well not all Synder posters spout off like you do either...thank God for that!

I like Lions#1 post...nothing wrong with keeping it real! :clap: