mwynn05
07-05-2011, 01:26 PM
im so mad right now.... HOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! it was so obvious

Txbroadcaster
there was no real evidence so IMO not real shocking

Ernest T Bass
Well, damned if that don't ruin a man's confidence in his ability to prognosticate.

BEAST
07-05-2011, 01:32 PM

If it was an accident, why make it look like a murder??

BEAST

OldNavy
07-05-2011, 01:34 PM

That dead two year old seemed like pretty real evidence to me. What plausable explanation was there for her death and her mother's behavior?

Txbroadcaster
07-05-2011, 01:34 PM
Not disagreeing at all beast..I think she did it..but without evidence not alot can be done. I would rather this happen than a Juror go on assumption and find someone guilty without evidence

Txbroadcaster
07-05-2011, 01:35 PM
That dead two year old seemed like pretty real evidence to me. What plausable explanation was there for her death and her mother's behavior?

again..No 100% fool proof evidence could point to Her doing..I dont want anyone thinking I am defending her..I am defending the system

The fact it only took the Jury all of 10 hours showed it was pretty simple..no real evidence means the Prosecution did not prove their case beyond a shadow of a doubt

eagles_victory
07-05-2011, 01:36 PM
again..No 100% fool proof evidence could point to Her doing..I dont want anyone thinking I am defending her..I am defending the system

The fact it only took the Jury all of 10 hours showed it was pretty simple..no real evidence means the Prosecution did not prove their case beyond a shadow of a doubt GTFOH your devils adovocate attiude is annoying enough when it comes to sports but right now it is just stupid.

Ernest T Bass
07-05-2011, 01:37 PM
This is like the Scott Peterson case from a few years ago. Lots of circumstancial evidence, but nothing solid. They just proved that she's a bad mother and a liar. No crime against any of those. All they proved before was that Scott Peterson cheated on his wife. No law against that either. But, it helps being a pretty young caucasian girl.

WildTexan972
07-05-2011, 01:39 PM
I think she did it....but "Not Guilty" does not mean she did not...it means they did not prove she did it so she gets off....

OJ did it and we all KNOW he did it but his lawyers got him off....this time the Prosecution had little but smells and a party broad to say she did it....and a daddy that helped her get out of it that told a gf on the side he helped her but he won't get in much trouble either for a child diein

Txbroadcaster
07-05-2011, 01:41 PM
GTFOH your devils adovocate attiude is annoying enough when it comes to sports but right now it is just stupid.

Not devil's advocate EV..Prosecution is supposed to provide REAL evidence, not alot of theories and what could have happen..that is why Prosecuters hate going to trial with nothing but Circumstantial evidence and try not to..the fact is they could not tie down anything concrete to prosecute

Phil C
07-05-2011, 01:45 PM
The jury must have had reasoable doubt. Too bad as she will now probably become wealthy even though not popular maybe.

BaseballUmp
07-05-2011, 01:47 PM
The jury must have had reasoable doubt. Too bad as she will now probably become wealthy even though not popular maybe.

I agree, she will more than likely become rich because of this. Book deals, lifetime movie, appearance fee's...it's a shame though because this little girl is still gone and no one has been proven to be the killer

AP Panther Fan
07-05-2011, 02:58 PM
This whole thing makes me sick to my stomach...

I wish I could forget what she, her father, her mother and her brother even look like...

I didn't think she would get 1st Degree, but felt she would be found guilty on the other two major charges. Blah....:mad:

Roughneck93
07-05-2011, 03:11 PM
OJ Trial Part Duex. As in that case, another perfect murder. Unfortunate.

coach
07-05-2011, 03:15 PM
and i thought the oj simpson trial was a joke

icu812
07-05-2011, 03:15 PM

The fact it only took the Jury all of 10 hours showed it was pretty simple..no real evidence means the Prosecution did not prove their case beyond a shadow of a doubt

I agree. The prosecution did not prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt, although I believe there is a 99% chance she did it.

IMO, this is nothing like the OJ case.

RoyceTTU
07-05-2011, 03:18 PM
I can't help but to think they rushed it. They should of came in once both barrels were loaded instead coming in with half the evidence. Very frustrating and now she can't be tried again unless some very extrordinary happens, which I wouldn't count on.

BaseballUmp
07-05-2011, 03:18 PM
I agree. The prosecution did not prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt, although I believe there is a 99% chance she did it.

IMO, this is nothing like the OJ case.

Right, everybody loved OJ and didn't want to think he could have done something like this. In the Casey Anthony trial, everyone painted her as a horrible person of no character and made us all hate her from the get go

icu812
07-05-2011, 03:29 PM
Right, everybody loved OJ and didn't want to think he could have done something like this. In the Casey Anthony trial, everyone painted her as a horrible person of no character and made us all hate her from the get go

They had actual evidence against OJ which was much much stronger than this case. The problem was an LA police dept. that was seen as corrupt and racist. Not many similarities.

mwynn05
07-05-2011, 03:31 PM
Twitter has been pretty funny after the verdict, Dexter Morgan is trending... any one got his # we've found his next victim

orange machine
07-05-2011, 03:32 PM
I have to agree with TXB as a police officer I can see all the clues point to Casey but there is not enough real evidence to make her the Killer although I think she is or atleast had something to do with it.

mwynn05
07-05-2011, 03:34 PM
I have to agree with TXB as a police officer I can see all the clues point to Casey but there is not enough real evidence to make her the Killer although I think she is or atleast had something to do with it. I bet the police/DA were under a lot of pressure to bring charges as well and I bet there were people in the department who were against it because they were afraid this would happen

popcorn
07-05-2011, 03:36 PM
It"s not what you know it"s what you can prove.

Old Tiger
07-05-2011, 03:38 PM
first off I would like to see nude pics of Casey Anthony then I would like to see her stoned to death immediately following my review of said pics.

RoyceTTU
07-05-2011, 03:39 PM
I can't help but to think they rushed it. They should of came in once both barrels were loaded instead coming in with half the evidence. Very frustrating and now she can't be tried again unless some very extrordinary happens, which I wouldn't count on.

I bet the police/DA were under a lot of pressure to bring charges as well and I bet there were people in the department who were against it because they were afraid this would happen

I agree

Saggy Aggie
07-05-2011, 03:39 PM
She did it. They couldn't prove it. She gets off. End of story.

Old Tiger
07-05-2011, 03:41 PM
holy cow look what happened on the twitter

http://www.balloon-juice.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Casey-Anthony-Tweet.jpg

bobcat1
07-05-2011, 03:43 PM
there was no real evidence so IMO not real shockingTrue. I told my wife that even though she is guilty she will get off because the prosecution did not prove their cas beyond a reeasonable doubt. The jurors were left with no choice but to follow the law. Justice will be served but not in this lifetime. She will answer someday.

trojandad
07-05-2011, 03:46 PM
every good prosecutor tries a trial considering "jury nullification"....this trial was PERFECT for that consideration.....

if i were the prosecutor, i would have ended with that smiley face on the duct tape plastered all over the room and said something to the effect of "every mother in america is looking at this smiley face knowing who the only person is that could have POSSIBLY put it there, and they will never understand any mother that could let another one walk after this...."

and to the argument they had to follow the law, judges instructions, etc, every person ever in a jury knows that just isnt so, its the ideal model but some juries have brains......which obviously isnt the case for juries from either coast......very sad day, because there will be another baby from her, just watch....

Ernest T Bass
07-05-2011, 03:51 PM
I honestly believe that if not for the publicity, there would have been a plea bargain. There was zero solid evidence. But, then again ,Scott Petersen is sitting on death row with even less evidence against him.

trojandad
07-05-2011, 03:54 PM
I honestly believe that if not for the publicity, there would have been a plea bargain. There was zero solid evidence. But, then again ,Scott Petersen is sitting on death row with even less evidence against him.

no kidding, talk about a jury nullification trial.....his appeal is based on that occurring with over 2,500 examples filed in his complaint..the convicted him on the headlines, no human alive could have cleaned that boat out as well as he is accused of doing.....

eagles_victory
07-05-2011, 03:57 PM
holy cow look what happened on the twitter

http://www.balloon-juice.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Casey-Anthony-Tweet.jpg That is harsh not like she has any power over her dad defending OJ... She was close to Nicole Brown Simpson too they had just been on vacation together a few days before the murder.

trojandad
07-05-2011, 04:14 PM
That is harsh not like she has any power over her dad defending OJ... She was close to Nicole Brown Simpson too they had just been on vacation together a few days before the murder.

i think its very measured, shes making a condemning statement about anthony when she never said a cross word about daddy defending a friend just as guilty.....glass houses make for poor forts....

eagles_victory
07-05-2011, 04:16 PM
i think its very measured, shes making a condemning statement about anthony when she never said a cross word about daddy defending a friend just as guilty.....glass houses make for poor forts.... Actually she did it caused a major rift in the family during the trial.

trojandad
07-05-2011, 04:19 PM
Actually she did it caused a major rift in the family during the trial.

sorry, they did a tv special including that time and she made not one disparaging remark, even made some really poor attempt to reconcile the family view of loving dad who got a killer of an aunt figure off the hook.....just verified why im glad i never took my bar......

eagles_victory
07-05-2011, 04:22 PM
sorry, they did a tv special including that time and she made not one disparaging remark, even made some really poor attempt to reconcile the family view of loving dad who got a killer of an aunt figure off the hook.....just verified why im glad i never took my bar...... Kims a good friend so I dont want to get into anything about it. But I wouldnt say what you're saying is factual.

Pick6
07-05-2011, 05:22 PM
i think its very measured, shes making a condemning statement about anthony when she never said a cross word about daddy defending a friend just as guilty.....glass houses make for poor forts....

Let's see, Kim is 30, the OJ trial happened 18-19 years ago. What do you expect a 12-13 year old girl to say??

trojandad
07-05-2011, 05:53 PM
wow, the completeness required by u guys to make a post on here.....panther mom is right as rain.....

zebrablue2
07-05-2011, 05:55 PM
I cannot understand why she had the choice of whether to testify or not! That is crap!!!

bobcat1
07-05-2011, 06:00 PM
I cannot understand why she had the choice of whether to testify or not! That is crap!!! It's the law. She does not have to prove her innocence so she does not have to testify is she does not want to do so. The burden of proof is on the prosecution. The defense does not have to do anything but sit there. Of course they don't and are very selective about what they do present.

mwynn05
07-05-2011, 06:04 PM
I cannot understand why she had the choice of whether to testify or not! That is crap!!! I would say its tied to the 5th Amendment of The Constitution

BaseballUmp
07-05-2011, 06:05 PM
There are some crazy people on facebook. There's already a page titled 500,000 likes and I will kill Casey Anthony. I understand there is a lot of animosity towards her, but if she was not proven to be guilty by a jury of her peers, then it's stuff like this that makes things even worse.

Ernest T Bass
07-05-2011, 06:27 PM
I cannot understand why she had the choice of whether to testify or not! That is crap!!!

B/c it's in the Bill of Rights.

bobcat1
07-05-2011, 06:28 PM
There are some crazy people on facebook. There's already a page titled 500,000 likes and I will kill Casey Anthony. I understand there is a lot of animosity towards her, but if she was not proven to be guilty by a jury of her peers, then it's stuff like this that makes things even worse. If I had wrote that I would be in fear something really happens to her. Guess who is gonna come knock on the door if it does.

trojandad
07-05-2011, 06:30 PM
If I had wrote that I would be in fear something really happens to her. Guess who is gonna come knock on the door if it does.

:iagree:

Saggy Aggie
07-05-2011, 06:49 PM
There are some crazy people on facebook. There's already a page titled 500,000 likes and I will kill Casey Anthony. I understand there is a lot of animosity towards her, but if she was not proven to be guilty by a jury of her peers, then it's stuff like this that makes things even worse. you liked that page...

BaseballUmp
07-05-2011, 06:52 PM
I did to try and see how sick some of these people truly are. This guy wants to come to Texas to punch me if he gets 5 "Likes" I liked it...lol

These people really are disgusting though

Ranger Mom
07-05-2011, 07:11 PM
I'm just sick...but having lost faith in our judicial system for a myriad of reasons years ago, I wasn't too surprised. And....the jury didn't hear all of what we did either....so with all the circumstantial evidence they had, the jury heard even less.

I saw this on someones facebook:

Dear Mommy: I see you smile down there below...are they tears of joy u show? I'm glad you happy although you lied..I'd love to be right by your side...but by your choice I view from above...tell my grandparents I send my love..it's beautiful here is all I can say..your life will go on without me in your way..Love Caylee----Blanca O Correa

bobcat1
07-05-2011, 08:49 PM
I'm just sick...but having lost faith in our judicial system for a myriad of reasons years ago, I wasn't too surprised. And....the jury didn't hear all of what we did either....so with all the circumstantial evidence they had, the jury heard even less.

Dear Mommy: I see you smile down there below...are they tears of joy u show? I'm glad you happy although you lied..I'd love to be right by your side...but by your choice I view from above...tell my grandparents I send my love..it's beautiful here is all I can say..your life will go on without me in your way..Love Caylee----Blanca O Correa That is the sad part. The jury did not find her innocent just not guilty. The prosecution failed to prove to the jury she was guilty as charged. I don't think for one second she is innocent either but the prosecution and police work in this case was shoddy.

zebrablue2
07-05-2011, 09:56 PM
B/c it's in the Bill of Rights.

i knew that, but its still a big pile!!!

Ernest T Bass
07-05-2011, 10:00 PM
i knew that, but its still a big pile!!!

Yeah, that damned ol' bill of rights is just a big pile!

bowleghorses
07-05-2011, 10:10 PM
My mother in law watch this trial every hour,every day. I watched half of the closing arguments and when I told her not to be surprised when she walks, she about had a stroke. A lot of things don't add up in this case but maybe its the years sitting in a courtroom that opened my eyes to the possibility.

bowleghorses
07-05-2011, 10:13 PM
One day she will be judged and it wont be by 12 peers.

bobcat1
07-05-2011, 10:44 PM
One day she will be judged and it wont be by 12 peers. Amen!

Old Tiger
07-06-2011, 12:49 PM
Circumstantial evidence is enough to convict.

AP Panther Fan
07-06-2011, 01:45 PM
She should move to Canada. I think she should have to re-pay the cost of the lengthy search for her daughter (since she already knew she was dead) and then re-pay the cost of the trial in conjunction with her 4 convictions of lying to police officials.

BwdLion73
07-06-2011, 01:52 PM
She's busy right now trying to decide who will play her in the movie and who will be the ghost writer for her up and coming book deal.

AP Panther Fan
07-06-2011, 02:05 PM
She's busy right now trying to decide who will play her in the movie and who will be the ghost writer for her up and coming book deal.

Which famous court case also prohibited the accused from profiting on things like books, movies etc? I think they should do that also in conjunction with her 4 misdemeanor charges of guilt.

BwdLion73
07-06-2011, 02:19 PM
:thinking:
Which famous court case also prohibited the accused from profiting on things like books, movies etc? I think they should do that also in conjunction with her 4 misdemeanor charges of guilt.

Son of Sam I think.

Old Tiger
07-06-2011, 04:00 PM
:thinking:

Son of Sam I think.This is the correct answer.

AP Panther Fan
07-06-2011, 04:24 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Son_of_Sam_law

Unfortunately, in most of the cases mentioned, the person was actually convicted of the crime.

zebrablue2
07-06-2011, 10:24 PM

Macarthur
07-07-2011, 01:24 PM

Dear Mommy: I see you smile down there below...are they tears of joy u show? I'm glad you happy although you lied..I'd love to be right by your side...but by your choice I view from above...tell my grandparents I send my love..it's beautiful here is all I can say..your life will go on without me in your way..Love Caylee----Blanca O Correa

Okay, I didn't follow this thing but I've got to make some comments here.

The person that actually posted that thing above on facebook has to be sick. ***?

Secondly, I'm even more troubled by so many peoples reactions to this than I am the actual verdict. Do these people not realize that guilty people get off every day. The trade off of our system is that it is weighted to the side of guilty folks being found innocent instead of innocent people being found guilty. I think the huge reaction to this is two fold: it shows that people are too wrapped up in television and love living drama through the TV, and it shows that most americans really have a very poor understanding of how our judicial system works.

If you are a moron standing out of the street corner crying over this verdict, you are a sad individual.

Ranger Mom
07-07-2011, 07:06 PM
Okay, I didn't follow this thing but I've got to make some comments here.

The person that actually posted that thing above on facebook has to be sick. ***?

Secondly, I'm even more troubled by so many peoples reactions to this than I am the actual verdict. Do these people not realize that guilty people get off every day. The trade off of our system is that it is weighted to the side of guilty folks being found innocent instead of innocent people being found guilty. I think the huge reaction to this is two fold: it shows that people are too wrapped up in television and love living drama through the TV, and it shows that most americans really have a very poor understanding of how our judicial system works.

If you are a moron standing out of the street corner crying over this verdict, you are a sad individual.

I don't think our judicial system DOES work....and not only because of this case!! But.....this America and you can have your opinion and I can have mine!! Ain't it grand???

Txbroadcaster
07-07-2011, 07:23 PM
I don't think our judicial system DOES work....and not only because of this case!! But.....this America and you can have your opinion and I can have mine!! Ain't it grand???

I agree it does not always work..but it did in this instance..Juries are not supposed to conivct on emotion or what they think happen. They are supposed to on what evidence is before them...problem is IMO to many juries do convict without proper evidence( right or wrong). So we assume all will do that.

The system itself is great..it is the people inside the system that fail

trojandad
07-08-2011, 09:01 AM
I agree it does not always work..but it did in this instance..Juries are not supposed to conivct on emotion or what they think happen. They are supposed to on what evidence is before them...problem is IMO to many juries do convict without proper evidence( right or wrong). So we assume all will do that.

The system itself is great..it is the people inside the system that fail

while i completely understand what ur trying to say, ur thought isnt complete on the subject....the system was set up so that, when the laws became "immoral, indecent, against human compassion" (thomas jeffersons words) that a jury of peers could still be allowed to right wrongs, correct injustices and straighten indecencies, and they are allowed to act within their consciences, even if it goes against the law....the system was put together so that juries COULD go against the law......our founding fathers knew that tyranny by a govt (like the one they came from) was worse than letting some guilty people go free.....

youll never see a jury member convicted of not obeying the courts instructions because disobeying the courts instructions is a constitutional right as a jury member....the system doesnt only work because people "only look for the facts" as u say, it also works when they decide shes guilty when the facts doesnt show it, because the avenue is always open for the defense to have the verdict thrown out on appeal for lack of evidence, it happens almost daily in this country....

if i sat in this jury, knowing the law as i do, i would have convicted her just for the smily face drawn on the duct tape around her mouth, and the 30 days of not reporting her baby gone....i know what the facts are, i would have still done that....and the system is big enough to deal with people like me.......

the sad thing is shes gonna meet with some street justice....shes not gonna be able to stay away from the bars and one night some drunk mom is gonna waste her......very sad ending toa pathetic life mom and dad created......

LionFan72
07-08-2011, 10:56 AM
while i completely understand what ur trying to say, ur thought isnt complete on the subject....the system was set up so that, when the laws became "immoral, indecent, against human compassion" (thomas jeffersons words) that a jury of peers could still be allowed to right wrongs, correct injustices and straighten indecencies, and they are allowed to act within their consciences, even if it goes against the law....the system was put together so that juries COULD go against the law......our founding fathers knew that tyranny by a govt (like the one they came from) was worse than letting some guilty people go free.....

youll never see a jury member convicted of not obeying the courts instructions because disobeying the courts instructions is a constitutional right as a jury member....the system doesnt only work because people "only look for the facts" as u say, it also works when they decide shes guilty when the facts doesnt show it, because the avenue is always open for the defense to have the verdict thrown out on appeal for lack of evidence, it happens almost daily in this country....

if i sat in this jury, knowing the law as i do, i would have convicted her just for the smily face drawn on the duct tape around her mouth, and the 30 days of not reporting her baby gone....i know what the facts are, i would have still done that....and the system is big enough to deal with people like me.......

the sad thing is shes gonna meet with some street justice....shes not gonna be able to stay away from the bars and one night some drunk mom is gonna waste her......very sad ending toa pathetic life mom and dad created......

Coouldn't agree more, the system works. Don't agree she should walk, but do agree with the decision!

Macarthur
07-08-2011, 11:58 AM

Can you expand further on why it doesn't work? I agree that mistakes happen, but I think you also have to have some perspective. Name another country that you think has a better judicial system?

bobcat4life
07-08-2011, 12:38 PM
My cousin is married to a Texas Ranger and I talked to him yesterday about the trial. He thinks she will be lucky to make it to Christmas before someone kills her.

Txbroadcaster
07-08-2011, 12:58 PM
My cousin is married to a Texas Ranger and I talked to him yesterday about the trial. He thinks she will be lucky to make it to Christmas before someone kills her.

i think like with everything else the public will forget about it in a week

Ranger Mom
07-08-2011, 01:25 PM
Can you expand further on why it doesn't work? I agree that mistakes happen, but I think you also have to have some perspective. Name another country that you think has a better judicial system?

I could.....but I'm not! I don't feel the need to prove why I feel that way. My life wasn't revolved around this case. I did find it interesting, but I didn't feel the need to go all "vigilante" over the verdict.

Old LB
07-08-2011, 01:30 PM
i think like with everything else the public will forget about it in a week

buff4ever
07-08-2011, 01:45 PM

I don't think that this is true. The system may fail here or there, I understand that. But finding people that are upset with the verdict and mad about what Casey has done to a little girl, and willing to kill her for it, and thinking that the system will then fail for lack of evidence against them will allow them to maintain free status isn't as common as it once was. If that run on sentence made sense???

I could be wrong but, I would think that the Tx Ranger would prolly know that this isn't very likely to occur. That is just a statement for conversation, and to make some people feel better.

I could be wrong, and this could happen, but I will have to say it won't until it does. The odds are I will be right and Tx Ranger will be wrong.

buff4ever
07-08-2011, 01:47 PM
That was my first post on new downlow, not so bad at all, it works, getting use to it.

1st and goal
07-10-2011, 08:41 AM
While I still know that this is by far and away the best country in the world, court cases like this give people around the world to poke fun at our judicial system and it's imperfections.

My 2 cents closely follow Michael Berry's. Basically, a jury is not people on your street, or of your church, but are the "people of walmart". You only have to look at the fact that her daughter was missing for 30 days before she let anyone know about it. Who or what type of person would do that? Think that thought over and completely through with all the motives and there is no way you can not have a reasonable doubt that she in some capacity was guilty for the murder.

trojandad
07-10-2011, 07:32 PM
While I still know that this is by far and away the best country in the world, court cases like this give people around the world to poke fun at our judicial system and it's imperfections.

My 2 cents closely follow Michael Berry's. Basically, a jury is not people on your street, or of your church, but are the "people of walmart". You only have to look at the fact that her daughter was missing for 30 days before she let anyone know about it. Who or what type of person would do that? Think that thought over and completely through with all the motives and there is no way you can not have a reasonable doubt that she in some capacity was guilty for the murder.

Macarthur
07-11-2011, 12:30 PM
I could.....but I'm not! I don't feel the need to prove why I feel that way. My life wasn't revolved around this case. I did find it interesting, but I didn't feel the need to go all "vigilante" over the verdict.

Um, okay. Don't you think it's kinda weird to just throw out something like you did and just say 'I could defend my opinion, but I don't want to'?

Ranger Mom
07-11-2011, 01:16 PM
Um, okay. Don't you think it's kinda weird to just throw out something like you did and just say 'I could defend my opinion, but I don't want to'?

Not really....I have discussed it here before. I barely even have time to get on this board anymore, and when I do, I don't really want to have to defend my position to anyone. I'm not going to change my mind, so it doesn't really matter.

trojandad
07-11-2011, 03:22 PM

while i would defend your right to say whatever you will to people offended by this, you sure are going to have a difficult time obtaining good standing with people your calling out to defend their points while proudly displaying the picture of a fictionalized killer and rapist beside your monichor....most people just arent going to feel a huge need to defend their opposite point of view with someone already showing more of a leaning to the offensive side than most of us parents and guardians....

but again i say, before you get riled up in defense, you have the right to post your pictures and spew your venom, vile as it might be, and ill defend your right to spew it with you.....

Macarthur
07-11-2011, 04:47 PM
Not really....I have discussed it here before. I barely even have time to get on this board anymore, and when I do, I don't really want to have to defend my position to anyone. I'm not going to change my mind, so it doesn't really matter.

I can tell you've put a lot of thought into it. :)

Ranger Mom
07-11-2011, 05:51 PM
while i would defend your right to say whatever you will to people offended by this, you sure are going to have a difficult time obtaining good standing with people your calling out to defend their points while proudly displaying the picture of a fictionalized killer and rapist beside your monichor....most people just arent going to feel a huge need to defend their opposite point of view with someone already showing more of a leaning to the offensive side than most of us parents and guardians....

but again i say, before you get riled up in defense, you have the right to post your pictures and spew your venom, vile as it might be, and ill defend your right to spew it with you.....

Amen!!

Macarthur
07-12-2011, 12:47 PM

I do like to have discussions on the board of significance. I rarely ever get 'riled up' over an internet exchange.

Let me say this, I liked the movie and think the picture is 'cool'. However, your point about me 'proudly displaying a picture of a fictionalized killer and rapist' and equating that to me having an automatic 'propensity to be offensive' shows that you probably have not followed many of my discussions on this board. My characterization of these folks as 'morons' is about as 'offensive' as I get. And I think their behavior that I viewed on the tube, lends credible evidence to that opinion.

And I think if someone looks at my avatar and makes the decision to not defend a quite explosive opinion, IMO, I find that much more odd than someone's avatar pic.

bobcat1
07-12-2011, 01:08 PM
That last sentence leaves me scratching my head.:thinking:

SintonFan
07-12-2011, 01:10 PM
That last sentence leaves me scratching my head.:thinking:

"I'll take therapists for two hundred, Alex":crazy:;)

Macarthur
07-12-2011, 03:31 PM
I did word that awkwardly. Let me see if I can clarify.

If someone looks at my avatar pic and that causes them to not want to engage, which is what I got from his implication, I find that odd. Especially, when the position taken was one that is pretty bold, such as 'our judicial system doesn't work'. I don't think asking someone to expound on that bold declaration is confrontational.

AP Panther Fan
07-12-2011, 05:01 PM
I did word that awkwardly. Let me see if I can clarify.

If someone looks at my avatar pic and that causes them to not want to engage, which is what I got from his implication, I find that odd. Especially, when the position taken was one that is pretty bold, such as 'our judicial system doesn't work'. I don't think asking someone to expound on that bold declaration is confrontational.

I think your avatar is creepy, tell me who it is and what movie it is from so I won't make the mistake of accidently renting it.

ramfan
07-12-2011, 07:00 PM
I think Dexter would be the best answer!!! All of you who watch this show on SHOWTIME know what i mean.

Emerson1
07-12-2011, 07:14 PM
I think Dexter would be the best answer!!! All of you who watch this show on SHOWTIME know what i mean.
This is the first time I've seen this joke.

eagles_victory
07-12-2011, 07:28 PM
this is the first time i've seen this joke.lmfao

trojandad
07-13-2011, 09:25 AM
I think your avatar is creepy, tell me who it is and what movie it is from so I won't make the mistake of accidently renting it.

its from a 1971 film "a clockwork orange", a stanley kubrick film....it is really a good film on its premise of how the "rehabilitated" criminal mind thinks, but its loaded with really rough scenes and its star is this alex delarge character whose picture he has posted....and yea, of course it doesnt make him a bad guy for posting it, it just shows a leaning when talking about murderers and defending letting one go....but then voltaire the "genius" would have probably had the same blind spot.....lol.......

and yes, if i posted a picture beside my name of, say, jeffrey dahmer, it would speak toward my leanings in life, your correct.....and you would see it and make the same assumptions, as well you should.....

Macarthur
07-13-2011, 01:38 PM
its from a 1971 film "a clockwork orange", a stanley kubrick film....it is really a good film on its premise of how the "rehabilitated" criminal mind thinks, but its loaded with really rough scenes and its star is this alex delarge character whose picture he has posted....and yea, of course it doesnt make him a bad guy for posting it, it just shows a leaning when talking about murderers and defending letting one go....but then voltaire the "genius" would have probably had the same blind spot.....lol.......

and yes, if i posted a picture beside my name of, say, jeffrey dahmer, it would speak toward my leanings in life, your correct.....and you would see it and make the same assumptions, as well you should.....

This just shows you didn't read my posts. I actually think she was guilty of at least knowing what happened. And, yes, Voltaire was a genius.

44INAROW
07-15-2011, 10:49 AM
Breaking News: "Casey Anthony places a call to 911 in fear of her life"...

(Dispatcher) What is your emergency?

(Casey Anthony) Please help me, I have a bunch of people trying to kill me.

(Dispatcher) Okay ma'am, calm down. What is your name?

(Casey Anthony) Casey Anthony.

(Dispatcher) Okay Miss Anthony try to stay calm, an officer will be there in 31 days.

Karma - gotta love it :wave:

1st and goal
07-15-2011, 08:24 PM
I'm sorry the lady in Oklahoma that mistook an innocent someone else for being Casey Anthony. Tried to ram her to death with her car into the innocent's car. I think Casey Anthony will need to keep her head low, dye her hair, and move far away or she'll get some tribal justice...

http://www.examiner.com/crime-in-national/woman-mistaken-for-casey-anthony-attacked-by-female-minivan-video