PDA

View Full Version : Astros

ExScoop
07-04-2011, 10:30 PM
Seems like the Astros find another way to lose games

They said on a Houston TV station (NBC Channel 2) that they are on a pace to lose 108 games..

There is now way I would fight dowtown traffic driving 60 plus miles to watch them play-With tickets, parking, food and beer would cost you almost $100 for two people

eagles_victory
07-05-2011, 04:48 AM
Seems like the Astros find another way to lose games

They said on a Houston TV station (NBC Channel 2) that they are on a pace to lose 108 games..

There is now way I would fight dowtown traffic driving 60 plus miles to watch them play-With tickets, parking, food and beer would cost you almost $100 for two people I bet you could easily get two tickets for 20 dollars.

Saggy Aggie
07-05-2011, 03:48 PM
With the deals they have going on now, you can get pretty good seats for around $20 each. Parking is around $5 if you get there an hour before first pitch. I'd go out to eat before the game, and a couple bottles of water will run you about $10. So, you could catch a game with your wife (or whoever) and not pay more than $60 (and have really good seats). If you're willing to sacrifice on the seats, you could get in and out for less than $50.

Only problem is, they're not very fun to watch right now. 28 games under .500 is tough to watch, but I do it.

sahen
07-05-2011, 04:04 PM
i went saturday and sunday...one day i had free tickets, but sunday i paid...still worth it to go watch a game, plus like it has been said you can watch a game for a lot less than 100 bucks with their deals now...they even have some all you can eat seats for like 20 or 25 i think....they aren't bad seats either, 2nd deck behind right field, at least your are close to the best player on the team right now in Pence...guess an argument can be made for Bourn though as well...

Bull Butter
07-05-2011, 07:32 PM
The last time the Astros were this bad was 1991, the year after the team had a big "fire sale" and had a roster filled with rookies and 2nd-3rd year players and finishing 65-97. Only difference was back then they had the '91 Rookie of the Year in Jeff Bagwell, other rookies like Luis Gonzalez and Darryl Kile Also young up-and-comers like Craig Biggio, Steve Finley, Pete Harnisch, Ken Caminiti and some guy named Curt Schilling (who they tried to turn into a closer). Back then, even though they were crappy, one could see that there was hope for the future.

Right now, other than Hunter Pence, Michael Bourn and occasionally Bud Norris there's not too much to be excited about for the future. Chris Johnson has taken a step backward. J.A. Happ is showing why the Phillies were not too upset to part ways with him. Brett Wallace isn't impressing much, J.R. Towles is downright awful. Wandy is 32 and while having a good season, he's only 68-68 for his career. Jordan Lyles needs more time in the minors. Translation: It's going to be a long next few years :(

coach
07-06-2011, 12:13 AM
i dont know what it is, but even when they had biggio and bagwelll i always though the astros were boring to watch....them and the braves....

Maroon87
07-06-2011, 07:52 AM
I'd be interested to see what their record is in games where they are tied or leading in the 7th inning or later. I'll bet it's pretty bad.

sahen
07-06-2011, 09:22 AM
I'd be interested to see what their record is in games where they are tied or leading in the 7th inning or later. I'll bet it's pretty bad.

yup...i dont know what it is, but they mention it from time to time on the telecast and it is horrible...the astros would be a lot better just by adding some quality arms in the bullpen...obviously their problems run much deeper, but my guess is by the end of the year you could add 10-15 games to their win column with a decent bullpen...maybe more, as a fan it sure seems like it could be 10-15 already and we are just barely past halfway...