PDA

View Full Version : Rangers

orange machine
07-04-2011, 07:32 PM
Look like crap. Worst defense in the majors, pitching is not far behind and the bats are inconsistent. What's the deal was last year a fluke or what? It's good thing the AL west sucks.

eagles_victory
07-04-2011, 07:39 PM
Look like crap. Worst defense in the majors, pitching is not far behind and the bats are inconsistent. What's the deal was last year a fluke or what? It's good thing the AL west sucks. There is no such thing as a fluke in a 162 game season and then the playoffs.

Txbroadcaster
07-04-2011, 07:42 PM
Last year has nothing to do with this year...BTW last's years D was average to below stat wise not great..the bullpen this year is different with the injuries and Ogando going into rotation..bats are ust like they were last year..stretches of ripping the ball off the cover and stretches of a bunch of runners left on base and alot of Ks

also ..last year pitching ERA was 3.93...this year 3.96

difference is this team has not developed that ability to pull games out when behind like they did last year

orange machine
07-04-2011, 07:45 PM
Of course I say that and the Rangers bats show up.

eagles_victory
07-04-2011, 07:45 PM
Last year has nothing to do with this year...BTW last's years D was average to below stat wise not great..the bullpen this year is different with the injuries and Ogando going into rotation..bats are ust like they were last year..stretches of ripping the ball off the cover and stretches of a bunch of runners left on base and alot of Ks Bullpen has been the biggest concern imo. They have just been horrible anyway you slice it. I think the lineup is better this year it is just a matter of fixing the bullpen and better attention to detail from some of the players.

orange machine
07-04-2011, 07:59 PM
What's the deal with Brondon Webb. I know they signed him in the off season is he hurt like usual or what? Also y'all think the Rangers will try to trade for some better pitching some time this year? If so who y'all think they will trade and who for?

eagles_victory
07-04-2011, 08:05 PM
What's the deal with Brondon Webb. I know they signed him in the off season is he hurt like usual or what? Also y'all think the Rangers will try to trade for some better pitching some time this year? If so who y'all think they will trade and who for? Webb still isnt all the way back anything you get from him will be a bonus as you probably shouldnt expect much. I would say bullpen help is the number one thing they should be looking for particullary a setup and 8th inning man. Rhodes has been a bust and Oliver has had his ups and downs as the lefty late man. Having O'Day back will help some if he can get to the level he was last year. The addition of another possible starter also could be something they look for but I expect bullpen to come first. David Murphy could be traded as well as Chris Davis. If Davis comes up and plays left field like talked about Murphy may become expendable and be traded for a relief pitcher. Prospects could also be on the move kind of hard to tell right now.

CelinaCatFan
07-04-2011, 08:10 PM
As we have come to expect, Webb has been injured. I truly believe The Rangers will make a deal if possible. I've even heard a few names mentioned lately.

As far as the future, The Rangers did recently sign several young international prospects to contracts. In fact, they signed a MLB record deal for a 16 year old Dominican player. This shows their willingness to spend.

orange machine
07-04-2011, 08:17 PM
I don't see the Rangers getting rid of Murphy. Chris Davis has been a bust in my opinion.

eagles_victory
07-04-2011, 08:39 PM
I don't see the Rangers getting rid of Murphy. Chris Davis has been a bust in my opinion. He is killing it in AAA.

orange machine
07-04-2011, 09:19 PM
He is killing it in AAA.
Yeah he always kills it down there and when they bring him up he can't hit a beach ball.

eagles_victory
07-04-2011, 09:24 PM
Yeah he always kills it down there and when they bring him up he can't hit a beach ball. Its just a matter of time. I hate Davis but there is no denying his upside is a lot bigger than Murphys.

forum_guy
07-04-2011, 10:32 PM
on a side note i made my rangers debut at the ballpark in arlington last night and it was great. I like it ALOT better than minute maid