PDA

View Full Version : need you guys faith again.....

trojandad
07-04-2011, 01:56 AM
my wife gets to the gate on her 24 hr online check in, and no plane, with no message as to where to go....by the time she walks back to b/a counter they tell her its 30 min before departure and theyve locked the planes doors already.....she spends the last minutes on her phone telling me shes cramping bad with the baby out of stress, as they told her there are no open flights for 3 days...i cant reach her by phone anymore and im now calling airport police and local hospitals with only the smallest of spanish to go with, and not making any headway....

i know the right answer is just escaping me out of concern for her.....help me to know how to help, Lord....

eagles_victory
07-04-2011, 02:18 AM
my wife gets to the gate on her 24 hr online check in, and no plane, with no message as to where to go....by the time she walks back to b/a counter they tell her its 30 min before departure and theyve locked the planes doors already.....she spends the last minutes on her phone telling me shes cramping bad with the baby out of stress, as they told her there are no open flights for 3 days...i cant reach her by phone anymore and im now calling airport police and local hospitals with only the smallest of spanish to go with, and not making any headway....

i know the right answer is just escaping me out of concern for her.....help me to know how to help, Lord.... anything anyone can do?

bobcat1
07-04-2011, 05:20 AM
Prayers for you and your wife.

Roughneck93
07-04-2011, 05:35 AM
Hope everything turns out good for you guys. Praying she gets home safely.

Looking4number8
07-04-2011, 11:47 AM
Praying for the best for you and your family, keep us posted!

ccmom
07-04-2011, 12:29 PM
I'm sorry, but I can't remember what country she is in. Could you call the American Embassy there?? Most of all, I am praying!!

trojandad
07-04-2011, 09:24 PM
ok, folks, bottom line is shes safe and resting now in the hotel.....momma is fine, baby seems to have settled back down.....

a whole lot i cant say cause im upset with a lot of people there, im working on about 50 hrs of no sleeep and im sure holding my tongue wont be my strong suit....the simple problem that happened is that her boarding pass AND her ticket had a gate number not existing in madrid airport at all....so, of course, nobody working there can tell her how to get to a nonexistant gate, even tho the monitors all show that gate number....

once she missed her flight due to this, panic and anxiety sets in with each full plane leaving, bringing her further and further down, since now she was on standby....all the while the british airways people are trying to force her to go to the hospital (of course, realizing their potential liability with such a goof on their part) and yet stressing her out more by nitpicking whether to pay for a hotel for her if they can possibly avoid the expenditure, so a crazy round robin going there....

during all this circus im completely in the dark, her phone running out of minutes as shes telling me the baby is hurting, but thank God (no doubt from your prayers on her behalf) an old friend just HAPPENS thru Madrid airport, hands my sweetie her phone and she calls me and fills me in on this crap....i got a fluent spanish friend to help me get the phone company there to deliver her a fully charged phone (they wont take credit cards to refill the phone she already has but WILL take them to buy the whole works again, go figure)....i got b/a to give her the first confirmed seat out, which is wednesday morning, and quit the standby stuff that was sending her first-time-traveling-alone anxiety thru the roof, and got a hotel there to pick her up (got her to quit worrying about getting b/a to catch it for their errors) and had room service bring her a good old fashioned hamburger to her room......then spent the next two hours on the phone with her listening to her tears and finally talking her to sleep.....she, and baby, are feeling MUCH better now.....

so shes gonna try this again wednesday on the same flight setup she was gonna try today, the ridiculous part is wednesdays boarding pass and ticket both say 4S again, sure make my job a lot easier once we settle things before a man in a black robe over here....im so thankful for the smallest prayers when shes hurting......i think im gonna try crashing now and hope i wake up before wednesday.....thanks again, friends.....

44INAROW
07-04-2011, 10:17 PM
Prayers for a safe and restful night for her as well as a quick flight home on Weds... :)

bobcat1
07-04-2011, 10:20 PM
Prayers for a safe and restful night for her as well as a quick flight home on Weds... :):ditto:

trojandad
07-05-2011, 05:47 PM
wow, do i have a story for u....

today im talking to my sweetheart while shes lounging for a day, waiting for her flight in the morning, when i check my email and see an email addressed to her from someone claiming to be the ceo of british airways....thinking it just coincidental spam, i ALMOST deleted it, but took the bait and opened it....turns out it was for real...

the email spoke of having her situation brought to his attention by the president of harvard university (called her by name), and that he couldn't be more upset at her treatment...he went on to say that british airways would, once this trip was completed, get together with my wife to not only recoup her "undeserved costs" but "a measure of renumeration"......he then referenced another temporary harvard instructor also inconvenienced on the same flight that would be granted similar apologies and renumerations....

being as confused as any man in history (and thinking this is the absolute BEST email scam ive ever seen, not believing a word of it) i called felicia asking what happened yesterday concerning a harvard instructor...she told me that while hearing for hours that there would not be any open flight until friday, a lady introducing herself as a resident professor there in madrid but on her way to harvard for the remainder of the summer to interim instruct overheard felicia's plight and, being upset for having been bumped for the same misprint on her boarding pass as well, asked felicia to step aside and get a soft drink while she called someone that might help.....felicia said that after the instructor made a cell phone call there were 3 uniformed british airways employees that came to both of them, giving them both confirmed tickets and boarding passes for the wednesday flight, not friday, and asking if they needed a ride to the airport on wednesday....

this professor went further and asked felicia if she wanted to spend the next two days at her home in madrid, which felicia politely turned down due to the stranger factor and still not knowing who this lady was for sure, but it turns out they have been in touch several times since, each time the professor asking how well her baby is sitting....

when i sent her the message i received, she had an "aha" moment, saying it now made sense why nothing positive happened in dealing with b/a before the instructor became involved....later i even received an email from the american consolate in madrid giving contact numbers and employees names, again referencing the harvard presidents message to them as reason for their contact (turns out you were right, ccmom)......

i know faith will always be a matter of trust, what happened yesterday and today can onjectively be written off as coincidence and have a very good foundation for that belief.....but after a few dozen of these, which were preceded by so many people believing with us, it sure isnt that large of a leap to believe....and here i was, thinking felicia meeting up with an old friend of ours in madrid was the miracle intended for us......WOW OH WOW.....