PDA

View Full Version : A Closer Look at the State Tournament Field

Matthew328
07-03-2011, 01:02 PM
http://theoldcoach.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1236788

Roughneck93
07-03-2011, 01:12 PM
Great insights Matt. Thanks for the info.

FB-fanatic
07-03-2011, 08:11 PM
Thanks for the update.

Understand the point of noting teams qualifying through there own hosted tournaments, including my homer team of Lorena, but doesn't necessarily indicate a patsy schedule to get there. Proud to say, just two weeks before tourney, the Leopards took down the mighty 4A Waco Midway this week by the score of 22-21 in league play. The "big boys" of Midway didn't take kindly to the loss and showed a bit of classless attitudes with many hard push-to-the-ground touches and other kindergarten tactics.

Looking forward to CS.

bigcat8
07-05-2011, 03:17 PM
saw where st andrews got an at large qualification... what does that entail???

Old Tiger
07-05-2011, 03:19 PM
saw where st andrews got an at large qualification... what does that entail???If a team cannot make it they get their spot I think.

bulldog82
07-05-2011, 10:14 PM
If a team cannot make it they get their spot I think.
not quite sure how they earned this spot. they've been a two SQT that we've attended and one didn't even play for third place, may have gotten third at other but niether qualifying teams have bowed out. plus ,i give them credit and they've got heart, but they only show up with 8 or 9 players and seem to have a hard time come 3rd or 4th games. going to be tuff at state for them. maybe they got in because of their QB, 5th year senior, verbal commit. to miami, AD at saint andrews is Ty detmer.

bwdlionfan
07-06-2011, 12:26 AM
Thanks for the update.

Understand the point of noting teams qualifying through there own hosted tournaments, including my homer team of Lorena, but doesn't necessarily indicate a patsy schedule to get there. Proud to say, just two weeks before tourney, the Leopards took down the mighty 4A Waco Midway this week by the score of 22-21 in league play. The "big boys" of Midway didn't take kindly to the loss and showed a bit of classless attitudes with many hard push-to-the-ground touches and other kindergarten tactics.

Looking forward to CS.

It's rare to see a team from the immediate Waco area exhibit much class.