PDA

View Full Version : Early speculations on Div. I brackets

Old Cardinal
10-10-2002, 08:50 PM
It looks like the winner of Forney/Wills Point contest will untimately be the Region II Champion. In the Districts 17,18,19,20- Jasper will win by 4 TD's are more, over every opponent, in their first two playoff games!....In Region III,District 21 & 22, will be a Bi-District contest between Bridge City and Barber Hill. The winner of this contest will face the following possibilities- Navasota, Elgin, Bellville or Stafford,(this one is hard to predict) in Div. I, second round. At this point, I would predict that there is a good possibility that Bridge City will defend their Region III Championship in the Third Round of the Playoffs by playing Jasper.....In Region IV it looks probable that Burnet and Sinton will play for the Region IV Area Championship. I would predict a big win for Sinton based on the fact that they are developing depth and not so tied to the performance of 3 players......In Region I, I would predict Borger and Snyder will meet in the second round, from Districts 1,2,3,& 4 . Then in Districts 5,6,7,8 I think we will see Everman playing Abilene Wylie. Then a WILD guess, for Region I Area Playoff-Borger playing Everman in the third round. Please don't just ARGUE; instead please layout how you would predict the quest for the Regional Championships. That is what is fun to do on a board like this-SPECULATE!

vet93
10-10-2002, 09:15 PM
Old Card...In Region I Everman is head over tails better than any of the other DI teams. The strength of region I this year appears to be in the DII teams. I think that Abilene Wylie will get beat in a close contest by Graham in the first round, then Everman will beat Graham by 2 to 3 touchdowns. That might be the stiffest match in Region I for Everman. I expect them to beat probably Snyder for the regional championship.

29x281
10-10-2002, 09:16 PM
Why would you say that Burnet doesn't develop depth? Not trying to start an argument or anything, but I'm just wondering what, specifically, you've seen that would lead you to that conclusion?

Bulldog92
10-10-2002, 09:18 PM
I respect you, Old Card, but you have way too much time on your hands. :D

FBmania
10-10-2002, 09:29 PM
Old Card you sure like to speculate a lot! I'm glad you are proud of your cardinals but,when we do meet up in the playoffs man oh man what a wreck! I haven't got to see BC play yet but i'll give them the respect because of the playoff run last year and the good showing thus far this year. I will enjoy this game if it happens. It is still way to early to claim region III honors just yet. Lots of downs to be played between now and then, but if you are not careful you will rile up those Eagles.... then i'll tell coach Tarver it was all your fault! :-)

Old Cardinal
10-10-2002, 09:29 PM
To Vet: I agree the Snyder/Borger contest was the hardest for me to try to guess at....it's probably a tossup at this time......I love having time on my hands, that's why I worked real hard and retired at 56 years of age-that was over 5 years ago!

RBARKER
10-10-2002, 09:30 PM
The only thing is see (being a little bias wink ) is that Barbers Hill will meet Jasper in RD#3. I think the Game between BH and BC will be a coaching match. BH is on the up swing and is playing better each week, I hate to make a prediction this early but thats the way I see it.

Old Cardinal
10-10-2002, 09:43 PM
To RBarker & FBmania-I certainly understand your feeling-and I really believe that that BC/BH contest will provide the winner that will ultimately play Jasper. Yes, I think BC will win; just as you feel BH will win-that's the way it should be! Whoever wins, should take the next game and be ready for a hard tough Jasper team, don't you think?

BH_146
10-10-2002, 09:44 PM
Before I can speculate, I need to hear from that Poly dude. What has happened to him? Did he finally meet up with that gypse he was chasing?

FBmania
10-10-2002, 09:57 PM
Old Cardinal:
To RBarker & FBmania-I certainly understand your feeling-and I really believe that that BC/BH contest will provide the winner that will ultimately play Jasper. Yes, I think BC will win; just as you feel BH will win-that's the way it should be! Whoever wins, should take the next game and be ready for a hard tough Jasper team, don't you think?I agree CARD, i like the confidence you have in those cards of yours. I do think it is fun to speculate but that's all it is. I get tickled sometimes on how you casually mention BC being 2002 R-III CHAMPS. But, make no mistake this is fun and if this match-up happens i know i will have fun with you that week. For now though we have to rough up some wildcats :D

Chris Hart
10-10-2002, 10:11 PM
Old Cardinal, that looks pretty good to me at this point. See, we can agree on some things.lol

Matthew328
10-11-2002, 08:20 AM
In Region 1 Everman still looks to be the favorite...keep an eye on Graham and Decatur though...in Region 2 things are up in the air...Gainesville, Forney and Wills Point look to be the favorites...keep an eye on 12-3A if Atlanta goes D1 they'll be a team to watch also..In Region 3 if Bellville goes D1 I think they'll be playing Jasper for the regional tittle..if not I think it'll be Bridge City against Jasper....in Region 4 Burnet and Sinton look to be on a collision course...keep an eye on Wharton also though

RBARKER
10-11-2002, 08:38 AM
Here is the coleir sharp preseason prediction for Div 1. looks pretty good still.
DIVISION 1
BI-DISTRICT: Borger over Brownfield
Snyder over Pecos
Graham over Abilene Wylie
Everman over Decatur
North Lamar over Gainesville
Lindale over Texarkana Liberty-Eylau
Forney over Wills Point
Gladewater over Carthage
Gatesville over Cameron
Jasper over Mexia
Barbers Hill over Bridge City
Elgin over Bellville
Burnet over Somerset
Wharton over Gonzales
Sinton over Carrizo Springs
La Feria over Zapata

REGIONALS: Snyder over Borger
Everman over Graham
Lindale over North Lamar
Forney over Gladewater
Jasper over Gatesville
Elgin over Barbers Hill
Burnet over Wharton
Sinton over La Feria

QUARTERFINALS: Everman over Snyder
Forney over Lindale
Jasper over Elgin
Burnet over Sinton

SEMIFINALS: Everman over Forney
Jasper over Burnet

FINALS: Everman over Jasper

Old Cardinal
10-11-2002, 12:32 PM
To: Matt 328 Your thinking is quite accurate and may be-right on the money. I agree that Graham and Decatur are viable candidates to upset some folks. My thinking is that Gainesville and Bridgeport have played an extremely weak preseason; therefore, Gainesville is not a favorite for me. I know a lot of folks still tout Atlanta; however, every time they meet a little competition-they lose. Therefore, I see a winner from Forney, Wills Point, Graham or Decatur- until Gainesville or Atlanta whip a stout team........Bellville is another interesting situation, in Region III, Navasota smothered Elgin 24-7 and Elgin beat Bellville 24-17. I think Bellville does have a good team-but one that has peaked! On the other hand, both Navasota and Elgin are building strength each weak and are becoming very balanced, good resillent programs. I think that Navasota, Elgin, Stafford, Barber's Hill and Bridge City can beat Bellville now, and especially at the end of the year. Now if Bellville goes Div. II, it should be a good game between them and Hampshire-Fannett. In fact, Marlin/Newton and H-F/Bellville should both be good matchups. I take Newton in the first one, and the games that follow.