PDA

View Full Version : sweetwater mustang football

mustang84
06-30-2011, 10:05 AM
I dont know about everyone else but i can't wait for football season. I am ready to see how the mustangs will do this season. The team is really working hard and I think it will pay off for them this season. The boys are much stronger and tougher than the team has been the last couple of years. Playing Sweetwater won't be a cake walk for anyone this year.

Ernest T Bass
06-30-2011, 10:07 AM
Flexbone or ****!

mustang84
06-30-2011, 10:11 AM
There will be a few changes to the offense that I think will fit ours kids talent. I can tell you for sure it will be some hard hitting football with these kids we have.

hollywood
06-30-2011, 11:01 AM
I dont know about everyone else but i can't wait for football season. I am ready to see how the mustangs will do this season. The team is really working hard and I think it will pay off for them this season. The boys are much stronger and tougher than the team has been the last couple of years. Playing Sweetwater won't be a cake walk for anyone this year.

This hometown fan thought the same. Good support but needs to be a realist. :crazy::)

"smithville has been quitely been building a solid program and has been rapidly getting better of the last 4 years under coach wiley a understudy of coach mcqueen. the offseason programs have been remarkeable on how they aproach the game now, not just for 3 months a year but now a 12 month comitment from all of there athletes. the j.v teams over the last two years have been remarkeable and filled with talent thats ready to blossem i belive real soon. with alot of teams in district with new coaches an porenial powers haveing some changeover in key postitions this could be the year the tigers turn the corner an make the playoffs. these kids now have the winning cultre inbeded in them from keeping talent on j.v and letting them find out how to win first befor bringing them up out of need. they well be tested early with porenial 2a power lexington, and up an coming teams with speed like wharton needville and columbus. there biggest non-district test will be on the road agains pre season top 10 wimberly. wich i believe smithville well play them tough, and give them one hell of a shot. if this tiger team continues this season from what they been quitely building, i think this could be the year smithville turns the corner and makes the playoffs witch would be remarkeable and well desereved with teams like rockdale, la grange, giddings, caldwell , an navasota. i hope those teams dont take the week to loaf they play smithville bc the name on the jersey there playing, could be bad news for them."

mustang84
06-30-2011, 11:38 AM
We are in a very tough district and I think that some people will be suprised at the improvement they will see from the mustangs this year.

Old LB
06-30-2011, 11:45 AM
We are in a very tough district and I think that some people will be suprised at the improvement they will see from the mustangs this year.

Good luck to you, hope ya'll beat Big Spring, Snider, and Wylie this year. :2thumbsup

Sweetwater Red
06-30-2011, 12:02 PM
This hometown fan thought the same. Good support but needs to be a realist. :crazy::)

Does anyone else see the irony in a Brownwood poster offering this advice? :thinking:

Sweetwater Red
06-30-2011, 12:04 PM
Good luck to you, hope ya'll beat Big Spring, Snider, and Wylie this year. :2thumbsup

Big Spring and Wylie? Maybe

Snyder? Probably not

But, we'll see what happens.

hollywood
06-30-2011, 12:09 PM

I wouldn't be surprised to see improvements from Sweetwater. Best of luck in that district. Brownwood, Abilene Wylie, Snyder is how I see that district finishing.

hollywood
06-30-2011, 12:10 PM
Does anyone else see the irony in a Brownwood poster offering this advice? :thinking: LOL:crazy:

Pendragon13
06-30-2011, 12:44 PM
Uh oh....Mustang faithful actually confident enough to join in the smack talk this year?:thinking:

Sweetwater Red
06-30-2011, 12:53 PM
Uh oh....Mustang faithful actually confident enough to join in the smack talk this year?:thinking:

:doh:

GrTigers6
06-30-2011, 01:24 PM
QUOTE=Pendragon13;1591081]Uh oh....Mustang faithful actually confident enough to join in the smack talk this year?:thinking:[/QUOTE]
Oh Wait! You are supposed to have confidence to talk smak?:doh:[ :D

mustang84
06-30-2011, 03:11 PM
I am not going to talk smack. BUT!!!!! I hope everyone beats the crap out of Snyder I get tired of hearing them talk about how good they are. Can't say we will beat them but the mustangs will sure make them earn it if they beat us. GO MUSTANGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

95mustang
06-30-2011, 03:13 PM

Snyder? Probably not

Come on Red. Here is a prediction for ya:

Brownwood
Snyder
Sweetwater
Wylie
Big Spring

:1popcorn:

ccmom
06-30-2011, 03:16 PM
Come on Red. Here is a prediction for ya:

Brownwood
Snyder
Sweetwater
Wylie
Big Spring

:1popcorn: Well aren't you just precious...:rolleyes::tongue:

mustang84
06-30-2011, 03:23 PM
Here is my preciction for ya:

Sweetwater
Snyder
Wylie
Brownwood
Big Spring

hollywood
06-30-2011, 03:58 PM
Here is my preciction for ya:

Sweetwater
Snyder
Wylie
Brownwood
Big Spring

haha, clueless! I hope you're kidding. If not, i suggest that you need to be a realist and not a dreamer. :crazy:

Bosqueville
06-30-2011, 04:14 PM
I hope Sweetwater is improved this year! It's not right to have the boys in Red not be competitive!

1. Brownwood
2. Snider
3. Wylie
4. Sweetwater
5. Little Spring

TheDOCTORdre
06-30-2011, 04:28 PM
I hope Sweetwater can get into the playoffs this year, I'll go with (God help me for putting Snyder 1st)
1.Snyder
2. Brownwood
3.Sweetwater
4. Wylie
5.Big Spring

Sweetwater Red
06-30-2011, 04:50 PM
I hope Sweetwater can get into the playoffs this year, I'll go with (God help me for putting Snyder 1st)
1.Snyder
2. Brownwood
3. Sweetwater
4. Wylie
5. Big Spring

This because...

1. If Keenon Ward is healthy then Snyder wins district going away.
2. Two words - Bob Shipley
3. Slaughter played alot of sophomores two years ago to get them ready for this point.
4. Sandifer is a great coach. But, he's not a miracle worker.
5. Come on it's Big Spring.

Old LB
06-30-2011, 05:07 PM
This because...

1. If Keenon Ward is healthy then Snyder wins district going away.
2. Two words - Bob Shipley
3. Slaughter played alot of sophomores two years ago to get them ready for this point.
4. Sandifer is a great coach. But, he's not a miracle worker.
5. Come on it's Big Spring.

:tisk: Don't ship the trophy to Snider yet! :twitch:

slingshot
06-30-2011, 05:36 PM
Snyder? Better than last year...
Sweetwater? Better than last year, but still not enough...
Brownwood? Not nearly as good as last year, but still good enough to make the playoffs.
Big Spring? Not as good as last year...
Wylie? Better than last year but the killer schedule may do them in...

1. Snyder
2. Wylie
3. Brownwood

In that order...

cr180t
06-30-2011, 07:22 PM
I am not going to talk smack. BUT!!!!! I hope everyone beats the crap out of Snyder I get tired of hearing them talk about how good they are. Can't say we will beat them but the mustangs will sure make them earn it if they beat us. GO MUSTANGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I had to rank the smack talk in the District. I would not rank Snyder as on of the top smack talkers. Just my opinion. In fact that could be another topic.

The mustangs always play Snyder tough. It is always a good game.

Saggy Aggie
06-30-2011, 10:36 PM

"smithville has been quitely been building a solid program and has been rapidly getting better of the last 4 years under coach wiley a understudy of coach mcqueen. the offseason programs have been remarkeable on how they aproach the game now, not just for 3 months a year but now a 12 month comitment from all of there athletes. the j.v teams over the last two years have been remarkeable and filled with talent thats ready to blossem i belive real soon. with alot of teams in district with new coaches an porenial powers haveing some changeover in key postitions this could be the year the tigers turn the corner an make the playoffs. these kids now have the winning cultre inbeded in them from keeping talent on j.v and letting them find out how to win first befor bringing them up out of need. they well be tested early with porenial 2a power lexington, and up an coming teams with speed like wharton needville and columbus. there biggest non-district test will be on the road agains pre season top 10 wimberly. wich i believe smithville well play them tough, and give them one hell of a shot. if this tiger team continues this season from what they been quitely building, i think this could be the year smithville turns the corner and makes the playoffs witch would be remarkeable and well desereved with teams like rockdale, la grange, giddings, caldwell , an navasota. i hope those teams dont take the week to loaf they play smithville bc the name on the jersey there playing, could be bad news for them." quite possibly the worst spelling I've ever seen.

mustang84
07-01-2011, 08:27 AM
I know my prediction is a long shot but i will stand by the mustangs.

DaHop72
07-01-2011, 08:38 AM
I am not going to talk smack. BUT!!!!! I hope everyone beats the crap out of Snyder I get tired of hearing them talk about how good they are. Can't say we will beat them but the mustangs will sure make them earn it if they beat us. GO MUSTANGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:crazy:Are you sure you don't mean Bwood? Haven't seen a lot of people talking about how good the Tigers are? Must be missing something.

RoyceTTU
07-01-2011, 08:45 AM
I think Slaughter is a great coach and is capable of getting Sweetwater back to it's winning ways. He did great at Clyde. Unfortunatly it takes a few years to get it rolling and I think he needs 1-2 more years. I would expect an uptick in wins this year but nothing special. Sorry. Good Luck though.

mustang84
07-01-2011, 08:47 AM
Hey DaHop72 I was talking about people i have talk to from Snyder. But you are sure correct Brownwood is sure talking about how great they are going to be. Last year they said they were unbeatable oh but look they got beat. LOL

Snyder_TigerFan
07-01-2011, 03:38 PM

Snyder? Probably not

That's the spirit!

Sweetwater Red
07-01-2011, 07:06 PM
That's the spirit!

There is one thing I've learned after watching so many OTHER teams play across the state the last few years and that is how to keep things in perspective.