PDA

View Full Version : Separate Sports Forums

Bullaholic
06-29-2011, 12:44 PM
Ok--I going to wave the flag for separate forums for hs sports, college sports, pro sports, and non-sports.

Now that the board has more options, I think separate forums would keep the thread hijacking down, and sports discussions longer and better resulting in more particpants.

So shoot me--but I figured that now was the time.

waterboy
06-29-2011, 12:48 PM
Personally, I like the way it is now. You don't have to jump around to different forums as much. I would much prefer to look at one forum, pick a topic to read if it interests me, and respond accordingly.:)

Bullaholic
06-29-2011, 12:55 PM
Personally, I like the way it is now. You don't have to jump around to different forums as much. I would much prefer to look at one forum, pick a topic to read if it interests me, and respond accordingly.:)

I understand, and I certainly respect your preference, but it is getting hard for me, at least, to try to determine who is being serious, and who is not, in the middle of some pretty good sports discussions---and I have certainly done my share of cutting up in the middle of serious threads.

mwynn05
06-29-2011, 12:59 PM
heck no i dont want it to be work to visit this board to see if there is anything I want to read

Looking4number8
06-29-2011, 01:02 PM
Ok--I going to wave the flag for separate forums for hs sports, .

I am with you brother... I won't complain either way but I think I would prefer that

jason
06-29-2011, 01:08 PM
heck no i dont want it to be work to visit this board to see if there is anything I want to readthis

Bullaholic
06-29-2011, 01:09 PM
Texas is a huge state with a lot of hs teams in nearly every sport. I just think if the board is going to grow to match our new capabilities and attract some new serious hs sports fans across that vast of a venue, then there has to be some consideration given to more segregation of the forum. I think the great present members of the 3ADL family will still be just as active and personable, but we can offer a little more sophisticated product to future members without losing our close-knit family personality.

Old LB
06-29-2011, 01:09 PM
I understand, and I certainly respect your preference, but it is getting hard for me, at least, to try to determine who is being serious, and who is not, in the middle of some pretty good sports discussions---and I have certainly done my share of cutting up in the middle of serious threads.

How is a seperate forum going to change the seriousness of the discussion? You will just have to look in more places to determine the same thing.

Old LB
06-29-2011, 01:11 PM
Texas is a huge state with a lot of hs teams in nearly every sport. I just think if the board is going to grow to match our new capabilities and attract some new serious hs sports fans across that vast of a venue, then there has to be some consideration given to more segregation of the forum. I think the great present members of the 3ADL family will still be just as active and personable, but we can offer a little more sophisticated product to future members without losing our close-knit family personality.

Are you calling us SIMPLE MINDED?

jason
06-29-2011, 01:12 PM
Texas is a huge state with a lot of hs teams in nearly every sport. I just think if the board is going to grow to match our new capabilities and attract some new serious hs sports fans across that vast of a venue, then there has to be some consideration given to more segregation of the forum. I think the great present members of the 3ADL family will still be just as active and personable, but we can offer a little more sophisticated product to future members without losing our close-knit family personality.the sophisticated product is on the donating members forum

Bullaholic
06-29-2011, 01:12 PM
Are you calling us SIMPLE MINDED?

No--I'm trying to have a serious discussion...

Bullaholic
06-29-2011, 01:14 PM
the sophisticated product is on the donating members forum

Perhaps I need to look into that...

Old LB
06-29-2011, 01:20 PM

Raising kids, earning a living, jobs, being the only male in your household, these things are serious. Sports forums, now that should not be soo serious in my opinion. I vote to keep it the same, maybe just have a "serious only thread" option. :)

pirate4state
06-29-2011, 01:39 PM

There is your first problem. LOL

I would not welcome separate forums and would most likely give up on this place all together.
I think you need to just go ahead and put those posters that are taking away from your viewing experience on the ignore list. They aren't changing anytime soon. ;)

oldtownag
06-29-2011, 01:42 PM
Ok--I going to wave the flag for separate forums for hs sports, college sports, pro sports, and non-sports.

Now that the board has more options, I think separate forums would keep the thread hijacking down, and sports discussions longer and better resulting in more particpants.

This is the worst idea ever!

ccmom
06-29-2011, 01:47 PM
So I guess I don't understand how creating more categories will lead to more serious sports discussions. Are you saying you don't want me to be able to make snide remarks to Rocket on a sports related thread? :vrycnfsd: Please don't take my fun away!!!! :weeping:

Roughneck93
06-29-2011, 01:48 PM
I'm fairly new to the 3ADL. Have to say that it's the best board I've ever been on. I like the layout the way it is now.

Bullaholic
06-29-2011, 01:52 PM
Thanks for your replies---I rest my case....

Maroon87
06-29-2011, 02:02 PM
It doesn't really matter if there are seperate forums or not. The same people will still complain.

Emerson1
06-29-2011, 02:15 PM
heck no i dont want it to be work to visit this board to see if there is anything I want to read
This +1

It's not like there is nuch activity here in the summer anyways.

pirate4state
06-29-2011, 02:45 PM
Thanks for your replies---I rest my case....

Hey! Go take a nap! :tongue:

Old Tiger
06-29-2011, 03:23 PM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQXzCHJHwuCC39SvGDSgm6JGJTRcqUPC R3LvkZwK_wld0RTA5FpEQ&t=1

The only good board I have ever been to that had more than 3-5 sections is Shaggy Bevo.

Other than that it takes away from the discussions and it would make the moderators job harder.

BILLYFRED0000
06-29-2011, 03:45 PM

Not to be a pain but this is the 3 a downlow...... Kinda written in the title what it is ya know. ya'll want other sports there are other forums out there. I don't mind the occasional meander like we have now. but to formalize something different is not the call of this forum IMHO.

OldNavy
06-29-2011, 03:46 PM
My two cents are these. I am a high school football fan. If I cared about college or pro, there is ample places to find info and have duscussions. If you were going to add forums, I would rather see 1A, 2A, 4A and 5A. There you would develop followings and provide info for high school fans. I have to search hard to find all the info I want. This site does a great job with 3A. Nothing like it, that I have found, for the other high school divisions.

(2 Cents) My dad used to say opinions are only worth what you have to give for them. Perhaps mine is not worth 2 cents.

Regards

Emerson1
06-29-2011, 05:33 PM
During the football season it's HS sports only in this forum. There is no need for a separate board for each class.

sinton66
06-29-2011, 05:58 PM
We've actually done polls several times on this subject. Every time, the majority is against the idea of multiple forums. I even get complaints because we have it divided as much as we do. I think the current split is about the best we can do.

Ranger Mom
06-29-2011, 06:05 PM
I am one that "hated" when we went to the split forums we have now. I loved this board, even more than I do now, when it was only the one forum and everything was posted there. If we went to even more split forums, I think I would be like Pirate4state and lose interest all together.

LH Panther Mom
06-29-2011, 06:09 PM
:thmbdwn: :thmbdwn: Sorry but :ack!:

sinton66
06-29-2011, 06:19 PM
I am one that "hated" when we went to the split forums we have now. I loved this board, even more than I do now, when it was only the one forum and everything was posted there. If we went to even more split forums, I think I would be like Pirate4state and lose interest all together.

I agree. I think we can all live with the way it is right now. This is a compromise between those not wanting extra forums and the sports purists that want it sport only. I think it really is the best we can do.

Ranger Mom
06-29-2011, 06:26 PM
I agree. I think we can all live with the way it is right now. This is a compromise between those not wanting extra forums and the sports purists that want it sport only. I think it really is the best we can do.

I agree! That was compromise I didn't particularly like at the time, but I got over it. As you said, I also think the way it is now is a good compromise between the two.

Sweetwater Red
06-29-2011, 06:48 PM
For what it's worth I like the sports and non-sports forums. Adding more would make it like other boards
that are either annoying or difficult to navigate.

I got the vibe that Bull was wanting to be able to have "Grown up" conversations and I think jason hit the nail on the head when he said that's what the donating members forum is for. Although there isn't much sports talk there. Maybe Bull can generate some threads to start some if he chooses to.

Just my opinion.

pirate4state
07-07-2011, 11:42 PM
Did bullaholic throw a hissy fit and leave again? :rolleyes: :devil: :kiss: :D

RoyceTTU
07-08-2011, 07:07 AM
I wouldn't mind a College and Pro Forum. The only reason I say this, is during the Football season it does get a bit congested. As far as seperating per sports and all that junk i don't like the idea. That's why i don't like the other forums.

Or possibly have a combined forum for all college and Pro talks.

JMHO

Trashman
07-08-2011, 07:43 AM
We've actually done polls several times on this subject. Every time, the majority is against the idea of multiple forums. I even get complaints because we have it divided as much as we do. I think the current split is about the best we can do.

:iagree::clap::clap::clap::clap:

XMan
07-08-2011, 08:48 AM
How about just change the name to "3a football downlow"?