PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen Hot Cofffee on HBO, yet?

Macarthur
06-29-2011, 12:02 PM
I've got it recorded but haven't watched it, yet.

Emerson1
06-29-2011, 12:08 PM
Second place I've heard about this. I heard it makes McDonalds look pretty bad with the whole coffee lawsuit. Really wanna see it or read an article on it.

Sweetwater Red
06-29-2011, 06:31 PM
FYI - for those interested, it airs tonight at 7 on HBO2.

Txbroadcaster
06-30-2011, 02:29 AM
it was good...but also VERY VERY slanted

Macarthur
06-30-2011, 12:24 PM
I have it on my DVR but have not watched it. I can't comment yet other than to say I've seen the topic/film debated on a couple of other sites.

After reading some reports, I think the line we have been sold about frivilous lawsuits being out of control is not the reality. Big business has convinced America that our court system is out of control. The data does not suggest that.

Ernest T Bass
06-30-2011, 01:23 PM
I have it on my DVR but have not watched it. I can't comment yet other than to say I've seen the topic/film debated on a couple of other sites.

After reading some reports, I think the line we have been sold about frivilous lawsuits being out of control is not the reality. Big business has convinced America that our court system is out of control. The data does not suggest that.

That's the gist of the documentary. It's an anti-tort reform film.

Macarthur
07-01-2011, 09:57 AM
Okay, I finally watched this. I gotta tell ya; I didn't think it was to heavily slanted. It does tell these stories from the perspective of those brining the suits, but certainly in these cases, I believe the facts are on their side. I also think it brings some good evidence to the discussion that we have been sold a bill of goods by thinking we must have 'tort reform' because our system is inundated with frivolous law suits.