PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Texas Longhorn Football Recruiting Updates

Phil C
06-28-2011, 02:05 PM
I didn't expect to start this thread until after National Signing Day next February but Texas has already made an offer to OL Josh Thomas of Shreveport, LA. He did attend a UT camp recently and must have really made an impression because Texas in the past has not made offers until after NSD after the recruits junior year. Of course with the coaching changes maybe they are changing their way to what other coaches do. Lots of recent surprises at UT with offering a kicker and then offering a player that hasn't even started his junior year in high school. This is Josh's first offer even though I think LSU is giving him consideration. I think this is one out of stater that I think we have a good chance to get and as of right now I rate our chances at 55%.

RoyceTTU
06-28-2011, 02:07 PM
Wow, Looking way ahead there. Things can change a lot in 2 years

sTxforlife
06-28-2011, 02:10 PM
UT is also heavily recruiting Ricky Seals Jones from sealy another kid from the class of 2013 who is the #1 ranked prospect in Texas for that class

Old Tiger
06-28-2011, 02:18 PM
Texas will land Tyrone Swoopes for that class.

MGAR
06-28-2011, 03:00 PM
You mean someone from Celina was not UTs first offer of 2013?

gatordaze
06-28-2011, 08:18 PM
The offer did not happen. It was implied that one would happen in February. The kid jumped the gun on this one.

"You mean someone from Celina was not UTs first offer of 2013?." I dunno some think so!

http://recruitocosm.fantake.com/2011/06/06/will-jake-raulerson-be-the-first-2013-offer/

Pendragon13
06-28-2011, 09:17 PM
How long before UT coaches start sniffing around middle schools? Or maybe cruising hospital maternity wards with little burnt orange teddy bears..:doh:

MGAR
06-28-2011, 09:18 PM
Its not just UT.. Other school are looking hard at Class of 2013.

Z-RO
06-28-2011, 11:21 PM
Texas will land Tyrone Swoopes for that class.

I sure hope so!

Phil C
12-12-2011, 09:56 PM
Mr. Swoopes would be a good one to get.

Phil C
12-12-2011, 10:07 PM
This is a list of LSR top 100 for 2013. I know it is early but we are about through with 2012 and these are our future.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/texas/football/recruiting/rankings/rank-3017

Phil C
12-12-2011, 10:19 PM
This is a list of LSR top 100 for 2013. I know it is early but we are about through with 2012 and these are our future.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/texas/football/recruiting/rankings/rank-3017

Hey Old or anyone else have you heard if we are interested in any of these recruits or maybe we are still working on 2012 until National Signing Day in February.

Old Tiger
12-12-2011, 10:42 PM
I would rather Texas offer JT Barrett out of Wichita Falls Rider. A lot better passer than Swoopes.

Old Tiger
12-12-2011, 10:53 PM
Texas will choose between Barrett and Swoopes at QB.

Seals-Jones is #1 target

Derrick Griffin is major priority as well

Heard these guys are guaranteed an offer

In State:
Jake Raulerson, Celina
A'Shawn Robinon, FW Arlington Heights
Naashon Hughes, Harker Heights

OOS:
Marcell Harris, Florida
Josh Thomas, Louisiana

Phil C
01-27-2012, 05:30 PM
The first junior day is on Feb. 12, 2012. I have heard that we are going to for sure offer OL Ishmael Wilson of Bishop Dunne.

I don't really want to concentrate too much on 2013 since we are in the last week of the 2012 class with National Signing Day on Wednesday (2-1-12). This NSD is the day for 2012 class and after Wednesday we can concentrate on 2013.

bobcat4life
02-02-2012, 09:16 PM
Raulerson is going to make a verbal commitment to UT tomorrow

Old LB
02-02-2012, 09:47 PM
Raulerson is going to make a verbal commitment to UT tomorrow

Cool :clap:

Old Tiger
02-03-2012, 11:22 AM
Raulerson makes #1 for the 2013 class.

DB Marcell Harris out of Florida already has an offer as well.

SHSBulldog00
02-03-2012, 11:35 AM
Raulerson makes #1 for the 2013 class.

Jake had like 26 or 28 offers, glad he chose Texas

SHSBulldog00
02-03-2012, 09:46 PM
http://youtu.be/amd5adNmP2U

Phil C
02-10-2012, 05:20 PM
This Sunday (2-12-12) is UT's first junior day for the 2013 class. There are a number of recruits coming and some offers are expected to be made and some commitments expected. Also the second one will be on 2-25-12.

I also want to add that for this class verbals are not binding until National Signing Day and the signtures are received. This is on the first Wednesday in February and next year (2013) it will be on Wednesday, 2-6-13.

SHSBulldog00
02-12-2012, 11:04 AM
Multiple reports that SA Madison DL Vincent Taylor won't be at Texas JD1 today because of car issues he and his father experienced.

Multiple reports as well that Dallas Bishop Dunne OT Ishmael Wilson has moved his visit to JD2 2-25-12, will not be in Austin today.

The first breaking offer going out for Texas at JD1 is Harker Heights OL Darius James, who was a lock for one coming in.

SHSBulldog00
02-12-2012, 11:24 AM
Here's the list of attendees:

•Tyrone Swoopes, Whitewright QB
•Kyle Hicks, Arlington Martin RB
•James White, Pearland Dawson RB
•Dontre Wilson, DeSoto RB
•Jake Oliver, Dallas Jesuit WR (offered)
•Ra'Shaad Samples, Dallas Skyline WR
•Ricky Seals-Jones, Sealy WR/TE
•Durham Smythe, Belton WR
•Darius James, Harker Heights OL (offered)
•Kent Perkins, Lake Highlands OL
•Ishmael Wilson, Dallas Bishop Dunne OT (re-scheduled to JD2)
•A'Shawn Robinson, Fort Worth Arlington Heights OT
•Justin Manning, Dallas Kimball DT (offered)
•Vincent Taylor, SA Madison DL (will not attend, car trouble)
•Naashon Hughes, Harker Heights OLB/DE

SHSBulldog00
02-12-2012, 12:10 PM
Here's the list of attendees:

•Tyrone Swoopes, Whitewright QB
•Kyle Hicks, Arlington Martin RB
•James White, Pearland Dawson RB (not attending)
•Dontre Wilson, DeSoto RB
•Ra'Shaad Samples, Dallas Skyline WR
•Kent Perkins, Lake Highlands OL

With White not attending Kyle Hicks becomes the Top RB target.

White moments ago said, "I'm going to try to make it to the second one. It's a maybe right now."

mwrams
02-12-2012, 01:36 PM
If he comes out for football this year be on the lookout for QB Matt Tincher of Mineral Wells. Currently concentrating on Baseball (district champs last year) and Basketball (District Champs this year). This kid has an amazing arm. 6-4 and still growing.

SHSBulldog00
02-12-2012, 01:45 PM
RB Kyle Hicks has received an offer today.

SHSBulldog00
02-12-2012, 02:19 PM
Samples receives offer today as does RB Dontre Wilson

SHSBulldog00
02-12-2012, 02:35 PM
Here's the latest: as of 1:35 pm

•Tyrone Swoopes, Whitewright QB (offered)
•Kyle Hicks, Arlington Martin RB (offered)
•Dontre Wilson, DeSoto RB (offered)
•Ra'Shaad Samples, Dallas Skyline WR (offered)
•Kent Perkins, Lake Highlands OL (unable to attend)
•Jake Raulerson, Celina OL/DL (committed)
•Justin Manning, Dallas Kimball DT

SHSBulldog00
02-12-2012, 02:51 PM
Add Ricky Seals-Jones to the offer list.

SHSBulldog00
02-12-2012, 03:16 PM
Here's the latest: as of 2:15 pm

•Tyrone Swoopes, Whitewright QB (offered)
•Kyle Hicks, Arlington Martin RB (offered)
•Dontre Wilson, DeSoto RB (offered)
•Ra'Shaad Samples, Dallas Skyline WR (offered)
•Ricky Seals-Jones, Sealy WR/TE (offered)
•Durham Smythe, Belton WR (offered)
•Kent Perkins, Lake Highlands OL (unable to attend)
•Jake Raulerson, Celina OL/DL (committed)
•Naashon Hughes, Harker Heights OLB/DE offered)

Z-RO
02-12-2012, 03:30 PM
The word is #2 is in anybody have a name yet?

SHSBulldog00
02-12-2012, 03:33 PM
The word is #2 is in anybody have a name yet?

Not yet, but heard it could be Hicks.

Horns Nation is saying that Hughes wasn’t offered, as Texas will apparently continue to evaluate the linebacker position, as the coaches only plan on taking one player there. Wonder if the coaches kind of let him know about that and if it was part of the reason that Hughes was saying that he wouldn’t necessarily commit on the spot?

Phil C
02-12-2012, 10:36 PM
Probably so SHS. I think as you wrote there are limited available spots at his position. I will update on the offers in a few days as soon as some of the verbals come in. The Coaches are encouraging the players to wait a day or two before commiting so they can have time to talk it over with their parents, coaches, or whoever they wish to.

SHSBulldog00
02-13-2012, 11:16 PM
Here's a look at the prospects most likely to make a decision in favor of the Longhorns in the near future:

1. Kyle Hicks, Arlington Martin RB -- Expected to begin receiving more national attention in the coming weeks, Hicks received some encouragement to commit on the spot Sunday from friends and family members in attendance and it sounds like the lifelong Longhorn fan could make a decision in the coming days.

2. Ricky Seals-Jones, Sealy WR/TE -- Given that his father told Orangebloods that his son could make a decision this week, while Hicks hasn't set any type of timetable for his decision, RSJ could easily rank at the top of this list. LSU is a contender, but the sense is that his parents want him at Texas, so if a pledge does go down this week, Texas is the heavy favorite.

3. Ra'Shaad Samples, Dallas Skyline WR -- Samples has a call planned to the Texas coaches this week to inform them of the results of the discussion he plans on having with his father, the head coach at Skyline, about his visit to Texas, which seemingly put the Longhorns firmly in the lead for a commitment from him.

4. Jake Oliver, Dallas Jesuit WR -- Another prospect who planned on discussing a possible decision with his family after returning to the Metroplex, a commitment from Oliver this week would almost certainly go in favor of the Longhorns.

5. Tyrone Swoopes, Whitewright QB -- Texas has been in strong shape with Swoopes ever since his summer camp visit prior to his junior season and the weekend visit to Austin seemed to impress his mother (always a good thing). With recent offers from Alabama and Ohio State, it appeared that his recruitment was on the verge of taking a national turn, which could have significantly lengthened his timetable. However, Swoopes told Orangebloods on Sunday evening that he will stay in state ($) or only go as far as Oklahoma, significantly brightening the picture for the Longhorns. A decision probably isn't imminent, but the decision to stay in state should allow him to make it sooner than if he wanted to take visits to Columbus or Tuscaloosa. Also, keep an eye on what RSJ decides to do, as a commitment from the Sealy star could help convince Swoopes to become a Longhorn too.

SHSBulldog00
02-14-2012, 12:27 PM
Rivals reporting that Texas has been in contact w Cali S/OLB Su'a Cravens, one of the top 2013 prospects nationally.

Macarthur
02-14-2012, 03:12 PM
I'm a bit surprised UT doesn't have more commits.

SHSBulldog00
02-14-2012, 03:18 PM
I'm a bit surprised UT doesn't have more commits.

They only have 13 scholarships available, so I think they are being careful with whom they offer.

Macarthur
02-14-2012, 03:23 PM
They only have 13 scholarships available, so I think they are being careful with whom they offer.

Wow. Only 13?!

SHSBulldog00
02-14-2012, 03:26 PM
Wow. Only 13?!

That might not be correct but it is close. They had a very large class this year. Of course it will be more if people transfer or leave early for the draft.

Phil C
02-14-2012, 05:36 PM
SHS I agree. This will be a small class like maybe 15 yto 18 due to attrition for players leaving early for the draft, transfer for more playing time or whatever reason. I really didn't expect any verbals until Wednesday (tomorrow) because this year Coach Brown has been encouraging them to go home and talk it over with parents, coaches and other appropriate people.

Somehow the numbers always have worked out though. Right now from what research has shown me is that we have one commitment and 10 outstanding offers.

Matthew328
02-14-2012, 05:41 PM
Hicks has told various outlets he's going to slow down the recruiting process some..so a decision this week is unlikely...Hicks is attending A&M's junior day this Sat and TCU next Saturday.
'
Texas has extended junior day invites to Rider QB JT Barrett and Colleyville Heritage QB Cody Thomas..this could be a sign that they will not sit and wait for Tyrone Swoopes to make a decision...if Swoopes doesn't commit by Feb 25 look for an offer to go out to Barrett..Cody Thomas will likely not attend the jr day on Feb 25 due to baseball commitments...Thomas is projected as a high end baseball prospect and may never play college football...

In regards to QB I expect Texas to take either Swoopes or Barrett..whomever is the first to pull the trigger..

Matthew328
02-14-2012, 05:42 PM
I still expect Texas to take 20 kids this class minimum...they'll have the usual attrition where kids leave the program for whatever reason..its been the norm the past couple of off-seasons

Macarthur
02-15-2012, 11:09 AM
I still expect Texas to take 20 kids this class minimum...they'll have the usual attrition where kids leave the program for whatever reason..its been the norm the past couple of off-seasons

Yes, I can't imagine a class of 13-15 kids. That just doesn't make sense.

Phil C
02-15-2012, 01:41 PM
I have heard that Jake Oliver, WR, of Dallas has commited.

Z-RO
02-15-2012, 06:02 PM
I have heard that Jake Oliver, WR, of Dallas has commited.

Here is the press release from his family:

"Press release from the Oliver family:

Jake Oliver made his decision today regarding his future. Jake is excited to announce that he will be attending the University of Texas and playing football for Coach Brown and the Longhorns.

The recruiting process began, for Jake, the spring before his sophomore season and has been a great and fulfilling experience. Jake has had the opportunity to visit many campuses and meet many outstanding coaches along the way and would like to thank each school and coach for their interest in him. He is very appreciative of all the wonderful people that have helped through this process and couldn’t be happier with his decision.

The winning tradition, family atmosphere and feeling of home on the U.T. campus were key factors in his decision. Jake attended several U.T. games during their National Championship season and believes that with the current coaching staff, the players on campus, the 2012 recruiting class and another great class in 2013 a National Title will be coming back to Austin very soon.

Another major determining factor in his decision was a Degree from the University of Texas. Jake grew up in Dallas, Texas and attends Dallas Jesuit College Preparatory and education is very important in his life. Jesuit taught him how to balance a full academic load while also participating in athletics and community service. Jake believes the University of Texas will be a great extension for his academic future.

Jake is very thankful to Dallas Jesuit, Coach Hickman, Coach Wunderlick and the great Jesuit staff and Jesuit community that helped him become the young man he is today.

Jake would also like to thank all of the teachers, coaches, players and friends that he has met and played beside since beginning football in 4th grade. His football experience has been amazing with many Championships and FUN times along the way. Playing for the Horns is a dream come true.

Family has been a key component in Jake’s life and it was very important to be close to his grandparents, Bill and Linda Oliver and Dick and Anita Landenberger. His big brother, Jackson, has been very instrumental in Jake’s life and has thrown him many passes growing up. One of Jake’s most memorable moments was his 1st varsity touchdown reception when he was a freshman on the Jesuit varsity team and Jackson was the senior QB. Jake’s little sis, Emma, helps keep him grounded as it’s often stated that she is the best athlete of the family. Jake’s mom and dad, Ellen and Gary have been lifelong educators and coaches and are very happy with his decision and believe Texas will be a great fit for him.

Jake is excited about his decision to attend the University of Texas and play for the Longhorns. He is now looking forward to his senior year at Jesuit and a great football season with his friends and family.

Thanks to everyone and Hookem!"

Old Tiger
02-16-2012, 02:00 PM
#3 is In A'Shawn Robinson

bigcountry
02-16-2012, 02:19 PM
#3 is In A'Shawn Robinson

Another great pick up!! Man, 2003 class is off to a good start! Hook'Em!!!!

BEAST
02-16-2012, 03:16 PM
Another great pick up!! Man, 2003 class is off to a good start! Hook'Em!!!!

Uhhhhh, that class happened 10 years ago.

BEAST

bigcountry
02-16-2012, 03:35 PM

BEAST
ooops.....make that 2013! There have been so many good years they all blend together!

Old Tiger
02-16-2012, 03:56 PM

BEAST6 players from that class are in the NFL now though!

Phil C
02-16-2012, 03:57 PM
Great news indeed. This is one that caught me by surprise but it was pleasant. I didn't even know we had offered him. Welcome to Austin Mr. Robinson.

Z-RO
02-16-2012, 06:05 PM
If I had to guess I would bet Ricky Seals-Jones is the next one to commit. This is from his Twitter

@RickySealsJones
Getting those burnt orange Nike Air Max for next year!

http://distilleryimage11.instagram.com/6aa743b0584611e1b9f1123138140926_7.jpg

Old Tiger
02-17-2012, 09:43 AM
Hearing #4 will be made public today

Matthew328
02-17-2012, 12:12 PM
Tyrone Swoopes committed to Texas....they are stocking up on QBs...

SHSBulldog00
02-17-2012, 12:15 PM

:clap::clap: what an athlete :clap::clap:

Matthew328
02-17-2012, 12:17 PM
Swoopes is a fantastic prospect with huge upside, but he's got a lot of developing to do...he'll certianly need a red shirt year, but his upside is limitless...he's boom or bust in a big way...

I would imagine J.T. Barrett will likely not get an offer at Jr day if he even shows up at this stage

SHSBulldog00
02-17-2012, 12:23 PM
Swoopes is a fantastic prospect with huge upside, but he's got a lot of developing to do...he'll certianly need a red shirt year, but his upside is limitless...he's boom or bust in a big way...

I would imagine J.T. Barrett will likely not get an offer at Jr day if he even shows up at this stage

I look for Barrett to commit to Baylor.

SHSBulldog00
02-17-2012, 12:36 PM
Ricky Seals-Jones could commit later today, but his dad isn't sure if today is the day.

SHSBulldog00
02-17-2012, 12:51 PM
OK this isn't football related but Texas offered 6'9 2013 PF Marcus Lee of Deer Valley (CA) last night.

SHSBulldog00
02-17-2012, 12:57 PM
Article from Horns Nation on Swoopes.

http://espn.go.com/colleges/texas/football/recruiting/story/_/id/7585845/qb-tyrone-swoopes-commits-texas-longhorns

Ville-D
02-17-2012, 01:13 PM
These are all verbal commitments? What is the percentage of athletes that back out on a verbal? What is the percentage of schools that back out?

bigcountry
02-17-2012, 01:27 PM

And one more thing....BAM!!!! I be feeling good now! Awesome pickup! HOOK'EM DANG HORNS!!

SHSBulldog00
02-17-2012, 01:37 PM
Texas Recruiting: Horns Could Join Robert Nkemdiche Derby

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2012/2/17/2804736/robert-nkemdiche-texas-recruiting

RoyceTTU
02-17-2012, 01:51 PM
These are all verbal commitments? What is the percentage of athletes that back out on a verbal? What is the percentage of schools that back out?

IDK the answer to this, but Mack seems to be able to get his verbals to stick better than anyone in the country.

Phil C
02-17-2012, 06:54 PM
IDK the answer to this, but Mack seems to be able to get his verbals to stick better than anyone in the country.

I agree. From what I have seen the past several years Coach Mack is able to keep nearly all his recruits. We usually lose maybe one per year. Sometimes a player loses his scholarship due to grades, trouble with the law, etc but I don't count them and it is very rare that it happens. There have been years we didn't lose any so we have been fortunate indeed in this regard.

Phil C
02-17-2012, 07:20 PM
I can now start this with future updates coming. As I pointed out they are not official until National Signing Day in February next year. It is expected that the class will be between 17 to 22 recruits. I personally feel we will have about 18 for the year. I go by Rivals as my source since they are usually completely official even though others sometimes confirm before they do.

As of today (2-7-12 at 6:00 P.M.) we have 4 verbal commitments and 8 offers (7 in state and 1 out of state). These are as follows:

Verbal Commitments:

1. OL Jake Raulerson, Celina
2. WR Jake Oliver, Dallas
3. DT A'Shaun Robinson, Fort Worth
4. QB Tyrone Swoopes, Whitewright

The Instate offers are as follows:

1. OL Darius James, Harker Heights
2. ATH Kyle Hicks, Arlington
3. WR Ra'Shaad Samples, Dallas
4. WR Ricky Seals-Jones, Sealy
5. RB Donte Wilson, Desoto
6. DT Justin Manning, Dallas
7. TE Durham Smythe, Belton

The out of state recruit consists of the following:

1. DB(S) Marcell Harris, Florida

Old Tiger
02-18-2012, 07:59 PM
#5 is in and it is RB/ATH Kyle Hicks out of Arlington Martin.

Matt,

What do you think of him as a RB prospect?

Phil C
02-18-2012, 10:12 PM
Great news indeed! Welcome to Austin Mr. Hicks.

Phil C
02-18-2012, 10:18 PM
As of today (2-18-12 at 9:00 P.M.) we have 5 verbal commitments and 7 offers (6 in state and 1 out of state). These are as follows:

Verbal Commitments:

5. RB Kyle Hicks, Arlington

The Instate offers are as follows:

2. WR Ra'Shaad Samples, Dallas
3. WR Ricky Seals-Jones, Sealy
4. RB Donte Wilson, Desoto
5. DT Justin Manning, Dallas
6. TE Durham Smythe, Belton

The out of state recruit consists of the following:

Phil C
02-21-2012, 05:23 PM
Ricky Seals-Jones is expected to announce his decision tomorrow (Wednesday). Texas is favored by most but you never know.

navscanmaster
02-21-2012, 09:27 PM
Ricky Seals-Jones is expected to announce his decision tomorrow (Wednesday). Texas is favored by most but you never know.

He'll be a Horn, for now. If LSU picks up the heat, it could get dirty, though. I wouldn't blame them after losing Torshiro Davis on NSD to Mack.

Old Tiger
02-22-2012, 12:11 AM
Another top 30 recruit in the country who plays defensive end says hes very interested in the horns.

SHSBulldog00
02-22-2012, 12:14 AM
Another top 30 recruit in the country who plays defensive end says hes very interested in the horns.

Got a name?

Old Tiger
02-22-2012, 12:24 AM
Joey bosa

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Joey-Bosa-129378

SHSBulldog00
02-22-2012, 12:28 AM
Joey bosa

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Joey-Bosa-129378

Texas and Michigan State are the only 2 on his list that have yet to offer.

Old Tiger
02-22-2012, 12:38 AM
This report just popped up around 6 this evening

Will be interesting to.see this play out. Joey is oos recruit who is directly showing Texas love like Mack likes for oos guys.

SHSBulldog00
02-22-2012, 12:42 AM
Has Texas ever landed a player out of Florida?

Old Tiger
02-22-2012, 12:58 AM
Under Mack Texas hardly ever recruited Florida idk why. Things are changing at ut though with 2 guys in Florida expressing interest in Texas

Marcell Harris who has been on campus twice already on his own dime
Joey bosa whose dad is a former 1st round draft pick in the NFL

Old Tiger
02-22-2012, 11:09 AM
Texas will not take another QB in this class.

Phil C
02-22-2012, 02:46 PM
I have heard from other free web sites that Ricky Seals-Jones has chosen Texas.

Old Tiger
02-22-2012, 02:47 PM
Ricky Seals-Jones becomes the #6 recruit for the 2013 Class

That makes two 5 stars and four 4 stars to start off the class with!

Phil C
02-22-2012, 02:49 PM
Ricky Seals-Jones becomes the #6 recruit for the 2013 Class

That makes two 5 stars and four 4 stars to start off the class with!

Great news indeed!

Phil C
02-22-2012, 02:53 PM
As of today (2-22-12 at 1:50 P.M.) we have 6 verbal commitments and 6 offers (5 in state and 1 out of state). These are as follows:

Verbal Commitments:

6. WR Ricky Seals-Jones, Sealy

The 5 Instate offers are as follows:

3. RB Donte Wilson, Desoto
4. DT Justin Manning, Dallas
5. TE Durham Smythe, Belton

The 1 out of state recruit consists of the following:

SHSBulldog00
02-22-2012, 09:45 PM
As of today (2-22-12 at 1:50 P.M.) we have 6 verbal commitments and 6 offers (5 in state and 1 out of state). These are as follows:

Verbal Commitments:

The 1 out of state recruit consists of the following:

Big get for UT.

Old Tiger
02-23-2012, 12:34 AM
247 is still reporting that there is a silent cokmit who hasn't announced yet.

Durham Smythe is going to be in Austin tomorrow for first spring practice.

Old Tiger
02-23-2012, 10:20 PM
Texas has extended an offer to von bell out of georgia. Hes is the #24 player in the country and plays db. Says he likes Texas and has no favorite

Phil C
02-23-2012, 11:52 PM
Thanks for the information Old. More offers should be coming in the next few days as the second junior day is th is Saturday.

As of today (2-24-12 at 12:50 P.M.) we have 6 verbal commitments and 7 offers (5 in state and 2 out of state). These are as follows:

Verbal Commitments:

The 2 out of state recruits consist of the following:

2. DB Vonn Bell, Georgia

Phil C
02-25-2012, 02:29 PM
The second junior day is going on. I will update the list but they have offered Dallas OL Kent Perkins so far.

SHSBulldog00
02-26-2012, 02:06 AM
This looks good to me OT Josh Thomas Shreveport Evangel

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/1316/joshthomastexas.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/252/joshthomastexas.jpg/)

http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/2913/joshthomastexas3.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/684/joshthomastexas3.jpg/)

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/1091/joshthomastexas4.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/513/joshthomastexas4.jpg/)

Z-RO
02-26-2012, 03:43 PM
LB Deoundrei Davis of Cypress Woods makes #7.

What great news to wake up to when it seemed like we'd have to wait a few weeks for more offers. Mack sent a message to Davis last night on Facebook around 10 p.m. with an official offer. Here are some quotes:

"They offered me last night. I slept on it, prayed on it and my heart and body told me this is the place for me," Davis said. "Meeting coach Brown, coach (Manny) Diaz and coach (Oscar) Giles, that just made me feel welcome. The whole Texas staff did."

"Getting my degree from Texas, being from Texas, being a Texas Longhorn has always been a dream of mine and now I'm making my dream come true."

"Texas has been my team since I was two years old when I started watching football. Being able to play for them, that's always a dream for me. They made it possible by offering me and now it's a dream come true."

"I feel like I can bring a great deal to the defense, have an immediate impact. My speed and my aggressiveness are my strengths," Davis said. "And I'm a ballhawk. Wherever ball is, that's where I'll be."

"I'm solid with my commitment to Texas. That's where I want to be," he said. "It's a good feeling. It's an even better feeling knowing that it's the school that I've always wanted to go to, the Texas Longhorns. I want to bring that national championship back to Texas, my home state."

Z-RO
02-26-2012, 04:52 PM
#8 is now in as well. WR Jacorey Warrick from Cypress Falls has just committed to the good guys.

Old Tiger
02-26-2012, 05:21 PM
This class is the most athletic class Texas has taken. Everyone is just a playmaker with speed.

Z-RO
02-26-2012, 05:22 PM
You know what they say "speed kills" :D

Z-RO
02-26-2012, 06:13 PM
Quotes from the coach of ATH Jacorey Warrick:

"He did it about an hour ago," said Cy Falls head coach Kirk Eaton. "He went down there yesterday and waned to see where he fit in to the program. Coach (Oscar) Giles has done a great job recruiting him. He's been up front with him."

"They initially started recruiting him as an athlete. In fact, when he went to the camp last year I think Jacorey actually put DB on the questionnaire that he filled out. He just had to go down there, see what coach (Mack) Brown, coach (Darrell) Wyatt and coach Giles thought about it."

"They discussed it yesterday and he got a great feeling from the staff. They told him they want him as a wide receiver. I think he's the slot guy they're looking for in this class."

"He's a great kid. As good a football player he is, he's a better kid. He had so many offers from great schools," Eaton said. "He wanted to get it over sooner rather than later. He said he didn't want schools holding spots for him when could be recruiting other players."

"He's a great young man. If he comes back and say 'Texas is home for me,' that's a decision he didn't just make because he was wowed with the facilities or the tradition. He thought it through."

"He's explosive. We put him everywhere - inside, outside, on fly sweeps. He'll run some wildcat for us at quarterback next year," Eaton said. "He's so explosive. He has more than enough speed to blow the top off the coverage. But what makes him truly scary, he can turn a zero yard pass into a score. If you make a mistake, it's a TD with him. He can take a short pass and turn it into a home run ball. That's what he does with our offense, that's what I think he'll do at Texas.

"I think they talked to him about a Jordan Shipley role, working in the slot. He's very, very explosive. He can jump out of the gym. You can't teach athleticism. He adjusts to the ball. But the best thing about him is he's a yes sir kind of kid. He asks what he needs to do to get better. He makes others better around him. Texas got a kid they can trust in the classroom, outside of the classroom and in the community."

Phil C
02-26-2012, 08:33 PM
As of today (2-26-12 at 7:30 P.M.) we have 8 verbal commitments and 9 offers (7 in state and 2 out of state). These are as follows:

Verbal Commitments:

7. LB Deoundrei Davis, Cyrpress Woods
8. WR Jacorey Warrick, Houston

The 7 Instate offers are as follows:

6. DE Daeshan Hall, Lancaster
7. DE Terrodney Prevot, Houston

2. DB Vonn Bell, Georgia

Phil C
02-26-2012, 09:27 PM
DE Daeshan Hall of Lancaster makes No. 9 verbal. I will update the list as we get more chances.

I think we have at least a fair chance on the others except for Manning that I list at 10 percent chance and the two out of staters at 40 percent.

Z-RO
02-26-2012, 10:35 PM
DE Daeshan Hall of Lancaster makes No. 9 verbal. I will update the list as we get more chances.

I think we have at least a fair chance on the others except for Manning that I list at 10 percent chance and the two out of staters at 40 percent.

Quotes from DE Daeshon Hall and his high school coach:

"I had practice early after a playoff win," Hall said. "I just decided that I can't miss this Junior Day, I have to go. I told my mom and we called coach Chambers and he said it was cool that we came late. I had a good time."

"I thought I could fit in with coach Giles and coach Brown," Hall said. "My mom was excited. I called my dad and my uncles and we talked about it. The tradition and the coaching staff makes it a win-win. Plus, I think I can help them win another national championship."

"This is just a blessing, a great opportunity."

"I think coach (Bruce) Chambers really did a good job and made sure he was comfortable when he came down for the junior day. Meeting coach (Mack) Brown and his wife, that made his mom feel comfortable with the situation," said Lancaster head coach Chris Gilbert. "I talked to him on the way back, and he said he felt really comfortable about the visit. Coach Brown, coach Chambers and Oscar Giles - he really felt good about them and where they're trying to go with the program. He mentioned coach Brown being very in tune with his grades. He knew details of his transcript. That made an impression on his mom."

"There's no telling how good he's going to be," Gilbert said. "When he came down, he moved from Seattle, and his favorite sport was basketball. I've had kids that were basketball-first kids that played football. The thing I remember about him, he said 'Coach, I love basketball, but if I get in the weight room, I think I can play on Sundays.' It was a very unique confidence he had."

"I expect him to not only have a chance to ply on Sundays, but also to be really good at it. He has that kind of character about him. This kid's an outstanding young man. He's very intelligent. As soon as his body is ready to play Big 12 football, his mind will be prepared for the mental part as well."

"This is his first time even experiencing Texas football. It's made an impression on him. He goes and plays in the huge stadiums that we have here for high school sports. He hadn't even attended a football camp yet. Some kids, they start kids go to camps when they're freshmen or even before that. He hadn't done any of that."

"He has tremendous upside. He's rangy, has long arms. He's 6-6 and 220 pounds. He runs really well. He's a pass rushing demon. He's really a very good pass rusher. He has a knack for being around the ball and stripping the ball, creating turnovers," coach Hall said. "And he plays the run better than you would think with his body build."

"You can put some weight on him. And he's committed to the work. That's the thing about him, he's really a committed guy."

SHSBulldog00
02-26-2012, 10:41 PM
Daeshon Hall

http://espn.go.com/colleges/texas/football/recruiting/story/_/id/7618959/daeshon-hall-commits-texas-longhorns

Phil C
02-27-2012, 09:44 AM
As of today (2-27-12 at 8:30 A.M.) we have 9 verbal commitments and 9 offers (7 in state and 2 out of state). These are as follows:

Verbal Commitments:

9. DE Daeshon Hall, Lancaster

6. OL Kent Perkins, Dallas
7. DE Torrodney Prevot, Houston

2. DB Vonn Bell, Georgia

Phil C
02-27-2012, 03:11 PM
Kent Perkins makes it an even ten as he commits to the Horns.

As of today (2-27-12 at 2:00 P.M.) we have 10 verbal commitments and 8 offers (6 in state and 2 out of state). These are as follows:

Verbal Commitments:

10. OL Kent Perkins, Dallas

The 6 Instate offers are as follows:

6. DE Torrodney Prevot, Houston

2. DB Vonn Bell, Georgia

Old Tiger
02-27-2012, 07:37 PM
I see you havent listed Su'a Cravens out of california to the offers list.

Phil C
02-27-2012, 07:45 PM
I see you havent listed Su'a Cravens out of california to the offers list.

You are probably right Old but I wait till Rivals says so before I consider it officials and even though he has an offer from an impressive list we aren't included. I think our chances of getting him would be very low.

Z-RO
02-28-2012, 04:43 AM
You are probably right Old but I wait till Rivals says so before I consider it officials and even though he has an offer from an impressive list we aren't included. I think our chances of getting him would be very low.

I have read on several sites that Texas has offered him as well.

Old Tiger
02-28-2012, 11:55 AM
Naashon Hughes becomes #11 as a greyshirt. It could turn into a 2013 ship though. Gotta love 4 star talent that wants to be at texas that bad.

SHSBulldog00
02-28-2012, 01:01 PM
Naashon Hughes becomes #11 as a greyshirt. It could turn into a 2013 ship though. Gotta love 4 star talent that wants to be at texas that bad.

Hughes is a nice pick up. It shows that this has the makings of another special class.

Matthew328
02-28-2012, 02:00 PM
What class at Texas isn't special? LOL

Phil C
02-28-2012, 02:25 PM
As of today (2-28-12 at 1:00 P.M.) we have 11 verbal commitments and 8 offers (6 in state and 2 out of state). These are as follows:

Verbal Commitments:

11. LB Raashon Hughes, Harker Heights (Greyshirt)

6. DE Torrodney Prevot, Houston

2. DB Vonn Bell, Georgia

Z-RO
02-28-2012, 04:42 PM
What class at Texas isn't special? LOL

2012 and 2013 have been crazy good though. The past staff obviously had a problem evaluating the "talent" they were bringing in, especially on the OL and DL.

Phil C
02-28-2012, 09:36 PM
2012 and 2013 have been crazy good though. The past staff obviously had a problem evaluating the "talent" they were bringing in, especially on the OL and DL.

I agree. They are being very careful in evaluating the talent now it seems which should result in better Line play which is where games are mainly won or lost.

Old Tiger
02-29-2012, 12:24 AM
07-09 classes

SHSBulldog00
03-02-2012, 02:58 PM
Von Bell is a 6'0 190lb safety from Ridgeland HS, Rossville, Georgia

He has several other offers from Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, Ole Miss, Oklahoma State, Vanderbilt, Alabama and Tennessee

But he said The Texas offer means a lot.

Old Tiger
03-05-2012, 01:17 PM
Darius James makes #12.

Ville-D
03-05-2012, 01:31 PM
I watched Tyrone Swoopes play basketball this weekend at the regional tournament in Stephenville. He is an impressive athlete. They lost to Brock, but put up a good fight.

Phil C
03-05-2012, 02:53 PM
Darius James makes #12.

Great news indeed! :clap:

Phil C
03-05-2012, 02:56 PM
As of today (3-5-12 at 1:00 P.M.) we have 12 verbal commitments and 7 offers (5 in state and 2 out of state). These are as follows:

Verbal Commitments:

12. OL Darrius James, Harker Heights

1. WR Ra'Shaad Samples, Dallas
2. RB Donte Wilson, Desoto
3. DT Justin Manning, Dallas
4. TE Durham Smythe, Belton
5. DE Torrodney Prevot, Houston

2. DB Vonn Bell, Georgia

SHSBulldog00
03-05-2012, 11:39 PM
I didn't realize Darrius James was 6'6 324 that's a HUGE Center!!!!!!:eek:

Phil C
03-06-2012, 12:41 PM
According to some other free web sites Mr. Smythe is expected to announce his decision on Friday. It is expected to be between UT and Stanford with UT getting the edge. We will see.

Phil C
03-07-2012, 04:13 PM
Rivals reporting that Texas has been in contact w Cali S/OLB Su'a Cravens, one of the top 2013 prospects nationally.

I still don't have him listed because he hasn't been officially offered yet according to Rivals but I have read that the UT Coaches have kept in touch with him and are very interested in him. If he were to decide to come here you can bet he will be offered and room will be made for him. He has a large impressive list of offers already which include Alabama, USCc, Stanford, Oklahoma and Notre Dame to name a few. Unfortunately I think our chances are at 20% but you never know.

Old Tiger
03-08-2012, 09:15 PM
Hearing #13 is in and its Durham Smythe, TE, out of Belton.

Phil C
03-08-2012, 10:08 PM
Hearing #13 is in and its Durham Smythe, TE, out of Belton.

Confirmed by Rivals Old! A lucky 13 indeed.

Phil C
03-08-2012, 10:18 PM
As of today (3-8-12 at 9:15 P.M.) we have 13 verbal commitments and 6 offers (4 in state and 2 out of state). These are as follows:

Verbal Commitments:

12. OL Darius James, Harker Heights
13. TE Durham Smythe, Belton

The 4 Instate offers are as follows:

4. DE Torrodney Prevot, Houston

2. DB Vonn Bell, Georgia

Z-RO
03-08-2012, 11:05 PM
This class is just insane thus far :2thumbsup

Old Tiger
03-09-2012, 09:09 AM
Justin manning is planning on being at the spring game April 1st

Phil C
03-09-2012, 04:54 PM
Regarding the six offers as of today I rate our chances at getting any of the out of staters as very low at 20%. Even though Manning is coming to UT for the spring football game I feel he has too many ties to Oklahoma where his older brother played and I rate our chances there as low or 20%.
I rate our chances of getting Wilson as a low fair or 51%.
I rate our chances at getting Samples and Prevot as good or 80%.

I expect that we will only be able to take 18 in this class (or at the most 20) so there won't be too many other offers going out. I am hoping we get another good TE and DB.

We will see.

Z-RO
03-09-2012, 06:33 PM
There have been a lot of negative reports coming out of Oklahoma here lately and his interview in regards to OU have came off as anything but flattering. With this class stacking up the way it has and OU only having one commit I would put Texas' chances higher than 20%. The brother thing does hurt, but I do not think it is insurmountable, Jackson Jeffcoats sister committed to play basketball for the Sooners before he committed to Texas so I think the sibling thing is a little over rated.

Old Tiger
03-09-2012, 06:50 PM
Regarding the six offers as of today I rate our chances at getting any of the out of staters as very low at 20%. Even though Manning is coming to UT for the spring football game I feel he has too many ties to Oklahoma where his older brother played and I rate our chances there as low or 20%.
I rate our chances of getting Wilson as a low fair or 51%.
I rate our chances at getting Samples and Prevot as good or 80%.

I expect that we will only be able to take 18 in this class (or at the most 20) so there won't be too many other offers going out. I am hoping we get another good TE and DB.

We will see.Aside from his brother the biggest connection is Wyatt(who recruited his brother to Oklahoma). His family loved Wyatt while he was being recruited to Oklahoma. That hopefully carries over to Texas.

Phil C
04-02-2012, 11:19 PM
As of today (4-2-12 at 11:15 P.M.) we have 13 verbal commitments and 8 offers (6 in state and 2 out of state). These are as follows:

Verbal Commitments:

The 4 Instate offers are as follows:

5. DB(CB) Antwuan Davis, Bastrop
6. DB Maurice Smith, Sugar Land

2. DB Vonn Bell, Georgia

Phil C
04-04-2012, 11:48 AM
As of today (4-4-12 at 11:30 A.M.) we have 13 verbal commitments and 9 offers (6 in state and 3 out of state). These are as follows:

Verbal Commitments:

5. DB(CB) Antwuan Davis, Bastrop
6. DB Maurice Smith, Sugar Land

The 3 out of state recruits consist of the following:

2. DB Vonn Bell, Georgia
3. LB Jermain Grace, Florida

Phil C
05-04-2012, 01:02 PM
Antwuan Davis commits today so we can have another update.

As of today (5-4-12 at 11:30 A.M.) we have 14 verbal commitments and 8 offers (5 in state and 3 out of state). These are as follows:

Verbal Commitments:

14. DB Antwuan Davis, Bastrop

5. DB Maurice Smith, Sugar Land

2. DB Vonn Bell, Georgia

Old Tiger
05-04-2012, 02:15 PM
You can probably take samples and manning off that list.

Phil C
05-04-2012, 04:03 PM
You can probably take samples and manning off that list.

I'm sure you are right but I always leave them on because you never can tell who might change at the last moment like we had for the 2012 Class.

Old Tiger
05-04-2012, 04:37 PM
I'm sure you are right but I always leave them on because you never can tell who might change at the last moment like we had for the 2012 Class.Texas coaches told samples they are going to focus on other targets. My guess would be robbie rhodes

Phil C
05-07-2012, 11:33 AM
As of today (5-7-12 at 11:30 A.M.) we have 14 verbal commitments and 10 offers (7 in state and 3 out of state). These are as follows:

Verbal Commitments:

6. WR Chevoski Collins, LIvingston
7. WR Robbie Rhodes, Fort Worth

2. DB Vonn Bell, Georgia

Old Tiger
05-07-2012, 12:09 PM
Chevoski Collins was offered

Old Tiger
05-07-2012, 12:26 PM
Chevoski Collins was offered as a DB not a WR.

Phil C
05-07-2012, 12:56 PM
Chevoski Collins was offered as a DB not a WR.

I didn't know that. Rivals has him listed as a WR.

Old Tiger
05-09-2012, 12:46 PM
Cole Luke DB from Chandler, Arizona has received an offer as of today.

He is ranked #62 in the 247 rankings.

PhiI C
05-09-2012, 08:23 PM
As of today (5-9-12 at 8:00 P.M.) we have 14 verbal commitments and 11 offers (7 in state and 4 out of state). These are as follows:

Verbal Commitments:

The 4 out of state recruits consist of the following:

2. DB Vonn Bell, Georgia
4. DB Cole Luke, Arizona

SHSBulldog00
05-17-2012, 01:23 PM
WR Ra'Shaad Samples will announce his verbal at @ TheOpening2012. In Beaverton, Oregon Big news for July.

Old Tiger
05-17-2012, 01:39 PM
WR Ra'Shaad Samples will announce his verbal at @ TheOpening2012. In Beaverton, Oregon Big news for July.I would be shocked if it was Texas. I mean shocked.

Texas has parted ways with Samples and put their focus on Rhodes.

Phil C
06-04-2012, 09:23 AM
Yesterday a surprise committment as we get DB Erik Huhn of Cibolo who is considered a good safety. I think he visited Texas and he is one of those UT fans that said he could commit on the spot if offered and after evaluation he was offered and accepted. He had offers from TCU, Baylor, Nebraska and Oklahoma who was recruiting him really hard. This class is filling up and I don't think they will take but maybe 3 or 4 more in this class. This is another good pick up for the Horns.

As of today (6-4-12 at 8:00 A.M.) we have 15 verbal commitments and 11 offers (7 in state and 4 out of state). These are as follows:

Verbal Commitments:

15. DB Erik Huhn, Cibolo

2. DB Vonn Bell, Georgia
4. DB Cole Luke, Arizona

hookandladder
06-04-2012, 02:33 PM
Yesterday a surprise committment as we get DB Erik Huhn of Cibolo who is considered a good safety. I think he visited Texas and he is one of those UT fans that said he could commit on the spot if offered and after evaluation he was offered and accepted. He had offers from TCU, Baylor, Nebraska and Oklahoma who was recruiting him really hard. This class is filling up and I don't think they will take but maybe 3 or 4 more in this class. This is another good pick up for the Horns.

As of today (6-4-12 at 8:00 A.M.) we have 15 verbal commitments and 11 offers (7 in state and 4 out of state). These are as follows:

Verbal Commitments:

15. DB Erik Huhn, Cibolo

2. DB Vonn Bell, Georgia
4. DB Cole Luke, Arizona

My son attended the camp yesterday, I was able to watch the Swoopes kid all day and he is a very good looking athlete however it looks like Texas will be running the ball a lot if he is at QB. Also RSJ turned up limping at the end of the camp, hopefully it was something just minor.

Phil C
06-05-2012, 04:13 PM
Another offer has been extended to DT Andrew Billings of Waco. I hope we get him because I would like to get another DT. He has offers from other schools such as Boise State, Baylor, TCU, and Mississippi State.

As of today (6-5-12 at 4:00 P.M.) we have 15 verbal commitments and 12 offers (8 in state and 4 out of state). These are as follows:

Verbal Commitments:

15. DB Erik Huhn, Cibolo

The 8 Instate offers are as follows:

8. DT Andrew Billings, Waco

2. DB Vonn Bell, Georgia
4. DB Cole Luke, Arizona

Old Tiger
06-05-2012, 04:17 PM
I think the coaching staff is expecting a lot of attrition this summer/fall.

Roughneck93
06-05-2012, 09:16 PM
Ricky Seals-Jones decommits from Texas....

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/colleges/texas/post?id=4115&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fblo g%2fcolleges%2ftexas%2fpost%3fid%3d4115

Phil C
06-06-2012, 07:51 AM
Not one that I expected but this usually happens once or twice a year. Thank goodness it is early in the year and we have time to recruit since he at least didn't make it in the last month like some of them do.

Lion70
06-06-2012, 08:16 AM
Ricky Seals-Jones decommits from Texas....

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/colleges/texas/post?id=4115&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2

finsider.espn.go.com%2fblog%2fcolleges%2ftexas%2fp ost%3fid%3d4115

thats good news no matter where he goes.

Phil C
06-06-2012, 08:29 AM
From what I have read he is just considering other options and that he may still go to UT.

Txbroadcaster
06-06-2012, 08:42 AM
thats good news no matter where he goes.

why is that?

Roughneck93
06-06-2012, 08:57 AM
Speculation out there that RSJ's desire to play both basketball and football is a reason for his decommitment? Any chance Texas allows him that option like Baylor and LSU have?

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/8014189/ricky-seals-jones-top-wr-recruit-decommints-texas-longhorns

gatordaze
06-06-2012, 09:10 AM
Speculation out there that RSJ's desire to play both basketball and football is a reason for his decommitment? Any chance Texas allows him that option like Baylor and LSU have?

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/8014189/ricky-seals-jones-top-wr-recruit-decommints-texas-longhorns

Barnes has told him he can hoop at Texas

Lion70
06-06-2012, 09:22 AM
why is that?

Your serious too .

Txbroadcaster
06-06-2012, 10:27 AM
Your serious too .

yes..why is it good news?

Matthew328
06-06-2012, 10:56 AM
I dont think its out of the question another kid of two decommits from Texas...people are starting to use the attrition argument against them and it seems to be having an affect on a few kids

Phil C
06-06-2012, 11:12 AM
As of today (6-6-12 at 8:00 A.M.) we have 14 verbal commitments and 13 offers (9 in state and 4 out of state). These are as follows:

Verbal Commitments:

6. LB Deoundrei Davis, Cyrpress Woods
7. WR Jacorey Warrick, Houston
8. DE Daeshon Hall, Lancaster
9. OL Kent Perkins, Dallas
10. LB Raashon Hughes, Harker Heights (Greyshirt)
11. OL Darius James, Harker Heights
12. TE Durham Smythe, Belton
13. DB Antwuan Davis, Bastrop
14. DB Erik Huhn, Cibolo

The 9 Instate offers are as follows:

2. RB Dontre Wilson, Desoto
8. DT Andrew Billings, Waco
9. WR Ricky Seals-Jones, Sealy

2. DB Vonn Bell, Georgia
4. DB Cole Luke, Arizona

Phil C
06-06-2012, 11:34 AM
Some of these late offers may be going out due to hesitating or lack of interest in some recruits. I list our chances as following and most are low:

Wilson at 1% as he has already commited to Oregon.

Manning at 10%.

Samples, Prevot, Smith, Collins and Rhodes at 40%

Billins at 80%

Seals-Jones at 60% (I still feel we have a very good chance to get him back.)

Old Tiger
06-06-2012, 11:57 AM
I dont think its out of the question another kid of two decommits from Texas...people are starting to use the attrition argument against them and it seems to be having an affect on a few kidsIt works for Alabama so I don't see how it can be used against Texas.

Matthew328
06-06-2012, 12:32 PM
its an apples to oranges comparison right now...Alabama > Texas and its not close...when Texas wins its not an issue, but when you have two meh seasons in a row its a factor...

Old Tiger
06-06-2012, 12:36 PM
its an apples to oranges comparison right now...Alabama > Texas and its not close...when Texas wins its not an issue, but when you have two meh seasons in a row its a factor...True true

Dogman_1969
06-06-2012, 09:41 PM
The new staff at Texas has begun to put their stamp on the team. It looks like they really want to become a power run, play action passing team as quickly as they can. Great in theory, quick 3 and out on defensive side, and then a 12 play drive for points. The defense was pretty much there last year but after the injury to Fozzy and the young rb's we really struggled.

Looking for improvement this season.

\m/ Hookem \m/

Pendragon13
06-06-2012, 09:59 PM
The new staff at Texas has begun to put their stamp on the team. It looks like they really want to become a power run, play action passing team as quickly as they can. Great in theory, quick 3 and out on defensive side, and then a 12 play drive for points. The defense was pretty much there last year but after the injury to Fozzy and the young rb's we really struggled.

Looking for improvement this season.

\m/ Hookem \m/Next year ya'll have 3 RB's...each of which could be the featured back at any other school, not to mention Vince Young 2.0 (Swoopes) No excuses..;)

Phil C
06-06-2012, 10:52 PM
Next year ya'll have 3 RB's...each of which could be the featured back at any other school, not to mention Vince Young 2.0 (Swoopes) No excuses..;)

Good point but a lot depends on the play of the OL.

Dogman_1969
06-07-2012, 07:30 AM
All Longhorn fans hope that we could get another player the quality of VY. Most people still remember VY as a runner but if you look back at the tape you find that he was also a good passer but could take over the game when teams sat back to defend the pass. Hopefully our QB's develope into the type of players that we hope they can. If they do and the OL jells then the team will be solid.

Lion70
06-07-2012, 08:26 AM
yes..why is it good news?

I guess if you hadn't guess I am a Aggie fan so there loss is always good news too me.

Txbroadcaster
06-07-2012, 08:37 AM
I guess if you hadn't guess I am a Aggie fan so there loss is always good news too me.

so you would rather a possible stud go to LSU who is now one of your conference foe's and might be your biggest or 2nd biggest rival in the conference over going to UT a team that now has nothing to do with your school's success?

Lion70
06-07-2012, 08:52 AM
so you would rather a possible stud go to LSU who is now one of your conference foe's and might be your biggest or 2nd biggest rival in the conference over going to UT a team that now has nothing to do with your school's success?

As long as he is on A&M radar I am happy. Lsu will always get theirs. The SEC move will only improve are quality of recruits. Of course we need to be stay competive to maintain it or end up like the Baylor of the SEC.

Old Tiger
06-07-2012, 11:12 AM
Anyone know anything about his AAU coach?

hookandladder
06-07-2012, 05:18 PM
I just cannot understand why Texas cannot get a complete QB, one that can take over a game like RG III. Swoopes is no where near Vince Young or RG III, there has to be someone better out there.

Saggy Aggie
06-07-2012, 06:17 PM
so you would rather a possible stud go to LSU who is now one of your conference foe's and might be your biggest or 2nd biggest rival in the conference over going to UT a team that now has nothing to do with your school's success? what makes you think hes going to LSU?

From what i hear A&M is on his short list of schools he's interested in as well?

hookandladder
06-07-2012, 08:12 PM
what makes you think hes going to LSU?

From what i hear A&M is on his short list of schools he's interested in as well?

He is going to go to a school that has a QB who can throw the ball, weather it is LSU or Aggies. It is not Texas, if he goes to Texas they will want him to block 75% of the time. Also he does not want to give up BB and personally after watching him , he could possible play both in college and choose which one he wants to go Pro in. He is that gifted of an athlete.

Saggy Aggie
06-07-2012, 08:57 PM
Baylor/tamu/Lsu have all told him he can play both sports from what I understand and of course Texas is still in it.

It'll just be up to him.

Phil C
06-07-2012, 10:12 PM
Baylor/tamu/Lsu have all told him he can play both sports from what I understand and of course Texas is still in it.

It'll just be up to him.

LSU's credibility has suffered with what they have promised other athletes and didn't deliver.

Manso/V8
06-07-2012, 10:58 PM

It'll just be up to him.

Some schools dangle the you can play both carrot, but the reality is, they usually just end up playing football. Maybe he could, but it would be real tough to play both at that level. I get the impression that BB is his preferred sport, but that is just a guess. The kids around here say that he really doesn't like to get hit in football, but I haven't noticed anything to back that up.

I have seen him play hoops for several years, and he certainly is a dominant player at the 3a level. He is a beast on the boards and has pretty good ups. I haven't seen him play AAU ball, that would be the real measure. At 6'5" he would really be a 2 or a 3 at the upper echelon D1 level, and I haven't seen the ball handling or perimeter shooting skills to warrant that.......but I am just a casual fan, and he said his game has improved this year, so maybe he can play at that level. If that is what he wants to do, more power to him. I can't think of any (maybe yall can) examples of kids playing football and BB at the same time at an upper echelon D1 school. We can all name basketball players who moved on to play football after hoopin' it for four years, either with another year of eligibility and/or in the NFL. I think he has more upside in football at WR or TE, but it doesn't matter what I think, it is what he wants to do that is important.

OLE'BULL
06-08-2012, 08:05 AM
Some schools dangle the you can play both carrot, but the reality is, they usually just end up playing football. Maybe he could, but it would be real tough to play both at that level. I get the impression that BB is his preferred sport, but that is just a guess. The kids around here say that he really doesn't like to get hit in football, but I haven't noticed anything to back that up.

I have seen him play hoops for several years, and he certainly is a dominant player at the 3a level. He is a beast on the boards and has pretty good ups. I haven't seen him play AAU ball, that would be the real measure. At 6'5" he would really be a 2 or a 3 at the upper echelon D1 level, and I haven't seen the ball handling or perimeter shooting skills to warrant that.......but I am just a casual fan, and he said his game has improved this year, so maybe he can play at that level. If that is what he wants to do, more power to him. I can't think of any (maybe yall can) examples of kids playing football and BB at the same time at an upper echelon D1 school. We can all name basketball players who moved on to play football after hoopin' it for four years, either with another year of eligibility and/or in the NFL. I think he has more upside in football at WR or TE, but it doesn't matter what I think, it is what he wants to do that is important.

Charlie Ward, FSU. He was a great QB for the 'Noles. Heisman Trophy winner, won them a National Championship. Got drafted in the MLB draft (though he never played baseball). BUT, went on to to get drafted in the first round of the NBA draft. I think he is probably the most talented athlete to go through the college ranks. Dont know many guys who got drafted in 2 sports, and would have been a mid rounder in the NFL draft had he chose to declare...

OLE'BULL
06-08-2012, 08:08 AM
Also, I think Charlie Ward is in the college football HOF

BEAST
06-08-2012, 08:51 AM
Didnt Marty B do it at A&M?

BEAST

Phil C
06-15-2012, 12:18 PM
As of today (6-14-12 at 12:15 P.M.) we have 14 verbal commitments and 11 offers (7 in state and 4 out of state). These are as follows:

Verbal Commitments:

14. DB Erik Huhn, Cibolo

2. DT Justin Manning, Dallas
3. DE Torrodney Prevot, Houston
4. WR Chevoski Collins, LIvingston
5. DT Andrew Billings, Waco
7. OL Caleb Benewoch, Katy

2. DB Vonn Bell, Georgia
4. DB Cole Luke, Arizona

Phil C
06-15-2012, 12:23 PM
I have updated my list above to take out offers that have committed to other schools. It is true they still have offers and we might get one or two to change their minds but I think that the odds are 5% that it might happen and we should just eliminate them unless we hear something different. As of our offers I still rate Manning and the out of staters chances at 10%, Samples, Prevot, & Collins at 40%, Andrew Billings at 80%, Jones at 60% (I still think we have a good shot), and Benewoch at 75%.

A team out of Dallas my son played with for a season played up in a tournament against him as freshman. He played for Texas Pro (sophmore) and he is very good. We beat them but we had some of the best talent in the metroplex on this team. (Dallas Metro Mustangs Derrin Williams) Football is probably his best bet. He is better than Swoops in basketball by a large margin I have seen him play as well in person. He (Swoops) is big but not what i consider skilled in basketball just real athletic. RSJ has both but I have to go with football unless he spends more time in the gym.

1st and goal
06-18-2012, 12:53 PM
Heard on Austin news last night that Ricky Seals Jones has decommited. Might still be a chance, but seems he wants to play baseball and football and is giving his other offers another look. I could swear they said baseball??? Wonder if they meant basketball??? There might be a totally different story behind the scenes who knows.... Anyone have any further downlow info?

Old Tiger
06-18-2012, 12:57 PM
Heard on Austin news last night that Ricky Seals Jones has decommited. Might still be a chance, but seems he wants to play baseball and football and is giving his other offers another look. There might be a totally different story behind the scenes who knows.... Anyone have any further downlow info?http://www.minooka.com/images/Pic-PoliceBreakingNews.gif

Phil C
06-22-2012, 02:37 PM
As of today (6-22-12 at 2:30 P.M.) we have 15 verbal commitments and 7 offers (5 in state and 2 out of state). These are as follows:

Verbal Commitments:

14. DB Erik Huhn, Cibolo
15. TE Geoff Swain, California (Junior College Transfer)

1. DE Torrodney Prevot, Houston
2. WR Chevoski Collins, LIvingston
3. DT Andrew Billings, Waco
5. OL Caleb Benewoch, Katy

1. DB Vonn Bell, Georgia
2. DB Cole Luke, Arizona

Phil C
06-22-2012, 02:39 PM
The above is another update and I have eliminated some recruits who have committed elsewhere or don't seem to have any interest in UT. With the 15th committment we are very short on room for more and I don't expect to take more than maybe 3 or 4 more in this class.

Saggy Aggie
06-28-2012, 02:25 PM
I heard Daeshon hall decommitted

Lion70
06-29-2012, 04:56 AM
I heard Daeshon hall decommitted

Yes I think his parents are getting back together ( Seattle) so he wants to be closer to home not the fact he caught himself from going to that school in austin. Look for Usc or Oregon to get him instead of Wash/ST.

Phil C
06-29-2012, 11:38 AM
Since Hall decommitted I have taken him off the list and feel that our chances are 30%. Since he is from Washington I guess he decided he wanted to play in that area. Anyway it is good to know now so he can be replaced.

As of today (6-29-12 at 11:30 A.M.) we have 14 verbal commitments and 7 offers (5 in state and 2 out of state). These are as follows:

Verbal Commitments:

8. OL Kent Perkins, Dallas
9. LB Raashon Hughes, Harker Heights (Greyshirt)
10. OL Darius James, Harker Heights
11. TE Durham Smythe, Belton
12. DB Antwuan Davis, Bastrop
13. DB Erik Huhn, Cibolo
14. TE Geoff Swain, California (Junior College Transfer)

1. DE Torrodney Prevot, Houston
2. WR Chevoski Collins, LIvingston
3. DT Andrew Billings, Waco
5. OL Caleb Benewoch, Katy

1. DB Vonn Bell, Georgia
2. DB Cole Luke, Arizona

Phil C
06-29-2012, 09:13 PM
Make that 1% chance on Hall as he has committed to Washington. Thank goodness it is earlier enough to look at other options.

Z-RO
06-30-2012, 12:38 AM
Really cant blame the kid for wanting to be around his family with his parents trying to work it out.