Whats your plans?

trojandad
06-28-2011, 09:55 AM
Whats your plans?

ummmmmmm, guess......

RoyceTTU
06-28-2011, 09:56 AM
Whats your plans?

My wife is leaving tomorrow for 2 weeks to visit her best friend in Portland, Or. I plan to golf non-stop through the 4th. I'm excited about golfing but I'm sure going to miss her. This will be the longest we've been apart in 5 years. :(

Roughneck93
06-28-2011, 10:00 AM
Whats your plans?Be at the beach most of the weekend with the family.

Gsquared
06-28-2011, 10:08 AM
ummmmmmm, guess......
Ummm, going to your local Mosque? :ack!:

Gsquared
06-28-2011, 10:09 AM
My wife is leaving tomorrow for 2 weeks to visit her best friend in Portland, Or. I plan to golf non-stop through the 4th. I'm excited about golfing but I'm sure going to miss her. This will be the longest we've been apart in 5 years. :(
Lucky dog!

Rabid Cougar
06-28-2011, 10:16 AM
Be on a FOB in the Kunar Valley of Afghanistan with great young American soldiers as they do the thankless job of keeping America safe.

BaseballUmp
I'll be floating the river while inebriated

ccmom
I will be at Lake Brownwood...or what used to be Lake Brownwood. :( Anyway, regardless of the lack of water in the lake, I am looking forward to some relaxation, and perhaps a little wine. :2thumbsup

trojandad
06-28-2011, 10:17 AM
Ummm, going to your local Mosque? :ack!:

cant sneak anything by you, bud.......:lies:

Gsquared
06-28-2011, 10:18 AM
I will be at Lake Brownwood...or what used to be Lake Brownwood. :( Anyway, regardless of the lack of water in the lake, I am looking forward to some relaxation, and perhaps a little wine. :2thumbsup
Yall have fun but be careful out there. Last year I camped at Lake Brownwood after the Stephenville/Brownwood game and I saw a few Snow Snakes in the area.

BEAST
06-28-2011, 10:19 AM
Be on a FOB in the Kunar Valley of Afghanistan with great young American soldiers as they do the thankless job of keeping America safe.

Thanks for what you do. A good friend of mine is on a FOB somewhere over there. Phil Smith. If hes where you are tell him some dude from Brownwood said hello.

BEAST

RoyceTTU
06-28-2011, 10:25 AM

Forgot to mention yesterday, lots of rattlers sunning over the weekend. Be careful.

RoyceTTU
06-28-2011, 10:26 AM
I'll be floating the river while inebriated

Guadalupe? Friend of mine walked half way dragging a cooler and tube. When he could float, he floated still, wouldn't go anywhere. Good Luck. Wife and I are holding off until August in hopes it will pick up

BaseballUmp
06-28-2011, 10:30 AM
Guadalupe? Friend of mine walked half way dragging a cooler and tube. When he could float, he floated still, wouldn't go anywhere. Good Luck. Wife and I are holding off until August in hopes it will pick up

I've floated nearly every weekend for the past 2 month and haven't had any problems really. Been to New Braunfels and Don's in Martindale and had a good time everytime.

RoyceTTU
06-28-2011, 10:36 AM
hmmm,,,this was about a month ago, where you putting in? Gruene?

ccmom
06-28-2011, 10:42 AM
Yall have fun but be careful out there. Last year I camped at Lake Brownwood after the Stephenville/Brownwood game and I saw a few Snow Snakes in the area.

The only kind of camping I will be doing is the kind with air conditioning, comfortable beds, showers with good water pressure, electricity and a fully stocked liquor cabinet.

BaseballUmp
06-28-2011, 10:42 AM
A few times yea at Rockin' R. Most of the time we just go to Don's cuz it's like 5 minutes away or here in town through the park

GrTigers6
06-28-2011, 10:43 AM
Going to Lake Coleman for a reunion. Hopefully its not completely dry when we get there.

Gsquared
06-28-2011, 10:43 AM
The only kind of camping I will be doing is the kind with air conditioning, comfortable beds, showers with good water pressure, electricity and a fully stocked liquor cabinet.
That sounds like the way to go! Infact, add the liquor and ill camp in my living room this weekend! :2thumbsup

GrTigers6
06-28-2011, 10:45 AM
A few times yea at Rockin' R. Most of the time we just go to Don's cuz it's like 5 minutes away or here in town through the parkWe are supposed to go with some friends the weekend of july 22nd, but i not sure where. I hope its up by then.

GrTigers6
06-28-2011, 10:47 AM
The only kind of camping I will be doing is the kind with air conditioning, comfortable beds, showers with good water pressure, electricity and a fully stocked liquor cabinet.We have a fifth wheel, with ac and queen bed. The only way to go:cool:

GrTigers6
06-28-2011, 10:49 AM
Oh and a 90 can cooler for those ice cold beverages:D

BaseballUmp
06-28-2011, 10:50 AM
We are supposed to go with some friends the weekend of july 22nd, but i not sure where. I hope its up by then.

Good luck. The only thing I hate is how ridiculously expensive it is just to sit on your but and drink some beer. Could be better spent at a strip club lol.

At Don's its $5 a person to get in and $12 a tube or to ride the bus even if you have your own tube.
At Rockin' R its like $5 to park on weekends and $15-$18 for a tube.
Then you also have to buy a cooler tube as well.

That's why I like floating in town. Got my own tubes and all I have to buy is the beer and ice.

GrTigers6
06-28-2011, 10:53 AM
Good luck. The only thing I hate is how ridiculously expensive it is just to sit on your but and drink some beer. Could be better spent at a strip club lol.

At Don's its $5 a person to get in and $12 a tube or to ride the bus even if you have your own tube.
At Rockin' R its like $5 to park on weekends and $15-$18 for a tube.
Then you also have to buy a cooler tube as well.

That's why I like floating in town. Got my own tubes and all I have to buy is the beer and ice.Sounds like a plan, we are just following there plans, We have only floated the horseshoe area for about an hour and a half on our way back home one day, just to try it. Decided you needed beer to numb the body from the chilling waters :D

Cam
06-28-2011, 11:22 AM
Going to Dickinson with family to visit some family. Hoping to take my two boys wade fishing somewhere on the coast.

Gsquared
06-28-2011, 11:41 AM
Going to Dickinson with family to visit some family. Hoping to take my two boys wade fishing somewhere on the coast.
Ive never heard of wade fishing. What do you use for bait to catch em?

Old LB
06-28-2011, 11:41 AM

Be sure to check with the locals, sometimes they have bacteria in the water that will cause major illnesses. We were fishing at South Padre a couples years ago and our guide told us to be sure and stay out of the water. Got back home and they had a guy on the news that had a flesh eating bacteria he had caught in the water the same week we were there.

Gsquared
06-28-2011, 11:44 AM
I went to school with a guy named Wade. We used to call him 'Suede Wade"

Old Tiger
06-28-2011, 11:55 AM
I'll be floating the river while inebriatedWith who?

I will be hanging out by the pool friday, floating saturday, and a party sunday.

BaseballUmp
06-28-2011, 11:57 AM
You if you want, if not, I'll find some people lol

Cam
06-28-2011, 11:58 AM
Ive never heard of wade fishing. What do you use for bait to catch em?

well, to catch a big ol' wade fish, a small piece of winona usually does the trick.....I've also tried wanda but wade seems to like winona better...

Old Tiger
06-28-2011, 11:59 AM
You if you want, if not, I'll find some people lolFor sure...too bad for you fine ass will be outta town lol

Cam
06-28-2011, 12:01 PM
Be sure to check with the locals, sometimes they have bacteria in the water that will cause major illnesses. We were fishing at South Padre a couples years ago and our guide told us to be sure and stay out of the water. Got back home and they had a guy on the news that had a flesh eating bacteria he had caught in the water the same week we were there.

Wow, I knew about that stuff but I thought it was more of a freshwater thing....I musta gone wade fishing 300 times when I used to live near Padre....guess them critters don't like me....thanks for the input...maybe I'll go buy some waders now...I'm skeered.....

BaseballUmp
06-28-2011, 12:02 PM
For sure...too bad for you fine ass will be outta town lol

damn lol I see that girl Crystal? like almost everyday at the bus stop lol

Gsquared
06-28-2011, 12:03 PM
well, to catch a big ol' wade fish, a small piece of winona usually does the trick.....I've also tried wanda but wade seems to like winona better...
Do they sell winona at Wal Mart or do you have to just get at a Marina?

Old Tiger
06-28-2011, 12:04 PM
damn lol I see that girl Crystal? like almost everyday at the bus stop lolShoulda seen her bent over that night and in her bikini...that was hard to not get caught looking at lol

I think were trying to get her to come

BaseballUmp
06-28-2011, 12:06 PM
Shoulda seen her bent over that night and in her bikini...that was hard to not get caught looking at lol

I think were trying to get her to come

Haha definitely should

Old Tiger
06-28-2011, 12:10 PM
Haha definitely shouldyou should just go for the hybrid that I keep offering you that is jonesing for it

BaseballUmp
06-28-2011, 12:13 PM
you should just go for the hybrid that I keep offering you that is jonesing for it

Hahaha I'm good right now folk

Cam
06-28-2011, 01:02 PM
Do they sell winona at Wal Mart or do you have to just get at a Marina?

No, Marina don't like Winona. Apparently "Barb" told Marina that Winona has been "bumping a fish" named "Rod". Turns out "Rod" is Marina's main "plug". So, all this "Rod action" has got Marina in "knots" cause her man is "playing fish" with some "loose feed". It didn't help matters that Winona told Marina she had an "eye" on his big "lunker" and bragged about his "hook length". Apparently, Winona has been trying to "lure" "Rod" with some "striking" thongs made from "braided line". Didn't help matters that she went into Marina's place and bought out all the "float rubbers" and told her she just might "drag" this "fisherman's tale" for some continued "bobbin" and maybe even have some of his "fry". So, this "plumming the depth" drama continues and has become a real "drag" for Marina. Even called Winona "ground bait" and a "bait dropper" who liked to eat "maggots". Warned her if she ever sees her again she would "disgorger" and put her head on a "swivel". Winona better not be within "striking" distance of this "fish finder" cause she'll end up a "bread punch" with "catch and release" not an option. Don't think Winona's listening though cause the other day saw her and "Rod" going out for a "spinner" and a "bite" near a "drop off".......and that's quite a "fish story" ain't it??

Gsquared
06-28-2011, 01:09 PM
No, Marina don't like Winona. Apparently "Barb" told Marina that Winona has been "bumping a fish" named "Rod". Turns out "Rod" is Marina's main "plug". So, all this "Rod action" has got Marina in "knots" cause her man is "playing fish" with some "loose feed". It didn't help matters that Winona told Marina she had an "eye" on his big "lunker" and bragged about his "hook length". Apparently, Winona has been trying to "lure" "Rod" with some "striking" thongs made from "braided line". Didn't help matters that she went into Marina's place and bought out all the "float rubbers" and told her she just might "drag" this "fisherman's tale" for some continued "bobbin" and maybe even have some of his "fry". So, this "plumming the depth" drama continues and has become a real "drag" for Marina. Even called Winona "ground bait" and a "bait dropper" who liked to eat "maggots". Warned her if she ever sees her again she would "disgorger" and put her head on a "swivel". Winona better not be within "striking" distance of this "fish finder" cause she'll end up a "bread punch" with "catch and release" not an option. Don't think Winona's listening though cause the other day saw her and "Rod" going out for a "spinner" and a "bite" near a "drop off".......and that's quite a "fish story" ain't it??
I gotta migraine now

RoyceTTU
06-28-2011, 01:11 PM
no, marina don't like winona. Apparently "barb" told marina that winona has been "bumping a fish" named "rod". Turns out "rod" is marina's main "plug". So, all this "rod action" has got marina in "knots" cause her man is "playing fish" with some "loose feed". It didn't help matters that winona told marina she had an "eye" on his big "lunker" and bragged about his "hook length". Apparently, winona has been trying to "lure" "rod" with some "striking" thongs made from "braided line". Didn't help matters that she went into marina's place and bought out all the "float rubbers" and told her she just might "drag" this "fisherman's tale" for some continued "bobbin" and maybe even have some of his "fry". So, this "plumming the depth" drama continues and has become a real "drag" for marina. Even called winona "ground bait" and a "bait dropper" who liked to eat "maggots". Warned her if she ever sees her again she would "disgorger" and put her head on a "swivel". Winona better not be within "striking" distance of this "fish finder" cause she'll end up a "bread punch" with "catch and release" not an option. Don't think winona's listening though cause the other day saw her and "rod" going out for a "spinner" and a "bite" near a "drop off".......and that's quite a "fish story" ain't it??

POTD:clap::clap:

poisoned10
06-28-2011, 01:43 PM
I'll be in Cincinnati watching the Reds vs. Indians.

sTxforlife
06-28-2011, 02:00 PM
I'll be in brenham moving into my dorm to start off the first week of summer workouts

pancho villa
06-28-2011, 03:09 PM
Frio river Hope there is auga

Cam
06-28-2011, 03:14 PM

Auga is a commune in the Pyrénées-Atlantiques department in south-western France.....just sayin'.....everyone picks on my spellin'.....

Phantom Stang
06-28-2011, 03:18 PM

Auga is a commune in the Pyrénées-Atlantiques department in south-western France.....just sayin'.....everyone picks on my spellin'.....
Maybe Pancho speaks Galacian.:D

Cam
06-28-2011, 03:51 PM
I gotta migraine now

Well, you're fault, you asked......

AP Panther Fan
06-28-2011, 03:52 PM

I just took two aspirin at lunch. I should have looked around for something stronger.;)

hollywood
06-28-2011, 04:13 PM

You lush!

Cam
06-28-2011, 04:16 PM
I just took two aspirin at lunch. I should have looked around for something stronger.;)

Sorry....but G2 started it......all this headache talk...come to think of it, now I know why my wife always has headaches...must be me......

hollywood
06-28-2011, 04:17 PM
Sat riding in the Firecracker 100 then consuming some refreshments for that afternoon, Sun a round of golf, then some more refreshments at a pool party that afternoon, Mon parade with the kiddos.

3afan
06-28-2011, 06:07 PM
dunno plans but I'll be in TX!

trojandad
06-28-2011, 06:08 PM
just in case anyones lookin for a place with water to spend the 4th, i just drove by lake livingston expecting it to be down from the draught, but its full to the brim.....must be the waters coming down from all those storms around the metroplex a while back....

for the fishermen (and ladies) among us, find pine island near the dam, use your sounder and while slowly proceeding south toward the dam find the river bottom drop off......anchor on one side of the river bottom, drift over to the other side of the bottom and anchor there, then pull the slack between them until your anchored immediately above the bottom (if you go over the spillway, g2, you went too far, buddy)....:tisk:

take a slab shad and jig it straight up and down near the bottom, especially when you see the school of white bass moving through the river bottom on your sounder, this time of year they run along the bottom to the dam, then back to the lake, turn around a go back to the dam, and do this all day long on 100 degree days......you can hurt yourself on catching fish......enjoy......

LH Panther Mom
06-28-2011, 08:03 PM
We're headed to Lubbock Saturday morning and back home Sunday afternoon. Monday we'll be in the pool & catching up from being out of town. :cool:

BEAST
06-29-2011, 09:14 AM
Me and the fam are leaving today and heading to Galveston. Hoping to have some fun with my 3 sons and wife.

BEAST

Cam
06-29-2011, 09:54 AM
Me and the fam are leaving today and heading to Galveston. Hoping to have some fun with my 3 sons and wife.

BEAST
I don't know Beast, that beach might not be big enough for the both of us! I'll be looking for that Lion sticker on your window that I'll bet you have. Saw one in Austin the other day...Doin' any fishing? I'm still trying to figure out where to take the boys to wet a line. I hear the crowd on the 4th is pretty bad in Galveston.

95mustang
06-29-2011, 09:56 AM
Staying home over the weekend. Our U8 district softball tournament starts Monday. So we will take a few days to relax before spending several out in the sun.

Cam
06-29-2011, 10:03 AM
Ya know...I was just thinkin'....everytime we go to the beach, my wife get's crapped on by a seagull.....twice right in the ear! I still remember her tellin' me to "get it out, get it out"......I'm like, I'm not stickin' my finger in your ear! She got mad so I gave in.....grabbed a tissue but everytime my finger got close, it cramped up....she ended up doing it herself.....off in the distance I could hear the seagulls laughin'.....

BEAST
06-29-2011, 10:13 AM
I don't know Beast, that beach might not be big enough for the both of us! I'll be looking for that Lion sticker on your window that I'll bet you have. Saw one in Austin the other day...Doin' any fishing? I'm still trying to figure out where to take the boys to wet a line. I hear the crowd on the 4th is pretty bad in Galveston.

We are actually leaving on the 4th. We will be there Thursday and leave Monday. You gonna be in Galveston? And yes, Black Expidition with a Lion sticker for sure.

BEAST

BEAST
06-29-2011, 10:14 AM
Ya know...I was just thinkin'....everytime we go to the beach, my wife get's crapped on by a seagull.....twice right in the ear! I still remember her tellin' me to "get it out, get it out"......I'm like, I'm not stickin' my finger in your ear! She got mad so I gave in.....grabbed a tissue but everytime my finger got close, it cramped up....she ended up doing it herself.....off in the distance I could hear the seagulls laughin'.....

I was just now laughing with the seagulls as well.

BEAST

Cam
06-29-2011, 10:29 AM
We are actually leaving on the 4th. We will be there Thursday and leave Monday. You gonna be in Galveston? And yes, Black Expidition with a Lion sticker for sure.

BEAST

Yep, we're leaving Friday and coming back on the 4th. We have relatives in Dickinson and W. Columbia. They're the one's telling us it will be crowded this weekend. Especially the traffic. But I'm sure there's plenty of beach for all the son's-a-beaches that will be there....We decided to rent a van this time so you won't see any Burnet helmet logos from us. Maybe I'll stick one on there...I feel naked without one...all my cars have the logo....even my Cub Cadet riding lawnmower has one...that's weird, I just got a popup that my msg. is too short and to add more characters...this should do it...

greendawg84
06-29-2011, 04:30 PM

Not much there on Memorial Day, they did get 1" of rain last week but dont know if that helped them much.
Plenty of places to sit and enjoy just not much floating going on.

Tx Challenge
06-29-2011, 11:31 PM
Dodgers and Mets in L.A, then off to the Santa Monica Pier

Trashman
06-30-2011, 08:16 AM
Staying home this weekend but headed to the Llano river (or whats left of it) for a family reunion next weekend. :)

pancho villa
06-30-2011, 08:36 AM
Yep, we're leaving Friday and coming back on the 4th. We have relatives in Dickinson and W. Columbia. They're the one's telling us it will be crowded this weekend. Especially the traffic. But I'm sure there's plenty of beach for all the son's-a-beaches that will be there....We decided to rent a van this time so you won't see any Burnet helmet logos from us. Maybe I'll stick one on there...I feel naked without one...all my cars have the logo....even my Cub Cadet riding lawnmower has one...that's weird, I just got a popup that my msg. is too short and to add more characters...this should do it...

Who are your relatives in WC?

eagleqb_14
06-30-2011, 11:54 AM
headed to San Antonio!