PDA

View Full Version : RoyceTTU

ccmom
06-27-2011, 03:29 PM
How was the golf tourney?

Also, is there a tourney going on over there for the holiday weekend? We are spending the weekend at Brownwood Lake and I thought I might try to play a little golf if there was a chance of getting a tee time.

RoyceTTU
06-27-2011, 03:49 PM

Also, is there a tourney going on over there for the holiday weekend? We are spending the weekend at Brownwood Lake and I thought I might try to play a little golf if there was a chance of getting a tee time.

I didn't bring a very good team since it was a sponsorship event for us. 2 of our store managers who dosn't play alot played with me. We managed 4th in the last flight. Shot 75 in the shamble and 70 in the scramble. That left us +1 for the weekend and $500 for the team. To be honest the heat was just about unbearable because the pace of play took 5-1/2 hours. That is way to long to be in 104 degree heat.

I'm not sure about Featherbay(which is where we golfed this weekend) because I don't play there. I havn't heard of any though which I usually atleast hear rumblings of the tourneys out there. I bet your safe getting on out there and if nothing else, you can get a twighlight tee time.

I know Brownwood Country Club has a tourny July 9-10 that we are playing at.

I never heard how Jason did. He played in the same tourney I did.

ccmom
06-27-2011, 03:59 PM
I didn't bring a very good team since it was a sponsorship event for us. 2 of our store managers who dosn't play alot played with me. We managed 4th in the last flight. Shot 75 in the shamble and 70 in the scramble. That left us +1 for the weekend and $500 for the team. To be honest the heat was just about unbearable because the pace of play took 5-1/2 hours. That is way to long to be in 104 degree heat.

I'm not sure about Featherbay(which is where we golfed this weekend) because I don't play there. I havn't heard of any though which I usually atleast hear rumblings of the tourneys out there. I bet your safe getting on out there and if nothing else, you can get a twighlight tee time.

I know Brownwood Country Club has a tourny July 9-10 that we are playing at.

No way in heck I am playing in this heat! I am an early morning golfer. Everyday when I drive home I am amazed at the people on the course in this hellish weather. Of course most of them aren't exactly the brightest bulbs in the box (nobogey72), so maybe that has something to do with it. : )

ccmom
06-27-2011, 04:03 PM

played a golf tournament in brownwood over the weekend - teams from stephenville got screwed so bad it almost seemed intentional....
we won't be going back....

I'm guessing he didn't fare too well...

RoyceTTU
06-27-2011, 04:07 PM
I'm guessing he didn't fare too well...

I'm not sure what happened. I was pretty sure the team that won the champioship flight was from Stephenville. Maybe I'm wrong. A friend of mine also got hosed on day money. Thats the #1 reason I play tourneys at BCC where an actual Pro can keep everything straight. Oh well. That hoovers.

jason
06-27-2011, 04:15 PM
our team managed 2nd place in the second flight but we were only there because we played crappy the first day and got bumped down...

a team from stephenville was leading the championship flight after the first day and on the second day, they were paired with the second place team (which is how it should be) AND a team that was out of contention...it took them 6 1/2 hours to play since there were 9 of them, none of those teams were too happy about having to play with 9, especially under the circumstances, even the team that was out of contention said they shouldn't have been there - should have had the group of 9 be the bottom 3 teams in the flight, not the top 2 and a non-contender....

another team was mis-flighted to begin with and after the flight re-alignment after the first round, instead of moving them out of their flight (they shot 68 the first day and were 4 out of last) they left other teams that shot 62 in lower flights and moved others into their flight that were still beating them...

the team that won the 1st flight shot 62-61 and would have got 2nd in the championship flight...

the prize money was good and everybody had a good time but the tournament itself was mismanaged to a degree that we had never seen....we won't be back...

after it was all said and done - the tournament organizers/sponsors just tried to laugh it off because they had to have known what had gone down but we left before we got our $.02 in...

on a side note - the golf course was really nice, the greens were some of the best i've ever seen...most of the locals were glad to have us there and we actually ran into some old friends and golf buddies...

it was local sponsors and their decision making that ruined it...

RoyceTTU
06-27-2011, 04:26 PM
our team managed 2nd place in the second flight but we were only there because we played crappy the first day and got bumped down...

a team from stephenville was leading the championship flight after the first day and on the second day, they were paired with the second place team (which is how it should be) AND a team that was out of contention...it took them 6 1/2 hours to play since there were 9 of them, none of those teams were too happy about having to play with 9, especially under the circumstances, even the team that was out of contention said they shouldn't have been there - should have had the group of 9 be the bottom 3 teams in the flight, not the top 2 and a non-contender....

another team was mis-flighted to begin with and after the flight re-alignment after the first round, instead of moving them out of their flight (they shot 68 the first day and were 4 out of last) they left other teams that shot 62 in lower flights and moved others into their flight that were still beating them...

the team that won the 1st flight shot 62-61 and would have got 2nd in the championship flight...

the prize money was good and everybody had a good time but the tournament itself was mismanaged to a degree that we had never seen....we won't be back...

after it was all said and done - the tournament organizers/sponsors just tried to laugh it off because they had to have known what had gone down but we left before we got our $.02 in...

That blows. It was definitly mis-managed. We were two groups behind the 9-some. It was a beating being out there that long. I can see how they were upset. I didn't understand the pairings. The old guys we played against on Sunday(they got 2nd in last flight) were paird up on Saturday from a team in the Presidents flight. Poor guys said they didn't get honors on the tee box all day and was 100 yards behind every tee shot. I couldn't help to be sorry for them. There avg age had to be 55-60.

It's hard to pre-flight teams without official handi's but there is really no excuse for not realigning them closer after the first day. Sorry to hear ya'll didn't enjoy it. If ya'll get a chance to play one at BCC, ya'll should do it. Organizer are better and the fascilities are much,much better. There are quite a few public tourneys throughout the year.

jason
06-27-2011, 04:26 PM

if you want to spend time in the lake - take your own water....
it is REALLY low, we saw some boats on the water, but none of the docks were even close to being wet....

jason
06-27-2011, 04:29 PM
It's hard to pre-flight teams without official handi's but there is really no excuse for not realigning them closer after the first day. Sorry to hear ya'll didn't enjoy it. If ya'll get a chance to play one at BCC, ya'll should do it. Organizer are better and the fascilities are much,much better. There are quite a few public tourneys throughout the year.
i agree with that 100% - pre-flighting is not an exact science, especially when people fudge their handicaps (there was somebody there from here who plays at the other course who turned in a 25 for himself and he is a 6 at worse)...
we would come to the other course, but the money has to be there for us to come that far...

ccmom
06-27-2011, 04:50 PM
if you want to spend time in the lake - take your own water....
it is REALLY low, we saw some boats on the water, but none of the docks were even close to being wet....

The kids swam (or splashed around) off the dock on Saturday, and the boat will pull up there, but you are right in that the lake looks bad, bad. It's sad.

Oh well...I'll have a glass of wine and some music and I'll be just fine. : )

jason
06-27-2011, 05:18 PM
The kids swam (or splashed around) off the dock on Saturday, and the boat will pull up there, but you are right in that the lake looks bad, bad. It's sad.

Oh well...I'll have a glass of wine and some music and I'll be just fine. : )i think you misspelled bottle....