PDA

View Full Version : It's the Sun- Josh Hamilton

Bullaholic
06-27-2011, 10:55 AM
Josh Hamilton is 1-33 in day games for the Rangers. He says it is his blue eyes in the daylight which is causing him trouble.

http://rangersblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2011/06/josh-hamilton-gets-day-game-of-1.html

Roughneck93
06-27-2011, 11:02 AM
Josh Hamilton is 1-33 in day games for the Rangers. He says it is his blue eyes in the daylight which is causing him trouble. http://rangersblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2011/06/josh-hamilton-gets-day-game-of-1.htmlNever heard of anyone using that excuse. Hhmm...maybe sunglasses?

BaseballUmp
06-27-2011, 11:07 AM
It's possible. When I played, it was just the opposite for me though. I could see fine during day games, but at night, my contacts wouldn't focus as sharply. Maybe something similar is happening with him

Roughneck93
06-27-2011, 11:13 AM
It's possible. When I played, it was just the opposite for me though. I could see fine during day games, but at night, my contacts wouldn't focus as sharply. Maybe something similar is happening with himInteresting. What did you have to do in order to adjust? I know Nike offers some sort of dark contact. Don't know what they are supposed to help with though.

BaseballUmp
06-27-2011, 11:37 AM
Interesting. What did you have to do in order to adjust? I know Nike offers some sort of dark contact. Don't know what they are supposed to help with though.

Nothing, lol batted like .240 and got DH'd for most of the time haha

big daddy russ
06-27-2011, 11:47 AM
I have the same problem, so I'm probably in the minority when I say I buy it. I have blue eyes, better-than-perfect vision, have spent half a lifetime on the beach and in the water, and still can't get used to bright sunlight. My wife, who should be arrested for driving as blind as she is, sees better during the daylight without her glasses than I do without sunglasses.

Roughneck93
06-27-2011, 11:54 AM
Nothing, lol batted like .240 and got DH'd for most of the time hahaLol! Gotcha. I guess it's just one of those things. I'm sure they will figure something out. My biggest problem while playing ball was seeing the ball at dusk. Gave me hell!

RoyceTTU
06-27-2011, 12:02 PM
I've never really thought about it, but I have blue eyes and I really struggle with light sensativity even as a kid. I wear sunshades even when it's cloudy outside or I get headaches. After my PRK surgery the light sensitivity was maginified but it's slowly getting better.

95mustang
06-27-2011, 01:57 PM
I too wear sunglasses during the day. I know my daughter who is blue eyed hits the softball better during the day with sunglasses on. Maybe he is on to something. Maybe he is just looking for an excuse also.

Buckeye1980
06-27-2011, 02:03 PM
So the question should be ......How did any blue-eyed player play before 1935 when ALL games were day games?

RoyceTTU
06-27-2011, 02:05 PM
So the question should be ......How did any blue-eyed player play before 1935 when ALL games were day games?

They really never new there real potential.

orange machine
06-27-2011, 07:42 PM
Josh is getting paid huge amounts of money to be a pro and the leader of the Rangers there should be no excuses. He shouldn't tell everybody he is having this trouble with his blue eyes because it looks like he is making excuses. I like Josh alot and think he is a great player but he needs to start performing because he looks awful.