PDA

View Full Version : Sodolak's In Snook

ExScoop
06-26-2011, 04:17 PM
We ate at Sodolak's in Snook (Between Somerville and Caldwell) today

It's on Highway 60 10 miles from College Station
Tried their Chicken Fried Bacon strips which were great

We had chicken fried steaks for only $8.95-Came with salad and with mashed potatoes or french fries and cream gravy
Food was excellent

They also had great steaks- Another diner ha had a ribeye steak that covered his whole plate

Have any of yall ever ate at this place before

Was a great drive to get out of Hungerford-about 90 miles

Found gas for only $3.37 per gallon in Somerville
Wife

ccmom
06-27-2011, 01:58 PM
We ate at Sodolak's in Snook (Between Somerville and Caldwell) today

It's on Highway 60 10 miles from College Station
Tried their Chicken Fried Bacon strips which were great

We had chicken fried steaks for only $8.95-Came with salad and with mashed potatoes or french fries and cream gravy
Food was excellent

They also had great steaks- Another diner ha had a ribeye steak that covered his whole plate

Have any of yall ever ate at this place before

Was a great drive to get out of Hungerford-about 90 miles

Found gas for only $3.37 per gallon in Somerville
Wife
Chicken fried bacon AND chicken fried steak in the same meal??? I think I just gained 5 pounds from typing that...LOL

duckhunter
07-05-2011, 09:22 PM
It is good....had better at Sodolak's in Bryan though. Even Country INN in Somerville is better in my opinion. However I did hear that the place shut down? Not sure....Zebra could verify that

sinton66
07-06-2011, 06:43 AM
Country Inn in Somerville is shut down now. When Buddy had it, it was one of the best meals I've ever had. Really sad that it's gone now.

ExScoop
07-07-2011, 10:09 AM
The Country Inn in Somerville had great steak-Its now open again by another person and seems that they are featuring seafood dishes. Haven't tried it yet