PDA

View Full Version : NBA Draft - the TX teams

icu812
06-25-2011, 06:00 PM
My thoughts on the draft.

Mavs-Traded late 1st & 2nd Rd picks for Rudy Fernandez & Petteri Koponen
I really like what the Mavs did picking up a proven player in Rudy Fernandez who is only 26 for a prospect who certainly wouldn't have helped the Mavs next year. They haven't had a big athletic shooting guard since M.Finley. Rudy was a horrible fit in Portland and is a great fit in Dallas. Plus, they added a former 2007 1st rd draft pick in a big euro PG who has been developing and will be ready sooner rather than later to give it a shot in the NBA.

Houston-No. 14, Marcus Morris; No. 20, Donatas Motiejunas; No. 38, Chandler Parsons; and traded for Jonny Flynn.
Houston I think did a good job getting tallented players but not sure they needed another forward and the euro won't help them for a couple years. Flynn is a former high lottery pick but probably is a back up PG at best.

Spurs-No. 15, Kawhi Leonard; No. 29, Cory Joseph; No. 42, Davis Bertans; and No. 59, Adam Hanga
Spurs appear to be in rebuild mode trading away a proven player (G.Hill) for prospects who may or may not be decent NBA players. Although, I think Leonard will help them right away as a good defender and rebounder of the bench. Since they traded Hill do they expect Joseph to be the backup PG on a championship team? I don't like it but what do I know the Spurs seem to always do a great job with the draft.

Saggy Aggie
06-25-2011, 07:11 PM
Rockets best move was dumping Miller's contract, because he's probably never going to play pro basketball again.

icu812
06-25-2011, 08:09 PM
Rockets best move was dumping Miller's contract, because he's probably never going to play pro basketball again.

True. I like Houston's team, Lowry, Dragic, Martin and Scola are all good players. Plus they have some good young players. If Yao Ming is ever healthy or Kevin McHale can make a player out of Thabeet they have a chance to be good.

carter08
06-26-2011, 12:12 AM
Donatas is planning on coming to the NBA this year, so he could help this team a lot.

Les Alexander told Morey to rebuild but keep the team competitive through rebuilding. Unsure how that will work, but I expect to see Scola get traded and Patterson get the starting nod at PF with Donatas backing him up (unless they resign Hayes).

icu812
06-26-2011, 12:32 PM
Donatas is planning on coming to the NBA this year, so he could help this team a lot.

Les Alexander told Morey to rebuild but keep the team competitive through rebuilding. Unsure how that will work, but I expect to see Scola get traded and Patterson get the starting nod at PF with Donatas backing him up (unless they resign Hayes).

IMO, Scola and Martin are their best players. I'd hate to Scola get traded and I don't see the logic in it unless they can get a very good starting center or PG out of it. It would be a big deal for Houston if Donatas plays this year.

carter08
06-26-2011, 04:10 PM
IMO, Scola and Martin are their best players. I'd hate to Scola get traded and I don't see the logic in it unless they can get a very good starting center or PG out of it. It would be a big deal for Houston if Donatas plays this year.

Scola is 31 and doesn't play defense. By the time this team is competitive again, he will be hurting the team more than helping (don't see him staying on this level past 33). Trade him now in a package deal. Turn the assets into Josh Smith or AI.

sinton66
06-26-2011, 05:00 PM
Ugh! Pumkinball.

icu812
06-26-2011, 05:14 PM
carter, I see your point but would rather have somebody else besides a jump shooting big who can't shoot that well or a SG when they already have Martin.

I thought Washington had the best draft overall.

carter08
06-26-2011, 11:36 PM
carter, I see your point but would rather have somebody else besides a jump shooting big who can't shoot that well or a SG when they already have Martin.

I thought Washington had the best draft overall.

Iguodala? He is a SF, which is the biggest need on this team IMO. Also, I like Martin but he is expendable in the right deal. This team probably needs a full rebuild if they want to be more than a mediocre team for a long time.

Bull's-eye
06-27-2011, 05:14 PM
My thoughts on the draft.

Houston-No. 14, Marcus Morris; No. 20, Donatas Motiejunas; No. 38, Chandler Parsons; and traded for Jonny Flynn.
Houston I think did a good job getting tallented players but not sure they needed another forward and the euro won't help them for a couple years. Flynn is a former high lottery pick but probably is a back up PG at best.

Morris is being considered a 3, a position that the Rockets could definitely use some help. Budinger was ok on offense, but struggled to defend the opponent's SF's. I look for Morris to start, which would allow Budinger to be instant offense off the bench.

I disagree about Motiejunas, he has bulked up and is condered a 4 or 5. I look for him to play center this coming season, but a lot on the high post. This would draw out the opponent's center & allow Scola to work inside.