PDA

View Full Version : Barbers Hill 14 Coldsprings 10 final

RBARKER
10-24-2003, 10:01 PM
Barbers Hill had another pitiful offensive showing tonight, not to take anything away from the Trojans tough they played good football. Coldsprings came up a little short BH had to rely on there QB to run the ball. I think BH called somthing like 11 QB sneaks in a row and proibally 20 for the game. BH is going to have to come up with some more plays if they want to do well in the Playoffs. Good luck to the Eagles and Trojans

trojandad
10-25-2003, 12:37 AM
Thanks RBarker, am sure proud of these guys. We were short 19 guys from the flu and the ones that played were hacking and weasing at half time, I felt SO bad for them. At least we stayed reasonably injury free thru the game, a first in a while. I don't know how much of it to contribute to your offense or our defense, just know that we held Liberty to about 30 yards total offense the first half of the game with them before 2nd quarter injuries.

Good luck to you guys in the playoffs.

3AFTNUT
10-25-2003, 12:57 AM
GOOD GAME TO BOTH TEAMS

hsfan
10-25-2003, 01:25 AM
like al davis says "just win baby"!!!!!

Ulrich von Lichtenstein
10-25-2003, 02:36 AM
<small>[ October 27, 2003, 09:26 PM: Message edited by: Ulrich von Lichtenstein ]</small>

RBARKER
10-25-2003, 08:47 AM
It was part Trojans playing good D but BH not holding on to the ball also. BH had 3 fumbles and a interception and some penalties that stopped the progress of the Offense. The BH play calling is also a factor. Our offensive play calling is so predictable I don't know how opposing teams let us move the ball. I mean I'm just a fan and I predicted 12 plays in a row before they happened if I can do that then a DC should have a field day. But anywho The kids at BH have tons of pride and find a way to win. Coldsprings did a great job coming to the Hill and playing their heart out, that shows a lot of charicter and the team should build on that next year.I also enjoyed the Spirit that the ColdSpings Coaching staff brought to the game I think they were doing a good job pumping up the boys exspecially the coach in the red shorts I could hear him across the field.

BH_146
10-25-2003, 04:17 PM
Von Lichtenstein,

Basically it was a win we will take given the circumstances. Several players sustained injuries last week and people had to be moved around. Our leading rusher who had accummulated a total of 17 TDs for us tried the best he could to play hurt since his backups were having to play defense. He ended up with only 32 yards while fumbling 3 times; not his norm. Our QB has just not been able to get his timing down on his passes this year. So far in district play, he is 15 of 51 with 8 interceptions. Sure, some were broken up by good defensive plays, some passes dropped and some were just poorly thrown. But in the scheme of things, the passing game is just not there. So of course a defense is going to load up and say I dare you to pass. That makes it tough for the running game. It wouldn't have bothered me to see our QB run more often considering he only carried 17 times for 111 yards.

On the bright side, a couple of subvarsity guys got some varsity action and did quite well. One kid brought up from the J.V. scored our first TD on an interception; what a thrill in his first game. And a sophmore DB brought up this week got lots of playing time and made several strong tackles. This has to bode well for us in the next few weeks.