PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Like/Dislike About the New Forum?

poisoned10
06-25-2011, 09:22 AM
I know there is still work to be done to restore it to the look and feel of the "old" 3ADL, but what do you like and not like about it so far?

For me, I really like the fact there will be a mobile version even though it hasn't gone live yet. I use my iPhone for browsing the Internet more than I use my computer so that will definitely help speed up viewing the forum. Also, when I get an email about a subscribed thread, it shows me what was actually said instead of just telling me so and so replied. Now I know if I want to respond without having to actually open up the site to see.

I don't like the "home page". There is nothing on it except for some crap that is not sports related. Hopefully we will get something similar to what we had before. There was a ton of good information there. Also, there is now a 10 character minimum before it will let you post. How am I supposed to say "FAIL!" now? What going to happen to all of the "+1"? or the smileys from 'garcia'? Something has got to be done about that ASAP!

Emerson1
06-25-2011, 09:29 AM
They can turn that limit off.

sinton66
06-25-2011, 10:20 AM
I know there is still work to be done to restore it to the look and feel of the "old" 3ADL, but what do you like and not like about it so far?

For me, I really like the fact there will be a mobile version even though it hasn't gone live yet. I use my iPhone for browsing the Internet more than I use my computer so that will definitely help speed up viewing the forum. Also, when I get an email about a subscribed thread, it shows me what was actually said instead of just telling me so and so replied. Now I know if I want to respond without having to actually open up the site to see.

I don't like the "home page". There is nothing on it except for some crap that is not sports related. Hopefully we will get something similar to what we had before. There was a ton of good information there. Also, there is now a 10 character minimum before it will let you post. How am I supposed to say "FAIL!" now? What going to happen to all of the "+1"? or the smileys from 'garcia'? Something has got to be done about that ASAP!

There are lots of "adjustments" to be made. You just need to be patient. It doesn't hurt anything to bring these things to our attention, just don't expect instant results.

BaseballUmp
06-25-2011, 10:24 AM
The new look makes me feel dumb :(

BaseballUmp
06-25-2011, 10:29 AM

Does this work? And what does this mean?

bobcat4life
06-25-2011, 10:42 AM

vCard? What is this?

Old Tiger
06-25-2011, 10:43 AM
I love quick reply! feature....seems like it runs smoother between pages....good job 66 and other dude that does the stuff.

You should enable the rep system.

MGAR
06-25-2011, 10:45 AM

I wanna say its a from of electronic business cards or something like that.

sinton66
06-25-2011, 10:55 AM
I wanna say its a from of electronic business cards or something like that.

Yep, you can set up a "business" card for people to see if you want to.

poisoned10
06-25-2011, 10:58 AM
There are lots of "adjustments" to be made. You just need to be patient. It doesn't hurt anything to bring these things to our attention, just don't expect instant results.

I know there is still much to be done. That's why I said that in the original post and included a so far.

I'm excited to see the finished result.

Old Tiger
06-25-2011, 11:00 AM
There are lots of "adjustments" to be made. You just need to be patient. It doesn't hurt anything to bring these things to our attention, just don't expect instant results.enable rep system now!

Administrator
06-25-2011, 11:07 AM
enable rep system now!

New features will be added slowly as we learn more about the software. Any features installed right now are running on default settings.. there's facebook integration apps for this version of vbulletin and such that will be enabled sooner or later. No new features will be added immediately until we get the color scheme correct, as that's our top priority.

Old Tiger
06-25-2011, 11:09 AM
New features will be added slowly as we learn more about the software. Any features installed right now are running on default settings.. there's facebook integration apps for this version of vbulletin and such that will be enabled sooner or later. No new features will be added immediately until we get the color scheme correct, as that's our top priority.Nice! I'm not rushing really...just giving tony a hard time about patience. lol

bobcat4life
06-25-2011, 11:11 AM
Its hard to get used to the posters name on the opposite side ofthe screen from their location/post #, and join date. Im used to it all being on the left side of the post instead of on top and running all the way across the screen

poisoned10
06-25-2011, 11:26 AM
I'm not being impatient, I'm just curious, about how long do you think it will take to implement the new features? A couple of weeks?

Old Tiger
06-25-2011, 11:28 AM
I'm not being impatient, I'm just curious, about how long do you think it will take to implement the new features? A couple of weeks?Rome wasn't built in a day! lol

poisoned10
06-25-2011, 11:31 AM
Rome wasn't built in a day! lol

I know. Like I said, I'm just curious.

Old Tiger
06-25-2011, 11:33 AM
I know. Like I said, I'm just curious.You know what they say about curiosity

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxvhXvaDhO8

Old Tiger
06-25-2011, 11:40 AM
I really like where the announcements are located now instead of with the stickies and such.

sinton66
06-25-2011, 11:42 AM
I'm not being impatient, I'm just curious, about how long do you think it will take to implement the new features? A couple of weeks?

Probably. There's only two of us going through everything and this morning we divided up the areas we will be responsible for. Hopefully, that will decrease the required time. We do need members to bring to our attention any settings differences you notice between the old and the new. Best way to do that is through the PM function though. It will take longer if we have to read all the threads to find them.

carter08
06-25-2011, 04:30 PM
what is this i don't even

Eagle 1
06-25-2011, 09:10 PM
It's kind of hard to differentiate between each post.
You ever thought about using yuku?

Emerson1
06-25-2011, 09:36 PM
It's kind of hard to differentiate between each post.
You ever thought about using yuku?
The big blue bar doesn't help?

carter08
06-26-2011, 12:37 AM
i think the big blue bar helps

scrub c
06-26-2011, 04:16 PM
different

sinton66
06-26-2011, 04:31 PM
Check out this thread please.
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?113297-Please-pardon-the-dust

ExScoop
06-27-2011, 11:55 AM
I had to re register with a new user name-I was Antec

I forgot my password and didn't know how to retrieve it-

poisoned10
06-27-2011, 12:15 PM

Contact a mod?

AP Panther Fan
06-27-2011, 12:18 PM
:eek:

It is so.....WHITE!

RoyceTTU
06-27-2011, 12:19 PM
Contact a mod?

I sight leader *wink

poisoned10
06-27-2011, 12:30 PM
*wink

Awkward

RoyceTTU
06-27-2011, 12:34 PM
Awkward

Yeah, I know, sorry bout that, where the heck is our smilies. :-)

AP Panther Fan
06-27-2011, 12:45 PM

Well crap, I had just learned your other two names.

Roughneck93
06-27-2011, 01:43 PM
Looking more like the old site already!

AP Panther Fan
06-27-2011, 03:16 PM
Looking more like the old site already!

Glad to get the black background back and switching letter color is easier

Hmmmm....different fonts didn't seem to work for me

I might get used to this...eventually

The font size didn't seem to change

I have alot to learn

kaorder1999
06-27-2011, 03:49 PM
not sure if i like it

RoyceTTU
06-27-2011, 04:43 PM
I like the way the PM email has the actual message thread on them instead of having to open up the website. This is great when your getting PM's on your phone.

Phil C
06-27-2011, 04:52 PM
I like it. Sometimes progress is painful but it is worth it in the long run. Just be patient. If I can handle the rest of you can too.

Emerson1
06-27-2011, 04:54 PM
Love - Quick reply, thread previews

Hate - Hope they change the icons to the left of the post to what they were, these are to big and bulk.

What would be great is if they added one that indicated you have posted in that particular.

Also, not sure if this software is capable, but setting up alerts would be cool. You could do @gsquared and it would notify him, also it would alert you if someone quoted your post.

RoyceTTU
06-28-2011, 09:53 AM
What would be great is if they added one that indicated you have posted in that particular.

I love this on the Scout boards. To be honest, half the time I forget where I posted what:doh: