PDA

View Full Version : 7 on 7 SQT strategy

bulldog82
06-22-2011, 01:15 PM
Was curious, if you were in a pool that guarranteed that you would move on in the tourny, would you save your players and not go all out as you would normally to be fresher in the later games versus teams that would have to play all out to move on in their pool? Or do you play all out and be gassed for the later games. make scense?

MGAR
06-22-2011, 01:16 PM
I would rest my starters in all second halves of pool play.

But at the same time.. If the starters weren't clicking I'd play them longer.

Matthew328
06-22-2011, 01:18 PM
If I was guaranteed to move on..ie eight team tournament two teams in my pool have qualified...I'd go all out in the game against the other team who had not qualified to try and get the top seed from the pool...in my other two games I'd rotate guys in and try some wrinkles etc..but I wouldn't completely sit them out....would not want them to get rusty or tight basically sitting out 2 hours plus a lunch break

bulldog82
06-22-2011, 01:29 PM
we are already qualified and play cameron yoe our first game would really like to see how we match up, im sure yoe will bring it even though we're qualified. still trying to get our boys better and what better opportunity than playing 2010 state runner-up.

Matthew328
06-22-2011, 01:45 PM
By the way Yoe is not guaranteed to advance out of pool play....Bandera is the only qualified team in the pool

Old Tiger
06-22-2011, 01:50 PM
just score more than your opponent is the best advice I can give

bulldog82
06-22-2011, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
By the way Yoe is not guaranteed to advance out of pool play....Bandera is the only qualified team in the pool I knew that, I was refering to pool a plus pools in the brownwood tourny as well. Just a question to ponder looking at the other pools. Because the Austin school only had 9 players last weekend and would benefit by not getting gassed in pool play.

BEAST
06-22-2011, 02:54 PM
In that scenario, I make our 1's go hard all of game 1. Then play a total of about half the next 2 games rotating in and out every series.

BEAST

Yoe_09
06-22-2011, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by bulldog82
we are already qualified and play cameron yoe our first game would really like to see how we match up, im sure yoe will bring it even though we're qualified. still trying to get our boys better and what better opportunity than playing 2010 state runner-up.

I'm thinking we will be improved. There were quite a few guys missing from baseball that just started practicing. After coming off a decent showing at Tarleton I am hoping we can put it all together and qualify.

bulldog82
06-22-2011, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Yoe_09
I'm thinking we will be improved. There were quite a few guys missing from baseball that just started practicing. After coming off a decent showing at Tarleton I am hoping we can put it all together and qualify. Don't think y'al will have any problem coming out of pool on top and grabbing one of the qualifing spots at this tourny, but anything could happen. good luck saturday!