orange machine
06-22-2011, 03:16 AM
Better?:doh:

oldtownag
06-22-2011, 08:13 AM
Chapel Hill

trojandad
06-22-2011, 08:18 AM
you know, i hate to get rocket going, but brownwood had a pretty decent team even without shipley, do you really think they dropped that far losing him?

Old LB
06-22-2011, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by trojandad
you know, i hate to get rocket going, but brownwood had a pretty decent team even without shipley, do you really think they dropped that far losing him?

Lost a ton of seniors, we will be okay but it may take a couple games to get it all lined up. Probably will look totally different than last year, should have a stable of decent running backs.
Most are marking us off for this year but I think that is a mistake.

bwdlionfan
06-22-2011, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by trojandad

Shipley isn't all we lost. We lost our QB, all 5 of our top receivers, 3 or 4 offensive linemen. I know we lost 2 if not all 3 of our defensive linemen. We lost 3 in the secondary. Not sure about linebackers. We do have a few studs coming back though. We won't score like we did last year, but I think we'll be fine and surprise a few people.

buckeyebob
06-22-2011, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by oldtownag
Chapel Hill

Insugnificant

trojandad
06-22-2011, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
That it is Coldspring.

we shouldnt be that high, were just a running team.......lol

MGAR
06-22-2011, 09:26 AM
Carthage don't have a quarterback yet... #2 might be to high for them.

jason
06-22-2011, 09:33 AM
unless coldspring has the whole house coming back, they shouldn't be that high...

they were in way over their heads vs carthage in the finals last year, they just got hot at the right time...

waterboy
06-22-2011, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by MGAR
Carthage don't have a quarterback yet... #2 might be to high for them.
I agree. Top 10, yes, but not top 2 material yet.

Saggy Aggie
06-22-2011, 10:06 AM
Chapel hill should be #1. just about every preseason ranking has them there and I watched them completely dismantle West Columbia in the semis last year (another top 10 team) and CH is bringing back the house. I'm predicting an undefeated season for Chill

orange machine
06-22-2011, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
I agree. Top 10, yes, but not top 2 material yet.
Based off the last 3 years alot of us said that Carthage would be down me included I'm not making the same mistake.

waterboy
06-22-2011, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by orange machine
Based off the last 3 years alot of us said that Carthage would be down me included I'm not making the same mistake.
Yeah, I can understand that, but they are going to come back down to earth this year........I hope.:D They will still be good, just not state championship good. I believe the string ends this year. They lost way too much this time around to keep the string alive, in my opinion.

orange machine
06-22-2011, 10:32 AM
Will see foe sho.

Pendragon13
06-22-2011, 10:37 AM
I like Abilene Wylie staying under the radar for the pre-season. Honestly I've been spending the past few months out of town quite a bit so I'm not really up on buzz worthy players...but I know that historically Sandifer does quite a bit with whatever he's given.

hollywood
06-22-2011, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Pendragon13
I like Abilene Wylie staying under the radar for the pre-season. Honestly I've been spending the past few months out of town quite a bit so I'm not really up on buzz worthy players...but I know that historically Sandifer does quite a bit with whatever he's given.

He is given more than any other 4A, I mean 3A. :D

HEMOTOXIC
06-22-2011, 11:07 AM
Chapel Hill was scary good last year. I was shocked when they lost in the finals.

1. Chapel Hill
2. Carthage

Saggy Aggie
06-22-2011, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Chapel Hill was scary good last year. I was shocked when they lost in the finals.

1. Chapel Hill
2. Carthage +1

I've been saying it for months, CH is the real deal.

orange machine
06-22-2011, 12:39 PM

1. Chapel Hill
2. Carthage
I saw Henderson play Lovejoy and I wasn't to impressed with Henderson other than the qb, he was a good scrambler and could avoid the rush but other than him I didn't feel they had the wow factor. So them beating CHill makes me think CHill is not as good as advertised atleast last year.

HEMOTOXIC
06-22-2011, 12:59 PM
I saw Henderson play Lovejoy and I wasn't to impressed with Henderson other than the qb, he was a good scrambler and could avoid the rush but other than him I didn't feel they had the wow factor. So them beating CHill makes me think CHill is not as good as advertised atleast last year.

I guess CHILL had a bad game in the final. I've seen some dominant teams... In the two games that I saw CHILL play, against Navasota and West Columbia, they were as dominant as any team that I've ever seen. That included a dominant 07 Liberty Hill team.

CHILL was as good as advertised. Henderson was just better in the final.

Saggy Aggie
06-22-2011, 01:08 PM
I saw Henderson play Lovejoy and I wasn't to impressed with Henderson other than the qb, he was a good scrambler and could avoid the rush but other than him I didn't feel they had the wow factor. So them beating CHill makes me think CHill is not as good as advertised atleast last year. They beat Lovejoy by 22, and Lovejoy was top 5 just about all season, right? Not sure how you weren't impressed.

I think the difference in the championship game was Henderson got a quick 2 TD lead and was able to hold off CH's 4th qt comeback. They had a great defensive line and they sacked CH's QB quite a few times.

Saggy Aggie
06-22-2011, 01:10 PM
I guess CHILL had a bad game in the final. I've seen some dominant teams... In the two games that I saw CHILL play, against Navasota and West Columbia, they were as dominant as any team that I've ever seen. That included a dominant 07 Liberty Hill team.

CHILL was as good as advertised. Henderson was just better in the final. I gotta agree here.

I've seen many great 3A teams and they were as good or better than any of them. I'd equal 2010 CH to 06 Wimberley (or whichever year they won it all)

MGAR
06-22-2011, 01:13 PM

I agree with that..

Besides CH not playing to their standard gotta praise Henderson for playing the game of their lives.

Was just a good all around game to watch.

Roughneck93
06-22-2011, 01:26 PM

:iagree:
CHill or Henderson. Both deserving of the top two spots. The way CHill handled Columbia, I thought for sure they had the trophy wrapped up. Kudos to Henderson for taking it. Both have alot coming back, both should be favored.

trojandad
06-22-2011, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by jason
unless coldspring has the whole house coming back, they shouldn't be that high...

they were in way over their heads vs carthage in the finals last year, they just got hot at the right time...

first, you might be right, we have almost no workout facilities, our kids get to practice half of many schools because some of our kids live an hours drive from the school and the district is poor as heck, but theres a flip side to that pancake, cowboy.....

first, that game, outside of our pourous pass defense, reminded me of the first game we had with kirbyville last year, we had two costly fumbles while in their red zone that lost us two scores or both of those games would have read differently....and frankly if wimberleys receivers hadnt been as unfortunate with their wide open receivers as carthage was fortunate with theirs, we would have lost the game before carthage....

second, barbay went away from the run in the second half just as he did in the first k'ville game, and both turned out to be bad moves..he stuck with the run in the second half of the 2nd k'ville game even though we were behind by 14 and they had a kid averaging 50+ yds a catch in that game, even better than carthage against us, but we still caught and beat them....

third, carthage had their breaks in that game, too, the tangled feet dropping the cb of ourrs on that very first pass play, the reach back and slap on the ball when their all world lb had overran the play and our qb was going into the end zone at their 5...that game was a 6 pt game at half, we were far from out of our league....

and, on yea, 14 games in a row isnt "getting hot when it counts", theres only two ways it can be better, 15 in a row and 16 in a row....everybody every game knew what was coming with us, everybody even on here would enter a game with us saying "if they only run, we can stop this, were diversified"....and guess what?

and remember one thing, we held their supposed all world rb to 1/3 of what he ran wild on b'wood the week before, and this includes the 2nd half when they were running a lot trying to run out the clock and we werent really trying to stop the run but still get to their qb, so that part of our team proved pretty darn state worthy...

now, having said all those good things, carthage WAS the better team that night, but it wasnt the 6 passing tds, if anyone had a bit of luck working for them it wasnt us, it was their qb, the way they beat us was with their o line and their all world lb...he should have been the mvp of that game, he saved them td after td...and nobody kept us away from their qb all year....

i very much believe carthage was the best team that night, but id bet my gold tooth they wouldnt do the 6 passing td thing again...remember, when barbay first played wo-s a few years ago the scores were worse than against carthage, and they can tell you we had some really horse teams back then, but it took barbay 3 times to catch up to them and now we look pretty good against them, even when reggire was playing....carthage deserved that one, but i dont know how long id bet against us....

as i said before barbay had a lot of offers to go places he could have made a LOT more money at, he even built a home here, that speaks volumes to the talent he sees coming.....

Old LB
06-22-2011, 02:29 PM
Trojandad, I'm thinking most are reluctant to rank you guys higher because Coldspring has not been a consistant contender. Everyone knows Wimberly, Cuero, WOS, ect. most had never heard of you guys until last year.

I had to look the town up on Google Earth, had no idea where it was. If you guys consistantly go several rounds deep the respect will come with it.

venomous tat2
06-22-2011, 02:35 PM

What a lot of people don't or didn't know is the head coach for Henderson was the head coach for Chill the year before and you gotta think he knew what would or would'nt work for Henderson after all that was his team , JMO :thinking:

HEMOTOXIC
06-22-2011, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by venomous tat2
What a lot of people don't or didn't know is the head coach for Henderson was the head coach for Chill the year before and you gotta think he knew what would or would'nt work for Henderson after all that was his team , JMO :thinking:

I didn't know that, but, it makes alot of sense to me...

MGAR
06-22-2011, 03:03 PM

Meeks was at CH the year they won state, 1989..

He hasn't been a coach at CH since 1995.

Saggy Aggie
06-22-2011, 03:06 PM
Nm

venomous tat2
06-22-2011, 03:13 PM

Are you 100% sure ?

waterboy
06-22-2011, 03:19 PM
Are you 100% sure ?
Yes. MGAR speakum truth.

venomous tat2
06-22-2011, 03:19 PM

I stand to be corrected he was at henderson when we played Henderson in 09 ,got my years mixed up lol

trojandad
06-22-2011, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Old LB
Trojandad, I'm thinking most are reluctant to rank you guys higher because Coldspring has not been a consistant contender. Everyone knows Wimberly, Cuero, WOS, ect. most had never heard of you guys until last year.

I had to look the town up on Google Earth, had no idea where it was. If you guys consistantly go several rounds deep the respect will come with it.

i agree, we had a huge roll going in the 90's, losing to carroll and sealy back when they both were on their rolls (losing to sealy by a point after coming back from 3 tds down)....then we hired a superintendent that nobody knew was completely anti sports...during the 10 yrs he was here we built a new high school with a HUGE weight room in the plans, only to see after his revisions it was the size of a big walk in closet....i worked for 5 yrs to get him out.....he was so bad to this program....

our 2002 team had 4 - 1000 yd running backs in the same backfield and a qb with better stats than vince young had that year (with 4 less games) and yet had to put up with a 3 way fight between principal-headcoach-superintendent constantly showing with letters to each other posted down the athletic halls on the walls...that poor team will never be remembered simply because they had to fight the powers that be JUST to play ball.....they might be the best team we ever fielded and yet wont be remembered for all the crap they had to deal with.....

with barbay came a new superintendent, a sister of a long time coach there (the one i spoke of that use to come get my son at 5 am everyday to work out) and she is so pro sports it isnt funny....barbay took the job under a no nonsense agreement, and you see the results....the 92 run of results ended with ed peveto's death, were just praying for good health for coach barbay for as long as he cares to stay....id love a newton type of run out of him.....

garciap77
06-22-2011, 07:09 PM
Here is my top 25 what do y'all think?

1. Argyle
2. Carthage
3. Chaple Hill
4. Wimberley
5. Celina
6. Snyder
7. Henderson
8. Coldspring
9. Gilmer
10. Monahans
11. WOS
12. Alvorado
13. Lindale
14. Navasota
15. West Columbia
16. Cuero
17. Love Joy
18. Dallas Madison
19. Kennadale
20. Athens
21. Kirbyville
22. Sealy
23. Brownwood
24. La Vega
25. Sanger

1. Abilene Wylie
2. Carthage
3. Chaple Hill
4. Wimberley
5. Argyle
6. Snyder
7. Henderson
8. Coldspring
9. Gilmer
10. Monahans
11. WOS
12. Alvorado
13. Lindale
14. Navasota
15. West Columbia
16. Cuero
17. Love Joy
18. Dallas Madison
19. Kennadale
20. Athens
21. Kirbyville
22. Sealy
23. Brownwood
24. La Vega
25. Sanger

cowboyandchrist
06-22-2011, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
Yeah, I can understand that, but they are going to come back down to earth this year........I hope.:D They will still be good, just not state championship good. I believe the string ends this year. They lost way too much this time around to keep the string alive, in my opinion. you keep saying Carthage will not be as good. Do you really believe the coach would not take the big time offers he got if he did not believe he had the kids to go for a fourth in a row. Carthage has a great D coming back, a great offensive line and some where hid from everybody outside Carthage a QB that can throw and run. I am like you and think how can they be good again, but I have said it for the last two years. I will not be guilty of that this year. They should be #2 , Henderson #3 and Gilmere #3 in the state.

bobcat4life
06-22-2011, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
1. Abilene Wylie
2. Carthage
3. Chaple Hill
4. Wimberley
5. Argyle
6. Snyder
7. Henderson
8. Coldspring
9. Gilmer
10. Monahans
11. WOS
12. Alvorado
13. Lindale
14. Navasota
15. West Columbia
16. Cuero
17. Love Joy
18. Dallas Madison
19. Kennadale
20. Athens
21. Kirbyville
22. Sealy
23. Brownwood
24. La Vega
25. Sanger

Celina?

Old LB
06-22-2011, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
Celina?

26 maybe? :thinking:

MGAR
06-22-2011, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by cowboyandchrist
you keep saying Carthage will not be as good. Do you really believe the coach would not take the big time offers he got if he did not believe he had the kids to go for a fourth in a row. Carthage has a great D coming back, a great offensive line and some where hid from everybody outside Carthage a QB that can throw and run. I am like you and think how can they be good again, but I have said it for the last two years. I will not be guilty of that this year. They should be #2 , Henderson #3 and Gilmere #3 in the state.

Carthage will be down this year. Bank on it... Here are the choices for the QB thats hidden from everyone outside of Carthage.

Hunter Walden, SR
Clint Cage, SR
Blake Bogenschutz, SOPH

orange machine
06-22-2011, 09:39 PM
I think Argyle is being over looked they beat Gilmer down pretty good and gave Carthage all they wanted. Argyle returns alot pluse TCU bound Austin Aune.

Chillfan
06-22-2011, 10:29 PM
Dickey did leave CH in 95. He was my coach in the early 90's. I have a ton of respect for him and he had CH's number in the final. I think CH got a little big headed and Henderson shocked them early. This years team will be more mentally ready. The defense iS going to be nastier than 2010. We will see a few position changes that will give us a new look. We have some younger kids that will fill in the gaps nicely. Our QB got some really good experience last year and should be better prepared this year.

Some folks described our defense as "relentless defensive pressure" in 2010. This years defense will be better I promise. We may not make it deep but I will enjoy watching the boys work.

IMO, Carthage is #1. Keep your eyes on Gilmer. I think they will be special this year.