PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping Problems again

Antec
06-22-2011, 02:11 AM
Been having major sleepin problems again
I'm taking two 12.5 MC of Ambien CR

They used to help me get to sleep when I first started taking them 3-5 years ago but don't work as welll

I guess I'm immuned to them now

I also have to wait until almost 11:30 p.m. to even try to fall asleep now otherwise if iI go to bed earlier i will wake up at 3 a.m. in the morning.

I'm up now past 2 a.m. and can't fall asleep
My wife takes a regular Ambien of 10 mg and is out like a light.

It sucks having insomnia. Ive tried all sorts of sleeping medications over the counter and prescribed ones

Even tried Melatolin and no help

Guess I also worry so much in trying to find a job

eagles_victory
06-22-2011, 03:05 AM
I never really sleep more then a few hours but I always choose not to sleep is a clutch. While people are sleeping Im out making myself better.

orange machine
06-22-2011, 03:27 AM
Try Xanax that's what I take when I can't sleep. It's like my brain won't shut down sometimes and I just keep thinking about whatever. I take that and within an hour I'm tired. What I don't get is how people get high of Xanax I get sleepy and night night for me.

Phil C
06-22-2011, 04:48 PM
Even if you can't sleep I have heard that if you lay down and relax that you are getting a lot of good rest even though not as good as a deep sleep.

Old LB
06-22-2011, 05:25 PM
Can't believe Ranger Mom hasn't chimed in on this one! :D

big daddy russ
06-22-2011, 07:29 PM
Valerian root. Cheap, natural, and available without a prescription.

Tastes like reused toilet paper, but it works great and it's supposed to be good for you.

LH Panther Mom
06-22-2011, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Valerian root. Cheap, natural, and available without a prescription.

Tastes like reused toilet paper, but it works great and it's supposed to be good for you.
Okay, I'm not doubting the root, at all. But, I am slightly curious to know just exactly how you know what reused toilet paper tastes like. :thinking: :thinking: :tmi: :tmi: :ack!:

SWMustang
06-22-2011, 08:36 PM
I think before I tried ingesting anything to help with sleep, I'd check into physical exercise first. I know I sleep much better after working out than when I don't. Even walking or swimming is good if your body can't take anything more vigorous will help. If that doesn't help you can move on to herbal supplements or toilet paper if that floats your boat :) Trying anything that needs to be prescribed by a doctor would be my last option but it certainly might come to that. At least try to avoid it if possible.

sinton66
06-25-2011, 12:03 PM
These days I sleep about 2 hours at a time. I wake up four or five times during the night needing to urinate. (Having to drink a lot of water during the day to flush out the chemo.) Stupid thing I do is go have a smoke afterward. Absolutely the wrong thing to do and so I'm trying real hard to stop that. In fact I'm going to the tobacco cessation program though MD Anderson as soon as I can get an appointment. I really want to quit. Tough to do when you've smoked for nearly 50 years.

Old Tiger
06-25-2011, 12:06 PM
3 benedryl

LionFan72
06-26-2011, 07:22 AM
Get your depressed arse outside and turn over rocks for 10 hours, if the heat don't kill you, then you will sleep like a baby tonight! Seriously, you need to get active, it does wonders for the body! Good luck!

big daddy russ
06-27-2011, 01:03 PM
Okay, I'm not doubting the root, at all. But, I am slightly curious to know just exactly how you know what reused toilet paper tastes like. :thinking: :thinking: :tmi: :tmi: :ack!:

You really want to hear the story? :D

big daddy russ
06-27-2011, 01:21 PM
I actually had to start using this because of some sleep issues I have even when I'm outside all day exercising. I can relate to Antec's problems. Have always had a hard time getting to sleep before 1 AM... even when I used to wake up at 5:30 every morning so I could spend a couple hours surfing. I played soccer--SOCCER!!!--in high school and never got a workout like surfing. Started using valerian root before my back injury after finding it at a farmer's market here in Houston. Love the stuff, swear by it, even stopped consuming reused toilet paper altogether because this stuff takes the TP's place in my diet.

Ranger Mom
07-04-2011, 10:39 PM
Can't believe Ranger Mom hasn't chimed in on this one! :D

Sorry....I have been busy...and then I have been sleeping!! ;)

sahen
07-05-2011, 04:15 PM
I actually had to start using this because of some sleep issues I have even when I'm outside all day exercising. I can relate to Antec's problems. Have always had a hard time getting to sleep before 1 AM... even when I used to wake up at 5:30 every morning so I could spend a couple hours surfing. I played soccer--SOCCER!!!--in high school and never got a workout like surfing. Started using valerian root before my back injury after finding it at a farmer's market here in Houston. Love the stuff, swear by it, even stopped consuming reused toilet paper altogether because this stuff takes the TP's place in my diet.

i can second the valerian root though not personally...my fiance used to use it when she was struggling w/ insomina and it would put her out...if you dont want to chew on the actual root you can buy some pills, not sure if one is more effective than the other though....luckily my fiance's insomina went away so she hasn't used it in a couple years, but she swears by the stuff now....

ExScoop
07-05-2011, 07:59 PM
I have been able to get off Ambien CR after taking it for almost 5 years.

I'm now on Lorzapam which is helping. Tried the Valerian Root but didn't seem to help

I'm also on Melatolin as is my wife who is using the regular and cheaper Ambien.