PDA

View Full Version : Best Sports Franchises

Farmersfan
06-20-2011, 10:10 AM
Anyone see this? I heard them talking about it on The Ticket this morning. In a survey of sports fans concerning overall franchise performance in categories like Fan Relations, Stadium Experience, Bang for your Buck, and many others the Green Bay Packers ranked the highest in the 4 major sports. They also said the Cowboys ranked the lowest of the 4 franchises in the metro plex and ranked #102 out of 122 total franchises in overall performance. Just more proof of how far the mighty have fallen in the last decade..............

Anyone read the article to give a little more input?

http://www.espnmediazone3.com/us/2011/06/15/mag_best_in_sports/

coach
06-20-2011, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Anyone see this? I heard them talking about it on The Ticket this morning. In a survey of sports fans concerning overall franchise performance in categories like Fan Relations, Stadium Experience, Bang for your Buck, and many others the Green Bay Packers ranked the highest in the 4 major sports. They also said the Cowboys ranked the lowest of the 4 franchises in the metro plex and ranked #102 out of 122 total franchises in overall performance. Just more proof of how far the mighty have fallen in the last decade..............

Anyone read the article to give a little more input?

http://www.espnmediazone3.com/us/2011/06/15/mag_best_in_sports/

102 is absurd. I understand they havw fallen from what they were but go around America and you will still see more Dallas Cowboy fans than Dallas Star fans.

Saggy Aggie
06-20-2011, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by coach
102 is absurd. I understand they havw fallen from what they were but go around America and you will still see more Dallas Cowboy fans than Dallas Star fans. I don't think you understood the grading criteria. :doh:

coach
06-20-2011, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Saggy Aggie
I don't think you understood the grading criteria. :doh:

i don't care what the grading criteria is...do you honestly believe the dallas stars are a better franchise than the cowboys. Amrica could name 30 players on the cowboys...i cant even name 3 on the stars...not to mention the stars are in a heap of trouble money wise. dallas is second welthiest franchise in the world!

Phil C
06-20-2011, 12:31 PM
Triumphed up study by people you never heard of.

jdawg2012
06-20-2011, 01:14 PM
The 'bang for the buck' category had the most weight in the grading criteria. So its basically whoever has really cheap merchandise. That would explain the Colorado Rockies being so high.

Farmersfan
06-20-2011, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by coach
i don't care what the grading criteria is...do you honestly believe the dallas stars are a better franchise than the cowboys. Amrica could name 30 players on the cowboys...i cant even name 3 on the stars...not to mention the stars are in a heap of trouble money wise. dallas is second welthiest franchise in the world!

I think you really underestimate how cheated the Cowboy's fans feel over this team's performances the past decade! This survey proves pretty much that point exactly. Jerry is toddering right on the edge of losing a huge fan base if he doesn't get his S*** together and get this franchise back on top. It's already a national punchline to call them America's team. Nobody under the age of 30 can even remember them relavent.

Farmersfan
06-20-2011, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by jdawg2012
The 'bang for the buck' category had the most weight in the grading criteria. So its basically whoever has really cheap merchandise. That would explain the Colorado Rockies being so high.

I'm pretty sure the "Bang for your Buck" category has VERY LITTLE to do with the cost of the Tee Shirts! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I think it's more about the experience vs the cost of being a fan! Loosly translated the Rockies give their fans more enjoyment for their money than the Cowboys do! Expectations might have a lot to do with this though. The higher the expectations the worst bad results effect the enjoyment factor.

jdawg2012
06-20-2011, 01:56 PM
I'm pretty sure the "Bang for your Buck" category has VERY LITTLE to do with the cost of the Tee Shirts! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I think it's more about the experience vs the cost of being a fan! Loosly translated the Rockies give their fans more enjoyment for their money than the Cowboys do! Expectations might have a lot to do with this though. The higher the expectations the worst bad results effect the enjoyment factor.

I thought of that too but then there was a 'fan experience' category so...

Farmersfan
06-20-2011, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by jdawg2012
I thought of that too but then there was a 'fan experience' category so...

I'm was also wondering if there were some default ratings built into this survey. Did they specifically ask all sports fans to rate EACH team or did they ask the sports fans to rate only their favorite teams and a NO MENTION basically equalled a bad survey? Although I know the Packers are very well thought of in Green Bay and surrounding area but if they asked Texas people about Green Bay how would they have faired. Or was it just Texas people being asked about Texas teams and Wisconsin people being asked about Wisconsin teams? It that's the case then it really wouldn't be a fair survey because Texas is WAY more diversified than most other states. Although there are tons of Cowboys fans in Texas there are a ton of Cowboy haters here also. I would bet there isn't many Green Bay haters living in Wisconsin.............. Just a few thoughts.

Farmersfan
06-20-2011, 02:29 PM
And if I remember correctly they said the New Orleans Saints are the second highest rated NFL team in the survey. I think that would basically prove that nobody in New Orleans hates the Saints. The Hornets scored very high also.

jdawg2012
06-20-2011, 02:42 PM
I'm was also wondering if there were some default ratings built into this survey. Did they specifically ask all sports fans to rate EACH team or did they ask the sports fans to rate only their favorite teams and a NO MENTION basically equalled a bad survey? Although I know the Packers are very well thought of in Green Bay and surrounding area but if they asked Texas people about Green Bay how would they have faired. Or was it just Texas people being asked about Texas teams and Wisconsin people being asked about Wisconsin teams? It that's the case then it really wouldn't be a fair survey because Texas is WAY more diversified than most other states. Although there are tons of Cowboys fans in Texas there are a ton of Cowboy haters here also. I would bet there isn't many Green Bay haters living in Wisconsin.............. Just a few thoughts.

Very true. I do hate the Cowboys but would only say so if asked directly. If someone were to just ask me about sports I wouldn't mention teams I don't like at all. Except for maybe the Lakers, I hate them with a passion! The only real thing I would talk about would be stadium experience. Which the best I've had is Minute Maid Park. The food is crazy good and there's plenty of room to move around. You're not crammed in your seat or stuck in walking traffic when all you want to do is go to the bathroom. There's plenty of those too. haha. Minute Maid also has alot of entertainment for fans like every friday home game has fireworks afterwards and they've actually had Guitar Hero competitions on the big screen. Plus they host the Minute Maid College Classic which for like $10 you get to see about 10 games over the weekend.

bobcat4life
06-20-2011, 02:42 PM
This has less credibility than Abilene Wylie's enrollment numbers

eagles_victory
06-20-2011, 02:49 PM
Translation of this thread... Another reason for Farmersfan to complain about the Cowboys.

TheDOCTORdre
06-20-2011, 02:50 PM
I think you really underestimate how cheated the Cowboy's fans feel over this team's performances the past decade! This survey proves pretty much that point exactly. Jerry is toddering right on the edge of losing a huge fan base if he doesn't get his S*** together and get this franchise back on top. It's already a national punchline to call them America's team. Nobody under the age of 30 can even remember them relavent.

I'm 25 and I remember their relevance but it was so long ago. As far as Jerry losing a huge fan base well we really don't need those kind of "fans"

Farmersfan
06-20-2011, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
I'm 25 and I remember their relevance but it was so long ago. As far as Jerry losing a huge fan base well we really don't need those kind of "fans"

Who is this "We" that you are talking about? And Jerry has already lost a ton of fans over the last decade or more. You are aware that the value of the franchise is in direct proportion with the number of fans buying their merchandise and purchasing tickets, right?

TheDOCTORdre
06-20-2011, 03:18 PM
Who is this "We" that you are talking about? And Jerry has already lost a ton of fans over the last decade or more. You are aware that the value of the franchise is in direct proportion with the number of fans buying their merchandise and purchasing tickets, right?

you are aware that real fans don't pick up and leave when things are down right?

eagles_victory
06-20-2011, 03:19 PM
Who is this "We" that you are talking about? And Jerry has already lost a ton of fans over the last decade or more. You are aware that the value of the franchise is in direct proportion with the number of fans buying their merchandise and purchasing tickets, right? In 2010 the Cowboys were the second most valuable franchise in the world behind Manchester United. The franchise is worth 1.65 billion dollars.

Farmersfan
06-20-2011, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Translation of this thread... Another reason for Farmersfan to complain about the Cowboys.

All your BS posts against the Mavericks the past 3 weeks cost you all your credibility EV. Start slow and maybe over time you can earn it back.

So, How about them Cowboys?

eagles_victory
06-20-2011, 03:39 PM
All your BS posts against the Mavericks the past 3 weeks cost you all your credibility EV. Start slow and maybe over time you can earn it back.

So, How about them Cowboys? Im a Miami Heat fan? I supported the Miami Heat. That hurts credability how?

Farmersfan
06-20-2011, 03:44 PM
you are aware that real fans don't pick up and leave when things are down right?

I guess I missed that "Real Fan" Commandment from God! Could you show me where that is written? Thanks..............

TheDOCTORdre
06-20-2011, 03:50 PM
I guess I missed that "Real Fan" Commandment from God! Could you show me where that is written? Thanks..............

just look where your head is and maybe you'll find it. Come on ff, by definition a fan is "An ardent devotee; an enthusiast."
short for fanatic.

A fanatic is "A person marked or motivated by an extreme, unreasoning enthusiasm, as for a cause"

You can't be by definition a fan/fanatic if you don't stand by your team

eagles_victory
06-21-2011, 01:29 AM

So, How about them Cowboys? still waiting...

Farmersfan
06-21-2011, 09:17 AM
Im a Miami Heat fan? I supported the Miami Heat. That hurts credability how?

Seriously? Sorry if it hurt your feelings but just go back and look at all the Mavs vs Heat threads and see some of your posts. There is a difference in supporting your team and making unsupported nonsense statements about them. Smack Talk is ok but smack talk doesn't earn you credibility. And making statements about your team or against another team that is uninformed and unsupported is just smack talk. That's all!

But sorry if I hurt your feelings.

Farmersfan
06-21-2011, 09:34 AM
just look where your head is and maybe you'll find it. Come on ff, by definition a fan is "An ardent devotee; an enthusiast."
short for fanatic.

A fanatic is "A person marked or motivated by an extreme, unreasoning enthusiasm, as for a cause"

Nice job giving me the definition of a fan even though you left out plenty. But I think the guestion was about a "Real Fan" and where it is written that a "Real Fan" never stops being a fan or must act a certain way as you claimed.

As defined by the Farmersfan urban dictionary:

Real Fan= Something a weak minded supporter of a team will call another person who says something about their team that they disagree with but can't debate in a civilized manner. In other words: "if you don't think and act like I do then you aren't a "Real Fan"! Can be interchanged with Bandwagon Fan. Example: "If you haven't supported them as long as I have then you are a bandwagon fan and therefore not as important as I am"!!!!

RoyceTTU
06-21-2011, 09:40 AM

Real Fan= Something a weak minded supporter of a team will call another person who says something about their team that they disagree with but can't debate in a civilized manner. In other words: "if you don't think and act like I do then you aren't a "Real Fan"! Can be interchanged with Bandwagon Fan. Example: "If you haven't supported them as long as I have then you are a bandwagon fan and therefore not as important as I am"!!!!

LOL, :clap:

Farmersfan
06-21-2011, 09:43 AM

And just for the sake of discussion, What in your opinion would constitute "standing by your team"? Do you not suppose someone could be fanatical about his team WINNING? Is it not also "standing by your team" if you expect them to always be improving and moving forward? Or does your definition of a fan require that a person accept what their team does without complaint or dissention? I call that an Athletic Supporter! And we all know what athletic supports are good for. If not for the expectations of the fans no professional team would push to get better. The drive to succeed comes equally from the people around you as it does from within................

eagles_victory
06-21-2011, 12:56 PM
Seriously? Sorry if it hurt your feelings but just go back and look at all the Mavs vs Heat threads and see some of your posts. There is a difference in supporting your team and making unsupported nonsense statements about them. Smack Talk is ok but smack talk doesn't earn you credibility. And making statements about your team or against another team that is uninformed and unsupported is just smack talk. That's all!

But sorry if I hurt your feelings. I never did that just because I never quit on my team like you did in game 4 doesn't mean I have no credability. I never talked "smack". Just because I support teams and dont start talking about how they suck if they get down a few points. BTW quoting random stats doesnt build credibility. What unsupported nonsense statement did I ever make?

Farmersfan
06-21-2011, 01:47 PM
I never did that just because I never quit on my team like you did in game 4 doesn't mean I have no credability. I never talked "smack". Just because I support teams and dont start talking about how they suck if they get down a few points. BTW quoting random stats doesnt build credibility. What unsupported nonsense statement did I ever make?

So it did hurt your feelings! Again I'm sorry.

And without stats, everything would just be a uneducated guess!

eagles_victory
06-21-2011, 02:55 PM
So it did hurt your feelings! Again I'm sorry.

And without stats, everything would just be a uneducated guess! Its not like Im talking my ball and going home like you did when Rangermom called you out so no it didnt hurt my feelings.

Farmersfan
06-21-2011, 03:52 PM
Its not like Im talking my ball and going home like you did when Rangermom called you out so no it didnt hurt my feelings.

Oh, you cut me deep EV. I thought we were homies! you remind me of the son I never had. Never wanted either! :D :D

Have a great evening. I have to go home.

pirate4state
06-21-2011, 04:20 PM
what a bunch of malarkey

TheDOCTORdre
06-21-2011, 05:59 PM
Nice job giving me the definition of a fan even though you left out plenty. But I think the guestion was about a "Real Fan" and where it is written that a "Real Fan" never stops being a fan or must act a certain way as you claimed.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/fan
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/fanatic

I'm sorry exactly what did I leave out?

How can a fan be a fan if they stop supporting a team? Do they no then give up their fanship?

And just for the sake of discussion, What in your opinion would constitute "standing by your team"? Do you not suppose someone could be fanatical about his team WINNING? Is it not also "standing by your team" if you expect them to always be improving and moving forward? Or does your definition of a fan require that a person accept what their team does without complaint or dissention? I call that an Athletic Supporter! And we all know what athletic supports are good for. If not for the expectations of the fans no professional team would push to get better. The drive to succeed comes equally from the people around you as it does from within................

Good ole Farmersfan changing the argument. My contention was that fans stick with their team through thick and thin, through winning and losing; nowhere did I say that a fan couldn't gripe or complain or that they should be satisfied with the status quo. In fact thats what makes a fan, the fact that they are invested into the team they love.

You said that Jerry was on the verge of losing a huge fan base if he didn't get the Cowboys back to their winning ways. And I disagree, the people Jerry is going to lose is "athletic supporters" Fans are going to continue to stay behind the team and root for them to succeed and complain when they don't.

Txbroadcaster
07-25-2011, 07:30 AM
wow..not sure how I missed this thread the first time lol...great read guys

Farmersfan
07-25-2011, 10:08 AM
wow..not sure how I missed this thread the first time lol...great read guys

Stirring up the hornets nest again TXB? :stirpot:

Txbroadcaster
07-25-2011, 10:22 AM
Stirring up the hornets nest again TXB? :stirpot:

no just commenting on how I enjoyed the banter on this thread, simple as that

Farmersfan
07-25-2011, 11:03 AM
no just commenting on how I enjoyed the banter on this thread, simple as that

I know! It is amazing how things can take so many twists and turns when people are discussing something so near and dear to their hearts isn't it. I re-read this whole thread and it changed directions at least a half dozen times..........:)