PDA

View Full Version : How bout Dennis Smith / Wimberley

Gsquared
06-20-2011, 06:42 AM
Where did he end up? I thought he was a senior this coming season right?

navscanmaster
06-20-2011, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Where did he end up? I thought he was a senior this coming season right?

I don't know, but according to all the pay sites, he no longer holds an offer to A&M. Rated as the 5th best fullback in the nation. He should end up with a free education somewhere.

RoyceTTU
06-20-2011, 08:20 AM
I wonder about qualifying though. I hope he dosn't get lost at a JUCO and lose interest.

Gsquared
06-20-2011, 08:24 AM
He hasnt graduated yet though, right? He is a senior this year?

RoyceTTU
06-20-2011, 08:30 AM
He hasnt graduated yet though, right? He is a senior this year?

Is he even enrolled? Lots of odd rumors floating around. I hope he gets it all straight. And yes, he would be a senior this year.

Gsquared
06-20-2011, 08:40 AM
Oh ok good deal. I asked cuz the DCTF write up for Wimberley makes no mention of him.

Matthew328
06-20-2011, 08:54 AM
dont think he's with the program....he wasn't listed on any of their preview info

Ernest T Bass
06-20-2011, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
I don't know, but according to all the pay sites, he no longer holds an offer to A&M. Rated as the 5th best fullback in the nation. He should end up with a free education somewhere.

Fullback almost guarantees he plays another position in college. No one signs a full time FB anymore.

CheerMom
06-20-2011, 09:54 AM
I thought that was him playing for Wimberley in the Bandera SQT....maybe we were wrong, but someone said that it was....

SHSBulldog00
06-20-2011, 11:17 AM
He was on the sideline against Sweeny in the playoffs. But I was told later he was moving out of Wimberley, not sure where though.

CheerMom
06-20-2011, 11:24 AM
Looked up pics of him and it was definitely him playing with Wimberley at the Bandera SQT.

Roughneck93
06-20-2011, 11:45 AM
Yeah didn't he see limited action against Coldspring in the playoffs? As a linebacker though.

Gobbler Fan
06-20-2011, 12:37 PM
I read he was heading to Blinn

bulldog82
06-20-2011, 03:00 PM
Here's what i know. He was not at bandreas' SQT. He was at LaVernia SQT and played against Bandera. They had their way with us. Smith played one of the safties and RB. Don't know if that means he's back at wimbo. or not. Have heard he still has issues but that's rumored.

bulldog82
06-20-2011, 03:09 PM
One other thing i'd like to share but does'nt warrant it's own thread is that at the Bandera SQT out of the 8 teams,the 4 moving on to the semi were Burnet Bulldogs VS Bandera Bulldogs and Somerset Bulldogs VS Marion Bulldogs.Thought that was pretty odd.

gold_33
06-20-2011, 03:35 PM
All i know is what Ive heard from people I talk to around town and a few of the coaches, he's enrolled at Wimberley and plans on playing for Wimberley this year. I know he has a long ways to go on proving himself to the coaches and has to earn his spot back but hopefully he has his head straight now because if he's playing with something to prove to not only our coaches but to college coaches too then he could be in for a huge year. I think the A&M offer is still there if he shows improvement and maturity, but they may want him to prove himself at Blinn for a year before they give it to him. But barring any setbacks he will be part of the Wimberley Texans come August!!

trojandad
06-20-2011, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Roughneck93
Yeah didn't he see limited action against Coldspring in the playoffs? As a linebacker though.

he played a couple of downs at rb but was uneffective really....played more at what appeared to be lb, was hard to tell cause they were filling the box to stop the run.....

Gsquared
06-20-2011, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by gold_33
All i know is what Ive heard from people I talk to around town and a few of the coaches, he's enrolled at Wimberley and plans on playing for Wimberley this year. I know he has a long ways to go on proving himself to the coaches and has to earn his spot back but hopefully he has his head straight now because if he's playing with something to prove to not only our coaches but to college coaches too then he could be in for a huge year. I think the A&M offer is still there if he shows improvement and maturity, but they may want him to prove himself at Blinn for a year before they give it to him. But barring any setbacks he will be part of the Wimberley Texans come August!!
Man, if he plays, has his head on straight and is back to being healty, he could make Wimberley go from really dangerous to down right deadly this year. Ill be in Sealy for that game, cant wait!

Roughneck93
06-20-2011, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by trojandad
he played a couple of downs at rb but was uneffective really....played more at what appeared to be lb, was hard to tell cause they were filling the box to stop the run.....

Gotcha. Hope he gets himself right. Read this article a while back ago. He shares some of his stuggles.

GigEm247 interview with Dennis Smith (http://tamu.247sports.com/Article/GigEm247-interview-with-Wimberley-Running-Back-Dennis-Smith-9178)

gold_33
06-20-2011, 03:51 PM
Man, if he plays, has his head on straight and is back to being healty, he could make Wimberley go from really dangerous to down right deadly this year. Ill be in Sealy for that game, cant wait!

Very well could and thats what we are all hoping for but only time will tell. I know he's got some good people around him helping him out so hopefully they'll help him realize what huge opportunities he has in life. If he comes out with a chip on his shoulder and something to prove theres no telling how good he could possibly be this season.

Tx Challenge
06-21-2011, 03:19 AM
Originally posted by gold_33
Very well could and thats what we are all hoping for but only time will tell. I know he's got some good people around him helping him out so hopefully they'll help him realize what huge opportunities he has in life. If he comes out with a chip on his shoulder and something to prove theres no telling how good he could possibly be this season. THX Gold, good to hear from someone from Wimb. Had not heard he was not playing. Best of luck to you guys