PDA

View Full Version : Prayers PLEASE

OldBison75
06-20-2011, 12:30 AM
There is currently a huge wildfire in south Grimes County that has already destroyed over 30 homes and many outbuildings and barns. Only one injury so far is reported, but many of my friends have lost their possessions. Please pray for those affected and for the brave firefighters from three counties that are fighting the fire. The fire has already consumed about 3600 acres of land since 2PM. Info can be seen at kbtx.com, ktkr.com, and khou.com.

orange machine
06-20-2011, 12:52 AM
Prayers sent. As anybody else noticed all the disasters in our country and around the world? We have had record numbers of tornadoes, Earthquakes, flooding, droughts, volcanic eruptions, birds falling out of the sky by the thousands, fish washing up by the thousands, wars breaking out, riots, global economy is collapsing. Every day it seems that something else bad is going on and it's getting worse. People will say these things have always happened and that's true but not on the scale that's going on. Even scientist are scratching there heads saying we have no clue what is going on. For those who believe in Christ we are excited because we know he is coming and all the signs are here for his return. At some point people have to ask the question the Bible says these things must happen and these things will be very bad. Right now things are very bad but will be getting worse. It's easy really the Bible explains perfectly what is to come and it's happening but yet scientist who are supposed to know it all have no clue why all the trouble is happening. Lift up your eyes for the Lord is at hand.

eagles_victory
06-20-2011, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by orange machine
Prayers sent. As anybody else noticed all the disasters in our country and around the world? We have had record numbers of tornadoes, Earthquakes, flooding, droughts, volcanic eruptions, birds falling out of the sky by the thousands, fish washing up by the thousands, wars breaking out, riots, global economy is collapsing. Every day it seems that something else bad is going on and it's getting worse. People will say these things have always happened and that's true but not on the scale that's going on. Even scientist are scratching there heads saying we have no clue what is going on. For those who believe in Christ we are excited because we know he is coming and all the signs are here for his return. At some point people have to ask the question the Bible says these things must happen and these things will be very bad. Right now things are very bad but will be getting worse. It's easy really the Bible explains perfectly what is to come and it's happening but yet scientist who are supposed to know it all have no clue why all the trouble is happening. Lift up your eyes for the Lord is at hand. Lets not start a holy war Harris.

orange machine
06-20-2011, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Lets not start a holy war Harris.
I'm not starting anything those who decide to argue would be the ones starting a war. By the way who is Harris?

OldBison75
06-20-2011, 01:41 AM
Okay, nevermind--I was asking for prayers because some friends lost their homes, and many of my fellow firefighters are in harms way while fighting this fire. I did not at all intend for this to become a religious discussion. I will pray on my own.

Yoe_09
06-20-2011, 01:44 AM
Prayers from Cameron.

trojandad
06-20-2011, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by OldBison75
Okay, nevermind--I was asking for prayers because some friends lost their homes, and many of my fellow firefighters are in harms way while fighting this fire. I did not at all intend for this to become a religious discussion. I will pray on my own.

my cousin is just north of the fire in north walker county as well, shes very worried, last i heard that fire is 0% contained....will remember them all....

orange machine
06-20-2011, 01:54 AM
Sorry you are right I shouldn't have done that I was just thinking about all the bad things going on.

bobcat1
06-20-2011, 07:31 AM
Okay, nevermind--I was asking for prayers because some friends lost their homes, and many of my fellow firefighters are in harms way while fighting this fire. I did not at all intend for this to become a religious discussion. I will pray on my own. I'll join you. Prayers added to yours.

RoyceTTU
06-20-2011, 07:36 AM
Hang in there. Prayers out to everyone in the state dealing with off and on over the past few months.

Roughneck93
06-20-2011, 07:36 AM
Prayers sent.

SWMustang
06-20-2011, 07:42 AM
I'm praying the weatherman is right and we start getting some rain this week. It would help out the firefighters. Houston has had something like 1 inch of rain since March.

garciap77
06-20-2011, 08:06 AM
Prayers sent.

Phil C
06-20-2011, 09:13 AM
"Lord Rebuke the Wildfire,
Bless and Protect our friends in Grimes and surrounding couties from all evil and harm.
Please protect all lives and keep property damage at a minimum."

OldBison75
06-20-2011, 09:25 AM
This fire has now grown to over 4000 acres according to the Forest Service. They fear that the windy conditions today may create more problems as the fire is only 5% contained. Firefighters from 14 departments and the Texas and US Forest Service are bravely trying to gain more control.

There is also a huge fire about 30 miles from this one in Walker county. It is only 10% contained this morning.

Not to mention a fire that has already consumed over 20,000 acres in far east Texas.

Pray for rain and plenty of it.

LionFan72
06-20-2011, 11:15 AM
Prayers sent for the families displaced, and the firefighters!