PDA

View Full Version : Strong points on your team this year?

orange machine
06-19-2011, 05:06 PM
What will be your football teams strong point this year?

buckeyebob
06-19-2011, 05:24 PM
If we can make it to the playoffs out of this district, State Champs will be a snap.

orange machine
06-19-2011, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by buckeyebob
If we can make it to the playoffs out of this district, State Champs will be a snap.
That doesn't tell anybody what your strong points will be. :doh:

Sweetwater Red
06-19-2011, 06:49 PM
A handful, of what will be three year starters, that endured a 1-9 season their sophomore years.

Also Ryan Linebaugh who will also be a three year starter. But, will only be a junior next season.

bigwood33
06-19-2011, 09:19 PM
Experience is our best asset. We are returning 9 starters on offense and 10 on defense.

orange machine
06-19-2011, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by bigwood33
Experience is our best asset. We are returning 9 starters on offense and 10 on defense.
That should help alot I hope for y'all that the monkey will get pulled off.

MGAR
06-19-2011, 09:54 PM

You made it to playoffs last season Bob.

orange machine
06-19-2011, 09:58 PM
Celina's strong part should be the massive oline they will have with 3 d1 players. Then add in Jamarque at runningback Celina's offense will be flat nasty. Got a feeling the running game will be in full effect running behind the Road Graters.

LT 6'4 300 LG 6'3 265 C 6'3 285 RG 6'5 300 RT 6'5 250

3 words
Ground And Pound!

bigwood33
06-19-2011, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
That should help alot I hope for y'all that the monkey will get pulled off.
Thanks bud. I know that the Bobcats bye week is week 8. If we have things going our way, you should come see us. I know that we have a linebacker that is worth the price of admission;)

orange machine
06-19-2011, 10:03 PM
Thanks bud. I know that the Bobcats bye week is week 8. If we have things going our way, you should come see us. I know that we have a linebacker that is worth the price of admission;)
Yeah wish he could have some how made his way south and to the east a little.

bigwood33
06-19-2011, 10:07 PM
:D

Ernest T Bass
06-19-2011, 10:26 PM
I know that we have a linebacker that is worth the price of admission;)

I'll vouch for this one! Lord knows I tried recruiting him!

orange machine
06-19-2011, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
I'll vouch for this one! Lord knows I tried recruiting him!
That makes 2 of us then. They must pay good up in the boro.:D

bwdlionfan
06-19-2011, 11:10 PM
That makes 2 of us then. They must pay good up in the boro.:D

They sure must if Celina couldn't afford him. Don't let Wylie find out about him!

orange machine
06-19-2011, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
They sure must if Celina couldn't afford him. Don't let Wylie find out about him!
Don't think they can add another student that might push them over the limit. Oh wait I forgot realignment is next year so yeah I guess they could try also.

Ernest T Bass
06-19-2011, 11:28 PM
Don't think they can add another student that might push them over the limit. Oh wait I forgot realignment is next year so yeah I guess they could try also.

ADM snapshot is in October. Would be a bad idea.
We offered him all the Mexican food and manual labor he could handle. Rags even offered him tips on picking up chicks and living with pink eye. Wood wouldn't budge. We were gonna offer him 20 virgins, but couldn't find any.

slingshot
06-19-2011, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
They sure must if Celina couldn't afford him. Don't let Wylie find out about him! BWD talking about recruiting students? Talk about the pot calling the kettle... well, you know. :rolleyes:

GrTigers6
06-20-2011, 04:04 AM
Ours would have to be size and speed,
We have several players this year with above average speed. and we have receivers over 6'. Plus our line averages 265 this year, which is up considerably from last year.
It will be interesting to see how they do as the new players gain experience. We can only improve on last years team!

eagles_victory
06-20-2011, 04:30 AM
Don't think they can add another student that might push them over the limit. Oh wait I forgot realignment is next year so yeah I guess they could try also. Post about Wylies enrollment never gets old.:D

bigwood33
06-20-2011, 05:31 AM
ADM snapshot is in October. Would be a bad idea.
We offered him all the Mexican food and manual labor he could handle. Rags even offered him tips on picking up chicks and living with pink eye. Wood wouldn't budge. We were gonna offer him 20 virgins, but couldn't find any.
I just love starting the day with a good laugh! Thanks buddy.

Ernest T Bass
06-20-2011, 05:45 AM
I just love starting the day with a good laugh! Thanks buddy.

De nada,mi amigo.

oldtownag
06-20-2011, 07:35 AM

Didn't you make the playoffs last year?

trojandad
06-20-2011, 07:39 AM
sherman gilbert........

with a healthy season, i look for him to break our single season rushing record of 2,790 yds by ray fisher in 92....cummings came close this past year but only started full time the 3rd game, and gilbert was injured the beginning of last season....

garciap77
06-20-2011, 08:11 AM

We don't recruit!

BwdLion73
06-20-2011, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by slingshot
BWD talking about recruiting students? Talk about the pot calling the kettle... well, you know. :rolleyes:

:p :cool:

rholl
06-20-2011, 01:02 PM
secondary and lb's should be about as solid as they get.
Offense will be a work in progress as far as steadily moving the ball down the field but a coupla home run hitters have the ability to take the ball from end zone to end zone on any given play.

Gsquared
06-20-2011, 01:08 PM
What will be your football teams strong point this year?
Alot of people say, they are a fourth quarter team, others say they are fast starters and are a first half team. My team, we are a half time team. We make great strides during half time in that we are not falling farter behind during those 28 mins.

jdawg2012
06-20-2011, 01:10 PM
Jasper...lets see....we got a new logo. That's about it. :doh:

Ernest T Bass
06-20-2011, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by jdawg2012
Jasper...lets see....we got a new logo. That's about it. :doh:

That's huge. The little dog jumping through the J was pretty ghey.

waterboy
06-20-2011, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Alot of people say, they are a fourth quarter team, others say they are fast starters and are a first half team. My team, we are a half time team. We make great strides during half time in that we are not falling farter behind during those 28 mins.
My team will be definitely be vertically challenged this year, but they will make up for it by being slow-footed and weak.

jdawg2012
06-20-2011, 01:23 PM
That's huge. The little dog jumping through the J was pretty ghey.

? Not sure what you mean. Football didn't have that. They just had a plain bulldog that we've had for as long as I can remember. Now it's a cool lookin J inside an oval. Ill post a pic if I can find one. The only place they have it right now is on the schedule on the stadium and they've given out some car stickers. I heard its gonna be on the helmets but I haven't confirmed it.

Ernest T Bass
06-20-2011, 01:31 PM
This was never the Jasper helmet?

http://www.txhshelmetproject.com/TexasHighSchools/J/Jasper.png

Ernest T Bass
06-20-2011, 01:32 PM
? Not sure what you mean. Football didn't have that. They just had a plain bulldog that we've had for as long as I can remember. Now it's a cool lookin J inside an oval. Ill post a pic if I can find one. The only place they have it right now is on the schedule on the stadium and they've given out some car stickers. I heard its gonna be on the helmets but I haven't confirmed it.

The new one sounds like the Pearland logo. I like that. I liked the old one with just the bulldog on the side, too.

jdawg2012
06-20-2011, 01:33 PM
This was never the Jasper helmet?

http://www.txhshelmetproject.com/TexasHighSchools/J/Jasper.png

No. That was proposed but never used. Take away the J in the back and that's what it was.

This is 2010's.

Ernest T Bass
06-20-2011, 01:51 PM
No. That was proposed but never used. Take away the J in the back and that's what it was.

This is 2010's.

I coulda swore I saw it in a picture of a playoff game against Gilmer.

jdawg2012
06-20-2011, 01:59 PM

Hmm...they do have a tendency to change things for playoffs. Including entirely different helmets. You might have. I just know it was never used in regular season.

Gsquared
06-20-2011, 02:00 PM
Thats ok Ernest T Bass, we all make mistakes sometimes. You will be right next time, im sure of it. We all have your back. Do you think Los Fresnos will make the playoffs?

jdawg2012
06-20-2011, 02:01 PM
The new one sounds like the Pearland logo. I like that. I liked the old one with just the bulldog on the side, too.

I heard it was a copy of someone who started with an L and then they just flipped it to make a J. I can't remember who it was though. I want to say Lucas Lovejoy but I don't think that's it.
And as for the old ones I liked those too, its just time for a new one.

Roughneck93
06-20-2011, 02:04 PM
I heard it was a copy of someone who started with an L and then they just flipped it to make a J. I can't remember who it was though. I want to say Lucas Lovejoy but I don't think that's it.
And as for the old ones I liked those too, its just time for a new one.

Longview?

Ernest T Bass
06-20-2011, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Thats ok Ernest T Bass, we all make mistakes sometimes. You will be right next time, im sure of it. We all have your back. Do you think Los Fresnos will make the playoffs?

Yes, you all do make mistakes. Luckily, I dont.
Yes, I think Los Fresnos will be in the playoffs. Good young HC down there, and from what I understand, in the process of bringing in another coach who never shoulda left the RGV in the first place.

jdawg2012
06-20-2011, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Roughneck93
Longview?

YES! That's it. Thanks.

Txbroadcaster
06-20-2011, 02:12 PM
Longview just has a L no oval

Gsquared
06-20-2011, 02:15 PM
Yes, you all do make mistakes. Luckily, I dont.
Yes, I think Los Fresnos will be in the playoffs. Good young HC down there, and from what I understand, in the process of bringing in another coach who never shoulda left the RGV in the first place.
Your right about that. I bet I get roped in to helping said coach move back down there if he gets the gig :p

jdawg2012
06-20-2011, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Longview just has a L no oval

Yeah, the Jasper one has an oval around it though. I guess they were trying to make it seem like they came up with it on their own. The letter is the same font and design though.

MGAR
06-20-2011, 02:20 PM
Ahh... A rocking J..

Sweet

Ernest T Bass
06-20-2011, 02:23 PM
Sounds like the Ennis "rockin' E".

http://cdn.nextsmallthings.com/coolchaser.com/thumb-6801708.jpg

bigwood33
06-20-2011, 02:27 PM

Now you're just showin' off!:D

MGAR
06-20-2011, 02:31 PM

I looked for the Lobos championship ring... Couldnt find it but here what it would of looked like.

http://www.tjscollectiblesinc.com/t//1937_NY_Yankees_WS_Ring-5.jpg

jdawg2012
06-20-2011, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by MGAR
Ahh... A rocking J..

Sweet

That's actually what they called it. Haha. I thought it was just something the athletic director came up with.

waterboy
06-20-2011, 02:42 PM
I looked for the Lobos championship ring... Couldnt find it but here what it would of looked like.

http://www.tjscollectiblesinc.com/t//1937_NY_Yankees_WS_Ring-5.jpg
You couldn't find it? :doh: Could it be because they haven't won one since 1937?:mad: :D

jdawg2012
06-20-2011, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
You couldn't find it? :doh: Could it be because they haven't won one since 1937?:mad: :D

Ouch.

Wait, what am I talking about? Jasper has ZERO! :doh:

MGAR
06-20-2011, 03:21 PM

of course..

Thats why the ring I used was a 1937 New York yankees ring..

Oh and according to a brain child over on smoaky in the thread with the same title as this one.. speed always beats a 350 lb bench pressing lineman.

waterboy
06-20-2011, 03:30 PM
of course..

Thats why the ring I used was a 1937 New York yankees ring..

Oh and according to a brain child over on smoaky in the thread with the same title as this one.. speed always beats a 350 lb bench pressing lineman.
I'm curious.......did they even get rings back then for winning a state championship? If not, what did they get, just a trophy? I'm sure one of our downlow gurus can answer these questions.....:1popcorn:

By the way, that guy over there is partially right,........IF the faster feller can get around the big feller........you can't pancake what you can't catch.....:D

Ernest T Bass
06-20-2011, 03:33 PM
I'm curious.......did they even get rings back then for winning a state championship? If not, what did they get, just a trophy? I'm sure one of our downlow gurus can answer these questions.....:1popcorn:

The 1970's is the earliest I know of anyone getting a ring for winning a HS state championship.

waterboy
06-20-2011, 03:35 PM
The 1970's is the earliest I know of anyone getting a ring for winning a HS state championship.
That's what I was thinking, but I wasn't sure.

Ernest T Bass
06-20-2011, 03:42 PM
That's what I was thinking, but I wasn't sure.

Could be earler. That's the earliest state champion I know(my dad), and Ive seen the ring, obviously.

nobogey72
06-20-2011, 03:56 PM
Could be earler. That's the earliest state champion I know(my dad), and Ive seen the ring, obviously.

What year and school?

MGAR
06-20-2011, 04:00 PM

By the way, that guy over there is partially right,........IF the faster feller can get around the big feller........you can't pancake what you can't catch.....:D

Oh I know, he is partially right... But not 100% right..

lol just like the other guy asking about usain bolt... Speed is great, but still gott have sense.

waterboy
06-20-2011, 04:09 PM
Oh I know, he is partially right... But not 100% right..

lol just like the other guy asking about usain bolt... Speed is great, but still gott have sense.
Yep. The faster player will only have the advantage if he has football IQ.

MGAR
06-20-2011, 04:10 PM
Yep. The faster player will only have the advantage if he has football IQ.

Completely off topic here..

When is SMU gonna offer Turner? I hear its getting close..

To play defense.

Ernest T Bass
06-20-2011, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
What year and school?

1975 Ennis HS

waterboy
06-20-2011, 04:15 PM
Completely off topic here..

When is SMU gonna offer Turner? I hear its getting close..

To play defense.
Haven't heard. I'm sure we'll hear something around the beginning of the season. I'll keep my ears open. :cool: He probably hasn't decided what position he wants to play yet, and what positions he will be offered. We'll see... I think he'll have monster numbers at QB this year, and will show the leadership he's capable of. The offers will keep coming, I'm sure.

trojandad
06-20-2011, 04:38 PM
1975 Ennis HS

saw that team, was covering them for the waxahachie paper for extra school money before b'ball season....lost the first game then ran the table....slowest overall team speed i ever saw for a state champ, but they played together like nobody ive seen....fun time, i think they beat cuero for the title, real defensive game....

slingshot
06-20-2011, 04:42 PM
My team will be definitely be vertically challenged this year, but they will make up for it by being slow-footed and weak. Makes me think of Gordon Wood's quote about the '78 BWD team "We may be small... but we're slow." And they were... but a damn good team nonetheless.

Ernest T Bass
06-20-2011, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by trojandad
saw that team, was covering them for the waxahachie paper for extra school money before b'ball season....lost the first game then ran the table....slowest overall team speed i ever saw for a state champ, but they played together like nobody ive seen....fun time, i think they beat cuero for the title, real defensive game....

Yep, ended Cuero's 44 in a row run. You'd be surprised how many guys on the 75 team had sons on the 2000,2001, and 2004 Ennis state championship teams.

orange machine
06-20-2011, 05:25 PM
Ok enough butt slapping Bronwood sucks, Wylie recruites and fudges the numbers, Celina is scared. Ok can we get back to business now?

cowboyandchrist
06-20-2011, 05:56 PM
Haven't heard. I'm sure we'll hear something around the beginning of the season. I'll keep my ears open. :cool: He probably hasn't decided what position he wants to play yet, and what positions he will be offered. We'll see... I think he'll have monster numbers at QB this year, and will show the leadership he's capable of. The offers will keep coming, I'm sure.
So far the only QB from East Texas to have offers on the table is Overstreet from Tatum. He has two for QB and two for wide receiver.

MGAR
06-20-2011, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by cowboyandchrist
So far the only QB from East Texas to have offers on the table is Overstreet from Tatum. He has two for QB and two for wide receiver.

More are on the edge of offering Overstreet. They want to see him in person..

By the time the season is over the kid from Longview will get an offer or two at QB. He will be pretty good.

East Texas has ALOT of good quarterbacks but only a few pass the eye test, as far as what colleges think QBs should look like.

buckeyebob
06-21-2011, 03:30 PM
I was told that Turner was looking @ Stanford...is he that bright?